Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:27:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Worst Exchange Experiences  (Read 453 times)
janggernaut
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1130

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:26:16 PM

I have no such extremely scary exchange experiences, but I suffer from liqui because of high withdrawal fees, it is also very silent exchange that scares me.
Then move your funds to bigger exchanges (Bittrex and poloniex, but make sure you have verified your account first or you won't be able to withdraw your money, Binance (my best choice), you don't need to di Kyc on here).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kateycoin

Activity: 882
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:57:09 PM

I think always find a good exchange to trade especially the exchange that many people will trust and I think you what I mean. Leave that exchange and full out your funds their because it will be lose if you stay there to that exchange.

███    TWITTER      MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
joromz1226

Activity: 798
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:59:19 PM

The worst exchange platform which I had experienced was when the time that I used etherdelta , during that time I was selling the coins which I had received from the bounty I joined and it was listed on this exchange then when the time that I am selling it all of a sudden their server has been under maintenance then by that time I didn't export or full out my private to their platform. It was a doom and worst to me so after that incident I promised to myself that I won't use that exchange anymore.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:56:04 AM

I have no such extremely scary exchange experiences, but I suffer from liqui because of high withdrawal fees, it is also very silent exchange that scares me.
Then move your funds to bigger exchanges (Bittrex and poloniex, but make sure you have verified your account first or you won't be able to withdraw your money, Binance (my best choice), you don't need to di Kyc on here).

I myself have experienced problems with large exchanges such as poloniex, a few months ago poloniex experienced problems with withdrawing and happening to many people. I did DGB withdrawal but they didn't finish it. more than 5 months my coin was not sent. I submitted a ticket but there was no response. I'm sure some users have experienced it.
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 02:00:55 AM

The worst exchange platform which I had experienced was when the time that I used etherdelta , during that time I was selling the coins which I had received from the bounty I joined and it was listed on this exchange then when the time that I am selling it all of a sudden their server has been under maintenance then by that time I didn't export or full out my private to their platform. It was a doom and worst to me so after that incident I promised to myself that I won't use that exchange anymore.

My problem with etherdelta is that they do not have a warning prompt when you are making a transaction because once you click buy or sell, it would immediately submit and then there are times when you are lacking something and you can't cancel it anymore. There's a time when I am trying to sell a token but then there is always an error but my ethereum has been deducted transaction fee several times. Their orderbook is also delayed in updating and there are times when it is so slow to transact there.

perla

Activity: 1932
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 04:15:35 AM

I myself have experienced problems with large exchanges such as poloniex, a few months ago poloniex experienced problems with withdrawing and happening to many people. I did DGB withdrawal but they didn't finish it. more than 5 months my coin was not sent. I submitted a ticket but there was no response. I'm sure some users have experienced it.
I think Poloniex not like in past, maybe because there are larger user that trade in there. But now their support is lack of responds. That is why it will be bad if we have problem especially with withdrawal. Luck i still not get that experience yet.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 02:27:56 PM

I have bad experience with exchange of HitBTC because they did not distribute Ignis airdrop. I been loss alot of money by buying NXT but they does not distributed Ignis till now. In the their blog they was support this airdrop , but i dont know why they did not distributed it.
You shouldn't be blaming hitbtc for your airdrop. As far as I know the project devs are the one who are responsible in distributing the airdrop and they just use hitbtc since their token was listed on it.

Had you loss your funds?
Before, I used forkdelta and the same thing happen, they have their maintenance and I already imported my coin. I'm reluctant and afraid that I'll loss my balance but surprisingly, it's safe. Goodness.
You should try contacting them in their discord or TG channel.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
TravelMug

Activity: 2618
Merit: 833

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 03:42:02 PM

I think Poloniex not like in past, maybe because there are larger user that trade in there. But now their support is lack of responds. That is why it will be bad if we have problem especially with withdrawal. Luck i still not get that experience yet.

Poloniex used to be one of the dominant trading exchanges last year. If my memory serves me right, it likes around mid year last year that they became sort of very slow in responding to user's issues and then it went from good to worst in just the next couple of months. They blame the sudden surge of crypto traders, so they wasn't able to adjust their business model that time.

Just a few minor misses for me in HitBTC but it was resolved in matter of weeks. Yeah I know resolving a issue in couple of weeks in not good but I still trade with them.

However, most issues though come from exchange will few thousands of users that's why I stay out and doesn't want to do trades with low volume exchanges. The change of you having issues is very high and they might pull a scam stunt in the end.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 04:11:32 PM

Poloniex used to be one of the dominant trading exchanges last year. If my memory serves me right, it likes around mid year last year that they became sort of very slow in responding to user's issues and then it went from good to worst in just the next couple of months. They blame the sudden surge of crypto traders, so they wasn't able to adjust their business model that time.

Just a few minor misses for me in HitBTC but it was resolved in matter of weeks. Yeah I know resolving a issue in couple of weeks in not good but I still trade with them.

However, most issues though come from exchange will few thousands of users that's why I stay out and doesn't want to do trades with low volume exchanges. The change of you having issues is very high and they might pull a scam stunt in the end.
Most of us had withdrawing problems on the internet, that is not a big deal. It happens even to the best sites, some network problem or anything else, most of sites solve that problems after a day or two. With yobit I waited almost all week once, they had some problems, but I didn`t cry about it, and I don`t think it`s the worst thing that can happen with any site.
Exchanges make profit from users, more they have more money will they make, I never had big problems with exchanges cause I was always honest, I never scammed anyone, why would I have some major problems with any site? I think people who had big issues with exchanges tried to do something wrong and when they don`t succeed they cry how site is crooked, and rigged, be fair and you will not have problems.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Vsamuel

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:05:04 PM

My very worst exchange experience was two weeks just when i began trading. I actually bought a coin and decided to keep it for a while. Then one day, i went on the exchange to sell it. Just after selling my coins at low price, then the market price of the coin began to shoot up. i was angry at myself and cursed severally.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:37:58 PM

In the dying days of Cryptsy, I watched people convert their coins to an unpopular coin, just so they would eventually cash out their money,I was hesitant and just about the time I decided to join them, they also suspended withdrawals from that coin and that was how Cryptsy succeeded in running off with my hard earned coins.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 12:01:46 AM

In the dying days of Cryptsy, I watched people convert their coins to an unpopular coin, just so they would eventually cash out their money,I was hesitant and just about the time I decided to join them, they also suspended withdrawals from that coin and that was how Cryptsy succeeded in running off with my hard earned coins.

Yes I remember those days. I was actually surprised why a certain alt like LTC was trading higher there than other exchanges.

So I bought that LTC on another exchange, depositted to Cryptsy and sold it for BTC for a 10-20% profit, and then when it turns out I can't withdraw that BTC. Did some investigating and turns out there BTC wallet was empty, so I quickly reversed the trade and basically lost a large percentage with spread and trading and withdraw fees but luckily got all my alts and BTC out of there before they were COMPLETELY insolvent.

Would of been a very bad experience. And that was a very popular and trustful exchange. Should of just admitted the theft, did what Bitfinex did and it would of been alive today and that admin wouldn't have to hid in China somewhere.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
apityeh71

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 07:29:31 AM

I use alot of exchanges since 1 years and till now i dont have any problem with that all, because before use them i always looking for the reputaion and review each of them first .  And when to start to use it, i always test how the deposit and withdrawal work by use small amount

angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 07:56:39 PM

Some of the bad experiences I have suffered are the following:

- In Etherdelta, in December of last year someone managed to do a massive hack on the web and managed to obtain the private keys of those who wanted to enter over several hours, taking large numbers of ethers.

-In Poloniex, in June of this year they froze my account without warning, and they do not allow me to make any movement until going through an arduous process of verification that does not allow me to start despite my efforts to do it correctly.

-And recently in Cryptopia, where I suffered a hacking attempt and despite blocking my account to prevent it from being looted, mysteriously and without explanation the Cryptopia team granted access to the hacker minutes after I blocked my funds.
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2019, 02:44:33 AM

I was use Cryptopia afew years but since they get hacked a few days ago until now they not come to online yet, that already aweek waiting for new update but they did not get any update yet. I trusted them and they should be give update everyday to the all their member. Cryptopia become very worst exchange now for me.

perla

Activity: 1932
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 04:37:10 AM

Maybe worst exchange experience that i have only hacked on Yobit, well actually it is my mistake because i not put 2fa because i think i never save a lot of money in Yobit. But i lost 0.03 BTC in that place after i sell my coins.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████