Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:18:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: <<< Gee Unlimited>>>  (Read 2198 times)
Rival (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 08:10:15 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2013, 09:44:22 AM by Rival

Introducing Gee Unlimited!

Gee Unlimited has spent considerable private funds, time and research in the creation of a new company. Our first project, Satoshisquared.com has moved from beta and is now ready for primetime. The focus of this company is to find new and innovative income generating opportunities within the bitcoin space.

SatoshiSquared.com embodies the spirit of innovation that we expect will dominate our portfolio. The chaingame space, while iinitally interesting, provided no value to players other than the expectation that another player would repurchase their bitcoin "gem". SatoshiSquared.com provides a proven advertising benefit to all players, both individual and business alike by providing both text and hyperlinks. The advertising alone is worth the purchase of a square, with the added bonus of 190% payouts for every square repurchased making it almost irresistible. It has become immensely popular with advertisers as well as with players, providing an easy and fun experience with off-the-block-chain action as a standard. Beta testing provided us with over 100 verified accounts in the first month alone.

Site Income

Each time a square is sold, the house makes 10%. Once a square has expired, the cost of the square resets to 0.000001 btc with the house collecting the difference.

Investor Profit

Share dividends are equal to 90% of monthly profit. Gee Unlimited will not ask investors to shoulder the burden of expanding or developing other projects. The dividends received by the founder shares will be used for expansion and development of this project and future projects. We are looking to expand, not to fill our pockets with investment money. Our only expected profit is in the increased value of the founder shares. The remaining 10% will be utilized to pay operating expenses. Nothing is free, unfortunately.

IPO Details

Total market value: 500 BTC
Each share is valued at 0.001 BTC, in total there are 500,000 shares
This IPO is the sale of 50% of total equity: 250,000 shares, for 250 BTC.
Minimum purchase block is 1 BTC or 1000 shares.

There will not be any other shares issued. None. Ever. Period.

The founder shares will be locked as follows:

On January 1st 2014 up to 10% of founder shares may be sold.
On July 1st 2014 up to an additional 10% of founder shares may be sold.
On January 1st 2015 all shares are unlocked.

Exchanges

This IPO will not be performed on any of the generally accepted exchanges for a variety of reasons, the least of which is ensuring there are no debacles as we have seen previously. Gee unlimited looks forward to players in the exchange space creating passthrough securities once the IPO has completed.

IPO date

Gee Unlimited will begin accepting share purchases on Noon, EST, October 1st 2013. All purchases will be accepted through PM only, and issued in order of forum timestamp.

Shareholder records

A full list of shareholders and the number of shares of each will be maintained by Gee Unlimited for distributing dividends. These dividends will be paid the first day of every month. Anyone requiring a verification of shares or a transfer of shares should contact us here through PM.

Board of Directors

There is currently no policy in place for a board of directors. Once the IPO has been completed, It is expected that consultations with major shareholders will yield a workable policy wherein a board is elected.

Financials

Yes, everyone wants to see profit statements. As investors in other securities, we do too. However, we respectfully decline to do so, as it would be imprudent to do so at this time. Unfortunately, we feel it is important to be less than transparent  for a variety of reasons. Once the IPO has completed we expect to provide detailed public monthly reports.

Why?

Why should I get involved in this? There are any number of reasons, and probably an equal number of reasons not to. Gee Unlimited is not promising something that does not exist. Satoshisquared.com already exists and is generating income. We start from here and move forward.

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rival (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 08:10:29 AM

<reserved>
Rival (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 08:24:24 AM

I do not exactly understand why you do need to raise funds.

We are aware of nearly a dozen other opportunities for income-generating systems that require extensive investment to bring to market. They will never exist if they are not funded.
Rival (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 08:42:13 AM

Will those opportunities be new sources of profits for investors, or will the profits only come from satoshisquared?

Sorry for asking the dumb questions but it isn't quite clear to me. Wink

Gee Unlimited is an "umbrella" for multiple income streams. SatoshiSquared.com is the first of what is expected to be many. In addition to development we also expect the acquisition of additional existing income streams, although development of new and innovative systems remains our focus. It is germane to note that we are based in the US, and must comply with all US regulations. This will out of necessity require that we do not invest in pure "gambling" websites as they are prohibited under current statutes.
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 02:51:20 AM

Rival, you've seemed to be a well-informed and level-headed investor in the AM thread, if I remember correctly. However, this IPO leaves something to be desired.

The main two issues I have with investing here are 1) lack of financials (how do we know your one venture is even profitable) and 2) lack of any provided actionable investment opportunities.

500BTC is a lot to ask for without any past financial records or vision of what you'd like to do with the coin.
Vycid

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 02:54:01 AM

I do not exactly understand why you do need to raise funds.

We are aware of nearly a dozen other opportunities for income-generating systems that require extensive investment to bring to market. They will never exist if they are not funded.

That's not how it works. You propose THOSE investment opportunities, then raise funds for them. You don't raise funds on a company that doesn't need funding so that you might distribute those funds however you deem appropriate.

Will those opportunities be new sources of profits for investors, or will the profits only come from satoshisquared?

Sorry for asking the dumb questions but it isn't quite clear to me. Wink

Gee Unlimited is an "umbrella" for multiple income streams. SatoshiSquared.com is the first of what is expected to be many. In addition to development we also expect the acquisition of additional existing income streams, although development of new and innovative systems remains our focus. It is germane to note that we are based in the US, and must comply with all US regulations. This will out of necessity require that we do not invest in pure "gambling" websites as they are prohibited under current statutes.

With respect, we call that a "slush fund", not an "umbrella".

I'm sure the community will be interested in your opportunities if you give them their own IPOs.

Rival (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 12:29:53 PM

It is understandable that some might consider the umbrella as a "slush fund". It is also understandable that one might consider a single offering for each project. That said:

While it is expected that every project produces a profit, that amount will likely not justify a share offering. Not every project is Satoshidice that rakes in millions on it's own. There are many smaller projects with great potential for good profitability that are failing to reach their potential. What Gee Unlimited does is develop them. The value comes from multiple smaller income streams. General Electric makes much more than microwaves. A single product (or website) makes a company vulnerable to disaster. We wish to avoid that trap by increasing the range and variety of income streams by actively purchasing and developing them. This is not an unusual business model outside of the bitcoin realm.

There is an old adage that says that the easiest way to make a million dollars is to figure out how to make a dollar and do it a million times. Satoshidice comes along once in a lifetime, and makes a million itself. But hundreds of good ideas that add up to satoshidice go undeveloped or underdeveloped every single day. Lets develop them.

None of the IPO funds will be spent until a board is seated, and none of it will be spent without the approval of that board. This should have been made clear earlier.

twentyseventy
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 06:56:55 PM

There is an old adage that says that the easiest way to make a million dollars is to figure out how to make a dollar and do it a million times. Satoshidice comes along once in a lifetime, and makes a million itself. But hundreds of good ideas that add up to satoshidice go undeveloped or underdeveloped every single day. Lets develop them.

How many projects would you say that you have ideas or plans for?

Rival (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 12:30:52 PM

How many projects would you say that you have ideas or plans for?

Two good solid ones for development, four others under consideration, and two possible acquisitions. All subject to approval by the board of course.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:38:26 PM

Satoshidice comes along once in a lifetime, and makes a million itself. But hundreds of good ideas that add up to satoshidice go undeveloped or underdeveloped every single day.

How do you figure a bunch of ideas incapable of making it on their own "add up" to something valuable? When was the last time you ate a bowl of chilled, ground-up pebbles for want of ice cream?

As for the lack of anything like a business plan, it's a shame that your time has been spent verifying the broken notion that begging is having a "company". Have a read, abrasive as it may seem. Your effort to present both sides of the coin is noted, but is ultimately worth nothing in a space already awash in utter crap "investments".

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Rival (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:29:25 PM

How do you figure a bunch of ideas incapable of making it on their own "add up" to something valuable? When was the last time you ate a bowl of chilled, ground-up pebbles for want of ice cream?

Each one is expected to be profitable, but not at the level that would support a stock offering on it's own merits. Few would consider several profitable products from one company as a poor strategy, and suggest that they split each product into a separate company. I am not certain why anyone would advocate such a course of action. Should Amazon split itself into a million companies, one each for every title it sells?
twentyseventy
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 06:22:08 PM

Are any shares sold so far? How much do you need for the IPO to be successful?
Rival (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 06:56:22 PM

IPO date

Gee Unlimited will begin accepting share purchases on Noon, EST, October 1st 2013. All purchases will be accepted through PM only, and issued in order of forum timestamp.

We have received offers to purchase shares prior to the IPO but have elected to not respond to them. Reserved offers will be taken first-come-first served beginning at the time listed above. If 50% of the offered shares are reserved in the first week, the IPO will be considered a success and payment addresses will be sent to all reserved parties. The remaining shares and those shares for which no payment is forthcoming will still be available for purchase on a first-come first-served basis until they are exhausted.

During the initial week we will post a daily tally of shares reserved, and from then on a daily tally of shares left, assuming there are any left.

All bitcoins from all share purchases will be placed into a single wallet, and that address will be posted for blockchain verification that the funds have not moved unless approved by board members. This will not be a dividend payment address, but rather an equity address for shareholders to monitor and verify legitimacy of funds. This address will also be the destination for all founder dividends for reinvestment. After 1 month (November 1st 2013) dissolution will be put to shareholders for a vote, with the founders shares not voting on this issue. If a simple majority of shares outstanding votes to dissolve, all shares will be refunded. From this point forward, no shares can be refunded. Once this vote is completed, a board will be selected by the shareholders.
Rival (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:02:45 PM

So that's pretty much investing in you; you making the right decisions for the fund.

Do you have any prior work?

That is not strictly true. There will be a board of major shareholders, and they MUST approve all investments. The founders are not dictators by any stretch. This is a plan for a company, not a personal empire. We welcome anyone who feels they have the experience to help guide this endeavor to become involved enough to be seated on the board.

The pilot website SatoshiSquared.com was designed specifically as proof of capability of delivery of products. I suppose one could consider this prior work.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:23:51 PM

Each one is expected to be profitable, but not at the level that would support a stock offering on it's own merits. Few would consider several profitable products from one company as a poor strategy, and suggest that they split each product into a separate company.

Sure, but your suggestion, at least as I understood it, was that several small ideas could somehow be equatable with one big, grand idea, and that this was the basis for your entire effort. Such an equation doesn't work, and before you can argue that they'd be similar in terms of value to shareholders or whatever, you need to listen to what other people here are telling you, and particularly to resolve this:

As for the lack of anything like a business plan, it's a shame that your time has been spent verifying the broken notion that begging is having a "company". Have a read, abrasive as it may seem. Your effort to present both sides of the coin is noted, but is ultimately worth nothing in a space already awash in utter crap "investments".

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Axios
Donator

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

Axios Foundation

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 08:05:45 PM

What does http://satoshisquared.com/ provide? Eh just referrals?

Rival (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 08:09:24 PM

Each one is expected to be profitable, but not at the level that would support a stock offering on it's own merits. Few would consider several profitable products from one company as a poor strategy, and suggest that they split each product into a separate company.

Sure, but your suggestion, at least as I understood it, was that several small ideas could somehow be equatable with one big, grand idea, and that this was the basis for your entire effort. Such an equation doesn't work, and before you can argue that they'd be similar in terms of value to shareholders or whatever, you need to listen to what other people here are telling you, and particularly to resolve this:

Actually, I read that very post quite some time ago. I did find it somewhat helpful, although I felt it could use a little polish to smooth out the sharp edges. I guess different people have differing styles, and there is certainly nothing wrong with that. I initially let slide your suggestion that this offering was more akin to begging than a business since it appeared an off-the-cuff remark. But since you insist on supporting that viewpoint, I would like to point out that no external investment (or begging in your parlance) was required for the initial product. The founders bore the full development and implementation costs. The founders put their own money on the line and did not expect someone else to finance their vaporware, unlike most other groups with big ideas and no capital of their own.

This offering is an opportunity for investors to become part owners in a group of projects, one of which is already completed. They can look at the first one, and decide whether our style and our competency is something they want to be a part of. If they do not, that is fine. If this IPO fails, then the community has spoken and we will continue to produce and develop additional projects on our own, albiet at a much slower pace. Gee Unlimited will succeed with or without additional investment because it is already profitable. Whether others profit from it is up to each of them.
Vycid

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 09:50:28 PM

They can look at the first one, and decide whether our style and our competency is something they want to be a part of. If they do not, that is fine. If this IPO fails, then the community has spoken and we will continue to produce and develop additional projects on our own, albiet at a much slower pace. Gee Unlimited will succeed with or without additional investment because it is already profitable. Whether others profit from it is up to each of them.

As someone who has actually written and pitched real-world business plans to VCs, experience has taught me that you are striking entirely the wrong tone here.

First off, declaring that your business "will be" successful demonstrates a massive lack of ability to comprehend risk. Nobody asking for VC money can say that. Nobody. Saying that to real VCs would get you laughed out of the room.

Second, you MUST take the suggestions of potential investors seriously.  You ARE begging, don't think yourself morally superior because you use a fancy term like "IPO". If potential investors make a suggestion about what would make them more interested, you'd damn well better listen. What you have done - essentially telling your potential benefactors to go fuck themselves - provides a clear insight as to how you would behave if they actually become investors.

Rival (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 11:40:10 PM

They can look at the first one, and decide whether our style and our competency is something they want to be a part of. If they do not, that is fine. If this IPO fails, then the community has spoken and we will continue to produce and develop additional projects on our own, albiet at a much slower pace. Gee Unlimited will succeed with or without additional investment because it is already profitable. Whether others profit from it is up to each of them.

As someone who has actually written and pitched real-world business plans to VCs, experience has taught me that you are striking entirely the wrong tone here.

First off, declaring that your business "will be" successful demonstrates a massive lack of ability to comprehend risk. Nobody asking for VC money can say that. Nobody. Saying that to real VCs would get you laughed out of the room.

Second, you MUST take the suggestions of potential investors seriously.  You ARE begging, don't think yourself morally superior because you use a fancy term like "IPO". If potential investors make a suggestion about what would make them more interested, you'd damn well better listen. What you have done - essentially telling your potential benefactors to go fuck themselves - provides a clear insight as to how you would behave if they actually become investors.

I certainly do regret that some people may be put off by my tone. And it is certainly possible that there is a potential to lose investment because of it. That said, I feel it best to speak honestly and not sugar coat things. As with any solicitation of VC funds, you need to know who you are investing with. It is actually my hope that potential investors will gain a clear insight as to how I would behave. That is, addressing all questions and concerns as honestly as possible. I will not "blow smoke up peoples butts" to get investors, and I have little respect for those who do because I consider it dishonest.

To your first point, I must disagree. To declare that a business that does not yet exist "will be" successful would certainly be folly. But to simply state that an existing business is currently successful and should continue to be so in the future is entirely reasonable. I invest in profitable and successful businesses on a daily basis. So do most other investors. When they are clearly profitable and successful, I see no reason for them to be ashamed of saying so. The issue of risk exists in every venture everywhere. While it is my opinion that Gee Unlimited will be successful well into the future, any number of disasters are possible. There is always inherent risk. I was not trying to imply that there was not, although it could have been interpreted that way. If a business needs more operating capital to expand, it is often a good sign. If they need it to stay alive, it is usually not.

To your second point, I most certainly do take suggestions seriously. I agree where appropriate, and discuss or reply with alternative positions when required. I answer questions as plainly and concisely as I can. I would never suggest that I have some sort of moral superiority over potential investors, nor have I ever told them to hit the road. It is a simple fact that not every investment suits everyone's portfolios. I do not feel it is inappropriate to simply state that all investments are welcomed, and that if there are investors for whom Gee Unlimited is not a good fit, then that is okay as well, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. No company can be everything to everyone and still be honest. Disagreement does not mean a deaf ear has been turned or concerns ignored. It just means a difference of opinion, which I always welcome so that points can be discussed and the best solutions determined. This reply should stand as a typical example. Your concerns were obviously read, considered, and addressed. They may not be the answers you would have preferred to have gotten, but they are honest ones.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 12:34:00 PM

Actually, I read that very post quite some time ago. I did find it somewhat helpful, although I felt it could use a little polish to smooth out the sharp edges.

If you wish to bring an argument, bring an argument. Vaguely disagreeing with unnamed points achieves nothing other than making it look like indeed, you did not read (and by read I mean process and understand the words individually and as a whole, not mindlessly scan) the thing.

I guess different people have differing styles, and there is certainly nothing wrong with that.

Again, it'd appear you haven't in fact read. This isn't about "styles". This is about sense, about crafting something of value. And no, it's not okay to eschew the proper methods of crafting something, and to slap some mud on a stick with a shiny label and present it to thinking people as something of value. There is absolutely something wrong with that.

I initially let slide your suggestion that this offering was more akin to begging than a business since it appeared an off-the-cuff remark. But since you insist on supporting that viewpoint, I would like to point out that no external investment (or begging in your parlance) was required for the initial product. The founders bore the full development and implementation costs. The founders put their own money on the line and did not expect someone else to finance their vaporware, unlike most other groups with big ideas and no capital of their own.

Dude, no amount of posturing and weasel wording is going to get you out of the fact that you are soliciting money from people for something without a business plan, without any names or reputations that can be researched, without detailed product ideas, and without a structure even remotely resembling a real IPO (all of these are required). Yes, I know that plenty of asshats on these forums have attempted the same. That doesn't at all change what it is, which again, is begging. That's not a suggestion.

This offering is an opportunity for investors to become part owners in a group of projects, one of which is already completed. They can look at the first one, and decide whether our style and our competency is something they want to be a part of. If they do not, that is fine. If this IPO fails, then the community has spoken and we will continue to produce and develop additional projects on our own, albiet at a much slower pace. Gee Unlimited will succeed with or without additional investment because it is already profitable. Whether others profit from it is up to each of them.

When you make such assertions without the goods to even remotely back them up there is no reason to believe you're after anything but swindling the occasional newb or errant idiot. And no, those errant idiots don't comprise "the community", and no, swindling them doesn't mean anything has been a success, other than yet another point of shame for Bitcoin. Is that what you want to be a part of?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: