Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:18:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What makes an altcoin valueable?  (Read 4611 times)
brocardinf

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 06:34:14 PM

Desire to receive it. Understand, if tomorrow the majority wanted to buy stones at$ 100, they would be sold at $ 100. Demand creates supply.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
germsite

Activity: 1009
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 12:57:25 PM

Desire to receive it. Understand, if tomorrow the majority wanted to buy stones at$ 100, they would be sold at $ 100. Demand creates supply.

Which is exactly how bubbles are described. Someone goes out there and suggests that something of no value has any value, much like your stone.
gorodi

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 03:09:04 PM

For me I think the value of a coin is it's utility, Bitcoin for example is now been used as a payment option, many people accepts bitcoin, so I believe the moment a coin have utility then it's value will increase.

I think that there are more factors than 3 that makes coin profitable. A team, an advertising company, investors, but for me, the most important thing is a roadmap that always shows goals and deadlines for their achievement.
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 03:54:52 PM

The funny thing is that cryptocurrencies do not have physical referents in the real world, so their price is formed in a sense from nothing. People themselves form the price for these non-existent things, and this is the worst thing, because this is a real bubble whose price is not known to us.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
kriptosan797

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 04:01:27 PM

I think so, altcoin makes a valuable product, technology, marketing, the team that stands behind it,how popular the product is that is promoted to the market, as well as the trust of large investors and private investors.
childish

Activity: 619
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 06:06:03 AM

If one creates an altcoin today, what are the 3 most important factors that would make it valuable? Or 3 activities that would do so?

Team  - Project - Investors
Team is very important because you know team can do everything about that project.
Project is very important because that must be good one. And the project must be promising.
Investors i think the most important thing because i believe investors more than everything.
They are playing the prices they can provide exchange listing to coins. They are helping to coins about their roadmap and other important things.
So you need to look that 3 thing.

I agree with you except for the "investor" part. You don't know who the investors are and you don't know what their terms were. The last point is very important because if they get extremely favorable prices they can dump at the day a coin goes to market.
the coins will be worth when it has a high value and generate more profits. Additionally with Altcoin which is currently experiencing a lot of growth and experience a lot of progress. This will increasingly support Altcoin be precious and generate even more profits.

andor.gellenhidi

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 03:52:45 PM

Any project that has its promises and dividends on the market today for investors or tokens holders, so I think that any step towards successful product development or payments to investors will bring value to the project.
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 03:59:17 PM

If one creates an altcoin today, what are the 3 most important factors that would make it valuable? Or 3 activities that would do so?

The community trumps everything.

Look at Doge - it was created as a joke, it was designed to be the opposite of Bitcoin. So it had very high inflation initially, it had infinite coins, it was designed to be mined on laptops, each coin was meant to be worth only a few satoshi, and so on.

But it's still there, it is still used, it has good merchant adoption, thanks to it's crazy community.
Lol made me laugh mate,though i am really believe about what had happen to dogecoin and until now i am having my own doge in folios.
But this is only isolated cases,and i dont think there will be another doge that will be trusted by investors
The funny thing is that cryptocurrencies do not have physical referents in the real world, so their price is formed in a sense from nothing. People themselves form the price for these non-existent things, and this is the worst thing, because this is a real bubble whose price is not known to us.
You know what is the funny thing?That is there are still someone stupid like you whos spreading shit in this forum and thats always made me smile.you will never get anothing from creating Fud so stop it
thirsten

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 04:59:28 PM

I would say the most important is user-friendliness and security when people do use or invest in it.

The barrier to mass adoption of cryptocurrency is the fact that people who aren't technologically competent aren't even tempted to use it because they're afraid of losing money.

msbtrooper

Activity: 352

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 06:38:23 PM

Considering the principles of elementary economics, the demand of such coin will determine its value. What the team need to do to increase the demand for their coin is to make sure that such coin is out to solve one or more day to day problem. With this, there will be constant demand for such coin and it's volume will increase and thus it's value also will go up. Apart from this, how secure such coin is also have a role to play because this will ensure that more people hold the coin after they know quite well that they are safe holding it
veter2601

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 06:48:01 PM

I believe that the most important thing to altain had a quality innovative product that brings improvements in some area of our lives, it eases it. To do this he must have a good team of developers , a large community of people who trust this project.A very important positive information background.
germsite

Activity: 1009
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 09:49:52 AM

Team  - Project - Investors
Team is very important because you know team can do everything about that project.
Project is very important because that must be good one. And the project must be promising.
Investors i think the most important thing because i believe investors more than everything.
They are playing the prices they can provide exchange listing to coins. They are helping to coins about their roadmap and other important things.
So you need to look that 3 thing.

I agree with you except for the "investor" part. You don't know who the investors are and you don't know what their terms were. The last point is very important because if they get extremely favorable prices they can dump at the day a coin goes to market.
the coins will be worth when it has a high value and generate more profits. Additionally with Altcoin which is currently experiencing a lot of growth and experience a lot of progress. This will increasingly support Altcoin be precious and generate even more profits.

Most of the tokens don't generate any business profits. Therefore they lack value. There are a few exceptions.
iwamoto77

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 10:17:21 AM

Altcoin makes valuable the proposed product, its demand in the market,the team that works on it,also the project and the goal of the project,marketing and promotion in the market..
Handsome Boy
Copper Member

Activity: 812
Merit: 12

I ❤ ₿itcoin and Ethereum

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 10:21:51 AM

in my opinion the 3 most important factors for making an altcoin valuable is :
1. the function of the cryptocurrency project
2. the team or community of the cryptocurrency project
3. the roadmap and whitepaper of the cryptocurrency project
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 10:49:01 AM

I think altcoins have value because of
1. Team and project behind the coins
2. Product offered by the project
3. Trust from investors and community

yes, these three are the most important factors if any one of these are missing the chances of the project to succeed will be very small, the three will compliment each other before the project launch the ICO roadmap and the team behind it is the crucial factor

Babyjamz3026

Activity: 361
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 11:08:07 AM

From my point of view crypto has more that 10 valuable altcoins and all of them serve for different purposes.
That's why I can't stress 1 or 2 tokens. Look at top 50 and select best for your criteria
smileflowers

Activity: 180
Merit: 4

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 11:20:03 AM

first of all, i think it needs to have practical use in the real world. if it is closely connected to our lives, it will survive. in addition, the project team is  also very important. they need a wealth of experience and long-term patience. finally, it needs to be supported by a lot of money.

╭═══════ Petlife ═══════╮
│    Blockchain in veterinary medicine    │
╰════ https://icopet.life/ ════╯
fzatni

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 11:27:31 AM

it seems like most bounty projects that I follow and end successfully there are a number of 1. teams with expertise in their fields 2. real products or their real work 3. there are great benefits for real life
okaypool

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 11:30:36 AM

Naturally, this is a developer with a good reputation, which was not noticed in fraud. And also this is the presence of a working product. And whoever says that, but the marketing part is very important, you need to be able to present your project to investors.
johnalyn

Activity: 314

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 11:31:06 AM

In my mind dreamed Altcoin it can really use in worldwide, can adjust his value in stable one when the market falls down, and the manager must be more active to support his team on what should be done to get the success that needed to the altcoin that he launched. and I think it needed more objectives to add to make it more successful.

Code:
◆Telegram ◆Twitter  ♞♞♚♚    EOSBET- Be the house, get dividends   ♚♚♞♞  ◆Whitepaper ◆Reddit
         ♚♞   Instant dividend payouts based on house profit   ♞♚         
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: