Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:46:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Proper Use of Trust System?  (Read 1692 times)
Jumpy (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 01:05:00 AM

I am pretty bothered by the weighting of the current trust system.

I have a few reviews for transactions that I've conducted with users, and they have nothing bad to say about me. They have actual amounts of BTC risked and are all positive.

Yesterday, somebody didn't like a post that I made on a thread and they posted a negative review for me. I don't really understand how this should be related to trust, but more importantly, why does a single review throw my entire rating into red letters? It doesn't involve a transaction or anything.

Is there a process to remove a misplaced rating? How does the weighting work?

Any clarification that you can help me with would be appreciated. My reputation on this forum means a lot to me.

PM me if you want to advertise on this signature.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 01:10:35 AM

Go to your trust and hit trust settings then copy and paste the names of the people that you trust and that have traded with you. Then hit update.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 01:12:16 AM

BTW thebutterzone is a douche

You offered a better price and he left you a neg rating.

TBZ you are a douche!
Jumpy (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:48:33 AM

Thanks for the support sublime, but I'm more concerned about what it looks like to others that may have TBZ in their trust networks.

I'm wondering if there is any appeal system connected to the trust system. I agree I probably shouldn't have gone as far as soliciting PMs, but this doesn't seem to be connected to my trustworthiness in transactions.

sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:37:51 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2013, 12:28:53 AM by sublime5447

No the only thing you can do is ask him. I didnt see the whole thing but from his reference it looks like you offered a better price and he got butt hurt about it
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3064

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2013, 11:51:53 PM

Yesterday, somebody didn't like a post that I made on a thread and they posted a negative review for me. I don't really understand how this should be related to trust, but more importantly, why does a single review throw my entire rating into red letters? It doesn't involve a transaction or anything.

If you neg rep a scammer, most times they will neg rep you back to "extort" you to remove yours.  Nothing you can do about it.   Embarrassed

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
AndrewWilliams

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:12:48 AM

If you neg rep a scammer, most times they will neg rep you back to "extort" you to remove yours.  Nothing you can do about it.   Embarrassed

Jumpy, this is exactly what Vod did to me. He's been trolling around trying to spread lies about me. When I called him on it in a thread he started in the lending section, he locked it.

See Vod's post history.

While I do appreciate Vod taking off the false neg rep you posted about me saying I asked for social security numbers (Maybe he realized there was no proof to your lie? Or was it that he were afraid Mods would discover you used a sockpuppet account to send the PM to himself?),
it would be great if he went all the way and got rid of the other two neg reps he posted prior to that:

1. Accusing me of extorting to remove negative feedback. The member you gave me bad rep did so over a difference of opinion. When I told him it was foolish, posted neg rep for him for the same thing, he removed it. Simple.
2. Accusing me of possible identity theft. I either am or not. Don't accuse people for the sake of being "safe." Your made it up, and have no proof. Even the OP on the thread you started your BS on told you your wrong, but your refuse to listen. :shakes head:

Hey, thanks for your attention! Smiley
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3064

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 09:06:39 AM

Since my name was mentioned, I should point out that AndrewWilliams has publicly stated he is in a religious cult and as a result of that membership he has no moral compass.  He scams and lies, then rubs his hands together, prays to his god, and walks away with a clear conscious. 

I did lock a thread in lending because I have realized you cannot debate with the guy.  I have to live with my words and actions while he does not. 

I will be sparing EVERYBODY further annoyance by putting him on ignore and therefore not responding to any more of his BS. 

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
AndrewWilliams

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 06:29:34 PM

Since my name was mentioned, I should point out that AndrewWilliams has publicly stated he is in a religious cult and as a result of that membership he has no moral compass.  He scams and lies, then rubs his hands together, prays to his god, and walks away with a clear conscious. 

I did lock a thread in lending because I have realized you cannot debate with the guy.  I have to live with my words and actions while he does not. 

I will be sparing EVERYBODY further annoyance by putting him on ignore and therefore not responding to any more of his BS. 

Calling Christianity a cult, wow, you've really outdone yourself now Vod, you troll.

I think you just told everybody everything they need to know about you.

FYI, Vod locked the thread as soon as mentioned that his lies were going to be found out by the Mod Theymos since his claim of receiving a PM was going to be checked out, he realized he would be caught in his own lie.

Jumpy (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:28:11 AM

I don't really want this thread to become host of a flamewar between you two.

The point is that the trust system doesn't really work. Reviews don't mean anything if personal dislike can outweigh transactions of measurable value.

I have been told to beg and plead with him to remove it, but it seems like that wouldn't be worth the trouble.

I guess I'll just ask users that see this thread to remove him from their networks since the value of his ratings are based on whether he happens to like what is posted on these forums.

sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:16:19 PM

This is what I see. TheButterZone -5: -1 / +0(0)

And what people who trust me see.
Jumpy (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:59:02 PM

Update:

I sent TBZ a nice PM requesting that he remove the negative review and apologizing for making an insensitive post. Time to wait and see if diplomacy works on teh interwebz.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 07:51:56 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2013, 04:38:40 AM by TheButterZone

Much more than "personal dislike" and "diplomacy" is at issue. You are an aggressor. You thought it was acceptable to shit hardcore on a user's business topic (or maybe more than just one; I'll be looking at your posting history to determine whether your trust rating can be removed and only the pic left above), that specifically said:

Please only reply in this thread once we've had a successful transaction (all other replies such as threadcrap and questions that should have been PMed, IMed, texted, or IRCed to me, will be deleted).

and ALSO tried to steal their business. No matter how under the influence of inhibition-lowering substances or good/bad of a mood you're in that day, that makes you an aggressor, unworthy of trust, only worthy of ostracization.

After I review your posting history, I will be working on a penalty addendum for my business topics, that specifies threadcrap will result in a negative trust rating with screenshot, and the trust rating will only be removed after the threadcrapper pays me a 1 BTC fine.

ETA: After review, it appears your hardcore shit is not present in any other topics. Unless your threadcrap was deleted from others' topics as well, I wonder if it really was personal dislike, instead yours, of me. What did I ever do to you? Certainly not steal your business, because nobody has paid me a single satoshi for my services. Hmmmm...

ETA2: And this isn't just a "this forum" thing. It's an "any forum, online or offline, be a decent human being and not an aggressor unworthy of trust" thing.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 08:59:17 PM

I removed my neg rating TBZ maybe just talk it out in the future?
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 01:29:39 AM

Update:

I sent TBZ a nice PM requesting that he remove the negative review and apologizing for making an insensitive post. Time to wait and see if diplomacy works on teh interwebz.

Jumpy, you completely thread jacked...  I wouldn't go anywhere near as leaving negative trust, but it does annoy some users, me included.
Make your own thread, talk whatever you want on it.
Jumpy (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 01:49:19 AM

Update:

Jumpy, you completely thread jacked...  I wouldn't go anywhere near as leaving negative trust, but it does annoy some users, me included.
Make your own thread, talk whatever you want on it.

I recognized that mistake on my part. I am fairly new to the forum and am obviously still getting used to the protocol here.

sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 02:24:57 AM

It is just TBZ.. look at his post in currency exchange. I dont know the fuck he thinks he is?
Jumpy (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 03:15:12 AM

Bottom line is that a) he deleted the trust review and b) we shouldn't use the trust system to retaliate against posts we don't like.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 04:16:49 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2013, 04:39:01 AM by TheButterZone

Actually, I like posts like yours, on my topic and this one, because they show you think you can get away with being an aggressor instead of a decent human being who is actually worthy of trust. Keep on revealing your true colors elsewhere, so that others will notice and show you what ostracization really means.

Good day, sir!

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 04:29:36 AM

Actually, I like posts like yours, on my topic and this one, because they show you think you can get away with being a dick instead of a decent human being who is actually worthy of trust. Keep on revealing your true colors elsewhere, so that others will notice and show you what ostracization really means.

Good day, sir!

Like I said who the fuck does he think he is? what a dick
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: