Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:58:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you report scam?  (Read 826 times)
kencot

Activity: 151
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:51:40 AM

I prefer not to shout to anyone else, because I was probably wrong. How if the project then be a successful project, if the project definitely a scam then you should inform everybody to avoid the project.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bizonglimang

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:37:44 AM

If you find a Project or ICO that looks scammy, what steps do you take to warn the community? Do you just ignore and go on to the next one?

I may ignore them and go to next one. But now I fine taht is very terrible so from now on I will do something with it.
huanzhong644306

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:46:57 AM

There are too many fake ICO, and a lot of times some projects are not obvious.

Beware of projects that look weird, don't believe them.
CrazyCryppa

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:48:32 AM

They are so prevalent throughout the space that it would take forever to let everyone know whether its a scam or not. I think people should use their judgement to make the decision.
r95222

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:55:54 AM

Often if ICO scam we can to know after ending. And in that moment it's to late. I try to get more info before my participation. If I doubt nothing take part
WNbahr

Activity: 107

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:57:57 AM

If you find a Project or ICO that looks scammy, what steps do you take to warn the community? Do you just ignore and go on to the next one?

I will pay attention and make sure the movement first, if there is really a new scammy indication I leave and tell others especially my close friends to be able to anticipate his actions not to get caught and fall on the losses caused by the trick of the trick.
paramex

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:58:12 AM

of course, if the ICO was certainly a scam then as much as possible immediately reported because so little is tricked and enters into it. therefore be very careful in choosing the ICO.
Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:10:27 AM

If you're worried about friends or investors investing in what you know about the ICO scam then you will immediately give them information. Of course, if this happens, nobody said, You're really upset. So just help, for nothing to prey on ICO scams

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
grumpylittlepoodle

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 07:17:27 AM

You can always warn them through the comment sections of the thread of that ICO itself. I was once saved by people in the comment sections post a lot of comments about how the ICO I was  about to join was a scam for a reason with a fake team profile and so on which I was very relieved to be not part of.

sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:21:22 AM

It is mostly difficult to know for sure of a scam, early enough to warn others, but we can create an awareness through our doubts, asking others to give an opinion or experience stating for or otherwise. This not only saves defamation of a good project, it helps investors too. Not to voice your fears or doubts deprives everybody, so one should definitely word their doubts, not an outright declaration screaming scam!
kiver

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:28:54 AM

I don't think you can report scams in crypto world because it's not that easy either you get hawked or you get out safe and the best thing to avoid that scam related projects is to research the whole project angels before you even think about inventing and also watch out for community responses about such project because nigative and postive comment based on facts could really help in these situaion
meldrio1

Activity: 1358

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:33:39 AM

Well sometimes I report but mostly I don't, I just ignore them and go find the next ICO that looks legit for me, but if you have a friend or your family that like to invest in ICO just warn them if you find scam ICO.

RokokGudangGaram

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:33:45 AM

if I myself do not, because I have never been a fraud before, so hopefully and big families bitcoiner in avoid by crime in work

rajatjain

Activity: 210
Merit: 16

Decentralize $15-Trillion Global Trade Industry

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:51:35 AM

I post about the project in their very own bitcointalk forum and i give my reasons as to why it is a scam and what the community should ask the team if they do not trust mine. I was the first one which called graphene power a scam and yet people continued to invest in it, bounty hunters continued to spread the evil! At last when their very own bounty didn't got delivered, it was then they come to their senses. Warning a community is every sane investor's job and the rest you need to leave it to people to go with their own judgment. No convincing them or spoon feeding as to why its a scam.

maman09

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:06:26 AM

depending on the case we are facing, I must be absolutely sure first that the project is a scam. we can not act without evidence of strong enough evidence, because there is a fatal effect if we are mistaken. because it involves pollution. so, will not be the same depending on the case we are facing.
almtu

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:09:21 AM

Scam ICOs wasn't look scammy rather it looks sometimes more truthful than the true ICO. More will notice that it is a scam after the campaign for not paying the bounty hunters and not giving the coins to the investors. That's why they didn't report coz of not knowing the true color.
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:09:35 AM

I warn people from social media and some telegram/whatsapp channels. i try to warn as much people as i can. but the issue is if i understand that they are scam probably they are not expert scammers  Smiley There are professional ones that it is really so hard to detect them  Smiley
Kallipso

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:16:46 AM
Merited by rajatjain (1)

Well, these can be seen immediately and immediately need to warn people about this, because we are all one big family. But unsubstantiated allegations are also fraught with consequences.
LeoSys

Activity: 40
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 09:42:45 AM

If I see a scam(but I cant say that this is totally scam, for example some ICO - it cant be scam before the team takes money and leave investors alone)
I go to the topic on bitcointalk and ask some questions about the project. And all who reads the answers make their own decision depending on what they see. I think this is the best way to clear out the scam coins
If i see an ICO that looks scam, I will just move on ( 90% of actual ICO's looks scam to me anyway). Digging deep analyzing takes me time and time is money in my case.
I really don't have time to check all ICO's to see if they are scams (maybe it's just may opinion and they are legit after all).

Instead of spending time analyzing and making waves for a potential scam project, I prefer to focus to find profitable ICO's to invest in. But maybe it's just me, i know what I want. I have bigger goals in life.
Thyaga

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:45:23 AM

I do not care as long as the project does not scam me, but if the project scam me, I will report it.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: