Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:57:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VMC -- FAST HASH. $6/GH  (Read 9686 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
VolanicEruptor (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:35:01 PM

self-moderated topics like this are a red flag too

If a question has already been answered, then it is deleted if someone repeats it.  I'm just trying to keep the thread clean.

This is the only company that does this. Why? Not even retard Inaba won't create any self moderated topics...

I do not work for VMC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
salviel

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:41:39 PM

Even if they deliver on time (fat chance), the difficulty is jumping so high that no machine they sell will ever meet ROI barring some sick increase in the value of bitcoin, but still in that case, better to just hold onto bitcoin.
VolanicEruptor (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:46:26 PM

Even if they deliver on time (fat chance), the difficulty is jumping so high that no machine they sell will ever meet ROI barring some sick increase in the value of bitcoin, but still in that case, better to just hold onto bitcoin.

This has been said about every miner that has come onto the market since bitcoin mining began.  You're not alone with that opinion, it's very common, which is why the pricing has become so competitive lately.   Bitcoin mining is highly profitable if you get in line fast and pay the lowest $/GH (VMC).  It is priced to take into account a 100% difficulty increase per month, and still make full ROI.. and then some.  Smiley

VolanicEruptor (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:50:34 PM

Trolling is too heavy on the forums to go forward with anything.  I need to keep the thread clean.  Like I said, I will answer legitimate questions that are posted.  If these questions are repeated after, I will delete them.  I think that's fair. Questions = answers.  Smiley

eneloop
Legendary

Activity: 1513
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:49:20 PM

I think you should clearify your refund policy. It's confusing, already described last page.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:53:48 PM

If a question has already been answered, then it is deleted if someone repeats it.  I'm just trying to keep the thread clean.

This is the only company that does this. Why? Not even retard Inaba won't create any self moderated topics...

I do not work for VMC.

But you seem to be their spokesperson and to know stuff that we don't know.

EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:26:47 PM

I checked it and it seems strange. The Silver Unit 1 Module does 64Gh/s and consumes 100W, that's 1.56W/Gh; next we have the Silver Unit 2 Modules that does 384Gh/s??!! and consumes 350W, that's 0.91W/Gh; next we have Gold Unit 1 Modules that does 128Gh/s and consumes 300W???, that's 2.34W/Gh; next Gold Unit 6 Modules 784Gh/s for 800W, that's 1.04W/Gh; next Platinum Unit 1 Module for 256Gh/s for 400W, that's 1.56W/Gh (like the Silver Unit 1 Module) and last is Platinum Unit that does 1536Gh/s for 1400W, that's 0.91W/Gh(like the Silver Unit 2 Modules).

There seems to be some inconstancy on the power numbers. Care to explain me why since you seem to be the paid PR person?

And why should i trust them? Do they have better info than the manufacturer himself? Is there an official announcement about this?

Ken is updating the numbers according to information they have. Not sure when, but web site will be updated accordingly.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 06:28:27 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2013, 09:09:38 PM by mrb

if you get in line fast and pay the lowest $/GH (VMC)

Not VMC! VMC are expensive at $9.4, not $6. Can you fix your title?

Nevermind.
WikileaksDude

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 06:43:39 PM

Please check your math,

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/

At the bottom, you can see all VMC miners average an ~8$ /g-hash

but VMC's most expensive miner is 6$ / g-hash,

Platinum Unit (6 Module + 6 cases)
costs: 148,958 USD
hash speed: 24,576

So its around 6.1$ per hash.
spoid

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

bearded, drunk, fat, naked

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:19:15 PM

offer paypal/cc and I'll buy one. Don't and I won't. Simple as that.

with great beard comes great liver. Reputation Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195803.0
Harderfaster

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 08:06:10 PM

offer paypal/cc and I'll buy one. Don't and I won't. Simple as that.
same here
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 09:08:32 PM

Please check your math,

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/

At the bottom, you can see all VMC miners average an ~8$ /g-hash

but VMC's most expensive miner is 6$ / g-hash,

Platinum Unit (6 Module + 6 cases)
costs: 148,958 USD
hash speed: 24,576

So its around 6.1$ per hash.

Ok, so adding multiple expansions modules is how you get to lower $ per Ghash... Thanks for correcting me.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 09:22:15 PM

I do not work for VMC.

+1

dont moderate your own VMC fanboy thread if:
a) you are not with VMC
b) you have any respect for forming a discussion

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 09:47:42 PM

If a question has already been answered, then it is deleted if someone repeats it.  I'm just trying to keep the thread clean.

I do not work for VMC.

+1

dont moderate your own VMC fanboy thread if:
a) you are not with VMC
b) you have any respect for forming a discussion

I read the Custom hardware forum daily and i'm impressed how new people who never post here come and praise the VMC company only with language skills and zero technical stuff. The company may be legit, but this fact along with the self-moderated topics seems very very fishy to me.

creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 10:02:52 PM

I read the Custom hardware forum daily and i'm impressed how new people who never post here come and praise the VMC company only with language skills and zero technical stuff. The company may be legit, but this fact along with the self-moderated topics seems very very fishy to me.

They're ActM shareholders that believe it's in their self interest to pimp for ken as they believe he'll toss them a few satoshis when he gets his paycheck from VMC's lackluster pre-orders.

VolanicEruptor (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 10:06:17 PM

They're ActM shareholders that believe it's in their self interest to pimp for ken as they believe he'll toss them a few satoshis when he gets his paycheck from VMC's lackluster pre-orders.

We only get dividends when the products are shipped, so obviously we believe strongly that he will deliver, and there is no reason to think he won't do it on time (the queue is still very small and eASIC is a very reputable for being timely, so it will be fast)

RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 10:14:32 PM

We only get dividends when the products are shipped, so obviously we believe strongly that he will deliver, and there is no reason to think he won't do it on time (the queue is still very small and eASIC is a very reputable for being timely, so it will be fast)

May i ask you what are the latest news about their chip? Tape out yet? Any other relevant news?

creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 10:34:55 PM

Yeah we'll be "moderated" soon and the "correct" message will be the only one remaining in this thread. A tactic all too common here on bitcointalk.org.

ffssixtynine

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 11:26:39 PM

No, dividends are paid from a proportion of profit, which means sales need to be some way into 7 figures ($$$), which we're way off. Simple maths. Besides, at these prices I'm dubious about profitability until very large chip orders can be made of easic. If VMC can sell lots of chips to eg ex Avalon people then this is totally doable, but there we hit my bug bear which is marketing failures (IMHO). If ActiveMining fails, that's going to be why.

Mining income is different but that's a while away afaik (no insider info but it can't be done until December earliest given the schedule).

Also, eASIC don't make chips. They have a wonderfully fast design system but the fab will be external.
aquarius

Activity: 275

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 04:17:31 AM

don´t you have a labcoin train wreck to pump and praise?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: