Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:10:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your favourite drugs? And describe how they feel  (Read 185 times)
alia (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 115

Lowest EVER interest lending! (Use escrow always)

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:07:26 AM

I'm interested in weed, LSD, Xanax, Addy, shrooms and so on. Never tried them and would love some advice/feedback before buying them

Lowest interest lending in bitcointalk history. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2846750.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vikhy

Activity: 387
Merit: 13

1ndiaSPqmqRUBXK79chY9Merz5AZrSu6y

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 07:44:59 AM

Divalent Oxygen....Makes me feels alive.

░▒▓█  x42 Protocol ░▒▓█ ▬ Feeless ▬Smart Contracts▬ C#▬ Proof-Of-Stake  ▬ Sidechains ▬ dApps ▬
Our website! Whitepaper! Twitter! Facebook! Reddit! Discord!Telegram!
1993jochico

Activity: 364
Merit: 46

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:50:26 AM

LOVE its feels very good, but in the end the pain that you will feel is very very bad.  Wink

somehow WEED, it feels like your drunk, hungry, drain,  and flying.

kat22

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:52:51 AM

I don't like using drugs!!!
chubbyTubby

Activity: 27
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:56:04 AM

I like codeine. It gives a nice buzz without leaving you unable to work.
alia (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:11:15 PM

Doctor here. Obviously don't do drugs. Having said that...

Weed is great. Everyone loves weed. Side effects include friendliness, laughter, hunger and relaxation. It is not that addictive, and not that harmful. Recommended.

LSD is super interesting, but be careful. It is starting to have some applications in treating depression, anxiety, PTSD, etc. Cool stuff. Not usually addictive. Lots of bad side effects though, including acute psychosis. Be cautious.

Benzodiazepines (e.g. xanax) are alright. Not much in the way of side effects. Make you super chilled the first few times, but most people rapidly develop tolerance (i.e. they stop having noticeable effects), and some then go on to develop dependence. Use sparingly.

Adderall is an amphetamine (chemically speaking, it is one -CH3 group away from crystal meth). The list of side effects is a long as your arm, including a variety of painful ways to die. Not worth it.

Psilocybin (active ingredient in mushrooms) is kind of similar to LSD. Side effects similar to LSD, and tolerance develops rapidly, but also disappears rapidly if you stop taking them for a while. Again, just be careful.

Stay the fuck away from opiates (including "weak" ones like codeine). They will ruin your life and/or kill you. Codeine actually has no pharmacological effects itself. It is pretty rapidly metabolised in the liver to morphine, and it is the morphine that acts on your cells. Opiates are addictive as fuck. It starts with a few codeine tablets. Then they stop working. Then you take more. Then THEY stop working. Then you can't get your hands on enough. So then you move to morphine - that's fine, it's just a different pill, right? Then rinse and repeat. Then oxycodone or hydrocodone - it's not like you are injecting, so that's ok, isn't it?  You don't know any more. You don't care. Why not just a little heroin then? It's a tenth of the price for the same hit. Injecting isn't that bad, is it? Before you know it you have Hepatitis C and you are sucking off a dude with 3 teeth called "Stretch" in a back alley somewhere for your next hit. Just don't do it.

But obviously, as a doctor, don't do any drugs.

Thank you! Luckily, due to my location, I can only do drugs in foreign places, thus it is physically impossible for me to get addicted to anything. Great advice, I really appreciate it.

Lowest interest lending in bitcointalk history. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2846750.0
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 01:41:05 PM

I'm interested in weed, LSD, Xanax, Addy, shrooms and so on. Never tried them and would love some advice/feedback before buying them

Well, since you asked:  I don’t do drugs.  If I did drugs, I would not have the technical prowess and writing ability which together have earned me 427 merit (and counting) within 18 days of active posting—numbers which currently put me as #5 on this list, whilst still at Member rank with 98 activity.

N.b., I am here discussing drugs which are strongly mind-altering (“get you high”).  Contra much propaganda on the subject, there is a reason why certain things technically categorized as “drugs” are separated from others.  I can sum up the matter succinctly, by example:  In NASA’s Mission Control room during the Apollo missions, there was always a forest of half-empty coffee cups and overflowing (tobacco cigarette) ashtrays.  After a long shift in one of the world’s highest-pressure intellectual jobs, I’d guess that some of those guys probably went for beers after work, too.  But I guarantee you that not one of them ever “did drugs” in the sense people mean that—and moreover that if they had, then man never would have set foot on the moon.

To be clear, I’m also not what I contemptuously call a “Drug Warrior”.  There is a commonplace false dichotomy which pushes people to either condone drug use, or support idiotic régimes of laws which start by trying to stop people from willfully destroying themselves, and end by trying to ban strong crypto because (oh no!) drug dealers might use the tool of cryptography just as they use cars, postal scales, etc., etc.  Meanwhile, drug laws in the form they exist today do little except help make drugs “cool”.  There’s nothing beneficial about them.

Thus, speaking here only as to personal decisions and social mores:

If you say about drugs, “Never tried them”, then I say, good for you.  I’ve also never tried stabbing my own eye with a fork; it’s an experience I can do without.  My opinion on this matter is quite strong.  I’ve written about this before; I will here quote only a brief excerpt, but I encourage you to read the whole thing:

What some people just do not get:  Before there were drug laws, there was no drug culture.  Libertarians, hippies, and Drug-Warriors all share the same blind spot here.

[...]

Bitcoin shows no mercy for those who lose their private keys.  You have ultimate power over your own, and ultimate responsibility for yourself.  Mess up, and you will lose everything—nobody can help you.  There seems to be a lesson there.

You have only one body.  You have only one brain.  Mess those up intentionally, and you will lose everything.  Have a nice trip! ☠

That’s my “advice/feedback”.  You’re bright.  You’re pretty.  You know how to have plenty of fun without drugs, to rather understate the matter (and as you may have noticed—so do I).  You have a knack for Bitcoin.  And consistently with your interest in Bitcoin, you evidently desire a self-directed life.  You have so much going for you.  Please make the right decisions, and don’t mess it all up like an irrevocable spend of your whole wallet to a burn address.

Drugs are 1111111111111111111114oLvT2 for your hopes and dreams and plans for the future.

(Note:  I wish I’d seen this earlier.  I’m watching your posts, as I said I would; but I just glance over the top of the list from time to time, and a short one sometimes gets missed between others.)

alia (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:47:10 PM

Well, since you asked:  I don’t do drugs.  If I did drugs, I would not have the technical prowess and writing ability which together have earned me 427 merit (and counting) within 18 days of active posting—numbers which currently put me as #5 on this list, whilst still at Member rank with 98 activity.

N.b., I am here discussing drugs which are strongly mind-altering (“get you high”).  Contra much propaganda on the subject, there is a reason why certain things technically categorized as “drugs” are separated from others.  I can sum up the matter succinctly, by example:  In NASA’s Mission Control room during the Apollo missions, there was always a forest of half-empty coffee cups and overflowing (tobacco cigarette) ashtrays.  After a long shift in one of the world’s highest-pressure intellectual jobs, I’d guess that some of those guys probably went for beers after work, too.  But I guarantee you that not one of them ever “did drugs” in the sense people mean that—and moreover that if they had, then man never would have set foot on the moon.

To be clear, I’m also not what I contemptuously call a “Drug Warrior”.  There is a commonplace false dichotomy which pushes people to either condone drug use, or support idiotic régimes of laws which start by trying to stop people from willfully destroying themselves, and end by trying to ban strong crypto because (oh no!) drug dealers might use the tool of cryptography just as they use cars, postal scales, etc., etc.  Meanwhile, drug laws in the form they exist today do little except help make drugs “cool”.  There’s nothing beneficial about them.

Thus, speaking here only as to personal decisions and social mores:

If you say about drugs, “Never tried them”, then I say, good for you.  I’ve also never tried stabbing my own eye with a fork; it’s an experience I can do without.  My opinion on this matter is quite strong.  I’ve written about this before; I will here quote only a brief excerpt, but I encourage you to read the whole thing:

What some people just do not get:  Before there were drug laws, there was no drug culture.  Libertarians, hippies, and Drug-Warriors all share the same blind spot here.

[...]

Bitcoin shows no mercy for those who lose their private keys.  You have ultimate power over your own, and ultimate responsibility for yourself.  Mess up, and you will lose everything—nobody can help you.  There seems to be a lesson there.

You have only one body.  You have only one brain.  Mess those up intentionally, and you will lose everything.  Have a nice trip! ☠

That’s my “advice/feedback”.  You’re bright.  You’re pretty.  You know how to have plenty of fun without drugs, to rather understate the matter (and as you may have noticed—so do I).  You have a knack for Bitcoin.  And consistently with your interest in Bitcoin, you evidently desire a self-directed life.  You have so much going for you.  Please make the right decisions, and don’t mess it all up like an irrevocable spend of your whole wallet to a burn address.

Drugs are 1111111111111111111114oLvT2 for your hopes and dreams and plans for the future.

(Note:  I wish I’d seen this earlier.  I’m watching your posts, as I said I would; but I just glance over the top of the list from time to time, and a short one sometimes gets missed between others.)

Thanks for the advice! I'd like to think of myself as someone with a decent amount of self-control, and in addition to that, most of my holidays are for 1-2 weeks. Back in Singapore, carrying even a few grams of weed by accident leads to a mandatory death sentence without trial, so I wouldn't dream of doing any drugs there. My physical circumstances disallow me from becoming addicted to any drugs (for now). I've heard great things about drugs and definitely want to have that experience at least once - I'm willing to accept what a single use of a drug does to me, and I've promised myself not to use dangerous drugs too often, if I am ever in a situation where I won't be killed for it. imo, it's a bit unfair to myself if I don't give myself an experience that is likened to an orgasm, but better.

nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 01:54:34 PM

imo, it's a bit unfair to myself if I don't give myself an experience that is likened to an orgasm, but better.

Well, they’re wrong about that.  Oh, Alia, the only thing better than an orgasm is an orgasm while doing Bitcoin.  You game?

(Logically, assuming arguendo that there be such a thing, would you give yourself an experience better than an orgasm—and only do that once, ever?)

alia (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:57:55 PM

imo, it's a bit unfair to myself if I don't give myself an experience that is likened to an orgasm, but better.

Well, they’re wrong about that.  Oh, Alia, the only thing better than an orgasm is an orgasm while doing Bitcoin.  You game?

(Logically, assuming arguendo that there be such a thing, would you give yourself an experience better than an orgasm—and only do that once, ever?)

That's a very good point. I just really, really want to try it. If it is indeed as good as people say, well, I can't get more anyway. And I also think I'll be able to control myself. I know how amazing chocolate fudge cake and hawaiian pizza tastes like, but in order to maintain my health and fitness I am able to abstain from those pleasures, and indulge in them only every once in a while

nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 02:39:10 PM

That's a very good point. I just really, really want to try it. If it is indeed as good as people say, well, I can't get more anyway. And I also think I'll be able to control myself. I know how amazing chocolate fudge cake and hawaiian pizza tastes like, but in order to maintain my health and fitness I am able to abstain from those pleasures, and indulge in them only every once in a while

Alia, I certainly don’t mind talking to you about this, if you want; but also, I’m not trying to debate you (as would many people who disapprove of drugs).  I want to make that clear.

I wanted to provide you some food for thought.  You’ve probably only heard arguments from two sides:  The “drugs are better than orgasms” side, and what I will too generously and much too mercifully call the anti-fun side.  I infer this, because I’ve been there, too, when I was your age.  (I won’t disclose my age, due to pseudonymity; but I’ve already much discussed cryptographic cypherpunk stuff I did in the 90s, so...)  Well, I don’t presume too much when I posit that I think differently than anyone you ever met.

By analogy:  The very first time I ever used what people call a “bad word” on this forum was in our ciphersex thread.  There, I use such words anatomically and literally—not cursing anyone out, but quite to the contrary.  Whereas if you’ve checked my post history or followed some of the links in my initial letter to you, then you know that with my pen as my sword, I can casually whip out an insult which I don’t doubt leaves its recipient boiling over with humiliated, impotent rage.  Most people just say, “f— you!!!”, which is dishwater-weak by comparison.  When I tell you, Alia, that I am going to fuck you—well, that’s quite a different matter, now isn’t it.

Both on the drug issue and quite generally, I can suggest to you ways of looking at things which you’ve never heard anywhere else.  Let me know if you want to chat.

In brief, I should add:  I obviously like to have fun—and I don’t give a damn about what others think of me, other than those few who earn my respect.  Yet I myself have observed that the best “better than orgasm” pleasure available in this world is to create something, and be successful at it.  Whether it’s a piece of Bitcoin software, or for that matter—babies.  N.b., I could help you with both.

Cheers.

alia (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:23:20 PM

Alia, I certainly don’t mind talking to you about this, if you want; but also, I’m not trying to debate you (as would many people who disapprove of drugs).  I want to make that clear.

I wanted to provide you some food for thought.  You’ve probably only heard arguments from two sides:  The “drugs are better than orgasms” side, and what I will too generously and much too mercifully call the anti-fun side.  I infer this, because I’ve been there, too, when I was your age.  (I won’t disclose my age, due to pseudonymity; but I’ve already much discussed cryptographic cypherpunk stuff I did in the 90s, so...)  Well, I don’t presume too much when I posit that I think differently than anyone you ever met.

By analogy:  The very first time I ever used what people call a “bad word” on this forum was in our ciphersex thread.  There, I use such words anatomically and literally—not cursing anyone out, but quite to the contrary.  Whereas if you’ve checked my post history or followed some of the links in my initial letter to you, then you know that with my pen as my sword, I can casually whip out an insult which I don’t doubt leaves its recipient boiling over with humiliated, impotent rage.  Most people just say, “f— you!!!”, which is dishwater-weak by comparison.  When I tell you, Alia, that I am going to fuck you—well, that’s quite a different matter, now isn’t it.

Both on the drug issue and quite generally, I can suggest to you ways of looking at things which you’ve never heard anywhere else.  Let me know if you want to chat.

In brief, I should add:  I obviously like to have fun—and I don’t give a damn about what others think of me, other than those few who earn my respect.  Yet I myself have observed that the best “better than orgasm” pleasure available in this world is to create something, and be successful at it.  Whether it’s a piece of Bitcoin software, or for that matter—babies.  N.b., I could help you with both.

Cheers.

>Both on the drug issue and quite generally, I can suggest to you ways of looking at things which you’ve never heard anywhere else.  Let me know if you want to chat.

Yeah I'd love to hear that tbh

>In brief, I should add:  I obviously like to have fun—and I don’t give a damn about what others think of me, other than those few who earn my respect.  Yet I myself have observed that the best “better than orgasm” pleasure available in this world is to create something, and be successful at it.  Whether it’s a piece of Bitcoin software, or for that matter—babies.  N.b., I could help you with both.

Very well said

alia (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:25:04 PM

Nullius, I agree and disagree with various points you raise across this thread and the one to which you linked. Allow me to try to flesh out my position.

Firstly, I agree drugs should be legalised. People should be free to do what they want with their bodies, provided they do not impact on the wellbeing others, including obvious things like stealing and violence, but also less obvious things like using your disability/welfare check to buy drugs or driving up healthcare costs. I abhor addicts, but if you want to ruin your life on drugs, we shouldn't be wasting tax money and policy time on stopping you, provided you do not infringe or impact on anyone else.

I also agree with your points about nicotine, caffeine and tobacco. The reason drugs are classified as they are is largely historical. If alcohol was discovered today, it would at least be a Schedule II drug. I would refer you to the following paper: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17382831. The authors ranked a number of drugs on the following nine parameters:

Parameter
Physical harmOneAcute
TwoChronic
ThreeIntravenous Harm
DependenceFourIntensity of Pleasure
FivePsychological dependence
SixPhysical dependence
Social harmsSevenIntoxication
EightOther social harms
NineHealth-care costs

It produced some interesting results (the A, B and C class is using the British System, roughly equivalent to Schedule I, II and III in the US):

Interesting to see that cannabis, ecstasy and LSD all rank below tobacco and well below alcohol. If you are really interested and can't access the paper, fire me a PM a I can arrange to send you a copy.

In my experience, if someone is interested enough in drugs to seek them out, just telling them "no" is not helpful. It ends the discussion, but it does not end their curiosity. People will continue to use drugs whether allowed to or not - the best thing we can do is it make it as safe as possible for them. It is clear that a lot of the "information" around drugs is scare mongering, which the science (see above) does not support. However, some of the information (opiates will literally ruin you and your families' lives), is accurate, and helping someone to understand the difference is a much safer way of approaching the situation than just a flat refusal. Yes, drugs are dangerous, but cake is dangerous. Soda is dangerous. Roller coasters are dangerous. Driving a car is dangerous. Crossing the road is dangerous. It's all about calculated risk, and what is an acceptable risk to an individual. If a frank and open conversation helps to reduce that risk, then it's a conversation we should be having.

Choice, and calculated risk. Exactly.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: