Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:42:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Companies that are scary  (Read 2417 times)
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 05:19:44 PM

Sometimes i wonder about that as well. I'm kinda afraid how my data and privacy will be used. It doesn't matter if it's for my own good, but well company needs money as well, and i heard that selling our data is not a strange thing anymore to get money.
As long as they don't sell my data for something bad, or suddely involve me in a terrible things. I think it's okay. But it should be better if they keep our privacy and data safe because i would appreciate it more.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stellgod

Activity: 659
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 10:55:26 AM

Of all the large companies that are now large internet players, do anyone particularly scare you in terms of how you data and track could be used? Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, …?

Simple you don't want to put anything in it to make you a lot of trouble. But since facebook has been in the senate I think it is more safer to use it now.
Yes Facebook wouldn’t do such things like selling users info etc., but are you aware that Facebook accounts can be hacked? Although I don’t know if it can be hacked when you’re using 2fa, but accounts without 2fa has been hacked several times thereby giving the hackers charge over your account, which means they are able to go through information that you have set to private. So it’s still not safe on Facebook, keep your private life to yourself and not to the public.
GunsLair

Activity: 644
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 11:07:27 AM

I'm not afraid of any of these companies, as well as any other companies. It all depends on the people themselves, how much information they provide about themselves. We need to fear not the company, but ourselves. For example, when we are going on vacation, we post a photo from the airport, then from the hotel. And thus we make it clear that our housing is currently empty. So this information can be used by some dishonest people. And it is much more real.
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 11:23:49 AM

The tech giants are spying on all of us (Amazon, Google, Apple, Facebook).  I don't believe what Zuckerberg said at the hearing, your data is stored even if you delete your facebook account.  The sad thing is most people don't care enough to do anything.  We are all knowingly carrying around spy devices (phones) that track our every move and what we say.
coinfinger

Activity: 1638
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:36:38 AM

Of all the large companies that are now large internet players, do anyone particularly scare you in terms of how you data and track could be used? Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, …?

Facebook takes record of every of your activities on their platform, although it’s a way for them to know what you’re interested in and be able to place targeted ads. But if you ask me, I would say that every social platform or online platforms are the same, and you should mind what information you’re giving to them. Any platform can get hacked and hackers can steal your information and use it against you. So limit the information you’re giving.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  

Jump to: