Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:00:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will countries or central banks create their own cryptocurrency?  (Read 3189 times)
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:44:16 AM

I think that they will do it for sure like for example the, ripple which is the centralized cryptocurrency which is owned by the bank because the majority of the supply are in the banks and they are the manipulator of the price so we can say that we will be going to see more of like ripple cryptocurrency in the future.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
b3j0

Activity: 714
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 04:35:24 PM

Blockchain technology is not just about bitcoin. they can use this technology for speed and security of transactions. they can use the technology for public convenience.

hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 04:40:11 PM

The cost of printing more paper notes will continue to increase and every alternative will want to be harnessed in other to reduce that cost and if crypto would do that after several consultations they would go for it.

if they are interested, maybe it will happen. but, I think the odds are they will only support a project, or a coin for that. because when they develop cryptocurrency, they will make rivals for fiat.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 05:24:39 PM

Yes, there are some signs from the government that we might see something blockchain based currencies by the governments and as we all know, there are some banks already testing blockchain technology to optimize their transactions. However, it doesn't make any sense to me that centralized authorities are launching their blockchain based currencies because the core principle of blockchain is all about decentralization and I am sure that government won't lose the majority of the stake from such projects.
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 05:33:11 PM

I bet they will soon start to make their own cryptocurrency or they can integrate crypto in their system because lots of money are circulating right now in crypto industry and i bet they are eager to enter this industry. But i've still seeing news in my country that central banks are spreading bad news about cryptos.
jatin729

Activity: 812
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 05:34:11 PM

This is possible in coming future but before regulation must be there because govt. can't control decentralize currency (P2P currency).
But if countries have come up with their crypto than trade will be more easy between nations,  But there will be problem how govt. will control the inflation rate of crypto.

_AlexX

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 05:35:10 PM

Technically the USD could be moved into Blockchain and become a crypto currency. I do not see how this would not be possible.
Can the US then still endlessly produce new USD coins? Most likely.
Does it solve any real problem? No.
Will this be the end of Bitcoin etc.? I don't think so.

I personally did not move into crypto just because of the technology but because of the ideology and a bank or government issued token will simply never satisfy this. No matter what technology they put behind. Of course a simple blockchain transaction would be preferred compared to annoying international wire transfers but that is just usability and I don't believe that usability was the driver for cryptocurrencies all alone.
irpunfpp

Activity: 79

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 05:43:57 PM

I think that banks are already aware of the importance of digital money, maybe they intend to create digital currencies that belong to their own countries, but we think that the digital currency created by the bank is actually similar to the French currency. It is a central currency that is not really encrypted.
stephanirain

Activity: 756
Merit: 257

Freshdice.com

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 05:45:16 PM

A few countries and central banks have been talking about “digital currency”, and most of them are carefully ignoring the term “crypto”. Fact is- digital currency is not the same as cryptocurrency. These countries/central banks are recognizing the benefits of the digital currency features of cryptocurrency, but they don’t want any of the decentralized uncertainties that come with blockchain-based currencies.
Will countries or central banks create their own cryptocurrency?

In my own personal opinion, countries or central banks won't create their own cryptocurrencies because most of them are against of bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. But i think soon enough they will change their mind and it is possible for them to create their own cryptocurrency.

░▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒          
                        ▒██▒      ▓██▓▒▒█▓▓▒      
                ░▓███▓▓▒▓▓██▓      ▒██████    
          ░▓███░      ▒█▓▒░  ▒███████████  
      ▒██▓▒░  ▒▓███▓      ▒▓▓▓█████████░  
  ░██▓        ▒▓▒░    ░▓▓▓▓▓███████▓███▓  
▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ░▒▒▓▓▓███████▓      ███  
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████      ░███▒
▒██▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████  ▒█████
  ▓█    ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓███████
    █▓    ▒██▓▓▓█▓▓▓████████▒    ░██████▒
    ▓██▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████      ▒██████▓
      ██████▓█▓█▓█▓████████▒  ▓███████▒
       ▓███████████▓▓█████████████████
         ▓███████████▓█████░    ▓███████░
           ███████    ▓██████▓      ▓█████▓  
           ░▓█████▒    ▓██████    ▓████▓    
              ░▓████▓   ▒███████████▓      
                 ░▓█████████████▓▓▒        
                         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░            
Fresh Dice||||||Dice Now!
_AlexX

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:42:57 AM

A few countries and central banks have been talking about “digital currency”, and most of them are carefully ignoring the term “crypto”. Fact is- digital currency is not the same as cryptocurrency. These countries/central banks are recognizing the benefits of the digital currency features of cryptocurrency, but they don’t want any of the decentralized uncertainties that come with blockchain-based currencies.

In my own personal opinion, countries or central banks won't create their own cryptocurrencies because most of them are against of bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. But i think soon enough they will change their mind and it is possible for them to create their own cryptocurrency.

But are they against a blockchain based currency of their own as well or are they having issues that funds are changing ownership without them possibly knowing?

I think governments more then everyone else could benefit from having cryptocurrencies in use but it will never be bitcoin or any other altcoin and the currency will need to be controlled by them (which is possible, e.g. private blockchain with HL).
mimienamphine

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:25:40 AM

Highly possible because when cryptocurrency becomes the most preferred currency by people all over the world,then central banks will be left with no choice but to create and fully accept cryptocurrency.This is the future and no one can stop change.

upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:18:42 PM

Many states and central banks will soon create their own centralized crypto currency, which can be fully managed, as opposed to the existing decentralized crypto currency. They will try to confuse people, and since they can not stop the general introduction of a decentralized crypto currency, they will try to shift people's interest in using their centralized coins. After all, the total mass of people is still difficult to understand the differences of these crypto-currencies. Decentralized and centralized digital coins will walk for a long time in parallel with each other and this will be a good competition for the championship.
I read some news recently (cannot remember the country but I think in UK or so) trying to explore the usage of cryptocurrency and already working on something. I am sure this is the stage we will get in with the blockchain technology eventually.

It is obvious that so many countries are starting to research on the benefits that lies with the technology and before we know it, this would start becoming a trend among each countries coming up with theirs and the currency system going digital.
PalindromemordnilaP

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 02:20:26 PM

That could be possible too because the government and banks can simply hire a group of people to make a crypto currency for them. This is really possible because the government and banks might get an idea from Ripple which is also a cryptocurrency that is backed with big banks across the globe.

eroejoe

Activity: 602
Merit: 54

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:32:09 PM

Here is list of countries which launched or are going to launch their digital currency.
1. Ecuador
2. Tunisia
3. Senegal
4. Sweden
5. Estonia
6. China
7. Russia
8. Japan
9. Venezuela
10. Israel
according to https://www.verdict.co.uk/bitcoin-countries-digital-currency/ where you can se more informations.

We are moving from paper money to digital or crypto currencies with fast steps these days.

BTC
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 6134

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:44:50 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2018, 02:58:37 AM by d5000

[State cryptocurrency watch]

This news item is about one week old:

Marshall Islands Officially Make Crypto Their Sovereign National Currency

Their new national cryptocurrency is called the Sovereign (SOV) and will be the official legal tender for businesses and the 53,000 citizens of the Pacific islands.

I guess it will be some kind of Tether-like "backed stablecoin", only that the issuer is a state and not a private business.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
PIR

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:16:14 AM

I don't think so, because in a first place they are against bitcoin because it some kind  threat to them losing their clients and investor it like a rival to them that is why in some country they banned bitcoin and for them it has effect in their economy.

CRYPTOBLADES 
|   FACEBOOK   |   REDDIT   |     MEDIUM     |     TWITTER     |    DISCORD    |     TELEGRAM
JessicaAshl

Activity: 49

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:21:04 PM

Countries or Central Bank will try to create a digital currency but they will not keep it uncontrollable. Because the bank will try to keep tax on it.
mia khalifa

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:11:24 PM

I think it could happen if the government or the country has seen and can assess the development of a good cryptocurrency and if the country has a clear cryptocurrency regulation then the bank or country can make its own cryptocurrency.
Tukang Becak

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:33:54 PM
Merited by Bacotan Bae (16)

I think it's very possible and ideal, the world and the era must have changed and the presence of blockchain would be a solution to make it easier for anyone in the transaction, I'm sure cryptocurrency is the money of the future.
udanemas

Activity: 89

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:37:55 PM

I think It is possible countries or central banks will create their own crypto currency. Because Crypto is the future currency, It will be needed in the future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: