Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:08:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need a PayPal refund for your BFL purchase?  (Read 33988 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
davidkassa

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 01:01:03 AM

Refund processing according to PayPal. Sent an email and got a response in < 3 hours.

It looks like a pretty canned response and I'm assuming that PP is on auto-refund at this point.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
beavertank

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 01:42:22 AM

I just got tracking info for my unit that i got a refund for? but it looks like it just came up in the que what should i do?

When it shows up don't sign for it, tell the delivery person (politely) that you're refusing the package, and that's that.

Make sure everyone else at your home/wherever you sent the package knows not to sign for it and to refuse it too.

Did I help you out, or otherwise say something useful? A handful of satoshis are a great way to say thanks! - Address: 18JUKdmE1Satf8HJUU3pf7iu5ymQX8AzER
lajz99 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 02:19:35 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2013, 03:38:33 AM by lajz99

Well, the information is now public on reddit so I've added it to the original post.  I knew it would happen at some point.   Angry

I hope you all continue to receive refunds using the information and I appreciate those of you who have sent your gratitude via tips.  If anyone has any questions or needs any help feel free to shoot me a PM.  I will also continue to moderate the thread so it does not get shut down so please keep it on topic.

If you do receive a refund please post or shoot me a PM if you want to remain anonymous but I want to continue keeping track of how many have gotten their cash back!

[Edit: I removed the information because I received so many PM's asking for me to not take the chance making it public.  Screw those on reddit.]

BKM

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 02:28:51 AM

Well, the information is now public on reddit so I've added it to the original post.  I knew it would happen at some point.   Angry

I hope you all continue to receive refunds using the information and I appreciate those of you who have sent your gratitude via tips.  If anyone has any questions or needs any help feel free to shoot me a PM.  I will also continue to moderate the thread so it does not get shut down so please keep it on topic.

If you do receive a refund please post or shoot me a PM if you want to remain anonymous but I want to continue keeping track of how many have gotten their cash back!

TY for making it Easy.

Thursday

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 02:37:49 AM

Tip for anyone wanting to refuse delivery of a package.  Write a note stating you want to refuse the package and tape it to the front door.  Print and sign your name, also include the name of the sender (in case of other package). In most cases this should be enough for the driver to refuse the item.  This way you don't have to wait around the house or count on someone else to refuse it for you.

Source: Ex FedEx Delivery Driver

1AXBRFK5a8dP7z8T3gb3hvUjm2F6KYFmgS
beavertank

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 02:43:03 AM

Do you think paypal will Charge my Bank acct if bfl reverses it. I already have moved it out of paypal. and can have it out of the bank acct by tomorrow.

I mentioned this earlier, but the PayPal terms of service don't seem to allow for that. What they'll do is give your PayPal account a negative balance, then begin attempting to collect on that amount (which would involve collections calls first, and ultimately PayPal selling the debt to a third party collection agency who will possibly resort to all sorts of other fun tactics to get the money, depending on how much it is).

As long as you refuse the package you won't ever have to worry about that.

Did I help you out, or otherwise say something useful? A handful of satoshis are a great way to say thanks! - Address: 18JUKdmE1Satf8HJUU3pf7iu5ymQX8AzER
amolina

Activity: 690

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 08:30:48 AM

+1

OK refund.  BFL->PayP->VISA= +72 Hours.

I'll send PM confirming my donation.

Thank you very much.
   Best Regards
   Antonio Molina

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 08:54:54 AM

I dont see any paypal option on BFL website anymore. When did they remove it?

About the time the Monarch line was introduced.
zoinky

Activity: 811
Merit: 1000

Web Developer

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 01:40:04 PM

I dont see any paypal option on BFL website anymore. When did they remove it?

About the time the Monarch line was introduced.

That made me chuckle.  This thread makes me happy.
natb

Activity: 28
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:43:47 PM

Full refund here. Thanks for sharing with the community. Wonder how long before BFL is bankrupt - that was my main worry that they would go bankrupt before my position in the queue came up! The Monarch stuff (ponzi scheme anyone?) and the queue jumping were the last straws for me!

So are there any other decent mining companies out there who are shipping actual product?
PaperClip

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:47:21 PM

I received BFL->PayPal full refund in 1 hour Cheesy
Now waiting money to go back to VISA, but thats not an issue
lajz99 (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:41:37 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2013, 07:50:42 PM by lajz99

Up to 83 refunds this morning!

Please Note:  I am not the creator of the reddit thread nor the website that has been posted (warning: there is a browser warning re: phishing on the site).  The creator of that thread has pretty much decided to take credit for the information after I provided it to him on here.  He also will not reveal his identity to me.  While I appreciate that he is helping out the community, I do NOT appreciate someone taking credit and marketing himself for obtaining the information I spent quite a while digging up.  That is my rant for the day.

lajz99 (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 02:55:13 AM

Messages are starting to slow down significantly.  Don't be scared, feel free to reach out if you need help!

natb

Activity: 28
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 03:47:35 AM

Up to 83 refunds this morning!

Please Note:  I am not the creator of the reddit thread nor the website that has been posted (warning: there is a browser warning re: phishing on the site).  The creator of that thread has pretty much decided to take credit for the information after I provided it to him on here.  He also will not reveal his identity to me.  While I appreciate that he is helping out the community, I do NOT appreciate someone taking credit and marketing himself for obtaining the information I spent quite a while digging up.  That is my rant for the day.

Man, that is quite lame - sorry to hear that. And for those on this thread - I would encourage anyone who got a refund to tip lajz99 - just think about how sorry you'd be when you got a paperweight miner in 2014.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 03:49:00 AM

Hey all, wondering if anyone contacted them today and got a response yet. I sent in the emails yesterday, got one autorespond almost instantly saying that they don't accept incoming emails on that address and to log into my account and contact them from there instead, and the other hasn't responded yet after 24 hours.

Just trying to keep on top so I know when I should send in another in case they missed the first or something. Don't want to harass them.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Zich
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 09:48:17 AM

Second, that "40 days to ship" seems to mesh with the "operational mistake" of shipping out of queue that BFL got caught at the other day.

Interestingly, my account at BFL is still active (I half expected it to be insta-banned for this) and my order still shows as "processing". So maybe they're hoping they can get to my order/all these orders within 40 days and that people will sign for and accept the package so they can get PayPal to recharge them?

I'm not sure if PayPal can recharge you or not but I suggest that you do NOT sign for a package from BFL if you have received a refund.  Not only is it dishonest, but you may end up paying for a worthless product.

So i email Paypal about this matter because my order on BFL also still "Processing".

This is the respond email  from Paypal:)

Code:
Dear #####,

Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Support. My name is ##### and I have just received your emails. It my pleasure assisting you today.

Referring to your query, we did not have features for seller to chargeback your PayPal account. All transaction is self initiated by account owner. PayPal will not charge your account without you initiated the process.

In your case, kindly advice the seller to stop the shipment as you are no longer need the item. If the item already reach your address, you can choose not to accept it the parcel and request for refund to sender.

I hope this information is helpful and resolve your issue with PayPal. Please let me know if you need further assistance anytime.

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing PayPal. Your satisfaction is important to us. We welcome your feedback and hope you recommend us to your friends and family.

Please make sure you have a valid mobile phone number on your PayPal account so that we can contact you if we need to confirm any unusual account activity and protect you from unauthorized account use. To add or update a mobile phone number is easy: Log in to your PayPal account, click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page, and then click ‘Update’ beside ‘Phone.’

Sincerely,
#####
PayPal Resolution Services
PayPal, an eBay Company

Copyright© 1999-2013 PayPal Inc. All rights reserved.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 02:04:27 PM

Second, that "40 days to ship" seems to mesh with the "operational mistake" of shipping out of queue that BFL got caught at the other day.

Interestingly, my account at BFL is still active (I half expected it to be insta-banned for this) and my order still shows as "processing". So maybe they're hoping they can get to my order/all these orders within 40 days and that people will sign for and accept the package so they can get PayPal to recharge them?

I'm not sure if PayPal can recharge you or not but I suggest that you do NOT sign for a package from BFL if you have received a refund.  Not only is it dishonest, but you may end up paying for a worthless product.

So i email Paypal about this matter because my order on BFL also still "Processing".

This is the respond email  from Paypal:)

Code:
Dear #####,

Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Support. My name is ##### and I have just received your emails. It my pleasure assisting you today.

Referring to your query, we did not have features for seller to chargeback your PayPal account. All transaction is self initiated by account owner. PayPal will not charge your account without you initiated the process.

In your case, kindly advice the seller to stop the shipment as you are no longer need the item. If the item already reach your address, you can choose not to accept it the parcel and request for refund to sender.

I hope this information is helpful and resolve your issue with PayPal. Please let me know if you need further assistance anytime.

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing PayPal. Your satisfaction is important to us. We welcome your feedback and hope you recommend us to your friends and family.

Please make sure you have a valid mobile phone number on your PayPal account so that we can contact you if we need to confirm any unusual account activity and protect you from unauthorized account use. To add or update a mobile phone number is easy: Log in to your PayPal account, click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page, and then click ‘Update’ beside ‘Phone.’

Sincerely,
#####
PayPal Resolution Services
PayPal, an eBay Company

Copyright© 1999-2013 PayPal Inc. All rights reserved.
@ Zich

Can you contact them and tell them that BFL is ["apparently"] sending a huge number of Tracking numbers to PayPal that aren't actually in transit to delay the Chargeback process....and see what they have to say about that?

Could you ask them to investigate this on your behalf?
curtiskam

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 03:46:04 PM

This is starting to not look good.  I wonder why they suddenly don't have the "features" to initiate the chargeback?  I sent to paypal via the supplied e-mail addresses around 1:00 PM EST yesterday, no response yet.  I really hope it works out.  I'm lacking confidence that the "shipping dates" BFL is showing are even real.  It just seems like more misinformation.
curtiskam

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 04:09:23 PM

Sellers can't chargeback a buyer, that doesn't make any sense.  But the dispute can stay open for something like 10-40 days where BFL can submit evidence that you received the product, ending the dispute in their favor.

OK, I misunderstood.  I thought they were saying PayPal lacked the features to issue a refund.  Hope top hear good news from Paypal soon.
Fjordbit

Activity: 588

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 04:58:48 PM

I have a friend who is trying to go through this process starting yesterday and it is not working at all anymore. There are no responses from the email addresses given and Paypal is playing hardball again with the 45 day limit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: