Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:07:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What should we prepare to give cryptocurrencies to our family after we die?  (Read 346 times)
phelbaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:15:18 AM

This is possible to hand over your private key to a family member who know Cryptocurrency but will always be a problem,other family members will not benefit from this struggle if the one been handed to is a greedy person. 
iblistenan

Activity: 462
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:15:27 AM

I was recently thinking about this myself.

So I sat my partner down (she has no idea how to access wallets etc) and had a chat. I explained where all the important pieces she will need to access my accounts are and told her to contact a close friend of ours (Who knows crypto and how to access wallets) to open my wallet and transfer money she needs.

It was the only way I could think of for now to know my children will have access to it.
Exactly like that, give your child some basic education about blockchain and how it work. left your important private invormation somewhere save but still accessible when you pass away.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1596
Merit: 357

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 10:27:57 AM

Maybe some of you just think about investing money and gaining/enjoying profits, but I always think about death  Cry

After I read a recent news article, who couldn't get their son's cryptocurrencies after their son's death,

I am now thinking about what should I do to give my cryptocurrencies to my family after my death?

Give me some suggestions!!!

Im all ears!!

I think I already read something like this topic before here in the forum but let me answer or give you suggestions regarding the topic. If there is life therefore there is death and that is what we are going to prepare and that is also where we are going either we like it or not. Same as having centralized assets, we can also make a last will with our cryptocurrency funds  either do it now or later. But the safest thing to do it would be teaching our love one's on how it works and how they can use it for a living. Giving them the private key and of course education about crypto is enough for them to have our personal assets.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
kanmo

Activity: 458

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:32:56 AM

If you have hardware wallet you are keeping all your token then my suggestion is that you should let your son to know the pin to unlock your hardware so you can pass it on to your kid. Sensitize your kid about your holdings and cryptocurrency at large.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●    T W I T T E R    ●    T
vrabac68

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:38:18 AM

If you have a big amount of money invested in crypto I think the best way actually is to do a Twitter tutorial with your password And keys And store it in a dare place ( bank, etc...)

Thats great idea @Tamango.Because they are too small too learn now and if we dont have somebody to trust than the best way is too do some kind of a video tutorial and keep it on usb
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 10:41:22 AM

I've already given instructions to family members (really close ones) how to retrive and sell my crypto holdings if i suddently die. For them it would be lifechanging money, so i had to ensure that they wont be sitting on an adress nobody can access.

Keep your family (the ones u trust) informed!!!
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:54:58 AM

Maybe some of you just think about investing money and gaining/enjoying profits, but I always think about death  Cry

After I read a recent news article, who couldn't get their son's cryptocurrencies after their son's death,

I am now thinking about what should I do to give my cryptocurrencies to my family after my death?

Im all ears!!

i am ready about this,i have written some note in ledger telling about what.is crypto and what i have insde this,plus i have talked with my sons about the important of this then i made a video that im explaining everything all i have and what will im having in future,together with the ledger is my passwords connecting them to all my wallets and the funds inside this.same as to my exchange sites.this is how i prepare about death
CrKedd4

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:51:09 PM

All human beings will, of course, experience death, but their rightful possessions and possessions are the descendants of the heirs.
thedarksun

Activity: 639
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:57:08 PM

The best option is prepare something like testament with instruction how working cryptocurrency, and how start invest in it. Some informations which help your family start
ELOCIN

Activity: 276

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:00:56 PM

I think our credentials in our account is best thing to prepare and inform our love ones about this and prepare them and teach them about this crypto currencies. Money can be gone or used empty and cannot be continued but accounts and knowledge about this crypto currencies will be continued. Thats it, you should train your family on how to do it and that is the best way to prepare for your family if your done.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
yareklamator

Activity: 154

Magic is real

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:01:56 PM

Rent a bank cell. There, put the passwords for access, possibly in different banks. There also describe specific instructions how to withdraw money, where to go, what to press, how to sell, where to look.
Make a will and specify in the will this bank cell.
You can say to relatives that you have a cell and a will. But do not say that there.
I think that's enough.
Pompa

Activity: 297
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:56:32 PM

For me the best option for me i think before we die i can give her for my family everything ofcourse on my partner i can tell about in my cryptocurrencies
Aliya Taj

Activity: 226
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:03:55 PM

A clearly stated will with wallet  passwords and instructions on who is to inherit what should be just fine. this will should be stored in a safety deposit box accessed only after you die, this wil ensure that your investment doesn't go to waste after you are gone.
nakamote

Activity: 210

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:05:15 PM

Im all ears!!

Probably you can put your privatekeys in a safe place or you can give the half of the private keys to your love ones,and get a tattoo artist and put it in your butt so before you die tell them to add your tattoo to the half of the keys they had a long time ago,so they can retrieve all of your money using the privatekeys.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
changcloy

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:09:18 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2018, 12:24:17 AM by changcloy

Maybe some of you just think about investing money and gaining/enjoying profits, but I always think about death  Cry

Im all ears!!

My opinion is you can write down all your keys into a notebook and put it in a safety box or make a file on your computer so when the time comes that you die your family can track all your money that you kept in your wallet but i am hoping that there's one family members of yours have an idea about crypto so he/she can understand all the things you write.
Bagorrr

Activity: 350
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:12:23 PM

There are a couple of projects such as DigiPulse, SafeHaven wich decide the problem of crypto assets inheritance
yinyangwinwang

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:18:29 PM

I got nothing right now although I should prepare some sort of guide that helps them. I did hear about an ICO that just came out or is about to and there thing is that they prepare your death will and hold on to it. Not sure how the ICO actually functions but the idea behind it was definitely cool.

DIGITIZECOIN.COM | 25% Bonus for Pre-Sale | Main-Sale April 22 2018
Made In Australia
▬▬▬ ■  WebsiteWhitepaper ■  ANN threadJoin Telegram ▬▬▬
Wallflower28

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:24:02 PM

Im all ears!!

Simply, give them your private keys but be sure that you will give it with all of your hearts. You can also put the printed paper of your private key in a vault wherein your family can look at in case you are died.

cryptotitan

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:24:12 PM

Probably you can put your privatekeys in a safe place or you can give the half of the private keys to your love ones,and get a tattoo artist and put it in your butt so before you die tell them to add your tattoo to the half of the keys they had a long time ago,so they can retrieve all of your money using the privatekeys.
This sounds good,putting have of your private keys in your body and another half in your love ones,so no one can get your cryptocurrencies if you are still alive,this would be the perfect way to give your privatekeys when you know you will die soon,but lets hope that there will be a better way for the events like this.

Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:31:05 PM

A person may make a notary verified document where all the necessary information will be placed. Or just give the family a sheet of paper with keys and instructions.

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: