Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:38:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you report scam?  (Read 826 times)
randegibran

Activity: 882
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:39:23 PM

Well i just ignore their projects, ico investors must be aware of those scam projects because it's really up to them if they should invest or not research will be a great help.
yes if I was better to suggest it to my friends to be more careful again in choosing a project, because every project is not necessarily successful all, there will certainly be a scam project, and we can not know it directly

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mey466

Activity: 368
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:46:38 PM

this is not in silence if I find it I immediately report it to the moderator and write in the thread to be read by the community about the project or the ICO scam
Rasa nanas

Activity: 1386
Merit: 107

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:05:43 PM

I told others not to go into the project and I tried to learn it first so that later to know the project is just deceiving. or I just ignore it.

The Young Turk
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1013

DAVID CHAUM's xx coin SALE IS NOW LIVE!

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:18:56 PM

Where do you report scams? Which authorities? Governments don't look out for them. They just ban them all if they want.
It cost too much to investigate all projects. Who will fund this? Everybody should make their own research.

███████                   
                      ██████████                        ██       
                       ████████████                  ███       
                                ██████████           █████       
                                        ███████      ██████         
██████                  ███████     ████
████████                ██████     ██   
██████████        ████████           
███████████    █████████           
████████    ████████

███████    ████████       
              ██████    █████████████ 
          █████████      ███████████ 
      ███████████          █████████ 
██████████████                       
████████████████                       
███████      ████████████           
██████        ████████████           
████                ██████████           

.xx-coin.io.

DAVID CHAUM's xx coin SALE IS NOW LIVE!

Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:20:54 PM

Of course information like this must be spread out of the public to help friends and decrease criminality, so sad if there are much victims. And after you have much proof and you have to report it. Think how much people you sav.

kyle999

Activity: 475
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:22:21 PM

It is also a must to report when a bounty campaign and an affair are also the people here that promote their business and the value of their tokens.
gohan21

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:34:13 PM

so it's better if you rank high with the bounty campaign they run because they are sure and for sure it's not a scam so it's best to choose the best ico, especially for ico investors.
fitzzz

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:41:11 PM

its good to tell to others you have encounter a scammy projects.. tell your friend or put a comment on the thread..
orka39

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:46:37 PM

If you find a Project or ICO that looks scammy, what steps do you take to warn the community? Do you just ignore and go on to the next one?

How we can make sure wheater the project is really scam or not? How if wea are wrong to say scam to legit project? It can kill the project itself.
If i know how to make sure it, i will not go to the next one directly, first i warn my friend not to invest then this forum at the second.

Vaflia

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:52:04 PM

If I find a scam project I first try to gather evidence and after that try to warn the community.

wuclx

Activity: 447
Merit: 153

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:55:46 PM

Thing is, bitcointalk is full of scams meanwhile. Everyone and their mom are creating premined tokens left and right. We need to find a way to avoid distraction from the actually interesting information.
xKARELx

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:57:39 PM

Yes, I just take it and move on to another company, since there's no point in screaming that the company is bad and should not join in. Each member has his own head on his shoulders and he decides what he needs to do!
cryptodagger

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

Stable coin to make charity free for everyone

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:59:28 PM

If you find a Project or ICO that looks scammy, what steps do you take to warn the community? Do you just ignore and go on to the next one?

I a usually report the scammers in moderators,but i am posting in the relevant thread discussion about how these scammers are doing or what is their identity,so people will be able to know how these scammers planning to scam a lot of newbies in bitcointalk,especially when an ICO is a scam,or even the bounties some of these are scammers.

BogdanGFTP

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:02:05 PM

I just go to learn another project. Time is money, sir
MartoValenti

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:14:54 PM

It's a little tricky to report a scam, because of a lot of things. Mainly, because this is your own oppinion regarding a given project. For me, it is better not to report a scam, but to write in the forum regarding what you think is scam in a project and to debate it with the other participants in the forum. You cannot always know everything and in the end something that looks scam in the beginning, in the end could happend to be the new best thing...
dewynijhof

Activity: 292
Merit: 11

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:55:20 PM

i think there are many cases that even when we know that ICO is a scam, it is still not easy for us to convince people to believe in what we said, however we have the responsibillity to protect ourself and community from negative effects of ICOs, reporting to Everybody in this Forum is the way we can do to warn people about the ICO, showing evidences or telling it to Media pages like Telegram or Twitter, they may don't have much result but at least we can warn some investors careful with their investment.

Olena9797

Activity: 448

https://auditchain.com

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:18:12 PM

I sit in different Telegram groups. We are like one big community. So yes, if i find scum i will tell them. And they will do the same) After a few members write articles about scummed ICO to let all people know

PancherBitCoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 317

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:27:15 PM

I sit in different Telegram groups. We are like one big community. So yes, if i find scum i will tell them. And they will do the same) After a few members write articles about scummed ICO to let all people know
However, that our community is large enough, very many abuse some advantages. But there's nothing to be done, because it's the world that everyone is trying to survive in their own way.
Gelesko

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:07:35 PM

I haven' informed yet and haven't warned anyone! I haven't got a lot of experience and I cannot tell straight away, whether the project is scam! Right now I have a few projects, that I think are scam and I'am still working on them, because I am not sure whether they are scam! Anyway once I get enough experience, I would definitely inform people!
The project's that I work on and pretty sure they are scam are AGT - Social Media Platform on the Blockchain by Argent, CryptoPuppies.Land not quite sure, but likely and Xandracoin (facebook campaign)- Ultra-Fast Decentralized Digital Currency Bounty campaign! Xandracoin launched facebook campaign and after first week, they written in the thread, that facebook campaign is finished! I suppose I should get stakes for my first week work and I asked them whether I will get my stakes for the first week and I get no replies! In their Telegram group, I can only participate, but can't ask a questions! I'am not very worried, but it's quite upsetting and I think it's disrespect to us (bounty hunters).
Well that's all for now and I hope we get less scam projects! Good luck to us and our projects

InGODweTrast3

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:12:53 PM

I am think need to share observations, but we should not forget that sometimes we are wrong too!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: