Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:09:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Proper Use of Trust System?  (Read 1692 times)
Jumpy (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 05:14:47 AM

I guess he wants to revert this to a good 'ol flamewar, which I'm not really interested in.

I think its best to let the free market decide whether his prices are too high, since I've found work editing on here and he apparently hasn't.

PM me if you want to advertise on this signature.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AndrewWilliams

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 05:32:34 AM

Current trust system is being abused, no doubt about it.

A member by the name of 'sod' seems to think he can make crap up and neg newbies without impunity. Thankfully, more and more people are seeing through this abuse.

Say no to trust abuse. Smiley
Jumpy (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 05:46:02 AM

Current trust system is being abused, no doubt about it.

A member by the name of 'sod' seems to think he can make crap up and neg newbies without impunity. Thankfully, more and more people are seeing through this abuse.

Say no to trust abuse. Smiley

I agree that it is problematic, but I wish there was a better system. A single negative review with no BTC at risk should not have such an outsized effect on the rating.

sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 07:21:49 AM

I fought for that when the trust system was introduced. Well i guess I should say that I threw in my 2 cent to the powers that be. I recommended that people only be able to rate based on actual trades and not just personal preference, but to be honest it all comes out in the wash.

If everyone can be rated no matter the trade history then it will basically even out and most people are intelligent enough to recognize false or non- trade based feedback. For instance i recognize that TBZ is a dick who thinks he can throw is weight around and rate people just because he has been around for a year or 2. 
Jumpy (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 09:22:46 AM

I think that the colors and the trade with caution tags should have to be manually applied by mods or something. I would be fine with my trust rating being -1/+5 and letting people see that the -1 was something dumb, but the big red text next to my name warning others to be careful is too much for being so easily triggered by the existing formulae.

JJBTCSeller

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 12:29:42 PM

Sublime's such a fucking cunt. He always abuses the trust system, he gave me neg feedback yet he was the one who stole my fucking ID and sold it on SR!! Be careful Sublime is a confirmed scammer!
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3064

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 02:47:56 AM

Sublime's such a fucking cunt. He always abuses the trust system, he gave me neg feedback yet he was the one who stole my fucking ID and sold it on SR!! Be careful Sublime is a confirmed scammer!

I might be convinced if you used more profanity.   Wink

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
n00ber

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 10:13:06 AM

I noticed many innocent users are neg rep by neg rep maniacs who think they are btcforum police, who knows this users neg repping to make themselves appear trusted. In truth they could be scammers themselves waiting for the right moment to scam.

I hope admins make a rule that only a trade could leave a negative feedback not basing on just opinion.

AndrewWilliams

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 06:07:00 PM

I noticed many innocent users are neg rep by neg rep maniacs who think they are btcforum police, who knows this users neg repping to make themselves appear trusted. In truth they could be scammers themselves waiting for the right moment to scam.

I hope admins make a rule that only a trade could leave a negative feedback not basing on just opinion.

Agreed, a few too many megalomaniacs on here.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 09:22:31 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=133122.0

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 09:41:13 PM

You are telling me that you got gifted 500 BTC and you have the nerve to charge 140 usd per BTC. You are a bigger dick than I could have imagined.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 09:52:58 PM

You are telling me that you got gifted 500 BTC and you have the nerve to charge 140 usd per BTC. You are a bigger dick than I could have imagined.

Show/Hide ignored creep.

I could rush into a burning building, pull a puppy out, then perform CPR to bring it out of respiratory arrest, and you'd claim that means I'm into bestiality. Keep being ridiculous.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 10:11:07 PM

Show/Hide ignored creep.

I could rush into a burning building, pull a puppy out, then perform CPR to bring it out of respiratory arrest, and you'd claim that means I'm into bestiality. Keep being ridiculous.

Have you ever heard of paying it forward?

You post that you have coins for sale at 140 dollars a piece when the market is 123 and that people have to come to your house in person to get them and that if anyone comments on how your price is fucking bullshit that you will neg rate them an that you where gifted 500 BTC and I am supposed to think you are some kinda saint

Facepalm

Like I said you are a bigger dick than I could have ever imagined. Your life will always be shit you selfish little troll.

I am gonna hit ignore

Good day sir. 
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: