Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:50:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need a PayPal refund for your BFL purchase?  (Read 33988 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
androsyn

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 10:43:27 AM

Guys.. Go the legal route. File a complaint with the county consumer court.

Fill out the form here http://da.jocogov.org/sites/da.jocogov.org/files/CONSUMER%20COMPLAINT%20FORM.pdf

really we shall all do this, it is the straight way

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 02:12:14 PM

Pretty sure BFLs paypal account is exhausted of funds and refunds going forward will be difficult if not impossible.

But hey $350,000 is nothing to sneeze at.

zulunation

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 02:57:50 PM

donch I have the same problem. I have received refund but after 5 days BFL has shipped my order.
I have emailed about that but no response.
Currently I'm thinking what to do with this ALREADY useless device?
It will not pay off anyway.
Currently they are sold on ebay and people pay from 1500 to 2500 $ for it. Why?! Do they understand what they are buying?
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 03:03:13 PM

Yes.  Especially those that will mine with it for 30 days, then chargeback via PayPal claiming the device is "significantly not as described", and return it.  You, as the seller, are SOL...  Been here, done this.
donch

Activity: 84

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 03:21:17 PM

donch I have the same problem. I have received refund but after 5 days BFL has shipped my order.
I have emailed about that but no response.
Currently I'm thinking what to do with this ALREADY useless device?
It will not pay off anyway.
Currently they are sold on ebay and people pay from 1500 to 2500 $ for it. Why?! Do they understand what they are buying?

Find the equivalent legislation in your country. See if they are sending you "unsolicited goods" according to those laws. In the UK and US, you are entitled to keep unsolicited goods as long as you inform the supplier that they can collect them if they want. I spoke to a lawyer friend and he confirmed this after carefully reading the relevant acts.

Don't be intimidated by BFL, they're trying bully boy tactics now to extract every last drop of cash. The Paypal refunds obviously hurt. Paypal reassured me they would not, under any circumstances, reverse the refund.

"How are you justifying these as fair use?  They are clearly and unequivocally a copyright violation."
"I really want to know how you justify that under the fair use doctrine?  It does not conform to a single point of fair use."
Josh whining about people reusing his studio portrait shot on this forum. Can you copyright a copyright complaint? All Paypal refunds are final.
jpmi1

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 03:57:09 PM

Just received this email from excutiveoffice@paypal.com Any help or suggestions?

Dear Bob Marley,

Thank you for contacting PayPal’s Office of Executive Escalations.  Your concerns were forwarded to our office for review and response.

Thank you for reaching out to PayPal for assistance regarding your transaction with BF Labs Inc.

As a result of your escalation, PayPal has opened a claim on your behalf.  After a thorough review of your claim, we have determined we cannot continue with this investigation because your complaint was filed 45 or more days after the original transaction date.  

In order to prevent a similar issue in the future, you are able to learn more about how we investigate transaction problems by clicking “Legal Agreements” at the bottom of any PayPal page, then click “PayPal User Agreement.”

You can find additional information and tips about buying and selling safely on our Business Resource Center at https://www.paypal-businesscenter.com/manage-your-business.

You are valued customer and we are sorry we were not able to meet your needs.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation regarding this matter.

Sincerely,
PayPal

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯ RELAUNCH First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_yin
XPM:AeuQPMAGRLyWbWkVgAtE4JcfSyGHATUkmG
DTC:D9mwyQo9xPAPWCtKYhthnX2uSPivcjKyLN
donch

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 04:09:38 PM

Just received this email from excutiveoffice@paypal.com Any help or suggestions?

Dear Bob Marley,

Thank you for contacting PayPal’s Office of Executive Escalations.  Your concerns were forwarded to our office for review and response.

Thank you for reaching out to PayPal for assistance regarding your transaction with BF Labs Inc.

As a result of your escalation, PayPal has opened a claim on your behalf.  After a thorough review of your claim, we have determined we cannot continue with this investigation because your complaint was filed 45 or more days after the original transaction date.  

In order to prevent a similar issue in the future, you are able to learn more about how we investigate transaction problems by clicking “Legal Agreements” at the bottom of any PayPal page, then click “PayPal User Agreement.”

You can find additional information and tips about buying and selling safely on our Business Resource Center at https://www.paypal-businesscenter.com/manage-your-business.

Sincerely,
PayPal

Ouch, they have changed their tune. Sorry you didn't get in quick enough. My transaction occurred on 27th November 2012. This is what I was told.

Thank you for reaching out to PayPal with your concerns regarding the transaction you completed to Butterfly Labs. We take situations like this very seriously. We are pleased to inform you we have been in direct communication with Butterfly Labs and your payment has been refunded.

If your original payment was funded with a credit card, the refund will be returned to your credit card.  If you funded the payment via your bank account or PayPal balance, the funds will be returned to your PayPal balance.

Thank you for being a valued customer!

Sincerely,
PayPal

"How are you justifying these as fair use?  They are clearly and unequivocally a copyright violation."
"I really want to know how you justify that under the fair use doctrine?  It does not conform to a single point of fair use."
Josh whining about people reusing his studio portrait shot on this forum. Can you copyright a copyright complaint? All Paypal refunds are final.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 04:21:14 PM

Yes.  Especially those that will mine with it for 30 days, then chargeback via PayPal claiming the device is "significantly not as described", and return it.  You, as the seller, are SOL...  Been here, done this.
Bingo, it is a PayPal screw-athon.
curtiskam

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 04:50:44 PM

Rejected:

Thank you for reaching out to PayPal for assistance regarding your transaction with Butterfly Labs. 

As a result of your escalation, PayPal has opened a claim on your behalf.  After a thorough review of your claim, we have determined we cannot continue with this investigation because your complaint was filed 45 or more days after the original transaction date.   

Sincerely,
PayPal
lajz99 (OP)

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 04:51:05 PM

Still thinking about how to proceed...with BFL not doing business with PayPal anymore I'm not sure what more there is that can be done besides going the legal route...

It sounds like a lot of people are no longer receiving responses, unfortunately there's not much I can do about that.  Let's wait another day or so and see what happens.

That guy on reddit probably broke it with his greed (and love of beer).  He even got his own website listing down everything except the email address.

Yes, and that's likely the person who posted the link to that reddit post in this thread near the top.

To those of you who have been rejected, I wish that wasn't the case, unfortunately I have no additional advice at this point.

Xwolf

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 05:56:18 PM

Another almost completed Refund for 1 Jalapeno here!

There was a mix up with the 2 PayPal transactions.

1) $308 - initial purchase is now a refund pending in my account.
2) $100 - Jalapeno upgrade transaction, refund not pending in my account.

Many thanks for your help with those contacts!

Cheers,
renaxi

Activity: 113

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 06:44:52 PM

I have just got my order canceled aswell! Smiley

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 10:28:12 PM

Rejected:

Thank you for reaching out to PayPal for assistance regarding your transaction with Butterfly Labs. 

As a result of your escalation, PayPal has opened a claim on your behalf.  After a thorough review of your claim, we have determined we cannot continue with this investigation because your complaint was filed 45 or more days after the original transaction date.   

Sincerely,
PayPal

yep got the same letter today..the only thing I can add to this is that 1) according to the paypal rep previous on the phone I talked to a couple nights ago...Paypal has gotten a "crapload" his words believe it or not of complaints about BFL in the last few weeks and 2) the only recourse with bank xfer is is to contact your bank (which in my case says it is a paypal problem)...so stuck....at the current rate of production at BFL looks like I'd get my april orders of 5 7gh jallies and 30gh around nov/dec I fully expect BFL to simply ship jallies up to the april 1st date and not ship any product beyond the price change until all products (with the possible exception of mini-rigs) are shipped up to that point...then address the stuff after the price point....thus continuing there trickle of products with the least amount of manufacturing expense in pre-ordering stuff and in keeping employment costs down ..ie we're screwed they will send it when they dang well want to....imho...anyway live and learn....on a side note I have 600gh of KNC coming supposedly with "significant increase" in hash..so if they can up the hash 11% and deliver by oct 15th my july 1st order as claimed..then that is 65gh and I can "kinda" call it a wash....either that or upgrade to a monarch via slavix on bfl forums for$850 to a monarch....(unlikely)...anyway....hopefully others who have ordered from knc may get some of this back it least in the denial of your own mind (hey grasping at straws here) imho quite frankly was just way way to much paypal cash paid out to bfl for paypal to deal with ..if they refunded everyone that got screwed from BFL it would probably put BFL under and I'm sure BFL gave them the old "in 2 weeks line....promise" live and learn I guess Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
dragonkid

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 10:33:12 PM

I've sent a request to PayPal two days ago.  So far, I don't see any funds being reimbursed back into my account.

I have been chasing PayPal for 2 weeks.  Embarrassed

Xwolf

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 11:23:16 PM

I had a similar response from PayPal:
Thank you for contacting PayPal regarding your transactions with Butterfly Labs. Your concerns were forwarded to PayPal’s Office of Executive Escalations for review and response.

After a thorough review of your claims, we have determined we cannot continue with these investigations because your complaints were filed 45 or more days after the original transaction dates.

The merchant has initiated a refund of Transaction <redacted personal info>. This refund is currently pending; PayPal will update you via email of any changes in the status of this refund.

Sincerely,
PayPal

So either:
A) my request filed simultaneously to BFL was put in motion.
B) PayPal contacted BFL and they initiated the refund.

I suspect B is the case since they have only issues a refund for the initial order totaling $308, not the Upgrade Order, yet.
lajz99 (OP)

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 12:02:02 AM

Update:

I added the email addresses to the main post, at this point I don't think it's worth trying to keep it private since so few people are receiving responses/refunds...

If anyone has any questions feel free to hit me up, however, I will not reply to messages asking what can be done when you don't receive a response.  I simply don't know and I'm not sure I have the time to find another avenue especially since BFL no longer does business via PayPal.

I'm glad so many people have been able to obtain a refund, however, this was very time consuming for me and I don't have an hour+ every day to continue to respond to messages when I could be working or trading.  Best of luck to everyone!

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 03:13:52 AM

"Should you have a PayPal problem that needs decision making authority, these are the persons you can contact directly. Each one of these persons has the power to review your account, unlimit your account or arrange for your money to be returned to you.

PayPal Office of Executive Escalations:

1-402-935-2269 (Michelle, Executive Escalations)

1-402-935-2116 (Elizabeth Morey, Supervisor, Executive Escalations)

1-402-935-2172 (Adam Braasch, Senior Agent)

1-402-935-2268 (Beth Beutler, Senior Agent)

1-402-935-2174 (Jackie Hart, Senior Agent)

1-402-952-8951 (Michael Lazure, Senior Agent)

1-402-935-5073 (Stephanie Mikovec, Senior Agent)

1-402-935-2331 (Tara Stevens, Senior Agent)"
BKM

Activity: 315

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 06:40:29 AM

Update:

I added the email addresses to the main post, at this point I don't think it's worth trying to keep it private since so few people are receiving responses/refunds...

If anyone has any questions feel free to hit me up, however, I will not reply to messages asking what can be done when you don't receive a response.  I simply don't know and I'm not sure I have the time to find another avenue especially since BFL no longer does business via PayPal.

I'm glad so many people have been able to obtain a refund, however, this was very time consuming for me and I don't have an hour+ every day to continue to respond to messages when I could be working or trading.  Best of luck to everyone!

J

And remember, always fund your future PayPal purchases with a credit card
Groc

Activity: 560

Bounty manager (https://t.me/Gudwinn)

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 08:06:32 PM

After I got my Paypal refund I sent BFL email saying please don't send my orders to save themselves some shipping cost. Now both of the orders are On Hold instead of Processing. Send them email if you got refund to save yourself and them some headache in the future.

Still got 1 order paid with wire transfer, nothing can be done about that one. It's still Processing.

What email did you send it to or did you use the contact us page (https://products.butterflylabs.com/contacts/)?

What do you say, "paypal/visa refunded my purchases, please don't send the item", a one liner?

Thanks
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 08:12:25 PM

I received a refund.  If BFL is so inept that they can't track such things, and if they send me unsolicited merchandise in the future, I'll sell the stuff on eBay, and wish them good luck with trying to sue me for payment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: