Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:39:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [🔥ANN🔥] GOCHAIN - ETH-based smart contract blockchain: fast, secure, green  (Read 38067 times)
faulerwilli

Activity: 980
Merit: 140

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:38:40 AM

I saw on your homepage that i can register for a node. I'm not very fit in the field yet, what requirements do i have to fulfill for a node of yours? Do I need a minimum number of coins from you?
I would like to be with you from the beginning, your project sounds really very interesting
Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:40:48 PM

I see you raised 1,441 ETH in pre-sale very impressive, heard lots of good things about this project, i'm currently reading your whitepaper seems interesting so far.

Wow, that's considerably more than most ICO's i've seen lately, great job guys! High-speed, energy efficient blockchains I think is going to be the next step, it simply isn't sustainable for the amount of electric that BTC uses for it to me used in mass adoption.  1300 transactions a second is very impressive if they achieve it.
phantam

Activity: 546
Merit: 106

Bountyhive.io

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 02:22:32 PM

I am yet to go through the whitepaper but does this mean we will be looking at a "fork" like for ethereum? In the sense that Gochain will be a parallel framework or is it built on top of ETH and solves issues ETH has when it comes to smart contract execution and transactions?

Hello ibininja, GoChain is not a fork of Ethereum but rather an own blockchain built on an upgraded Ethereum code base. This makes GoChain compatible with all existing Ethereum tools and Dapps.

GoChain is mainly solving 3 problems; scalability, energy consumption, and smart contracts improvement.

Please do well to read our whitepaper to have a more clearer view of things. Here's a link to the latest version: https://gochain.io/gochain-whitepaper-v2.1.2.pdf

Interesting. any sol code would work in GoChain then. I remember when kitties where taking over ethereum; the whole network experienced its peak in terms of transactions per second and that sucked because it drove the gas fee up; I remember it was around 60-70 safe gwei.

I think the main problem that has me excited for this as with some other platforms I’m watching is scalability. For a smartchain to be successful world wide once we get to big numbers we will need to see real big world transaction numbers which gonetwork seems to have good plans for
Joekondo

Activity: 226
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:31:04 PM

I saw on your homepage that i can register for a node. I'm not very fit in the field yet, what requirements do i have to fulfill for a node of yours? Do I need a minimum number of coins from you?
I would like to be with you from the beginning, your project sounds really very interesting

Hello there faulerwilli! There won't be any masternodes, so the requirements to become a node won't depend on the N° of tokens.
Instead, companies that are interested in becoming signer nodes can apply to and they'll be reviewed using the following criteria:
1) Market Cap
2) Publicly Traded
3) Brand Significance

Making sure they won't be associated with other pre-existing companies/nodes and from different countries.

You can find out more details on how the Proof-of-Reputation consensus works in the Whitepaper , page 11, section 2 - Implementation. 😉
There's also a Medium article about Proof of Reputation, HERE .
Joekondo

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:37:46 PM

I saw that the token would not be sold to the United States and Canada. It's really a pity. I think American investors should be a big support.

I have not checked project details so don't know if USA citizens can participate in this project or not. But this is possible due to KYC and other approval related issues.

Exactly, for legal reasons, citizens from the United States and Canada will not be allowed to GoChain's token sale.
andreldsg

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:44:47 PM

Greetings GoChain community!

Check out this awesome review Quinten Francois, from Young and Investing, did on GoChain!

Conrad010

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:39:54 AM

What are the incentives for authorized nodes in GoChain's Proof of Reputation consensus system?

In terms of the incentives for becoming an authorised node, new GOC tokens will be created in order to reward validators. These will be created at a rate of 5% of total supply (50,000,000 tokens) in year one, and will decrease over time. The reward for signing blocks is dependent on the time it takes to finalise the block. Transaction fees will also be kept by the authorised nodes.

For more information, check out Section 2.4 of the Whitepaper

If you have any questions or want to get involved with the GoChain community, you can join the GoChain Telegram Group here.

You can also join the Telegram Updates Channel for all the latest news.
ElegantCy

Activity: 424
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:46:27 AM

GoChain is a scalable, high performance, low cost, and decentralized cryptocurrency and blockchain that supports smart contracts and distributed applications.

GoChain's mission is to provide a scalable, low cost, energy efficient platform for digital currency and decentralized applications.

GoChain’s primary goal is to increase performance of Ethereum by 100x (and more in the future), so how will it get there? Well, it's start by replacing Proof of Work with something more sustainable, something that can’t be centralized based on who has more resources (or more money), and something that has the potential of handling a couple orders of magnitude increase in performance. Something like Proof of Reputation.

PoR has a relatively small set of nodes when compared to a Proof of Work network. Why is having a smaller set of nodes better than having thousands? Because you don’t have to keep thousands of nodes in sync. Do you know what the fastest environment is for any networked software? A single machine. Once you go beyond one machine, you have network and bandwidth issues to deal with. When you have thousands of them, these issues compound. If you’re only doing a few transactions per second, it may be OK, but when you’re doing thousands per second, it becomes very hard to keep a large network in sync.
ibininja

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 06:28:10 AM

GoChain is a scalable, high performance, low cost, and decentralized cryptocurrency and blockchain that supports smart contracts and distributed applications.

GoChain's mission is to provide a scalable, low cost, energy efficient platform for digital currency and decentralized applications.

GoChain’s primary goal is to increase performance of Ethereum by 100x (and more in the future), so how will it get there? Well, it's start by replacing Proof of Work with something more sustainable, something that can’t be centralized based on who has more resources (or more money), and something that has the potential of handling a couple orders of magnitude increase in performance. Something like Proof of Reputation.

PoR has a relatively small set of nodes when compared to a Proof of Work network. Why is having a smaller set of nodes better than having thousands? Because you don’t have to keep thousands of nodes in sync. Do you know what the fastest environment is for any networked software? A single machine. Once you go beyond one machine, you have network and bandwidth issues to deal with. When you have thousands of them, these issues compound. If you’re only doing a few transactions per second, it may be OK, but when you’re doing thousands per second, it becomes very hard to keep a large network in sync.

I am curious if Ethereum issues its updates and as we all know it has a dedicated team and we should expect to see updates to tackle several bottlenecks in current architecture. So far we have seen it progress well and how homestead was a good jump. My question is Why another blockchain if the current one can be enhanced? I mean it is likely ethereum will push updates and all especially if Serenity is pushed (PoS) most issue will be addressed it may not be a 100x but still why not just enhance ethereum given it is opensource and all? If I am a miner what would convert me to gochain?

mericy

Activity: 256

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 06:38:35 AM

gochain is very nice program.i hope to join the bounty campaign.but i do not find the link.if i can join it?

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
zoLa#7

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:15:51 AM

I am curious if Ethereum issues its updates and as we all know it has a dedicated team and we should expect to see updates to tackle several bottlenecks in current architecture. So far we have seen it progress well and how homestead was a good jump. My question is Why another blockchain if the current one can be enhanced? I mean it is likely ethereum will push updates and all especially if Serenity is pushed (PoS) most issue will be addressed it may not be a 100x but still why not just enhance ethereum given it is opensource and all? If I am a miner what would convert me to gochain?
Hi, ibininja. Thank you very much for interest in GoChain.
Regarding your question, in PoS again you will have huge energy consumption. Plus, only "big players" will get rewarded, practically it is a closed system and we can't talk about decentralization there.
GoChain is offering new consensus, Proof of Reputation, where validators will be big companies and there is no mining, therefore no costs for power consumption.
I invite you to take a look at whitepaper on https://gochain.io/gochain-whitepaper-v1.pdf

Feel free to join the discussion about the GoChain project on https://t.me/go_chain.
zoLa#7

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:31:07 AM

gochain is very nice program.i hope to join the bounty campaign.but i do not find the link.if i can join it?
Hi, mericy.
Thank you for your interest in GoChain.
Unfortunately, GoChain doesn't have a bounty program.

Join https://t.me/go_chain to stay updated on all the news.
cryptojenny77

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:26:09 PM

🚄 GoChain is ready to give every existing Ethereum app an upgrade in speed and scalability🚄

Find out more in this   Steemit article!

cryptojenny77

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:56:24 PM

✏️Hey, wanna enter a Steemit writing contest sponsored by GoChain? Better hurry because it ends this Monday! ✏️

Joekondo

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:14:45 PM

✏️ Hey GoChain Community! ✏️ 

Here's another example of a well-written Steemit Article!
Especially if you are still wondering, "How Could I Possibly Move from Ethereum ?"
  Grin

Feel free to join the Steemit competition too!  Wink
sushirik

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:29:12 AM

Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/go_chain
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gochaingo
ElegantCy

Activity: 424

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:38:23 AM

Greetings Community,
 GoChain Presale will be live in 1 day and 20 hours:

Price in the presale will be 20,000 GOC per ETH (with 25% Bonus). Price in the main sale will be 16,000 GOC per ETH.

GOC tokens are sold with a fixed rate per eth of 16,000 GOC = 1 ETH
This will be the price during the Public Sale (From 16th to 31st May)

During the PreSale this rate will have a bonus of 25%. (From 1st to 16th May)
Meaning that for the presale, 5 ETH will be 100,000 GOC.

How many pre sale and crowdsale ETH will be collected?
Public Presale: 10,000 ETH, Crowdsale: 12,500 ETH

How much is 1 Token?
You can also do this calculation by dividing 1 eth per the rate in which you are purchasing.

So if you contribute in the public sale it is 1 eth divided by 16,000 GOC = 0.0000625 eth
So for the presale the cost per single token will be 1 GOC = 0.00005 eth

for more information on the token sale, do join us on telegram here:
Telegram link
xcajun21

Activity: 742
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:19:58 PM

I see you raised 1,441 ETH in pre-sale very impressive, heard lots of good things about this project, i'm currently reading your whitepaper seems interesting so far.

Wow, that's considerably more than most ICO's i've seen lately, great job guys! High-speed, energy efficient blockchains I think is going to be the next step, it simply isn't sustainable for the amount of electric that BTC uses for it to me used in mass adoption.  1300 transactions a second is very impressive if they achieve it.

Its not that much, but look how many show interest (9198 registered). I think it would not reach main sale. The team is good and has the blockchain firstly.
andreldsg

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:33:39 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2018, 08:06:35 PM by andreldsg

Wow, that's considerably more than most ICO's i've seen lately, great job guys! High-speed, energy efficient blockchains I think is going to be the next step, it simply isn't sustainable for the amount of electric that BTC uses for it to me used in mass adoption.  1300 transactions a second is very impressive if they achieve it.

Its not that much, but look how many show interest (9198 registered). I think it would not reach main sale. The team is good and has the blockchain firstly.

Thanks for the kind words and the support! But it won't be possible to sell out before the main sale as each phase has different allocations and caps. Wink

Hop in the Telegram Group and join the discussion if you haven't already! Wink

Also, GoChain's presale starts in 1 day and 14 hours! Register now at their website!
xcajun21

Activity: 742
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:59:07 PM

https://medium.com/gochain/how-were-scaling-ethereum-part-2-storage-772223d264af

Chain data that is not needed, being uploaded to cloud service.

In order to reduce the space requirements, they will upload these offchain. Does this imply a form of centralization, as they will upload to the 3 best cloud storage providers, as Amazon S3, etc?

I am guessing they are referring that this data is chiseled and sent across the 50 trusted nodes.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: