Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:03:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need a PayPal refund for your BFL purchase?  (Read 33988 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 02:08:56 AM

I got a response from PayPal that they have created a non-delivery claim and are awaiting a response from BFL.  I can't imagine BFL will rush to respond to an e-mail from anyone, including PayPal. Sad  Fingers Crosssed!

Since you make 2 approach to Paypal, then we can't know which one create the dispute. By the way, when did you paid the order(my guess is arround 45 days)?

Order was paid in late march.  Dispute filed through web site was rejected.  Nothing new yet.

Try calling. I've had them file a claim beyond 45 days by talking to a real person in disputes. Just politely explain the situation and they might make an exception.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nobunaga

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 03:46:40 AM

it is now 48 hours and counting. no reply from them yet. here are the things i did.

1. i opened a dispute through paypal web form and it was rejected automatically because of 45 days period (i ordered on January)
2. i sent emails to the addresses i got from lajz99.

now only thing left for me to do is to call them.
BTCscraper

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 06:54:40 AM

You don't need to call them.  If lajz99's method still works, that one is still best.  I called them up as my step 2 and was promised an email or a callback regarding a decision within a week.  I got neither until I did lajz99's method two weeks™ later.

Butterfly Labs has a different interpretation of the FTC Mail Order Rule.  You do not have a refund option with the BFL Monarch no matter how late they ship.
"... In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." -- Albert Einstein
"Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get." -- Ray Kroc
akhentek

Activity: 45

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:14:40 PM

Refund received within 24 hours of email.

Thank you!

Sending you a tip when I get home Smiley
Subw

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:22:15 PM

No refund for 24+ hours ;(
VinceSamios

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 09:15:15 AM

No reply or refund from paypal since Sept 19th....

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
donch

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 12:03:12 PM

I got a Paypal refund on the 16th September. BFL have just sent me a shipping email. Either the incompetence is astounding or there is some devious tactics afoot...

"How are you justifying these as fair use?  They are clearly and unequivocally a copyright violation."
"I really want to know how you justify that under the fair use doctrine?  It does not conform to a single point of fair use."
Josh whining about people reusing his studio portrait shot on this forum. Can you copyright a copyright complaint? All Paypal refunds are final.
lonestar108

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:02:12 PM

I got a Paypal refund on the 16th September. BFL have just sent me a shipping email. Either the incompetence is astounding or there is some devious tactics afoot...

I received my full refund from paypal using this method... and a day later BFL sent me a shipping email. And then my first BFL Single arrived 3 days later.  Hmmm... that was unexpected...
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:03:21 PM

I received my full refund from paypal using this method... and a day later BFL sent me a shipping email. And then my first BFL Single arrived 3 days later.  Hmmm... that was unexpected...

Good to see this is still happening, even though Josh denies it constantly.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:05:53 PM

Refuse the package if you dont want it. If you do sign for it, you will still pay.

And yeah, its likely no coincidence, but when did you guys place your orders? Does it fit with Jody's shipping list or where these also sent out of order?
Ridicuss

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:18:56 PM

What was your order date?

Man, I wish I could change my avatar!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 04:48:05 PM

Refuse the package if you dont want it. If you do sign for it, you will still pay.

And yeah, its likely no coincidence, but when did you guys place your orders? Does it fit with Jody's shipping list or where these also sent out of order?

How can there be such a disconnect from what Jody states, since she's head of shipping, and orders being shipped outta queue after a PayPal refund was issued?

http://www.butterflylabs.com/management-view/jody-drake-7/

As General Manager, Ms. Drake leads the Customer Service team, the Shipping Department, Human Resources and general office purchasing. She is also Secretary/Treasurer of the Corporation.

Prior to joining Butterfly Labs, Ms. Drake has run her own graphics design business, managed a commercial photography studio and supervised field teams for the US Census Bureau . She has also helped manage a hospital ward at Brooke General Hospital in the US Army.

There is no way that one of nine other people in a 14' X 30' (approximated) room is able to have so many refunded out-of-queue pre-orders shipped without the others, let alone the lead personal, know about it unless they were approved, but by whom? Prior to the assumed influx of PayPal reversals, such an act would've been unfathomable, yet here we are and after a systems upgrade which would've made this event even more unlikely.

Jody's daily blog outlining what was shipped reflects just that, and not what's been sent to the shipping department to be shipped. That said, then why are refunded out-of-queue pre-orders not represented in said blog posts?

If there's no oversight in the office, how does BFL know that somebody in shipping isn't bringing in their own shipping labels and attaching them to boxes prior to the carrier's arriving? The USPS isn't going to check if each and every box has some official BFL shipping label attached. Their only concern is that the postage was properly paid, along with the shipping vitals being actuate. The only way BFL would become aware of such an act is if too many orders assumably shipped turn up not delivered, too many to blame on USPS error.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:06:58 PM

Sounds like Phinnaeus has a relapse. Someone call 911
donch

Activity: 84

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:53:22 PM

Apologies for repost, from another thread, but this is relevant here also:

Oh, looks like Josh and BFL are deciding to play hardball with Paypal refunds. Background, I ordered a Single on 27th November 2012. I got sick of checking the BFL forum for news (of which there was never any good). I was impressed with the professionalism of KNC with my Jupiter order, so elected to seek a refund via Paypal, which I received within 6 hours on the 15th September.

This morning I received a shipping notification from BFL, to which I replied with this email:

Hi,

this order has already been refunded via Paypal. Not altogether sure why you are shipping it anyway. Is it a freebie?

Cheers,
Donovan.

Just now, I received this rather threatening email

Hello Donovan,

No, this isn't a freebie. We submitted the shipping and tracking information to PayPal. You can ask PayPal to reverse the refund.

Kind regards,

Brandon

So, it is true. They are outwardly trying to prevent you from getting refunds via Paypal. PM me if you need more information.

P.S. Josh hates it if you use this picture as a profile image. I know this for a fact. It's copyrighted.

"How are you justifying these as fair use?  They are clearly and unequivocally a copyright violation."
"I really want to know how you justify that under the fair use doctrine?  It does not conform to a single point of fair use."
Josh whining about people reusing his studio portrait shot on this forum. Can you copyright a copyright complaint? All Paypal refunds are final.
Zich
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 12:18:16 AM

After I got my Paypal refund I sent BFL email saying please don't send my orders to save themselves some shipping cost. Now both of the orders are On Hold instead of Processing. Send them email if you got refund to save yourself and them some headache in the future.

Still got 1 order paid with wire transfer, nothing can be done about that one. It's still Processing.

Thanks for the advise. So i send mail to BFL to update my order. Here the respond from BFL.
Code:

Hi Zich,

I have canceled your order. Thank you for following up and letting us know.

Best Wishes!

Abbey

BF Labs, Inc.

For Jody's Customer Service Blog, and more, please visit our new BFL Forums at <https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/>

androsyn

Activity: 88

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 12:52:29 AM

Thank you for your PM, obviously this is no help for me and others who payed by bank TX/ BTC .

What we really need here now is someone with a legal perspective on consumer rights within the US to provide advice and a way forward for those remaining.

There has to be someone in this forum with such a contact.  Even if they acted on a 10 % commission fee they could do well.  Shocked

@Josh  The game is almost up my friend  Wink RIP Butterfly Labs

I'd put some BTC into a common legal action
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 01:28:48 AM

Thank you for your PM, obviously this is no help for me and others who payed by bank TX/ BTC .

What we really need here now is someone with a legal perspective on consumer rights within the US to provide advice and a way forward for those remaining.

There has to be someone in this forum with such a contact.  Even if they acted on a 10 % commission fee they could do well.  Shocked

@Josh  The game is almost up my friend  Wink RIP Butterfly Labs

I'd put some BTC into a common legal action
There does not seem to be much appetite for this at the moment, Am hoping this will change when they miss the September deadline.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
lajz99 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 01:42:39 AM

Doesn't seem like we're receiving many refunds over the past couple days.  I'm gonna give it a couple more days then may initiate a new plan, but this will not be done before we can confirm PP has stopped responding.

Again, I need a good writer.  If you've got skillz hit me up.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 01:46:43 AM

Sounds like Phinnaeus has a relapse. Someone call 911
He's doing fine, I have him on eyeball drips full of truth.

He is dazed and confused at times, but he will snap out of it given enough drips of truth. (powerful stuff!)
BKM

Activity: 315

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 03:11:11 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2013, 03:41:16 AM by BKM

Ok - here is the new twist...... it is entirely possible that PayPal has run out of BFL funds to chargeback as they answered my request by saying I should call my credit card company.....

I attempted to do this two - three weeks ago and was denied a chargeback from Amex as the period was past their 90 day cut off...... One last hail mary was in order and - Holy. Fucking. Shit. they disputed the charges and have suspended 12 singles worth of March orders back to my account pending a fraud investigation.

Also, I confirmed explicitly with Amex that if BFL sent product as a response to the charge back that I would refuse the shipment and Amex agreed that in such a situation the chargeback would proceed - we are talking just shy of $17,000 spread over 4 orders

Thank you AMEX - I love you. Really, I do.

And thank you PayPal for telling me to call my credit card company again.

Onward and upward....

And, yes Josh. This monkey is dancing.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: