Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:33:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you report scam?  (Read 826 times)
waitforme

Activity: 618
Merit: 100

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 02:46:30 PM

If you find a Project or ICO that looks scammy, what steps do you take to warn the community? Do you just ignore and go on to the next one?

If you only have doubts about the project and you think it might be the scam you can post a topic here so people can discuss it. But if that project is not a scam, it's terrible news that the wrong information could have a negative impact on the project and the plan might fail because of the information you provided.

TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
serkhio

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 02:49:58 PM

For my own experience, I only reported the scammer once in the telegram group. This guy put a fake airdrop information, and I reported that to the admin in the group. The admin banned this guy immediately.
BTW, I have no experience reporting the scammer in the bitcointalk forum.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Bastime

Activity: 519
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 02:54:18 PM

If you find a Project or ICO that looks scammy, what steps do you take to warn the community? Do you just ignore and go on to the next one?

I never report scam and I didn't ever reported any scams that I encountered. It's just that, I don't care to other people after me. It's up to them if they will spend time on research on how to know and spot that the ICO or a Crypto project is scam and bogus or not.
When I found out that the ICO and a project is a scam I just trying to stay away from them and I didn't tried to hit key buttons of my keyboard to do any reports in order others will know...
I just don't wanna waste time on that, and I also thinking that I was wrong so, for me, it's better saying nothing than creating buzz.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

Scavagers

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:12:38 PM

If I will encounter an ICO that looks like a scam, I will call my friend who knows a lot in the world of cryptocurrency, I will ask if this ico should be trusted or not. If I saw something like that I will just simply do not participate and I will probably do not go report them because I do not know how to and I think it will just waste my time instead of spending it into something valuable. I will also tell people I know so that they will be alerted and can not be victimized by scams.
drakegon

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:14:31 PM

The best thing to do when you find a scam coin is to make a post here on the forum and post the proof. When other people are gonna google search that ICO, they will eventually find out the scam information you provided.
We must be united as a community.
cryptotnak

Activity: 194

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:21:00 PM

Yes reporting these people to mod so they can easily get banned from this forum,plus i am exposing these scammers to the relevant dicussions so if most of the people will know or be educated on how to spot these scammers,we can help each other so our community would be scam-free.These people shouldnt be given any chance because they are stealing other's hard earned money.

Pechalka

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:23:43 PM

Alert everybody in the telegram group so that everybody will be aware.

I think this is not enough, because anyhow the scammer can collect huge money, would be nice if the forum administration can ban Announcements thread of this "project"

drogas

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:24:45 PM

A lot of people are too lazy but I think reporting scams is always a good idea, even if it might be a little time consuming.
trudovik

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:29:25 PM

To be honest, I think that this is not really necessary, because very few people actually analyze the information about the project before investing. But in general this is a very good thing
HELLOFF

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:42:30 PM

To be honest, I think that this is not really necessary, because very few people actually analyze the information about the project before investing. But in general this is a very good thing
you are absolutely right in analyzing other people's projects. That's just still come across negative but also people can make mistakes. Although I know that some projects and resources are engaged in the analysis of the company. I hope for their quality work.
DemLom

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 10:12:38 PM

I have not yet gotten to such companies, but sometimes I saw that some people warn that they are crooks and such companies, I obviously do not spend my time and money
myrliska1313

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 10:30:13 PM

I don't know much about ICO, of course I would like more knowledgeable users to help people like me, but alas, the competition gives its own results, not so many people who really want to help each other. Tongue
lamadu3

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:58:06 PM

Unfortunately, high-level scammers can not always be recognized. Now scammers have moved to a new level and are trying to carefully think through their project so that inexperienced people can not expose them.
Pechalka

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:02:19 PM

A lot of people are too lazy but I think reporting scams is always a good idea, even if it might be a little time consuming.

do you have any idea where and how to apply? I also would to add one project add for scam review.
but one more time, I think the forum administration has to ban scam project or we have to create a google form and add there and all community have to make tweets and repost this info

LeroyBro

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:04:45 PM

do you have any idea where and how to apply? I also would to add one project add for scam review.
but one more time, I think the forum administration has to ban scam project or we have to create a google form and add there and all community have to make tweets and repost this info

i wholeheartedly agree about the scam projects but i also wished they would enforce their policies on spam.

i swear i see at least 3 or 4 threads about viberate daily.

============== Interested in ICOs ==============
13ex07

Activity: 322

Thank you for +Merit

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:13:51 PM

It's becoming hopeless. On so many occasions i've tried warning people, making posts and talking in their forums, there three outcomes:

1) The most ideal situation, people listen to you
2) Your post gets deleted/moderated, or actively buried by said coin's puppets
3) People are so invested, they attain bag-holder status, and will do everything to reject your statements and avoid it altogether.
I completely agree. I also had difficulties. I have created a subject, but I was heard. Though proofs to skam were very strong. I have in vain spent time. I consider that such information should be placed there where it will be estimated.

|▌    DAOX    《   Create & Manage Fundraising DAOs   》    DAOX    ▐|
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰◤       The product is LIVE       ◥☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
WEB-SITE    BUY DXC NOW    BOUNTY & AIRDROPS    ANN THREAD   
helga22richter

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:23:05 PM

I think, we must tell others if we have a confirmed information. In such way we can help each other and we'll be better informed. Noone wants to lose his money.
arienna23

Activity: 221
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:26:27 PM

I've fallen for a few scams. My lottery and gambling addiction didn't help with that. There should really be some competent scam police some day
coinholic

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 10:53:09 PM

I definitely will if I came across with one. It is our responsibility or obligation as members of this forum and the crypto system as a whole, to warn our brothers and sisters of such activity. We should not neglect/ignore such occurrence because many will be victimized. If we don't want to be scammed, then we should feel the same for others.

Bouli

Activity: 616
Merit: 104

https://t.me/Zenzo_Telegram

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 10:57:21 PM

I mostly ignore it... when i take the effort to sort things out with facts and it turns out to be a scam, nobody listens. So why should i bother to do so much effort.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: