Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:06:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Companies that are scary  (Read 2414 times)
Toden1379

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:16:34 AM

Definitely facebook. I can't count the number of times I have used facebook to login to websites before when I still didn't know what's what. They have your photos, websites, searches, messages and almost your life. Even accounts that were hacked can discredit your identity.

EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWOR      EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25       
        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Choyor

Activity: 672
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:33:03 AM

Of all the large companies that are now large internet players, do anyone particularly scare you in terms of how you data and track could be used? Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, …?

Social media, I think a lot of people are using their services. I think the data on the list you listed is a great company that certainly has a high security standards, we can just to not use if we want to avoid things that we do not want. but if google and intetnet, I think we can not do much to avoid it.
Tiktik

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:42:03 AM

Of all the large companies that are now large internet players, do anyone particularly scare you in terms of how you data and track could be used? Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, …?

I think they scared because maybe they know that theres a lot of player will loss their mind by playing and using this social media theres a lot of peoole became bad people becausr of this so theey scared aboutwhat will happen in the future if it continuees.
syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:34:12 AM

I think all that is related to the internet will be very easy to know personal data from others even from some other social media. Even in today's technological era there are many sites that have features to search for information or data about others and this is an advanced search engine tailor made for that purpose. But this can not be done if people are never active in the internet world.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
ProofOfLambo (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 9

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:14:39 PM

The Internet knows where your cat lives. Using the hidden meta-data about the geographic location of where the photo was taken which we share when we publish photos of our cats on sites like Instagram and other social media networks.

I also dislike companies that evade taxes and do it legally, that is by pressing and lobbying to have laws that are made to the size of the large corporations and evade tax.
outsider99

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:46:52 PM

I think social media is Facebook, because I feel facebook is very protection once to follow what we do in the facebook forum, and even facebook ban criptocurrancy world into its territory. i do not know why that could happen ..
Falmera

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:15:59 PM

Facebook and other social media can easily or fastly spread rumors or news. So I think this can affect businesses positively or negatively. Scams in the in the internet are also feared. So we must be careful enough.

ORVIUM            Open and Transparent Science
『 https://orvium.io/ 』   Powered By Blockchain
BitcoinMarketer39

Activity: 392

ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:19:02 PM

Those companies that you mention is highly respected and they will not do anything sneaky that will affect you in a bad way, those social media's that you mention is secured enough to place your data and that is the reason why they are called social media.

kenelmark

Activity: 1204
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:14:26 PM

Facebook and other social media can easily or fastly spread rumors or news. So I think this can affect businesses positively or negatively. Scams in the in the internet are also feared. So we must be careful enough.

Those are scary. they can use our data for their own interest. but we can not avoid them completely. they are around us right now, we only can hope governments will give justice for us about our privacy safety.

but in short answer,  those don't scare me, because they can not use me, because I have no valuable thing to use.  Grin Grin
YNAGS Team

Activity: 220
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:22:12 PM

There are many of those, but I personaly have nothing such special to hide from anybody, so whatever, I dont care. They will this or another way anyway gather your info.
BCTBF

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:22:57 PM

Even recently there is news that says if there is a leak of data on facebook, I personally have long left facebook and other social media after know this forum, so I need not be afraid of this incident.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:28:33 PM

Those are scary. they can use our data for their own interest. but we can not avoid them completely. they are around us right now, we only can hope governments will give justice for us about our privacy safety.

The government doesn't care about your wellbeing. They only see privacy scandals as an opportunity to fill up their pockets by handing over hefty penalties to social media sites. You can largely avoid social media if you so wish, but it's almost impossible to prevent Google from swallowing nearly everything you do on the internet, especially so if you have no clue about what's going on. Ignorance is the most dangerous aspect of the modern world when it comes to the internet and maintaining your privacy -- people throughout all the years haven't learned much in that regard, which is a damn shame. At some point in the future there probably isn't such a thing as privacy on the internet anymore -- everyone's profile has been stored on servers for ever and gets updated consistently.

but in short answer,  those don't scare me, because they can not use me, because I have no valuable thing to use.  Grin Grin

Your profile is all they need. It's worth more for them than you think. Wink
Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:24:37 AM

Amazon is not really scary they are just keeping track of what you purchase with them and as long as you do not buy anything controversial then you're fine, in my opinion the worst offenders are Facebook, Apple, Google and Microsoft, Apple and Microsoft have created operative systems that track you in everything you do, while Google products and Facebook products track also everything you do in your everyday life, that is why I avoid products of those companies.
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:41:06 AM

Amazon is not really scary they are just keeping track of what you purchase with them and as long as you do not buy anything controversial then you're fine, in my opinion the worst offenders are Facebook, Apple, Google and Microsoft, Apple and Microsoft have created operative systems that track you in everything you do, while Google products and Facebook products track also everything you do in your everyday life, that is why I avoid products of those companies.

No one can say how they use our personal details and our transaction details in recent days facebook was in a big trouble so social sites and apps are not in private stage so we cannot share personal details on any sites.
MMysterious

Activity: 972
Merit: 255

Bear season or just the beginning

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:45:46 AM

Well, if you are not doing anything bad and just don't care about KYCs then there won't be much problems here. But for people that always wanted privacy and anonymity then consider these large companies that are based in powerful countries like the US, China, Russia and maybe the UK too and some others to have your information taken already or stored for future purposes. These countries are the ones ruling the different parts of the world and they want to make sure everything is under control.
karanggatak

Activity: 1106
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:16:43 AM

Of course we need to be alert to all those platforms, because our data security is not necessarily maintained in those platforms, we should start now to keep our personal data from all platforms because they fear that they will misuse our data for some people who ultimately lead to harm to us.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀         ▀▀████
█████████▀              ▀██
█████████   ▐████████▌   ██
███▀▀             ███▌   ██
██▀               ███▌   ██
██   ▐███████████████▌   ██
██   ▐███               ▄██
██   ▐███            ▄▄████
██   ▐████████▌   █████████
██▄              ▄█████████
███▄▄         ▄▄███████████
███████████████████████████
.crosswise.
..........Next Gen Cross-Chain DEX..........
|   TELEGRAM   |    TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |     MEDIUM     |  INSTAGRAM  |
...SIGN IN...
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:24:18 PM

Facebook had an issue later about data leak in U.S.A. and I do believe that it is possible that Facebook can gather information about you through their site. Just imagine if you are keeping over million of dollars in your crypto wallet and they decided to look into your account even look deep into your personal info just to gain access on your crypto wallet.
bettercrypto

Activity: 1330
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 10:55:44 PM

There are news that tackles about how the facebook entered the private messages and manipulate the election. In almost 9 years of using facebook, this is just the year that I am scared to hide my pictures and other stuffs in facebook speciall my crypto related stuffs. Facebook chain messages last day was triggered me also and in fact, I shared it to my family in order for them to become aware about what is happening in facebook. But it seems the chain message was just a full of lies and I was fooled by the chain message.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Boldcom

Activity: 149
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:03:28 PM

facebook is the most evidently scary. they already have most of our information. have admitted that they have been hacked a couple of times. google is scary as well as they keep track of our locations when our data and locations are turned on
Tenderino

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:12:00 PM

I do not use Amazon or Facebook, so they can not scare me. Facebook was known for sharing your personal data since many years, so it was your own fault. The name itself should scare you away! And Amazon is another US company that surely shares your personal data and in this case even with your personal address also! But most people will simply say that they have nothing to hide and anyway do not care much.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: