Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:02:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ICO is complete!] Market.space - Decentralized Host Aggregator  (Read 6879 times)
bulldogtattoo

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:07:03 PM

Hi devs! How about airdrop?
Im very doubtful it really makes sense. It just attracts unhealthy hype, but then, after it finishes, there is no interest at all

Hi guys! I'm a newbie in all this cryptocurrency thing...could you please explain me what is "airdrop"?

free coins

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
serjio

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:21:43 PM

Im very doubtful it really makes sense. It just attracts unhealthy hype, but then, after it finishes, there is no interest at all

Hi guys! I'm a newbie in all this cryptocurrency thing...could you please explain me what is "airdrop"?

​its​ ​when​ ​a​ ​project distribute​s ​free​ ​tokens or​ ​coins ​to​ ​the​ crypto ​community.
bulldogtattoo

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:45:43 PM

free coins
Free? What do u mean?You don't have to do anything? Or it's like bounty?

You have to complete various social tasks, for example, join Telegram group, or follow the project on twitter or some other social network
ccczarek123

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:50:41 PM

free coins

You have to complete various social tasks, for example, join Telegram group, or follow the project on twitter or some other social network

Yep, there’s no standard rules yet. Right now, each team offers a different set of rules
bulldogtattoo

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:02:13 PM

free coins

Yep, there’s no standard rules yet. Right now, each team offers a different set of rules

Ok, clear
But why would they do that? To give tokens for free...it's a bad business, isn't it?

Nope! They do this to raise awareness for their project. It’s free advertising, man! And also to create a community around it. Because if you give some coins to a user, he’ll get involved to make it bankable, you know
ccczarek123

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:05:03 PM

free coins

Ok, clear
But why would they do that? To give tokens for free...it's a bad business, isn't it?

Nope! They do this to raise awareness for their project. It’s free advertising, man! And also to create a community around it. Because if you give some coins to a user, he’ll get involved to make it bankable, you know

And to create a lead database for a cheap price. Indeed, these companies collect all the data they can in exchange of a few worthless tokens…
melsell1

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:14:07 PM

free coins

If youre lucky you may receive some really really free coins Cheesy I heard some platforms give away some tokens to the users holding some of their coins, just like that, for free!
crevbi

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 09:19:24 AM

Professional Web Hosts vs Consumer Devices

Weighing Up Costs and Environmental Footprint
Following Frank Sylverster’s overview of the environmental aspect — crucial but normally overlooked in storage systems — we’d like to reinforce our promise to deliver a more energy efficient system with some brute facts.

It goes without saying that renting disc space from the inveterate hosts instead of amateurs reduces the risks that are inevitably associated with the consumer devices.

If we take power efficiency which is calculated as storage volume to electricity consumption ratio, the equipment used by hosting professionals proves far more efficient than consumer devices (see the table below).

To weigh up the carbon footprints, we took an average HDD with capacity equaling to 1 TB. A brand new personal computer might have up to 4 such HDDs, although it’s not the case for the vast majority of PCs. Generally, they have only one HDD (maximum two) HDDs. However, we give consumer devices a head start in this example taking the number of HDDs equaling to four. At the same time, a hosting server normally contains up to 30 HDDs, but let’s take a modest one with 12 HDDs.

The power of PC is around 300 Wh; for hosting server it makes nearly 500 Wh. I want to make a caveat that these are the ballpark figures I’ve got from our technical team, so they reflect the big picture, but if you want to find exceptions, you definitely will.

As we are looking at decentralized storage systems, we also take into account that the PC of a system participant must work all day long (yes, that’s what is meant by an uninterrupted service!). So the monthly use of energy will total to 300 Wh * 24h * 30d = 216 kW (for all the 4 HDDs. That is 54 kW per HDD).

For hosting server monthly energy consumption makes 500 Wh * 24h * 30d = 360 kW. And that is for 12 HDDs, or 30 kW per HDD. Given that 1 kW costs about $0.12 in the USA (that’s also an average, see the caveat above), we get the total costs of energy per month, which are then divided into 4 and 12 correspondingly.

Overall, the energy consumption per HDD and consequently the cost of storing 1 terabyte speak in favor of the professional hosting equipment. As we’ve arrived at this conclusion, This cost effectiveness means much more than , but also takes less energy for storing the same amount of data.

https://medium.com/@Market_space_/professional-web-hosts-vs-consumer-devices-b749d88f9080
xdbitcoin

Activity: 101

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:46:45 AM

How do you think, based on the interest of the project on the part of investors, will you reach a hard cap?
I-Love-BTCD

Activity: 64

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 01:13:00 PM

How big is ur marketing department?Do u have any plans to partner with any agencie?
Breathe

Activity: 87
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 01:29:05 PM

free coins

Ok, clear

And to create a lead database for a cheap price. Indeed, these companies collect all the data they can in exchange of a few worthless tokens…

But how safe is it? I didn't participate yet, but read some article that 90% of all airdrops are scams
akramali

Activity: 145

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 01:32:49 PM

What are the roles of the advisors? Do they really do smth? Or they are just...to impress investors?

The answer is 'they really do'  Smiley So far we've covered in-length only Mohammed's contribution, but more publication on our Advisors and their role in the project are coming soon

thanks
Looking forward to it
akramali

Activity: 145

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 01:37:02 PM

free coins

Ok, clear

But how safe is it? I didn't participate yet, but read some article that 90% of all airdrops are scams
As for me, I have not been scammed in airdrops, maybe because I choose them very carefully
murat131

Activity: 73

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 01:48:57 PM

How do you think, based on the interest of the project on the part of investors, will you reach a hard cap?
How much is the Hard cap?
kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 01:54:53 PM

Thank you all! I'm also a newbie here and been wondering about airdrop! So now I need to keep watching the ICO's ANN for the announcement of airdrops

There is no airdrop concerning the coin whose thread you are writing in. Nothing in the first post speaks about airdrops or free MASP coins.

As for me, I have not been scammed in airdrops, maybe because I choose them very carefully

You can't get scammed if you get coins for free ... However you will be scamming someone if you sell them to them and the project proves to be a scam.

Now, can we please stop with the eye-bleeding quoting and the completely off-topic posts about airdrops?

kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 03:25:40 PM

Now, can we please stop with the eye-bleeding quoting and the completely off-topic posts about airdrops?

Sorry man
Thats my fault
Just saw guys talkin about airdrops and decided to ask... Embarrassed

No problem. It just seemed that people got carried away about some airdrop that is not happening and the thread was only full of that ...

Anyway, I try to quote only the relevant part of a post so that the thread stays easy to follow.

Kriptobt1

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 06:08:55 PM

Back to Zurich for a Breakfast Event
https://medium.com/@Market_space_/back-to-zurich-for-a-breakfast-event-af0eeb2fab5f
btcapparel (OP)

Activity: 568
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:19:50 PM

Shoutout to Matt Wilkie from Crypto Freedom for the in-depth YouTube review   and excellent write-up
btcapparel (OP)

Activity: 568
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:22:53 PM

Big thanks, man, but a quick glance at your posts told me you might be suspended for spamming Smiley It may be slightly risky unless you are a Community Manager for all these projects  Grin
crypto_elle

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 10:39:00 AM

Can someone register plenty of google drives, dropbox profiles etc (using VPN for instance) and enter as a host? If you don't filter out technically, just deposit, who will you know?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: