Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:03:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTO IS IN AFRICA TO STAY  (Read 22253 times)
JasonXIII

Activity: 106
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 08:14:53 PM

The biggest issue is the internet connection in Africa

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Strufmbae

Activity: 486
Merit: 27

HIRE ME FOR SMALL TASK

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:23:25 PM

The good thing about cryptocurrency is it is helping a country to move forward and especially in cryptocurrency industry there is no racial discrimination.

If there's a will there's a way.  This never gets old.
swirox

Activity: 160
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 11:48:50 PM

it's really nice to see government understand blockchain and even more when they invest in it because they understood that it's the future, now the question is when do the bigger countries are going to understand it as well.
josephdd1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:57:06 PM

Some countries, Africa included are tired of the western only monopoly and as seeing the new opportunities the blockchain technology can bring, then these countries have the right to act and should act to nurture the technology as it would massively bust their economy - that' s once the infrastructure to support the network would be built
bitcoineverything

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

InvestnTrade. Latest from the crypto space.

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2018, 05:15:01 AM

There is a growing interest in cryptocurrency in Africa currently. A survey even says that 38% of the population wished they have invested in cryptocurrency and 71% believe in its profitability. Due to economic crisis, Africans see crypto as a kind of an oasis.
Mocoinaire

Activity: 211
Merit: 2

ICO Whitepaper Writer, Pitch Decks & Promoter

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 06:05:53 AM

Africa is going to use some of these emerging technologies such as blockchain to solve its challenges. Areas of growing interest where blockchain is important include but not limited to: Agriculture, financial services/inclusion-bitcoin will play a huge role here), aiding SMEs business, supply chain and not forgetting governance and accountability by governments.
mashort

Activity: 281
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 06:45:39 AM

i think the 11 member taskforce led by Bitange is doing a great job. more projects from Africa are launching soon and finally we are taking off
mandoseran

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:32:55 PM

This may sound strange to many crypto industry players, because the current blockchain vision to make the movement of millions of micro transactions around the world has proven to be a difficult challenge to achieve. However, the South African startup Wala proves that with a little ingenuity and an effective approach can make cryptocurrency a better payment mechanism than the traditional way that many African citizens currently do.
D1zee

Activity: 128

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 09:01:42 AM

Guys living in Africe, I wonder whether crypto really solves the problems. I mean, if you wanna buy something tangible, like some food or clothes, but there're problems, does crypto work?
Not at the moment, I don't think there is any country in Africa that accepts cryptos for stuffs like that and I also believe about post some one made up there about corruption. Am African and I know how much corruption is in most of our governments and if there is any country in Africa that wants to implement full fledged crypto operation and supported by the government, then I most say I smell something bad coming cos that's one way to move money around as we know it now without much trace.
minhkhoa

Activity: 325
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:08:02 PM

As the economy is slowly declining along with the devaluation of national currencies, East African community wants to change fate by adopting digital currency. The widespread popularity of Bitcoin and other types of digital money has truly made a milestone in Africa.
Howard Roark

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:13:56 AM

A really interesting thread, I really enjoyed this documentary on community currencies in Kenya which Bancor are involved with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojFPrVvpraU&t
timmydakolo2

Activity: 225
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 10:26:22 PM

I Just hope Crypto is here to stay in Africa that's if the authorities will let it last for a long time without complications at later end.
timmydakolo2

Activity: 225
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 10:28:59 PM

Yes internet is really a problem in Nigeria addition to power these are the major problems we face today and in every day life.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:59:39 AM

Yes internet is really a problem in Nigeria addition to power these are the major problems we face today and in every day life.
I had to strike that out because it is a misleading information. That used to be in the past but not anymore, except you are talking of wanting it for free. People paying a token to get certain private services isn't a problem. Anyone can get monthly data in Nigeria for as low as $2 - $3. Is that a problem? I don't think so.
Mocoinaire

Activity: 211
Merit: 2

ICO Whitepaper Writer, Pitch Decks & Promoter

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:01:37 AM

Alot is happening in Africa in regards to crypto and blockchain usage many people cant even agree this site is ran by Africans www.coinweez.com and more so, Kenyans. Alot happening to watch out there!
entar pasar

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 11:46:09 AM

Block chain in Africa is similar to internet and mobile phones in Africa. It seems complicated when introducing but later becomes a great too for their development.
the development of blockchain technology is too difficult in Africa because the infrastructure development is still low, it is very rare for me to find the success of ICO projects to be developed in Africa, everything is difficult to develop
Timmzzy

Activity: 784
Merit: 34

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 10:13:47 PM

The Kenyan Government (to the blondes - Kenya is a country in Africa) is planning to build a blockchain to support digitalization of their services especially the land registry and other ministries.

It must be hard for some countries to see that they are banning crypto and some African ones are opening to adopt for the future lies in the crypto and blockchain technologies

For sure this a welcomed development to for me CRYPTO coming into Africa, by the way most people in Nigeria have already been into Cryptocurrency right from day one and which have already in terms change the lives of many. I really welcomed this great opportunity.
Timmzzy

Activity: 784
Merit: 34

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 10:19:23 PM

Block chain in Africa is similar to internet and mobile phones in Africa. It seems complicated when introducing but later becomes a great too for their development.
the development of blockchain technology is too difficult in Africa because the infrastructure development is still low, it is very rare for me to find the success of ICO projects to be developed in Africa, everything is difficult to develop

I think everything is due to time and adoption, if it's been give a trial we never can tell it will turn out a success. Am an African which you see I came to love and know about Cryptocurrency even before it became most popular which in terms I heard it was around the corner but wasn't taken serious to be this large in the future and today many people are into Cryptocurrency.
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 4153

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2019, 01:42:45 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2019, 04:32:25 PM by CryptopreneurBrainboss

In most African countries this isn't an issue any more.  We now have internet services but where we have challenges is the cost of the internet service. For example I spend approximately $20 monthly for internet connection which doesn't last for that month and I live in one of the advance country in Africa now imagine what others are passing through 😢
MoonCrypt

Activity: 247
Merit: 16

Learn and Grow

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 09:43:07 PM

Crypto is light to Africa!! it has also enabled some escape the problems in the region. so crypto will thrive n Africa. all it Needs His  Education
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: