Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 03:15:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What should we prepare to give cryptocurrencies to our family after we die?  (Read 349 times)
mangkanor

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:31:52 PM

Maybe some of you just think about investing money and gaining/enjoying profits, but I always think about death  Cry

After I read a recent news article, who couldn't get their son's cryptocurrencies after their son's death,

I am now thinking about what should I do to give my cryptocurrencies to my family after my death?

Give me some suggestions!!!

Im all ears!!

We should be getting our privatekeys in a safepace and put some letter together with your keys in case that you have passed away they will still get your cryptocurrencies.Because we will never know when will we die,because only god knows that.So its better to say than sorry,we can keep our keys with our most precious valuable thing in life so our family will surely see the keys.

VclDm

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:41:34 PM

You should keep the private key of your wallet in a safe place and write the will of its location. I think that's the way to keep your property safe and leave it right for the person you want to hold the crypto number after you die. It is not good to leave too much family property, so stay true to your family while you are alive.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:43:58 PM

Send it via bitbay locked to a certain date

raven.tiu17

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:06:15 PM

Your private key is all that matters, keep that and don't reveal that to anyone except your family and your love ones! but give it to the most important person in your life the most authority will get all of that it depends on him/her on how he/she will withdraw cryptos.
habaratbu

Activity: 174

Private Banking & Trading Platform: Wealth Managem

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:26:45 PM

Maybe some of you just think about investing money and gaining/enjoying profits, but I always think about death  Cry

After I read a recent news article, who couldn't get their son's cryptocurrencies after their son's death,

I am now thinking about what should I do to give my cryptocurrencies to my family after my death?

Im all ears!!

Of course because we should be looking forward for the future,we arent going to live forever and we will eventually will return to dust so we should be doing our best to have a successful life,at the end all of our things will be left our love ones so we need to prepare for our time.Giving your cryptocurrencies to your love ones would be great if you achieved success in life.

napi

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:33:50 PM

Im all ears!!

yes you have to think about it because we also will be able to die therefore we should make notepad data or small note in laptop so your family can open and enjoy cryptocurrency that you have.
BitcoinFrik

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:35:43 PM

Your private key is all that matters, keep that and don't reveal that to anyone except your family and your love ones! but give it to the most important person in your life the most authority will get all of that it depends on him/her on how he/she will withdraw cryptos.

What happens when you don't share it with your family and you still die? The coins will be lost forever or will there be a way to withdraw those money from an address?
Many coins will be locked out forever, just because situations like htis and that people will forget their private keys.
Brothersav

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:14:15 AM

Im all ears!!

Im more focused on building my portfolio first before thinking when I'll cark it  Cheesy Just write down private keys and instructions maybe, put it in a safe and leave it to your family.

kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:47:43 AM

well if possible our family should know cryptocurrencies is the first place. someone close to you like wife or husband or children should know this. then write every details you use like wallets, private key, passwords, exchange site you use, etc. share this to only one you trust and can be trusted.
Lumberjack1935

Activity: 105

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:54:10 AM

One should not think of the good of our family members only when we are not together, but day by day, living today, multiplying opinions, knowledge and experience and seeing people being happy.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: