Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 04:00:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What makes an altcoin valueable?  (Read 4611 times)
UNOE

Activity: 791
Merit: 271

This is personal

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:53:23 AM

If one creates an altcoin today, what are the 3 most important factors that would make it valuable? Or 3 activities that would do so?

Base quality of every coin no matter what it is(altcoin or like bitcoin) is base structure of coin(speed,security),fanbase(team and website quality). Every sucessful altcoin should base those things to make good future.

AzureDragon

Activity: 244
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:55:12 AM

1. The conception (main goal, achievability and adequacy of results, enclosed funds).
2. The staff (IMHO, in the team of developers there must be at least one IT analyst and one economy-sociology analyst).
3. Adequate target audience (certain consumers).
lil_jb

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:01:25 PM

The real use it’s product has . The community that supports it. The team of devs it has .
petorosconk

Activity: 89

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:04:06 PM

I think altcoins have value because of
1. Team and project behind the coins
2. Product offered by the project
3. Trust from investors and community
I strongly agree with your answer, first the good team will give the project a better chance, the second is the project offered must be interesting to be supported and the third project must be trusted and supported by the investors and the community
samy_sa

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:04:32 PM

If one creates an altcoin today, what are the 3 most important factors that would make it valuable? Or 3 activities that would do so?
there are many factors that we must consider to have a good project, But for now some coins have problem in cases like: fee, speed and security so, if I make new alt coins I will consider below cases:
1- transaction fee and how can reduce the fee
2- security and safety of clients
3- the time of transaction

and if i gonna to select a coins between other coins I consider:

1- team and the main member
2- advisor team
3- the technology of the coin
ReshkiN

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:06:17 PM

If these altcoin's solve an important problem and people will want to use them. But in general now, any altcoin finds its demand and supply thanks to speculators.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1013

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:29:33 PM

I think that the main factor that makes any coin valuable is its utility to society. In the future only those altcoins will remain that are needed by society and can make its life more convenient. I choose (try to) only such projects for a long term.

cryptotsunami

Activity: 114
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:00:56 PM

The three main important factors to me to make altcoin valuable is the team behind the project, unique  project with wide scope that they are trying to accomplish and marketing strategy of the team to make it happen.
redblock

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:12:51 PM

I think that, at least at the beginning, the value is determined by the people, and nothing else. As time passes by, the value increases or decreases based on sentiment mostly, and announcements by the team.
Monro3000

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 05:16:16 PM

1.) The popularity
2.) The popularity
3.) Do not believe me, Pop!
If you look at the fact that everything is spinning in net advertising company. That it was a great and open to all. Another coin was that for any unique technology, but that do not necessarily.

NAVIBRATION  -  feel your way   |   The way of knowing the world, reinvented
▬▬   WHITEPAPER   :   ONE PAGER   ▶  WATCH INTRO
FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   YOUTUBE
rose8963

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:16:40 PM

Chief Executive Officer, project manager and team, performance and practicality of the project. I think that these 3 things are consistent and cohesive that will bring ICO into effect. Sometimes more luck may be needed.
kipozer

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:27:03 PM

I think that the answer here is actually very simple, the fact is that the major currencies you can see on coinmarketcap today have a very large capitalization and people think that coins or projects that have a smaller capitalization will be able to increase their value several times much More quickly than can make coins with greater capitalization
HashieNewb

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:31:13 PM

Chief Executive Officer, project manager and team, performance and practicality of the project. I think that these 3 things are consistent and cohesive that will bring ICO into effect. Sometimes more luck may be needed.
ICO's are only temporary, if there is money gathered from that then they should spend that money on a few market buys.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Cripto.Iberia

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:36:28 PM

I belive at least 80% of altcoins will slowly die in 2018. Usage of coin make it valueable
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:03:15 PM

Provides a solution for a real World problem or greatly enhances an existing solution.
The most important thing which makes any of the altcoin valuable in the market as well as amongst the investors and people is none other the profit which that particular altcoin is providing to its investors. Other than this, the features and characteristics of that altcoin will also play a key role in making that altcoin as investors only invest in that altcoin in which chances of making profit is greater.
jennerpower

Activity: 255
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:11:16 PM

Just my opinion just ignore or you can always correct me if I'm wrong. Altcoins have they're promotions and endorsement to social media to make their product know and to be famous in all over the country. Once they are known investors will try their product and wait for the success of the project. More investors the more value the coin will have. In some exchange sites if the the token/coin is in demand more buy orders will be placed.

wahyu wida

Activity: 826

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:24:52 PM

The community trumps everything.

Look at Doge - it was created as a joke, it was designed to be the opposite of Bitcoin. So it had very high inflation initially, it had infinite coins, it was designed to be mined on laptops, each coin was meant to be worth only a few satoshi, and so on.

But it's still there, it is still used, it has good merchant adoption, thanks to it's crazy community.

Agreed, it's only logical. A good project cannot succeed without community but a bad project can succeed if it has a good community. They're the people who will buy the coin and promote it.

1. Community
2. Product
3. Team

one more, sometime who are endorse a project can determinate  project successed, for excample sether are endorsed by john mcafee, its reached hardcap before time of ico end. so i think this token soon to the moon
carrymentality

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:04:06 PM

Straight and simple replies. I agree with them. I think that what gives value to atlcoins is the technology and concept that backs it up. There are so many altcoins in the market nowadays that it is so hard to choose and gauge which ones would fail or succeed. For that, I think it would be useful to check the market cap of th coin and the plan of the developers, long term on how they plan on achieving greater value for the coin. You could also check how people supports the technology behind it, and if there is staggering support, then it could be a good indicator that it will succeed.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:28:49 PM

Yeah, these 3 things are the most important things I look at for me. Any team that already has a good working product obviously shows the willingness and readiness to always keep doing better in the long run, so with a good team, I can trust my investment.

Also, it is not just about having a product, the product should be a very useful and realistic one that I know would be a good innovation needed which is what would make the demand for such an altcoin basic. The last one however, once a product is sound as well as the team, community will always be strong.
Agathai

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:35:55 PM

Yes, I think these are the three correct things. However, I think that performance and practicality are the most important. It will be like bitcoin, performance, utility, fairness. When used and widely applied around the world.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: