Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:26:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Companies that are scary  (Read 2417 times)
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 12:22:50 AM

Twitter was a bit scary few months. I believe they listens to conversations under the pretext of serving personalized advertisements?  I mentioned a rare word and found it later in my twitter feed as advertisement. I think they stopped this though or maybe because I covered most of the openings on my phone with tapes. .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:34:25 AM

Of all the large companies that are now large internet players, do anyone particularly scare you in terms of how you data and track could be used? Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, …?

almost all digital and internet-based sites are intrusive and we dont know how but they can be, among others, facebook is the most obvious, they have ads based on your past searches and make ads suggestions based on your profiles and posts, seems helpful because what you can see on your wall is tailored according to you preferrences, but somehow intrusive if we dig deeper and further investigate facebook.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 09:41:21 AM

Twitter was a bit scary few months. I believe they listens to conversations under the pretext of serving personalized advertisements?  I mentioned a rare word and found it later in my twitter feed as advertisement. I think they stopped this though or maybe because I covered most of the openings on my phone with tapes. .
There is actually no social media platform or website where you have shared your data before that cannot get compromised as far as I am concerned.

Now that everything is digital, you apply for jobs online, you put up applications for a lot of things, you get to register on different platforms for some reasons, and then social media is the in thing, then, with all these kind of things, you data is bound to get leaked from any angle at all, so in this case, I would say this is one of the exposure that the internet brings and it is only left for each individual to know what they want to share and where they want to share it.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
nicster551

Activity: 896
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 10:44:14 AM

Of all the large companies that are now large internet players, do anyone particularly scare you in terms of how you data and track could be used? Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, …?

It is truly scary to put all of your information to those kind of internet companies like facebook. I just don't include all of the information of myself there.
squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 07:30:33 AM

If we're just talking about the three (amazon, facebook and twitter) then I'd say Facebooks has the biggest threat because of all the information they got on us, pictures, conversations and browsing history. Besides that, Facebook has connections with other apps so yhe information they would get from it is pretty dangerous in the wrong hands.

barbara44

Activity: 2394
Merit: 605

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 10:30:49 AM

I'd think facebook is scsry for me because i myself am a heavy user of it and almost all my apps are synced up to it so I don't need to enter my passwords all the time. That being said, there is alot of pertinent dta there about me. Although this data in itself is not important, but combined with others, it's dangerous.
You better watch out bro! You are being monitored and your data is being collected across board. Grin Just kidding though! However, it is still something you always have to take into consideration when it comes to data and with some of the news we have heard in the past about Facebook selling the user's data to highest bidders which to me is highly unethical.

Sure, we can say we share data everywhere and as long as we are on the internet, data are prone to be leaked sometimes, if it gets into the wrong hands, but whichever way, in this case, what can we really do about it?
Rostadom

Activity: 713
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 11:30:59 AM

I'd think facebook is scsry for me because i myself am a heavy user of it and almost all my apps are synced up to it so I don't need to enter my passwords all the time. That being said, there is alot of pertinent dta there about me. Although this data in itself is not important, but combined with others, it's dangerous.
You better watch out bro! You are being monitored and your data is being collected across board. Grin Just kidding though! However, it is still something you always have to take into consideration when it comes to data and with some of the news we have heard in the past about Facebook selling the user's data to highest bidders which to me is highly unethical.

Sure, we can say we share data everywhere and as long as we are on the internet, data are prone to be leaked sometimes, if it gets into the wrong hands, but whichever way, in this case, what can we really do about it?

We can simply do nothing about it. Those data aren't really concerning. The data social media are selling are things like how much teenagers are spending time online or what are the things do they like. Those are data that are collected by your activity by using social media. It's all for marketing so companies would know if what they are selling are going to hit the market or not. If your concerns are your whereabouts, you still have control over your fingers and what you post on social media so pretty much you can just NOT post where you are instead. People like using the hashtag #atm which is quite dangerous in most cases since you might have a stalker especially if you are a girl.

At the end of the day, we really can't do anything about it since social media has become a normal thing in our society. If you don't have a social media, people see you as a hermit or a weirdo. We will always use social media and the key is to not post everything. Be mindful of what you put out there because what you put out on the Internet is there forever.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 01:23:51 PM

Amazon is the most scary company in the whole world. You can talk about oil companies and finance companies all you want but regulations are getting tighter and tighter for them, the more mistakes they do the more punishments and taxes they are getting and after 2008 the finance world has been getting much more careful and conservative whereas after BP oil breach on ocean the oil companies are much more careful as well.

Yet here is amazon, whose workers DIED on company work, whose workers pee on cups so they don't have to go to toilet, whose workers have feet problems from walking 12km A DAY EVERYDAY. I mean amazon is as horrible as it gets, there are many other stuff that casts a bad shadow on them as well.
Zadeket

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 12:24:29 PM

In a transaction such as a bank, car, home loan application, our data must be copied as a requirement, and that doesn't matter. In the internet era, all social media and application owners always ask for our data. And that doesn't matter. The problem is when our data is sold to certain parties for bad purposes, where we as data owners do not know anything.
virtfund

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 03:08:17 PM

We have to careful what we share. Social media sites also collect info about us without our knowledge. At first look, you may think that it is okey but this info can be used against you even after many years.
naturerock

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 03:16:33 PM

Amazon is the most scary company in the whole world. You can talk about oil companies and finance companies all you want but regulations are getting tighter and tighter for them, the more mistakes they do the more punishments and taxes they are getting and after 2008 the finance world has been getting much more careful and conservative whereas after BP oil breach on ocean the oil companies are much more careful as well.

Yet here is amazon, whose workers DIED on company work, whose workers pee on cups so they don't have to go to toilet, whose workers have feet problems from walking 12km A DAY EVERYDAY. I mean amazon is as horrible as it gets, there are many other stuff that casts a bad shadow on them as well.

Yes, Amazon is the scariest company by far.  The government is helping them succeed with tax breaks. Jeff Bezos even works with the CIA!  All those Alexa devices and Amazon tablets are spying on us and recording all our information so it can be sold or used against us.

I know people who have worked at Amazon, the conditions are horrible.  They are constantly being yelled at to work faster and they really do have to pee in bottles, this is not a myth.
raulcollins356

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 03:31:11 PM

Google is also very intruisive. They can even monitor what are you talking about and post commercials adequate to your words.
ThunderCatSteve

Activity: 770
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 12:59:25 PM

Same in business, there are many frauds and scams which we need to stay away but, the Facebook is the best platform for any business ad for now.

Facebook, social medias is one of the sources of the news now and by the Facebook people can easily share news and videos to the public,

Without any filter of this post, the world can be ruin with fake news, the facebook should implement such rules and with just 1 Fake news account is banned and those new Facebook profile can't post anything within a period of time.
awik p

Activity: 1526
Merit: 111

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 01:38:11 PM

Same in business, there are many frauds and scams which we need to stay away but, the Facebook is the best platform for any business ad for now.

Facebook, social medias is one of the sources of the news now and by the Facebook people can easily share news and videos to the public,

Without any filter of this post, the world can be ruin with fake news, the facebook should implement such rules and with just 1 Fake news account is banned and those new Facebook profile can't post anything within a period of time.
of course Facebook becomes a strategic social media, because i think it is a social media with the most users. then it would be better indeed to filter the news from element of lies, so as not to poison many people

nicster551

Activity: 896

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 02:02:51 PM

Simple you don't want to put anything in it to make you a lot of trouble. But since facebook has been in the senate I think it is more safer to use it now.
yurekaa

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 03:10:11 PM

In my opinion. the company maintains the confidentiality of data from customers. they will not commit data theft or data piracy of a customer who has trusted their site. but we must remain vigilant to manage our data in their applications so that our data remains safe. and we must be careful when we fill in the data on their site.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 03:17:19 PM

Simple you don't want to put anything in it to make you a lot of trouble. But since facebook has been in the senate I think it is more safer to use it now.
If Facebook have been able to get personal data from its users without authorization from them I don't think a Senate hearing is going to make it safer to use now. They will just use another way to collect the data that they want without anyone knowing. Facebook is the most dangerous company on this planet.
Rhosadah
Copper Member

Activity: 383
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 03:30:16 PM

all online companies are frightening if they misuse our personal data that we register,
but they are very protective of the privacy of their users.
Junralz

Activity: 532
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 03:48:50 PM

From the very start, everything we input in the computer has the chance to get hack and no one can avoid about it. We just need to be vigilant and be very careful when inputing our data. Let's just hope that the good will always be on top and more programmers will develop about the safe of our data.

█ █          https://BitcoinAir.org          █ █
★    Secure Payment as Light as Air  ★ 
Kusnechik

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 04:44:28 PM

The use of personal data must be strictly controlled. There were several cases where after participating in the ICO, KYC data was publicly available.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: