Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:28:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need a PayPal refund for your BFL purchase?  (Read 33988 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Giddeon

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 01:37:14 PM

I sent my e-mail on 09/19/2013 and just got the same response as below on 09/26/2013.  I guess the magic e-mail addresses aren't working anymore.  heh..

Chad

This is me hopping on the failboat

Subject: Your PayPal Account ? Case(s) PP-x, PP-x (x) :ppNA

Dear Mr. [ x ],

Thank you for reaching out to PayPal for assistance regarding your dispute with Butterfly Labs.

After a thorough review of your claim, we have determined we cannot continue with this investigation because your complaint was filed 45 or more days after the original transaction date.

In order to prevent a similar issue in the future, you are able to learn more about how we investigate transaction problems by clicking “Legal Agreements” at the bottom of any PayPal page, then click “PayPal User Agreement.”

You can find additional information and tips about buying and selling safely on our Business Resource Center at https://www.paypal-businesscenter.com/manage-your-business.

You are valued customer and we are sorry we were not able to meet your needs.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation regarding this matter.

Sincerely,
PayPal

I had initially sent them a modified version of that formletter that appears on bflrefund.me
My real fuckup was probably when I waited to hear back from BFL regarding my refund request before raising it with PayPal (I didn't want to be lying when I said they denied a refund, even though I knew they would... didn't think I'd get rejected from PP though)

My PayPal order was paid for with a bank transfer (ACH I'm assuming) should I get in contact with my bank?  I'm thinking of contacting PP again asking why they've changed their minds today.

Same here. Same BS letter.
+1 (same "letter")

Same here. I used the letter on the bflrefund.me site and edited the specifics. I sent it after receiving the standard 'no you aren't having any of your money back' email from BFL after a refund request. I ordered a Jally in January and upgraded to a little single on February 7th. I included both transaction IDs and both Paypal dispute numbers. I emailed david.marcus@paypal.com. Should I email someone else? I emailed bflrefund.me for the list of people to send emails to and haven't had a response yet so I just went with that name that I saw on here.

Any ideas?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Razorr

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 07:51:49 PM

I just submitted a refund request to Dave. Shocked

We should start a new thread, What will BFL do with all their junk jalapenos?
Gonzi

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 09:47:59 PM

LULZ, I've canceled/refunded it while back, yet right now, I've gotten a mail about package on the way. So (because I am such a nice guy) I've written them that that order is no longer in place and I was actually optioned to pay it again, via bitpay (I still cancelled it though).
a) They don't have info from paypal
b) They are fishing and hoping that someone will reorder it with immediate shipment.
---
It is sad that all of this wouldn't have happened if they would deliver "on time".
lajz99 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 09:52:46 PM

LULZ, I've canceled/refunded it while back, yet right now, I've gotten a mail about package on the way. So (because I am such a nice guy) I've written them that that order is no longer in place and I was actually optioned to pay it again, via bitpay (I still cancelled it though).
b) They are fishing and hoping that someone will reorder it with immediate shipment.
---
It is sad that all of this wouldn't have happened if they would deliver "on time".

What was your order date?

Gonzi

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 10:50:30 PM

---

What was your order date?
beginning of february
Ashitank

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 05:04:15 AM

Lajz99 , I managed to get refund following your previous thread which got locked , but wanted to thank you for saving a lot of folks from BFL (BLACK FUCKIN HOLE).

Tip Smiley  TX_id : d34660d4ad55fffb87b4eb658708f0de8f874ebc43253129d89999500d13886c
lajz99 (OP)

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 05:12:44 AM

Lajz99 , I managed to get refund following your previous thread which got locked , but wanted to thank you for saving a lot of folks from BFL (BLACK FUCKIN HOLE).

Tip Smiley  TX_id : d34660d4ad55fffb87b4eb658708f0de8f874ebc43253129d89999500d13886c

Thank you, glad to hear it worked out for you!

BTCscraper

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 06:22:10 AM

Ashitank: that means it's still working?

Butterfly Labs has a different interpretation of the FTC Mail Order Rule.  You do not have a refund option with the BFL Monarch no matter how late they ship.
"... In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." -- Albert Einstein
"Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get." -- Ray Kroc
crescendo

Activity: 29

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 06:23:23 AM

I think it is good for me for this time.
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 07:08:32 AM

The following Paypal email addresses are bouncing.

escalations@paypal.com
complaints@paypal.com
appeal@paypal.com
appeals@paypal.com
moldenburg@paypal.com
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 08:22:03 AM

Thanks for the update.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 08:37:20 AM

I sent an email to Paypal on Sept 19th (too late I guess) and got the same canned response of being past 45 days.

I have over $5k pending with BFL and will never even get close to paying off the initial purchase price so I contacted my credit card company (Chase Ink Business card) and they said timeframe doesn't matter as long as I can document BFL's change in terms.  Does anybody have a link to the page (or maybe a screenshot) where they showed the estimated ship date for orders placed around March.  I think at that time the lead-out was guessing 2-3 months.  It's approaching 7 months now so if I can produce proof they failed to deliver and show they changed their refund policy my CC should follow through.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 08:59:48 AM

http://bflupdate.info/2013/05/clear-confirmation-message/#jp-carousel-270

Did you agree to something? I sure don't see anything to agree to, did you?

I am just gonna leave this here, so that people can use it to point out that many agreed to...probably nothing.
Subw

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 03:29:30 PM

Does anybody have a link to the page (or maybe a screenshot) where they showed the estimated ship date for orders placed around March.
Try this http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.butterflylabs.com
curtiskam

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:09:58 AM

I got some strange correspondence from PayPal today. 

"We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your favor."

"We were able to recover $100.00 USD and this amount has been credited to you.  Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted."

"If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to recover the balance from the seller."

"If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account privileges."

An additional claim for the original $163 Jalapeno order also appeared in my PayPal account today.  Nothing has hit my credit card yet, and I'm a little worried that last line might mean there isn't any money to refund to me.  We'll see how it goes.
Moth436

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:38:44 AM

Was this from emailing the two addresses posted by OP?  Or did you get through to someone else to make this happen?
Ashitank

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:46:51 AM

Was this from emailing the two addresses posted by OP?  Or did you get through to someone else to make this happen?

Yes write a e-mail to the 2 address posted in OP.

Try below e-mail template , some made it here & I used it to get refund within 12 hours of writing to paypal.

Hi,

I used PayPal to place a pre-order with Butterfly Labs on xx/xx/xx for $xxx.00.

This order has still not been filled. 

I politely requested a refund on xx/xx/xx and was declined on xx/xx/xx.

I filed Dispute xxxxxxxxxxx.  This dispute was closed for being outside the 45-day window.

The seller has violated your terms of service which clearly state that the seller "Guarantees shipment within 20 days from the date of purchase".

The seller is continuing to accept pre-orders for a product that they can not ship within any reasonable amount of time. In fact, they do not even pretend to be honoring your 20-day limit.

I have been a PayPal customer for past few years.  While I realize that this payment is beyond the 45-day limit, I believe PayPal should honor my request for a refund as the seller is still using PayPal to receive pre-order payments in a manner that clearly violates your terms of service. 

Many people may be harmed financially by this seller if PayPal doesn't step in.

Regards,
xxxxxxxx
chadtn

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 07:23:27 AM

For some reason Paypal sent me another message today repeating the exact same thing as the last one.  That they couldn't help me because it had been more than 45 days.

Chad

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
androsyn

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 09:08:24 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2013, 10:34:17 AM by androsyn

Contact someone @ phishing@commercebank.com.

Ask them about how to report (what you suspect is fraud) at commerce bank.

1) Tell them you paid for an item 1 (or more) months ago and you have not received the item you paid for.

2) Tell them you paid with a wire transfer (for those who paid with a wire transfer only) and that BFL has not sent you the miner you paid for within a [very] reasonable period of time.

3) Add notes about your transaction ID, dates, amounts sent, purpose for contacting them about your wire transfer. Let them know you have already contacted BFL and they have refused offering a refund for their poor business practice.

4) Let them know about the PayPal merchant account situation and that it was one of the Payment Processors that shut them down for ....well I don't know the official reason...

5) Let them know of the sheer number of complaints at the Kansas AG (Attorney General), the Local Police Department and District Attorney has on file.

Report back and let the community know if they give you an email or phone number which is not listed.

thank you so much, I forgot about calling BFL bank..Contacted today! Will let you know soon
curtiskam

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 04:27:06 PM

I got some strange correspondence from PayPal today. 

"We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your favor."

"We were able to recover $100.00 USD and this amount has been credited to you.  Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted."

"If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to recover the balance from the seller."

"If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account privileges."

An additional claim for the original $163 Jalapeno order also appeared in my PayPal account today.  Nothing has hit my credit card yet, and I'm a little worried that last line might mean there isn't any money to refund to me.  We'll see how it goes.

This happened after I originally sent to the e-mail addresses and PayPal opened a claim giving BFL 10 days to respond.  After 11 days, they were still waiting and I e-mailed them again, mentioning that no response was BFLs method of customer service, and that I'd hope PayPal would reconsider my other claim that had been rejected by the 45 day rule, as BFL beat be out of that money too.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: