Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:58:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any ideas of what we lack in crypto world?  (Read 3272 times)
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:46:53 PM

Security, security, and again - security. We need a better security ASAP, all other technical obstacles will be solved in time.
I would not say we lack security really since security of assets is actually in everyone's hands. There are so many ways people can stay secured in this environment, only if they really want to learn to stay secure. While it is important that people should use very strong passwords, make use of added securities on any platform they are making use of such as 2FA, SMS log in or Email log in, be weary of phishing website, but the fact is that only very few people follow this rules and you leave your account vulnerable if you do not take them into consideration.
I certainly agree! Security is a priority and bitcoin is highly-secured. I think it has to start with us, it depends how we stay connected in preventing ourselves from any danger. Moreover, I see scalability as the factor we lack, considering that there is a limit of its rate and number of transactions it can process that cause to hamper it from mass adoption.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chachacoin17

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:10:25 PM

Security, security, and again - security. We need a better security ASAP, all other technical obstacles will be solved in time.
I would not say we lack security really since security of assets is actually in everyone's hands. There are so many ways people can stay secured in this environment, only if they really want to learn to stay secure. While it is important that people should use very strong passwords, make use of added securities on any platform they are making use of such as 2FA, SMS log in or Email log in, be weary of phishing website, but the fact is that only very few people follow this rules and you leave your account vulnerable if you do not take them into consideration.
I certainly agree! Security is a priority and bitcoin is highly-secured. I think it has to start with us, it depends how we stay connected in preventing ourselves from any danger. Moreover, I see scalability as the factor we lack, considering that there is a limit of its rate and number of transactions it can process that cause to hamper it from mass adoption.
I think what we lack is the properties of real currency.
Bitcoin functions as a decentralized system, it is not issued and regulated by the government. It lacks additional qualities usually associated with currencies, because it is held in digital wallets that have proved to be very vulnerable to hackers.
lelangsabun

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:20:21 PM

i think the infrastructure are lack in the crypto because there are many under development country that can't provide the need of the bitcoin to full support it
toygama

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:52:36 PM

Lack of knowledge is the main reason we have only a few peoples in the crypto world. People fail to understand the true potential of crypto currencies that's why they fail to believe.This one of the reasons people don't like cryptocurrency related things. We have to teach people what is crypto currency, its benefit, its true potential. They are not going to know about crypto currency in their dreams we are the one who has to make the change.

Changes and initiatives always came from us who is already a member of this community, for me as a junior member of this forum I organized a small cell encourage them and teach them about cryptocurrency we start from bounty campaign which is their initial step to know more and be familiar the different aspects of  crypto world.
ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:00:18 PM

i think the infrastructure are lack in the crypto because there are many under development country that can't provide the need of the bitcoin to full support it
It is a fairly new system and it will take a longer period of time to have a better front end user friendly products so that everyone will be able to use it, hopefully we would see innovative products coming out in the future that would make bitcoin use simpler, that can be understood by everyone, since the entire market does not have any boundaries anyone could make use of these developments.
kidamazo

Activity: 289

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:01:09 PM

I think that we are significantly lacking to have enough educated and skilled players, who would share their knowledge with us.
Lpim01

Activity: 700
Merit: 117

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:02:59 PM

Crypto are becoming old and getting known worldwide but only few people are just getting interest on this cause of it's high risk and there is no support from all countries. It means that, if the government will lay their hand to support crypto, it surely people have gain courage to step inside and also establishment will start accepting cryptocurrencies. But it is not realize by the government also due to conflict of interest between their sides and crypto itself.
Bustart

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:35:42 PM

It is a fairly new system and it will take a longer period of time to have a better front end user friendly products so that everyone will be able to use it, hopefully we would see innovative products coming out in the future that would make bitcoin use simpler, that can be understood by everyone, since the entire market does not have any boundaries anyone could make use of these developments.
I think we lack buyer protection, when buying using Bitcoins, and the seller doesn’t send the promised goods, then there will be no chargebacks. I believe this can be solved by using intermediary but at some point it defeats the purpose because bitcoin is decentralized.

▄▄▄█▄
   ▄▄███ ▄▄███████ ███▄▄
  █████▀████████████▐████
   ▀▀▀  █▄██▄▄██▄██ ▀▀▀
     ▄███▀██▀▀██▀███▄
 ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
███████████▄▄▄▄███████████
 ███  ▀███▀▀██▀▀███▀  ████
█████                 ████
  ████  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██  ███
   ████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████
    ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.DopeDoge...The Token That Revolutionized..
..The Weed Industry.................
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ▐██████
███████ ▌    ███ ▌   ▐██████
███████ █▌    █ █▌   ▐██████
███████ ██▌    ██▌   ▐██████
███████ ███▌  ███▌   ▐██████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
Tatars kun

Activity: 58

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:16:53 AM

The XYO Network is building one of the largest networks of Bluetooth and GPS beacons in the world. For several years, we have quietly developed world-class location protocols necessary to achieving our mission of building a decentralized location network. The XYO Network makes this possible through an ecosystem of crypto-location protocols necessary for the technologies of today, and the world of tomorrow.
oxygensignatureR

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:42:15 PM

Some systems like global onlooker bots or if any automated actions, tracking of it etc includes in the lack-list.
sunanbonang

Activity: 242
Merit: 1

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:15:48 PM

I think we lack buyer protection, when buying using Bitcoins, and the seller doesn’t send the promised goods, then there will be no chargebacks. I believe this can be solved by using intermediary but at some point it defeats the purpose because bitcoin is decentralized.
this is where we must be careful and should know we buy goods to whom. but that is the problem here most sellers do not use intermediaries or third persons.

[www.athero.io]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution
▀▀█▄▄   A revolutionary decentralized digital economy   ▄▄█▀▀
jimmybush07702

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:10:19 PM

I think the foundation are need in the crypto in light of the fact that there are numerous being worked on nation that can't give the need of the bitcoin to full help it.
Wewe Gombel

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:21:30 PM

It seems that using cryptocurencies directly is the biggest drawback of crypto, we all know that most crypto is only used for online transactions and not much offline yet, I hope it can be done for transactions directly.
renggileh

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:26:07 PM

For me , what is lacking in our crypto world today is the lack of knowledge to the public especially the ones who have really no idea when they hear the word "Cryptocurrency" or "Bitcoin". In my own experience, before I left my previous workplace in an Insurance Company, me and my co-workers including my boss has a healthy talk about Bitcoin since that was the time I already had some knowledge about cryto and they were trying to say to me that Bitcoin is just a SCAM and I can't have any profit out of it and I was trying to explain my side. So you see, many people are still clueless about crypto and/or they just don't realize the future is in crypto currency and they have to be open-minded that our world is changing so we have to adapt change.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:40:29 PM

I think the focus of our community in the next few years should be on some of the crypto world systems, and we see that the abuse of ICO in the last half of the year is hurting the development of the market, and a lot of negative news related to crypto.
In that case, I would say what is lacking is just basically ICO regulation. Where some are already doing it, some are really not bothered. I am not a big fan of regulation, but it seems that scammers as well as dumb and inexperienced investors who just fall for anything has ended up making the ICO space what it is today and to not give it a negative tag over time, I feel it is just better once and for all that the space is regulated minimally to curb those scam activities and bring about a matured environment.
cexylikepie

Activity: 779
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:18:53 PM

Basically, Bitcoin can not hack by anyone, because its system is decentralized system and its security is guaranteed by all Bitcoin users on the world. Nobody has enough power, capacity to attack a huge system like Bitcoin. But, if the hackers want to rob money from a user, it is easily more than attack the Bitcoin system too much. That is the reason we have many methods to secure the device storing cryptocurrency.
trand

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 09:19:16 PM

I think the first think we need to know is that how the blockchain work. Second, technology is what we need to have in order to access the internet world. Without computer, we can not use the blockchain. Therefore, I believe that computer is very very important to us. We need to have a pc or laptop

stepwilli

Activity: 1042
Merit: 273

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:48:10 AM

This is still such new technology. The real issue is we built the high speed train before putting down the rails. These features (custody, wallets, regulated exchanges, etc.) will come in time, making the space much safer for everyone else to jump in.
As far as safety or security of these coins is concerned, I think there is no more secure system than blockchain technology. Crypto coins implement this technology. The security of wallets and exchanges is not digital asset’s headache. It is all up to the user how carefully he works with his asset. If holder won’t keep on entering his credentials everywhere on internet, it is not possible to steal his coin.
Kakawate

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:56:22 AM

We see that all the time in some countries cryptocurrencies are banned or in the contrary they start to make a special regulation. It shows that everyone want to do something with it but don't really know what, yet. Maybe you guys can guess, as experts from the crypto community, what do we need for normal living in a blockchain world?

I think, the real problem here is the support of the government in implementing the use of this coin world wide, if the government would just really help to implement cryptocurren as a mode of payment legally, then I can say that it would be a great help and the  use of cryptocurrency in a daily basis is gonna be possible sooner.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
Kemarit
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1351

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:26:56 AM

We see that all the time in some countries cryptocurrencies are banned or in the contrary they start to make a special regulation. It shows that everyone want to do something with it but don't really know what, yet. Maybe you guys can guess, as experts from the crypto community, what do we need for normal living in a blockchain world?

I think, the real problem here is the support of the government in implementing the use of this coin world wide, if the government would just really help to implement cryptocurren as a mode of payment legally, then I can say that it would be a great help and the  use of cryptocurrency in a daily basis is gonna be possible sooner.

That's the biggest problem that we need to overcome because governments doesn't like what they are seeing. This cryptoverse is very disruptive to say the least that's why we will not going to see most of the governments around the world supporting it. The only thing that we can expect for them is regulations and imposing heavier tax on crypto's.

Hmmm. That's how it was originally designed by Satoshi, P2P without any third party in between. So I don't think we can consider it a problem. So you need to be very careful who you dealing with so as not to be scam.

I think that we are significantly lacking to have enough educated and skilled players, who would share their knowledge with us.

I doubt that anyone will share their secrets and tips. I advise you to just really play the market and sooner you will learn the tricks and trade and I'm sure that you will successful as well.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀