Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:59:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you report scam?  (Read 826 times)
Usui-Chan

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:16:11 AM

This site can be the most reliable platform to announce scam ICOs. You can pretty much write a post and include your proof as well to justify why or how was the ICO a scam then people will decide whether it is or not then the community will recognize it as one, depending on the outcome. But be careful with your judgment, you might be accused of something.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fraufreiheit

Activity: 252
Merit: 6

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:21:42 AM

There are so many fake ICOs nowdays, and very often it is not obvious that some project is scam. So if I can not be sure in my opinion I will not say anything to other community members.
And the devs will also do everything to save the reputation of their project, so they usually just "hire" some bountists to stand up for them.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
dobolspeed3

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:08:24 AM

I am confused where we can report fraud. Many fraud happening now Many are harmed when it happens. For example, investors and bountu participants have been harmed by air fraud. Where should we report it when we are deceived
nata1602

Activity: 190
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:11:20 AM

of course we should report, but IMO to many people using word scam and do not really dig into things
Quesdana

Activity: 212

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:20:39 AM

If you find a Project or ICO that looks scammy, what steps do you take to warn the community? Do you just ignore and go on to the next one?

To tell you the truth mate, i have not reported an ICO that is a scam. In the first place how do we know if it is a scam if it is an on going project. We might have a wrong perception on a particular project. We can only knew that a certain ICO is a scam when it is already over and they already had vanished.
helen123

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:35:52 AM

If you find a Project or ICO that looks scammy, what steps do you take to warn the community? Do you just ignore and go on to the next one?

To tell you the truth mate, i have not reported an ICO that is a scam. In the first place how do we know if it is a scam if it is an on going project. We might have a wrong perception on a particular project. We can only knew that a certain ICO is a scam when it is already over and they already had vanished.

agree with you, but we still nedd to check as much as we can before investing

aklaika

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:58:49 AM

I think if it scam I will alert other people to don't trust that
because if we report and this scamers will go back again in other object
So we need to warn other people to be more carefull about scamers
Tenderino

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:09:46 AM

I currently do not look for an ICO investment, so I do not analyse ICO projects and report them if it looks like suspicious. But I regularly read in the scam accusations section here on bitcointalk and have noticed that people report suspicious projects there. So if you have interest in ICO projects, I suggest to first check there.
hendra12

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:12:59 AM

if you want to report, just make thread about a ICO who became scam. so anyone in here can know if that ICO was a scam. and they will thank you to you to make thread like that because that is important.

▰▰   IMPRESSIO.io   ▰▰   THE FUTURE OF INVESTING   ▰▰
✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ And More...
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 02:17:25 AM

Basically pinpoint the scammy aspects of the projects by asking questions that will expose those parts on the community's page or forum.Usually they may not be able to answer or answer unsatisfactorily and that way people will be drawn to the red flags about that project.That works better than screaming'scam' on the page which could get you banned and your message never delivered.

Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:21:37 AM

If it looks scammy just avoid it, unless you have proof that it is a scam then report it to a mod or make a thread.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:22:59 AM

IMO i will report it soon as possible or i will make a post about some ponzi on my social account like twitter and facebook so that my friends can prevent such issue. 'cause those scam is very unpredictable now adays they copying some of the legit,   so much better to make a list of it to assured that we are in a safe site.
satria33

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:24:32 AM

I can share it with others but still have to prove that the project looks scam because without proof you will look stupid
lvincent

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:27:24 AM

On the off chance that I saw an undertaking that resembles a trick I don't generally put such a great amount of thoughtfulness regarding it, i'm simply attempting to caution those individuals who ask my recommendation and furthermore my companions. Cause I truly would prefer not to charge a task that it is a trick perhaps their undertaking just did'nt generally go well and I would prefer not to decimate the campaign administrator of that venture.

kimimaki

Activity: 69

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:31:24 AM

If I believe that it's a ponzi scheme or a scam I will definitely informed to ppl. Something I definitely informed is if :
1. Pyramid model
2. Lending platform.
For other projects I just informed that there is something to be aware of for example if project :
1. Has a team that is not appropriate
2. Websites that mimic or plagiarism from other projects 3. No WP and Roadmap
4. WP imitate or plagiarism from other projects .
I do not dare to say that it's a scam before there is much evidence and it's very supportive if it's a scam.
Erlinda Santiago

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:06:05 AM

When i saw a scammy projects i usually ignored it because i dont usually join projectslike that andsometimes i tell my friends to becareful with that

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Zachwolf

Activity: 121

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:18:49 AM

Yes of course they deserved to be reported so other people will not waste their time joining on that shit ICO. But some ICO succeed on their project yet the bounty is not given for almost 2mos and the developer keep on promising but in the end no one receive the bounty, so I think better to report on social media.

Scammers are normal where ever you go., in business, lifestyle because they are not contented of what they have especially in online business.
bulls3y3

Activity: 103

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:19:40 AM

First thing that i do is reading their white paper if it is not good, i just ignore them. Then finding another ico. Everyone of us has the power to choose, we dont have the power to dictate another persons decision.
tiar4dewie

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:45:30 AM

I will first get some information from some pages on the bounty thread, usually some members will ask if the project indicates a scam. if I am following, I will ignore the task the next day. But not all bounty suspected scam will really scam in the end. These are some cases that my seniors experienced, they actually pay at the end of ICO. and of course this makes regret for completing the task only partly because they initially thought the project was a scam..

Jonnitor

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:49:03 AM

No i dont usually report scam ICO, i let Karma do the thing. if you find something scammy ICO just dont participate in it. Stay away from it to avoid being scammed.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: