Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:46:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Chinese New Year Affect the Market?!  (Read 612 times)
Endorphinity

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:15:28 PM

Many people think that as soon as China celebrates the New Year, the market will come to life. But I think that the market will begin to grow rapidly after large exchanges open registration.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
drogas

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:19:57 PM

Dunno if it's too early to say, but so far, its effects were basically nothing...

I was certainly expecting something more dramatic.
realsmans

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Transforming the Global Shipping Industry

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:22:16 PM

Dunno if it's too early to say, but so far, its effects were basically nothing...

I was certainly expecting something more dramatic.
You mean like deeper falling of the all market? I hope it will not happen for now.

Blockshipping  ────────────────────────────────────────────   Whitepaper   Telegram   Github
██  Transforming The Global Container Shipping Industry   ██████████████            Twitter    Facebook         
『 The ICO starts 14 May 2018 at 2 pm CET 』  ────────────────────   Reddit   Medium   ANN Thread   
ub27

Activity: 559
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:42:30 PM

Chinese New Year made the biggest negative impact. The Chinese did not trade crypto money during the new year. The transaction volume in the crypto money exchanges fell to a minumum level. It took a long time to recover the prices.
Eddyc

Activity: 1013
Merit: 391

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:12:33 PM

We know that China has a gigantic number of investors and in parts affected the current market yes, but not in a consistent way but in a simple way that generated small high percentages. In my opinion a lot of expectation was created over this celebration and consequently it was not reciprocated.
tiar4dewie

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:25:03 PM

Of course will affect, but it's just like any other big day. Especially before the day of celebration, those who celebrate need more fiat money, then sales on a large scale occur

francois-cooper

Activity: 308
Merit: 31

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:25:38 PM

dit it happen like that the years before ?

Viscera

Activity: 660
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:26:58 PM

All market is affected on Chinese New year. But most of the Western Countries are holding their coins, Asian Market is starting to fund money in Market now. Everthing's gonna be fine soon. Bitcoin is moving now and alts are following also.
Xioma

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:29:06 PM

http://supchina.com/2018/02/15/beijing-was-awfully-quiet-this-year-during-chinese-new-year-eve/

They were awfully quiet in regards to crypto as well apparently. I wonder why the reason is. Grin
chrisrok

Activity: 134
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:29:57 PM

I think there is a relation but I wouldn't overestimate it.

Anyway, the most solid strategy is simply to buy and hodl - don't care about Chinese new year at all.
cryptopussies

Activity: 196

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fun

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:31:09 PM

I think yes, but I have no idea about details why it is rising bcs of it.
Anyone can explain me?
If most of the chinese whales cashed out yes it will affect the whole market,because these people needs some cash to be spent with their holidays,after the chinese newyear we  should expect more healthy market than we have today,altcoins will surely grow more in the next few months so stay tuned and hold your precious coins.

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
kyle0671

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:35:06 PM

This is what we've all been wondering for the past two months.  Here's my thing:  Chinese don't do anything during the New Year, so why is that causing price do go down?  Doing nothing would imply that they just leave their coins locked up and HODL, this would cause a raise in price in my eyes, not a decline.  Maybe the lack of action changes RSI/demand and makes coins appear oversold and it the market drops as a self fulfilling prophecy.  It does look like there is a historic drop around the time of the Chinese New Year.  
Walkenman

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:35:47 PM

I think so, since many investors are starting to derive profits from assets, and the willing part of the population wants to spend a vacation with money. In fact, there are many reasons, as I can still assume that whales can at this time be good at speculating in the market for their own purposes. But this is just my opinion, nothing more.  Roll Eyes
cryptomema

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:37:04 PM

Of course if most of the chinese whales are dumping bitcoin because of the chinese new year surely it will affect bitcoin's price,if bitcoins price will fail most of the altclons will follow its path,another bloodbath will happen.Chinese has the most bitcoin in the world that is why anything they do will affect the market.

vipercps

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

The market of algorithmic crypto trading strategie

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 08:39:06 PM

Certainly yes, I did not know that detail but now I learned more about the market  Shocked

██
                           ██████
                         █████████
                      █████████████
                    █████████████████
                      █████████████████
                       █████████████████
              ███        █████████████████
            ██████        █████████████████
          ██████████        █████████████████
       ██████████████        █████████████████
      █████████████████        █████████████████
       █████████████████        ████████████████
        █████████████████        █████████████
          █████████████████        █████████
           █████████████████        ██████
             █████████████████        ██
              █████████████████      
                █████████████████      
                 █████████████████      
                   █████████████████      
                    █████████████████      
                      █████████████████      
                       █████████████████      
                         █████████████████      
               ███        █████████████████
             ██████         █████████████████
           ██████████        █████████████████
         █████████████         █████████████████
          █████████████████        ███████████████
            █████████████████        ███████████
             █████████████████        ███████
               █████████████████        ███
                █████████████████
                  ████████████████
                   █████████████████
                     █████████████
                      ██████████
                        ██████
                         ██

●●  VISUAL STRATEGY BUILDER  ●● BOUNTY | ANN | WHITEPAPER 
●●  FOR CRYPTOTRADING  ●●●●●●●● TELEGRAM | FACEBOOK | TWITTER 
         ALGORITHMIC TRADING | STRATEGY OPTIMIZATION | COPY TRADING
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:41:05 PM

Chinese New Year made the biggest negative impact. The Chinese did not trade crypto money during the new year. The transaction volume in the crypto money exchanges fell to a minumum level. It took a long time to recover the prices.

Who said to you that bro. Chinese new year and Christmas holidays make the bitcoin price bumped. Even the altcoins value rapidly grow along with the bitcoin every year.

I see minimum bitcoin martketcap reduced end till 321 billion but from the past 3 days it increased in the marketplace. Hopefully it will not go cheap more in the value or market capital.
I believe this price growth reach up to 20k USD.
PadenoM

Activity: 308
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:45:44 PM

Hi, I don't think Chinese new year affects market, it is just timing we had a massive pump which collapse after 2 months of mirth, now price are slowly coming back to their usual growth, anyway happy new chinese year all, hope you'll all have success and wealthyness
olumyd

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:47:50 PM

Evidently it does. With festive period people need to liquidate assets and trading volume usually drops. However, we can see things picking up pace in the community gradually. Bitcoin reaching $50k USD this year isn't totally impossible, but with festive periods lined up, there will be bumps down the road to that target. So all we could do is tighten our seat belts and make the most prudent investment decisions during this course.
kindbtc

Activity: 1008

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:52:18 PM

I think yes as the traders and the trading volume will comeback to the markets after the holidays we can expectthe market to grow nicely post chinese new year.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
cryptoux

Activity: 186

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:56:59 PM

Yes it affects because chinese has the larrgest amount of bitcoins today,even they have some ban in china some of the chinese still trying to trade their bitcoins,or they might be migrated to other countries to prevent these regulations in cryptocurrencies.If most of the chinese cashout all at once surely it will result into another bloodbath,so yes it has some impact.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: