Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:31:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good posts not rewarded with merits  (Read 821 times)
vlad230 (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:37:37 PM

Do you think my posts deserve any merits? How can I improve?
I'm not personally going to go through your posts, but I can say that the merit-giving might be a little lopsided, being given out in sections that aren't infested with shitposters (like economics and bitcoin discussion).  I dont think anyone reads posts in those sections.  I think I've given most of my merits out in meta or reputation, and those sections are ones that noobs only here to earn money tend to avoid.  But I'm giving merit and I've seen a lot of users giving it out as well. 

This isn't supposed to be quick and easy.

Ok, I respect that.

Then the issue here is that some categories may not have enough merit sources or at least we need to wait some time until everything levels out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shalnark

Activity: 196
Merit: 121

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:12:00 PM
Merited by chineseprancing (3), mharz (2), dhas (2), di.ako.toh (1), 214missy (1)

Actually all of us have high possibility to earn and gain merits, but it depends to us if how our how many people are attracted to our quality of post. Sometimes they were need to give suggestions and opinions or else they were need to make creative post to gain high amount of merits from the other users.
audrey12

Activity: 210
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:29:43 PM
Merited by chineseprancing (2), di.ako.toh (1), jinksters09 (1)

I think if you post to a thread who already have lots of reply chances for you to earn merits even if you have a good post quality is unlikely to achieve since people may think your post will no longer contribute to the topic. If you really want to get rewarded choose a good topic which you can give good contributions with, surely readers will appreciate that and you'll receive the merit you deserve.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:43:24 PM

I understand your side but we cannot force people to give some merit. There's a lot of good post out here in forum yet no one gives merit, but don't rush thing cause time will come and everyone's good post here will be appreciated, just relax and enjoy on learning more here on forum.
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:52:14 PM
Merited by ajmapalo22 (1)

If it were possible I would give de-merit to merit beggars. But de-merit is problematic, since scammers and shills would abuse it to lower the merit of people making sense...

Interesting idea, maybe the merit sources can have control on the de-merit, since they can distribute and monitor the post quality. They are selected to take this responsibility. The perception of quality posts can differ between the different sources, but they can de-merit the ones abusing the system.
Well I guess this has been discussed before.

vlad230 (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:01:24 PM

Actually all of us have high possibility to earn and gain merits, but it depends to us if how our how many people are attracted to our quality of post. Sometimes they were need to give suggestions and opinions or else they were need to make creative post to gain high amount of merits from the other users.

It's interesting you got 3 merits for this post and I still don't get what you want to say in it...

Good for you buddy Smiley
sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:07:00 PM

I'm not personally going to go through your posts, but I can say that the merit-giving might be a little lopsided, being given out in sections that aren't infested with shitposters (like economics and bitcoin discussion).  I dont think anyone reads posts in those sections.  I think I've given most of my merits out in meta or reputation, and those sections are ones that noobs only here to earn money tend to avoid.  But I'm giving merit and I've seen a lot of users giving it out as well. 

This isn't supposed to be quick and easy.
Exactly! majority of people who give merits don't focused on post seen in bitcoin discussion and economics, I've notice post in gambling section and altcoin are much appreciated, so if we really want to earn merits better invest in learning crypto currencies and its market so we can establish a good post or idea in different topics from this forum.

yamortsac

Activity: 154
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:39:12 PM
Merited by chineseprancing (4), di.ako.toh (2)

Since people here in the forum are from different countries and places, people have different ideas or thinking about somethings so maybe there are some posts that you think are good and useful but to others it is not that's why they will just ignore it. And maybe people haven't read your post since there are lots of posts in the forum that's why no merits are given to it even the post deserve to have merits.
ityandsyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:06:49 PM

We are posting with the best of our knowledge and idea, but maybe the legendary may not impress or not agree with our idea,and maybe that's the reason why they hesitate to give their merits to us.I suggest just keep on posting.
vlad230 (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:24:30 PM

1 - I have no interest in which coins you are mining or how you are doing it, therefore, to me, those are not good or useful posts. They may well be to others. Merit is subjective, which was my original point.
2 - The only thing the merit system limits is people's ability to make money from the forum. If that is your only reason for being here, then the merit system is working.
3 - I completely agree with the post you linked to. I have no issues he was merited for it.

I like your numbering thing, will continue to use it Cheesy

1 - Yes, I agree, only the users who find it useful should send merits. BUT sometimes there are a lot of questions - regarding mining for example - so, to avoid them I have created a thread where I answer all the future questions and offer a guide on how to do it. Maybe some users find it useful that there will be no more questions about it since that information is grouped in a thread which they can find by searching (if they search...of course).
2 - Yeah...definitely... We're not here to do investments in cryptocurrency thus trying to make a profit, we're here just for the fun Smiley) (I'm being sarcastic)
3 - Well.... it's the first thing we agreed on at least for half of it because I do have a problem he was merited for it. Fortunately, this will change when the merit sources kick in and nobody will have sMerit to spare an things like this.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:37:26 PM

For OP, just take it easy, maybe your post is not recognized yet by people, and some people maybe doesnt feel it as a great post.
For OP to compare, please see my thread about QuestionAuthority (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2947171.msg30272338#msg30272338) and look how much work i put into my thread making a statistics of merit activity and see how many merit i got and ask yourself do my post is merited enough? Im just applying your way OP, just want to show that kind of feeling will always be there even though you got merit for your post later. We need to calm down and keep working a great work.
NITCoinOfficial

Activity: 28
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:13:56 PM

I don't mind this system as a rule to fight against spammers, "bad posting" or alt accounts. My opinion is that the problem is really not enough people who can give merit. I mean this is a very active forum, there are lots of new posts in each subsection every hour. There is just not enough people to read them all, judge and give merit. One way to deal with this issue is to assign special "merit" administrators to each subsection and develop a guideline for them to give merit to everyone who deserves it. In general, it should not be "extremely difficult or next to impossible" to get merit. You should be able to gain merit from good post writing, but it does not mean that your post should be "close to genius" or "Pulitzer prize-winning" for you to gain 10 merit and up your rank. Personally, this is what I feel right now as a new-comer to this forum. 40+ "average to good" posts have not yielded me a single merit. It's not my goal of course, I enjoy writing, helping people and educating them about the crypto-world. It's just very sad that I realize someone like me can write 500 + posts and not get a single merit because...well because nobody who can give merit looked.
Abal Abal

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 07:22:14 PM

I'm a bit confused of the new merit system because I have not received any merits directly for the posts I created but only through posts that I made in this sub forum (anti-spam campaign for example).

I'm not saying the merit system is a bad idea because it was created to fight spammers and shit posters but I feel like something is not working when it's about people that do good posts and try to help out other users.

I have a list of posts (created by me) that I think are of good quality & were helpful to the users but have not received any merits for them.

English forums:

Romanian forum:

the same experience in getting merit dev. I've been trying to make a nice and useful post but still do not get too.
send regards for success

vlad230 (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:47:11 AM

For OP, just take it easy, maybe your post is not recognized yet by people, and some people maybe doesnt feel it as a great post.
For OP to compare, please see my thread about QuestionAuthority (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2947171.msg30272338#msg30272338) and look how much work i put into my thread making a statistics of merit activity and see how many merit i got and ask yourself do my post is merited enough? Im just applying your way OP, just want to show that kind of feeling will always be there even though you got merit for your post later. We need to calm down and keep working a great work.

Yes, indeed it's not enough for the quality and time put into it. At least you received some merits for it, mine did not get any directly.

I've merited your post because this kind of posts deserve to be merited not the quick posts you see above.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:16:50 AM

It's interesting you got 3 merits for this post and I still don't get what you want to say in it...

Being a good speaker doesn't mean you deserve a Merit. This guy/girl deserves a merit since he/she is saying something that is great that maybe so great he can't put it into words. Well, you don't need to pay attention to your merit but to your posts that you need to post to gain some merits.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
di.ako.toh

Activity: 154
Merit: 121

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:17:15 AM

I think it is possible to happen, because it depends on the reader on how they were impress to a certain post and for them to give merits on it. Even how good it is, so let us be aware to come up a good with a quality post for us to gain merits surely.

tekusa

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:19:08 AM

I can see that now you have got merits for these posts. Also, I am impressed with the quality of the posts you are making ere and I think you will easily rank up with such attitude. You may consider closing this thread as the purpose of opening it is solved.
lvsca

Activity: 1792
Merit: 293

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 12:05:16 PM

merit (as i know) as same as 'Like' on social media platform, different between it is merit use for rank uo in this forum. quality post not give you big chance for getting merit from other user from altcoins board. but, big chance for farming merit is on meta board and bitcoin board. why i say like that? altcoin board (in my opinion) focus on investment place.

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:06:02 PM

Yes, indeed it's not enough for the quality and time put into it. At least you received some merits for it, mine did not get any directly.

I've merited your post because this kind of posts deserve to be merited not the quick posts you see above.

That is why i told you to chill out and be patience. I know it is not easy to earn merits but it is not an impossible task too. I have read some of your posts and i can say that you have a quality in there, and you made a good and well thought posts, and some posts are from your own experience which cannot be achieved from reading or watching and you are willing to share that experience, it is a kind of a good gesture for forum in my opinion. Give it time mate, and i bet you will rank up just fine when the activity kicks in.
shi07

Activity: 122
Merit: 15

Long Live BTC

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:21:11 PM

Not because you think you're post is good enough other users would use their merit to credit your post. Everyone is entitled to give their merit to whom they want it to give. Just continue to contribute to the community with your knowledge on crypto and aim for the goodness and success of this forum, don't be to focused on gaining merit although it's important for you to rank up but it will come and someone for sure will find your post worthy of merit, just continue the good work.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: