Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:34:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gadget for private communication  (Read 1462 times)
district14

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:47:12 PM

Can your device be synchronized with accounts on other user’s devices?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kazakucox

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:58:46 PM

WhatsApp is encrypted with a Forward Secrecy protocol called the Signal Protocol (just like Silence, Signal, Facebook Messenger and a host of others). You'd think that this makes it uber secure and it does in one way but not in others. Where WhatsApp falls short is in its verification but you can fix that. To illustrate this here  is a hypothetical but completely plausible scenario.

I want to recieve all future messages that are intended for my friend on my phone. I have an opportunity; I have their phone number and they've gone to the loo and left their phone behind. It's locked with a pincode and maybe fingerprint or facial recognition to login but that doesn't matter to me. On my phone I login with their phone number which prompts an SMS verification code to be sent to their unattended phone. The code shows up in the SMS preview in their notifications, which I can see without unlocking their phone. I enter that and voila! all messages that go to their WhatsApp also go to my 'clone'.

uruna40

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:28:19 PM

A group of crytopgraphers from Germany's Ruhr University Bochum have uncovered flaws in WhatsApp's security that compromise the instant messaging service's end-to-end encryption. WhatsApp, owned by Facebook, has over one billion active users. In a paper published last week, "More is Less: On the End-to-End Security of Group Chats in Signal, WhatsApp, and Threema," anyone who controls WhatsApp's servers, including company employees, can covertly add members to any group -- a claim that might not bode well with privacy enthusiasts.
Bet-Bet

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:41:39 PM

Strange people .. ALL things is need protection, especially phones and personal computers.Our time is a time of technological progress, everyone should think about internet security firstly.It is impossible to get into another's bitcoin-purse or to control it. It's only now, only today .Wait a few years, things can change, look forward .I will vote for this program.
Mihelina

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:48:20 PM

How long does it take to make your devices and start selling them?
LeyMonte

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:00:53 PM

I already visited your site and I saw it that you started your presale already. Now, I would like to ask if what is the progress of your presale as of this moment?.

We launched the site only 3 days ago. I think next week I will be able to give you the correct answer

please do mate. if there's any important details about it, please post ot here. i am just interested to know more about your project, especially the pre sale details and token sale if any.
ri0iii

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:21:41 PM

Researchers announced they had discovered flaws in WhatsApp’s security at the Real World Crypto security conference in Switzerland, Wired reports. Anyone who controls the app’s servers could insert new people into private group chats without needing admin permission.

Once a new person is in, the phone of each member of that group chat automatically shares secret keys with that person, giving them full access to all future messages, but not past ones. It would appear as if the new member had the permission of the admin to join.
Bailsman

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 05:34:40 PM

Researchers announced they had discovered flaws in WhatsApp’s security at the Real World Crypto security conference in Switzerland, Wired reports. Anyone who controls the app’s servers could insert new people into private group chats without needing admin permission.

Once a new person is in, the phone of each member of that group chat automatically shares secret keys with that person, giving them full access to all future messages, but not past ones. It would appear as if the new member had the permission of the admin to join.

Meh, why do people even consider WhatsApp and Viber? Both are slow and clumsy, even if put security aside
olegator1965

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:00:02 PM

This may be hard to believe, but today, in the age of information technology, the chance to fall for the bait of swindlers is just as great as before. And often the reason for this is ignorance by users of the basic safety rules themselves, and sometimes just low vigilance.
xoggy

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:20:47 PM

I believe that it is impossible to completely secure yourself on the Internet, even if you pay big money for it. If someone needs to hack you, he will do it, it's just a matter of time and efforts. But at the same time it does not mean that you do not need to pay enough attention to the security of personal data! Just do not pass on very personal and valuable information through untested sources!
CartmanBro

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:29:02 PM

Interesting project! Whether the gadget gives a guarantee that intelligence agencies won't interfere in private life? Whether in reality full safety is possible? If affirmative answer, i pay for a gadget!
Natali1919

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:52:05 PM

The granddaddy that helped pioneer the early market, Signal appeared in 2014 as the unification of two earlier open source apps with rather complicated histories, TextSecure and RedPhone, authored by famous developer Moxie Marlinspike. Today, the underlying end-to-end Signal protocol (previously called ‘Axolotl’) is now used by several other apps mentioned here including, in 2016, WhatsApp itself. Its security and privacy features are second to none. To many, Signal is the original and best on which many others are based - even Edward Snowden uses it.
olegator1965

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:03:24 PM

The leadership of our country has a strange idea that in order to fight terrorism it is necessary to control any channels of communication of people. Tens of thousands of games are released all over the world a year, most of them contain chats in which players can communicate
donbass_2014

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:20:04 PM

WhatsApp's implementation of end-to-end encryption – which is a large part of the company's focus on privacy and security – uses the widely-respected Signal protocol. That protocol relies on unique security keys that are swapped between users so that each device can check that they are sending and receiving messages to and from the right one.
aleks1988

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:02:06 PM

WhatsApp's implementation of end-to-end encryption – which is a large part of the company's focus on privacy and security – uses the widely-respected Signal protocol. That protocol relies on unique security keys that are swapped between users so that each device can check that they are sending and receiving messages to and from the right one.
Olga 198812

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:04:44 PM

Viruses harm gadgets. I wanted to go to secure sites without viruses. Give me a recommendation of a good antivirus. My computer is very slow. Tell me the reason for this problem? Which antivirus is good? Thank you in advance for your response.
bob62

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:18:29 PM

I think it is a good idea to use an encrypted network. It seems to be created specifically for people who are on the same page.
Artem Andreevuch

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:23:44 PM

I, of course, for the safety of my phone, but of course I would not want to pay for this huge denet. Yes, and I think that there are services that still hack everything! Therefore it is a waste of money!
katekhm

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:04:18 PM

I believe that encrypted communication using gadgets is good and bad at the same time. this is good because our personal data remains private. it's bad because scammers can use it.
kris110

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:27:56 PM

After protecting your private conversations with end-to-end encryption, it seems WhatsApp wants to give you even greater peace of mind by adding passcode protection to its app.

The feature was uncovered by a team of translators which helps convert WhatsApp into other languages.
If you’re sensible, your smartphone is already protected by some kind of lock. These days, it’s typically a fingerprint backed up by a passcode or password. But for sensitive apps — like those you use to have private conversations — an extra layer of protection is always welcome.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: