Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:37:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you report scam?  (Read 826 times)
LeoSys

Activity: 40
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 09:48:32 AM

If you find a Project or ICO that looks scammy, what steps do you take to warn the community? Do you just ignore and go on to the next one?

I do not care as long as the project does not scam me, but if the project scam me, I will report it.

Maybe it's too late when you report it. The OP idea was to spot scammy ICO's before actual scam happen. If you report after that, it's worthless.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Risna99

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:56:07 AM

I think for our fellow bitcoiner there should be a sense of dividing the other fellow in the science of blockchain or things that we do not want, for example some kind of fraud or the science that also others to share another fellow.

Longfellow27

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:57:45 AM

If you find a Project or ICO that looks scammy, what steps do you take to warn the community? Do you just ignore and go on to the next one?

I think there are forum rules on this. But if it really looks like a scam I think it's better to report such project as it may just ruin the integrity of the site. Who else would want to call bitcointalk.org a forum for scammers? None I guess, so it's better to let everyone else know about them.
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:00:01 AM
Merited by rajatjain (1)

You should report it, in our community scammer has no place to be, we do not want anyone of us to be scam because i know the to be scammed by someone. Also leason learn do not deal with somebody without using escrow because using third party will lessen the risk of every transaction.

Right now there are many scammer launching ico because in this meyhod they can easily collect the trust of many investor by posting good and better site and white paper with a solid team that is why be careful in investing in ico.

I recommend to avoid such personal message from one of the team of ico because the legit ico will never do personal message to other user asking you to invest in their ico, they have a telegram channel to show transparency to all participant of their ico. Goodluck to all of us.
bisdak40

Activity: 2268
Merit: 547

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:02:07 AM

If i found a scammy ICO, of course i will warn the community. But how can we detect it whether it is scam or not. We read white paper to know how good the project is, not to detect if it is a scam.
Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:02:46 AM

I can tell my friends via social media for example. There is no centralized resource where such information can be placed. So we need to spread this sort of information as wide as possible.

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
DmitriySar

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:05:38 AM

If I have enough facts to explain the suspicions of fraud, I will share information with you. If suspicions without facts, I'll just pass by.
tera2206

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:25:02 AM

Ecли y мeня бyдeт дocтaтoчнo ocнoвaний пoлaгaть чтo ICO oбмaнщики,  я oб этoм cooбщy нa этoм фopyмe + cдeлaю пocт в cвoeм твиттepe, чтo бы мoи дpyзья yзнaли!!!

___ dock.io _______Decentralized professional data exchange powered by Ethereum_______
WHITEPAPER     █ █ █ █     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     █ █ █ █     ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ● ⚫ ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Jaemouns

Activity: 274

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:32:46 AM

I must good to share to this furom to make people aware to that project.
That is the right idea to share if you have notice that there is a scammer to make as awareness of all people. Scammers is so intelligent but as our helped and teamwork we should avoid with this one and make sure that they can't damage to everyone of us here.
Pain Packer

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:39:44 AM

I am ignoring these projects, too much scam nowadays. Also, people are not obliged to listen to my words, I am just some person from the Internet.

Even though they are not obliged to listen, you should still tell them if it is a scam or not. At least it will give them a reason to think before investing in scam ICO.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
crestella

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:48:27 AM

Do you report scam ? Yes we must report fraud to moderator otherwise he can be as good his deceive other victims her, and we have to spread the news his where where so that he caught and not hurt people again.
boboking

Activity: 224
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:55:09 AM

There is no official department or ministry to report it to.  If you are talking about reporting in the forum, as of now i still do not invest on a suspicious ICO but if i became a victim 100% i will post it in the forum so they cant victimize othet investor. We are just one community and reporting a scam ICO will surely make the community avoid the scam.
novaprime

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

UniDApp - it's DeFi time!

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:02:31 AM

Yes it will be a very good solution for all members of the bitcointalk forum. we will dodge them. But how to identify a fraudulent project? I really do not know much about identifying a fraudulent project.
Can you give me the most accurate answer? I will be very grateful to you for that.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
Ferber

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 11:13:06 AM

Yes I do reports of course to prevent people got scamed. I feel like Im a member of big bitcointalk forum family, so its normal to tell people about scam coins.
afterdark

Activity: 395
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:20:03 AM

To warn the community, you must have good evidence of fraud. Just your opinion is not enough and it does not interest anyone. I often see topics where good and honest projects are accused of fraud. It's just a hatred for the project or for the manager. If there is no confirmation, then it is better not to do so.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:26:45 AM

I can write about my suspicions in the thread of a project. But I will not discourage people from participating in this project because I can not know for sure whether they are fraudsters or not. I can be wrong too.

xindoa

Activity: 194
Merit: 12

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 11:31:49 AM

ofcourse i also like that now you can report pump and dump groups. they are giving crypto a bad name. we need to help eachother in this brutal world of crypto

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
boss1dg

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:58:40 AM

Me too found some scam projects without any team info or with fake team profile .
but i dont know any site where i can report them .

i just only share that info within my friend circle .

mardhika

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 12:32:37 PM

if I find a scam ico project I will definitely report it, so that others do not follow the project. because I pity who participated the project, already tired doing the task but they do not pay

Julia1992

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:46:56 PM

Well, of course, as a normal person, I will warn others, on the forum in other networks! if there are those who noticed scammers and are silent and quietly coming out of the ICO, I do not even know how to call it ... nasty .... this is the most adequate thing that comes to mind !!!

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: