Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:22:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DIRA - The BrainMining coin! - (NXT clone, 10% of total supply to NXT holders)  (Read 7228 times)
DIRA-COIN (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:53:25 PM

We want to be clear about this. DIRA isn't and won't be a coin just to be mined by a rig or similar and sold. If your main target is to sit down and let your hardware make you rich you really misunderstood the reason of DIRA itself. Alternatives mining (CPU and GPU) will always be marginally to the BrainMining that is the main feature we strongly are focused in. Anyway, in order to accomplish every user we'll work to make a good service even for how many doesn't want to BrainMine but, it will always be a lot less profitable than BrainMining.

Fair enough, and i agree, but you can't include CPU mining and then at random decide to kill it -- while your primary focus might be "Brainmining" you need to understand that NOT everyone is going to (or can for that matter), Brainmine! Some people just suck at math, period!! It's that simple. If your project was geared towards a high school group, cool, but it isn't. Please decide if you want to have CPU enabled or disabled .. i can almost assure you that without that you'll be stuck with a project that has a total of 20 users.

Ps. the server situation is still in your court! hoping for an update soon

As already said, CPUMining is only temporarily disabled and will be enabled as soon as possible. It has been only one day and the total of BrainMinings it only about 2000 rewards vs 2500 of the CPUMining in just some hours, this should give you the idea how much is more easily for the "hardware" miners to collect coins than people who doesn't have high level hardware. So please have patience, we'll try to make satisfied all kind of users.
Coffeehouse

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:36:30 PM

I like this project and especially the idea of brain mining. It needs to be improved but it is a great new idea.
DIRA-COIN (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:01:11 PM

This project is already dead... Too bad, the idea was good.

Sorry to hear that, we can't say nothing to make you change your mind but only go on working make the facts will talk for us.
DIRA-COIN (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:08:42 PM

UPDATE
CPUMining again up through the website: http://www.diracoin.org/Home/CpuMining

(Please let us know if you experience any issue so we can fix it as soon as possible)

In the next days we'll release a new client with bugs fixed, an improved and lighter server-client connection to avoid server issues and a brand new kind of brainMining: BrainCypher. Stay tuned.
manofseven

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:26:34 AM

What is brain cypher exactly?
manofseven

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:43:56 AM

wallet is full of bug it does not update problem of brain mining. always shows old problem... Sad
dafuqss

Activity: 182
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:08:59 AM

UPDATE

(Please let us know if you experience any issue so we can fix it as soon as possible)

In the next days we'll release a new client with bugs fixed, an improved and lighter server-client connection to avoid server issues and a brand new kind of brainMining: BrainCypher. Stay tuned.

Page gives a 404

CPU mining also not working via client ....
Arashflash44

Activity: 72

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:07:24 AM

UPDATE

404 file or directory not found..lol
dafuqss

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:47:57 AM

in fact, your site is completely down
DIRA-COIN (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:16:53 AM

The hosting couldn't support the traffic of the website and it went down. We are upgrading the hosting to one more powerful but it does need some time. Technical problems of the host weren't really solved.

Currently the mining, based on a client-server constant connection is down.

wallet is full of bug it does not update problem of brain mining. always shows old problem... Sad

As said above, with the hosting down the mining cant work.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
dafuqss

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:38:28 AM

The hosting couldn't support the traffic of the website and it went down. We are upgrading the hosting to one more powerful but it does need some time. Technical problems of the host weren't really solved.

Currently the mining, based on a client-server constant connection is down.

As said above, with the hosting down the mining cant work.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

any idea when this will be back up?
ALTJ1990

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 05:44:03 AM

Sorry I am fairly new, but the PoS on transaction fees, does this mean I am rewarded for spending (similar to store cards) ? Shocked Cheesy
DIRA-COIN (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:35:11 AM

We are in touch with the hosting to find a solution can supports higher amount of traffic (much more we were expecting), the hope is to be online in a little time with same hosting or in some days in case we have to switch to another.

Sorry I am fairly new, but the PoS on transaction fees, does this mean I am rewarded for spending (similar to store cards) ? Shocked Cheesy

The transaction fees are actually the reward of the forgers. When you make a transaction, for example send 1 DIRA to another address you pay a minimal amount of 1 DIRA, if a blocks has 150 transactions of 1 DIRA the forger will gain 150 DIRA. In order to forge you need more forging power (= a good amount of coins). Basically the more coins you have the more are chances to forge a blocks and gain the transactions fees of that block. We are giving large amount of DIRA to give users possibility to forge and disable our current account generator (if the stake is low the blocks won't found and the blockchain stops).

Coffeehouse

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:03:47 AM

May I ask from what country you guys are?
Fjstrydom

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:21:11 AM

We are in touch with the hosting to find a solution can supports higher amount of traffic (much more we were expecting), the hope is to be online in a little time with same hosting or in some days in case we have to switch to another.

The transaction fees are actually the reward of the forgers. When you make a transaction, for example send 1 DIRA to another address you pay a minimal amount of 1 DIRA, if a blocks has 150 transactions of 1 DIRA the forger will gain 150 DIRA. In order to forge you need more forging power (= a good amount of coins). Basically the more coins you have the more are chances to forge a blocks and gain the transactions fees of that block. We are giving large amount of DIRA to give users possibility to forge and disable our current account generator (if the stake is low the blocks won't found and the blockchain stops).

should we not be able to see our addresses under generators once we are forging? how do i know my account is actually staking? i just see a green button that says forging, but where can i see that it is actually doing it?
DIRA-COIN (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:56:19 AM

should we not be able to see our addresses under generators once we are forging? how do i know my account is actually staking? i just see a green button that says forging, but where can i see that it is actually doing it?

To be sure your client is forging you can check the client API: go to http://localhost:3787/test?requestTag=FORGING and put there your passphrase and (if you set up it) admin password. You can open the page even on top right "Settings -> API console".

You'll get a json message like this:
"
{
    "errorDescription": "Account is not forging",
    "errorCode": 5
}
"

When the forging indicator is green if you hold you mouse pointer on it you should see a box that indicates you tha actual effective balance you are forging with. In the FAQ we'll explain this and other details.

May I ask from what country you guys are?

We are from Italy, in fact "DIRA" is a name that reminds our old "LIRA".
DIRA-COIN (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:16:40 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2018, 08:29:50 AM by DIRA-COIN

IMPORTANT UPDATE
As you can see enabling again the CPUMining the server went definitely down. We made an upgrade of the host with more RAM and CPU but it is sufficient for the current users but the problem will show again as the number of users grow up. We made a huge mistake underestimating the server-side traffic and CPU usage of the CPUMining so we now need to hard modify the code to move most of the work-load to the client-side let the server being used only for checking and rewarding. We are optimizing the code so soon the website will be up again with a page for the BrainMining (and soon the BrainCypher). In some days we'll make an update with a new client release and page on website for the CPUMining with a brand new system.

Already sorry for the inconvenient, but we'll work hard to solve any issues that you and we are experiencing.

It's a new kind of BrainMining. We are testing different variations of it but basically you'll receive an image with words and a key and you should be able to decipher them in order to get a reward (or in alternative you'll receive both clear words and ciphered ones and you have to find the key), we'll implement that one in test reveals to be a better compromise between time to complete the task and reward. This is only the begin, we have many other other ideas to implement till reach our main goal that is seeing DIRA implemented in real Web and Mobile games.
Coffeehouse

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:21:08 AM

You should make sure that it can not be automated easily. Because the current way can be botted i think. Use some tool to convert Image to Text, copy that into excel or a form and paste the solution.

That is too computer friendly. You need  riddles for humans.
manofseven

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:32:22 AM

You should make sure that it can not be automated easily. Because the current way can be botted i think. Use some tool to convert Image to Text, copy that into excel or a form and paste the solution.

That is too computer friendly. You need  riddles for humans.

I think your mentioned automated solution is time consuming so that a human by himself is able to solve the problem in a shorter time  Tongue
manofseven

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:34:49 AM

IMPORTANT UPDATE
As you can see enabling again the CPUMining the server went definitely down. We made an upgrade of the host with more RAM and CPU but it is sufficient for the current users but the problem will show again as the number of users grow up. We made a huge mistake underestimating the server-side traffic and CPU usage of the CPUMining so we now need to hard modify the code to move most of the work-load to the client-side let the server being used only for checking and rewarding. We are optimizing the code so soon the website will be up again with a page for the BrainMining (and soon the BrainCypher). In some days we'll make an update with a new client release and page on website for the CPUMining with a brand new system.

Already sorry for the inconvenient, but we'll work hard to solve any issues that you and we are experiencing.

It's a new kind of BrainMining. We are testing different variations of it but basically you'll receive an image with words and a key and you should be able to decipher them in order to get a reward (or in alternative you'll receive both clear words and ciphered ones and you have to find the key), we'll implement that one in test reveals to be a better compromise between time to complete the task and reward. This is only the begin, we have many other other ideas to implement till reach our main goal that is seeing DIRA implemented in real Web and Mobile games.

Great! Waiting for the update devs...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: