Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:25:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [confirmed] SCAMMER: user Leon  (Read 14027 times)
Duffman

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 07:44:05 AM

Should I shamelessly promote my bitcoin escrow site https://mybitsafe.com?
yes, you should.  and also, I think you should implement this:
Quote from: site's FAQs
What's with this bitcoin faucet crap? Why can't I get my money back if the seller rips me off?

...there are situations where specifying a different address may be appropriate. For example, the buyer and seller could agree that the funds go to an arbitrator who will listen to each person's side of the story. We are considering adding this feature.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shakaru

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 07:59:42 AM

I never bought them but spoke to him about buy non existant cards. He did offer to trade me his two cards for 4 of my 5830s

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
bitcoinTrader

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 08:11:45 AM

So the account freezing issues will come to dwolla too!

gellimac

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 08:26:57 AM

Contact a moderator or an admin, they are able to see IP of members.

After that try to find him
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 08:28:06 AM

I sure as hell don't see any IP addresses. You'll have to contact an administrator if you want that info.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 08:46:25 AM

Considering that part of the payment was Dwolla, we already know his name fairly accurately, assuming that it was actually connected to a bank account.

Trini8ed

Activity: 375

<3 Bitcoins

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 08:59:56 AM

Considering that part of the payment was Dwolla, we already know his name fairly accurately, assuming that it was actually connected to a bank account.

Its linked to his bank he took screenshots I think?

Everyone Loves Donations: 1PEVhtmnBqiN8rYXLHhtUWAB6q9X63Zm9D
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Trini8ed
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 10:52:22 AM

Bitcoin ShitListRoll Eyes
Trini8ed

Activity: 375

<3 Bitcoins

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 10:56:11 AM

He needs to more then just shit listed...

Everyone Loves Donations: 1PEVhtmnBqiN8rYXLHhtUWAB6q9X63Zm9D
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Trini8ed
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 11:18:58 AM

He needs to more then just shit listed...

Beaten? lol

OP, please write a shitlist report with all the personal data you have from Leon and send it to me by PM or using the email at the Bitcoin ShitList website and i'll make sure to speed things up so your shitlist will be the first one to be posted.
You will not get your money back by doing it, but you will probably be able to warn other potential victims about this scammer.
And believe me when i tell you that the website will have some pretty good google rankings after it goes live Wink
haploid23 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 09:07:23 PM

i will address all of these in my next post:

As much of an obnoxious ass haploid23 has portrayed himself to be so far...

Leon is under no obligation to do either of these things, based on the original agreement. I suggest that you make that requirement clear next time that you buy something.

No problem. Just remember that if haploid23 comes back here crying that the fee is unreasonable, that your original agreement still stands until you both agree on something else. Don't refund anything until haploid23 agrees to the fees you impose.

Edit: Bleh, didn't notice that haploid23 already agreed to the $30 fee. So the new refund agreement is now the standing contract.

Then again the buyer is shady as hell too, if the funds don't clear, I'd only send a card paid with BTC & refund or dispute the dwolla payment

User haploid23  added to no sale blacklist.

Both of you are idiots.

Leon: for being intentionally non-transparent for some reason
haploid: for crying bloodly murder

It is good to know not to do business with either of you.

I really need to speed up my Bitcoin ShitList website  Cheesy

Both of you have a place in there by now  Tongue

I'm leaning towards Leon's side, but I'm gonna go grab some popcorn for this thread.

haploid23 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 09:09:09 PM

this was written on sunday, but i chose not to publicly post it, until now:

for all those that side with Leon, did you bother reading all the PMs and looked at what was said privately before jumping to conclusions? how am i the shady one? am i suppose to just sit here and wait for the other half of my payment to clear so he can run with all of it? or can i ask questions after seeing a lot of red flags?

now i'll admit that i'm an idiot and didn't do a quick background check before sending payment. how about you consider these red flags about Leon:

• he joined the forum on july 12, and racked over 120 posts in two days, right before posting his sell thread. and of these 120 posts, most of them are within a few minutes of each other. seems like characteristics of spam posts to me for the purpose of building post count reputation

• attempted to change account name (link) when opening another sale thread after the first one after the deal with me started to get sour. why hide under a different user name?? not the smartest scammer in the world, at least change your avatar picture if you're going to try to be someone else

• after he already received payment for the 6990s from me, he marked them as SOLD, but only a few hours he completely took this "sold" status off so it's available again. why do this? so others can also pay for the same items that i alread paid for? when i saw this, i posted in his thread saying i already bought and paid for the 6990s, so that no one else falls for it and buys it too. that's also in hopes that if someone else also paid for them, they would come out and say something like "oh wait, but i though i already paid for them as well!". a day after all this, he just deleted the whole first post and replaced it with "sold".

• he supposedly sold all 5x 5830 and 2x 6990, how did he manage to get another 5 brand new 5830 to sell in a new thread? unless he doesn't have any of it and just trying to get as many people as possible to pay for non-existent items.

• he bought all these cards off newegg, so after i suspected something is wrong, i asked for pictures and/or a screenshot of the invoices (refer to the PMs). he could not provide any of these, but yet he was so readily to provide me screenshots (1, 2, 3 link) of him receiving my BTC and withdrawing it to his bank after converting it to dollars. no invoice or pictures because he never had the card to begin with? of course he was under no obligation to give these, but if this were me i would have no trouble to provide invoices or pictures.

• no prior references of past transactions. i asked for ebay, heatware, or anything else and he said he couldn't remember his ebay account. seriously??

• just look at the excuses and runaround he is giving me, refer back to the PMs that i publicly posted.  the things he’s said has no real content behind them, just see through it. he basically just says over and over that I demand things, and tries to turn it around to say I’m the scammer. please show me in the original PM how i can possibly be the scammer, or where my real demands were.

seriously, with all these flags, if you were in my shoes you would just sit back so 100% of the money will clear and he will just run with it? i just thought that someone with half a brain can connect all the dots, it’s pretty black and white. this is too much trouble for me, since i'm supposedly getting a refund and the two 6990s are now up for grabs, why don't someone else just buy it then? it's actually a great price at $410...

myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 09:17:29 PM

Caveat emptor....

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 09:26:12 PM

Why don't you sue him?

myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 09:30:02 PM

Why don't you sue him?

Have to find him, first.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
BitPorium

Activity: 590

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 09:55:07 PM

This entire thing has inspired me to work harder on my escrow script. I am really going to kick it into overdrive now. People like LEON(chris8lunch) give bitcoins a bad rap.
feelz

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 10:11:13 PM

Escrow should be mandatory when large transaction are taken place.
kgo

Activity: 548

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 10:22:46 PM

Escrow should be mandatory when large transaction are taken place.

The nice thing about bitcoin is that nothing can really be mandatory, but yes escrow should be highly encouraged.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2011, 01:43:33 AM

haploid23, all i can say is that I'm truly sorry about my snarky remark  Sad
I recognize now who the scammer is. and i'm offering you my help in the only way i can.
Too bad that I can't solve completely your situation, but I can help you to maybe save the next person
from falling into such crap. Do good, and you will feel good.
It's impossible to save them all, because many, just like you did, jump on the bargains, only having seconds thoughts after thinking about it more clearly, but most times it's too late.

May this also be a lesson for those who like to impulse buy stuff... After all, more can happen than just you ending up buying something you don't need or like.  Undecided

Once again, i'm sorry about my comment, haploid23
Smalleyster

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

I yam what I yam. - Popeye

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2011, 02:36:45 AM

Biggest lesson in this thread;

If it's too good to be true, then it's too good to be true!

Feel like investing in a Miner?:
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=30044.msg377773#msg377773
A soup to nuts newbee system for a secure, portable USB wallet (free instructions):
NoobHowTo: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=27088.msg341387#msg341387
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: