Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 03:32:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Somethings not right with my rx 580  (Read 126 times)
efabe420 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:34:22 AM

SETUP
MSI B150M BAZOOKA PLUS LGA 1151 Intel B150 Plus
4GB DDR4
Intel Celeron G3920 Dual-Core 2.9 GHz
Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 580 8GB
Asus VCX Mining RX470 4GB

Most people say that basically the entire RX series is best at the dagger hashimoto algorithm but for some reason my RX 580 8GB doesnt do so well. 90% of the time equicash is the most profitable. and even those numbers arent really up to par from what ive read. Profitability calculator says I should be making $2+ per day with this card. Currently get about 290 sols/s equicash...Dagg/hash I only get about 16 MH/s..I do a little better in SMOS than I do in Windows but not much. The crimson drivers helped a little but I tried over and underclocking, either way, any adjustment slows it down.  Maybe thats all Im gonna get? Idk, any help would be appreciated, I am still somewhat new to this.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:41:44 AM

SETUP
4GB DDR4

Most people say that basically the entire RX series is best at the dagger hashimoto algorithm but for some reason my RX 580 8GB doesnt do so well. 90% of the time equicash is the most profitable. and even those numbers arent really up to par from what ive read. Profitability calculator says I should be making $2+ per day with this card. Currently get about 290 sols/s equicash...Dagg/hash I only get about 16 MH/s..I do a little better in SMOS than I do in Windows but not much. The crimson drivers helped a little but I tried over and underclocking, either way, any adjustment slows it down.  Maybe thats all Im gonna get? Idk, any help would be appreciated, I am still somewhat new to this.

You should mod the GPU bios to unleash the true mining power of RX cards, also it is significant to know what mem types are your cards are for proper timings.

modding is not that hard, tutorials here. Always kudos to Mattthev for the guide

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1954245.0
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:44:13 AM

whatever brand RX580 8GB could Hashing at 30-31 MH/s on dagger with modding and OC. you need to modify your Bios card first and use the right driver version (Blockchain/adrenalin) and don't forget to patch your driver signature using atikmdag patcher.
gomeZLTC

Activity: 127
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:45:51 AM

for daggerhashimoto
It easy to mod your GPU bios using one click timing copy on newest Polaris bios editor.
https://github.com/jaschaknack/PolarisBiosEditor

use windows 10 fall creator 1709 plus newest AMD driver.
https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.2.2-Release-Notes.aspx

Patch your driver for modded GPU using atikmdag patcher
https://www.monitortests.com/atikmdag-patcher-1.4.6.zip

other useful tools called DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller)
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
Mapuo

Activity: 910
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:35:16 PM

SETUP
4GB DDR4

Most people say that basically the entire RX series is best at the dagger hashimoto algorithm but for some reason my RX 580 8GB doesnt do so well. 90% of the time equicash is the most profitable. and even those numbers arent really up to par from what ive read. Profitability calculator says I should be making $2+ per day with this card. Currently get about 290 sols/s equicash...Dagg/hash I only get about 16 MH/s..I do a little better in SMOS than I do in Windows but not much. The crimson drivers helped a little but I tried over and underclocking, either way, any adjustment slows it down.  Maybe thats all Im gonna get? Idk, any help would be appreciated, I am still somewhat new to this.

Just follow the instructions from the link step by step.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433925.msg26800863#msg26800863
androstan1234

Activity: 251
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:43:49 PM

You don't need to to use atipatcher with rx580.
Rune_Coin
Copper Member

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:20:07 PM

SETUP
4GB DDR4

Just use NVIDIA - GTX
Sliki

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:26:39 PM

Please can someone recommend an effective mining
Rig for me as I will like to go into mining.
Please don't forget to specify price
And where I can buy them from.
Thanks.
efabe420 (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:33:20 PM

@leonix007 @gomeZLTC @jillscarbrough @Mapuo......Thanks for your input as well as the links, Ive heard this before but I was told there should be a small switch on the board but i sure as hell couldnt find it. If all I need is software, this shouldnt be an issue. Ill post results asap.

You don't need to to use atipatcher with rx580.
    9/10 disagree so Ill go ahead and use it

Just use NVIDIA - GTX
     I wish I would have, especially after learning about the growing DAG size. Unfortunately I am already invested in the AMD route and im not quite ready to give up that easy. Thanks though, you're probably right.

Please can someone recommend an effective mining
Rig for me as I will like to go into mining.
Please don't forget to specify price
And where I can buy them from.
Thanks.
     Really?  I take it your also a newb to forums, google and youtube..I spent days researching crypto mining before I even thought about a purchase. and then another day or 2 crunching hash rate to price ratios and debating how much i want to spend vs how much i want to make. I suggest you do the same but f you want the easy route, Go get some Titan V's or maybe just a Baikal Giant.. Ill let you figure out how much they cost. Not tryin to dis a fellow newb but your misguided out of place post was borderline disrespectful to the people who actually put in the work to get what they want.
androstan1234

Activity: 251
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:34:19 PM

I've never had to use the pixel patcher for rx 580's.  And I've bios modded quite a few of them, several times.

But it probably doesn't hurt to apply it anyway I guess.
efabe420 (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:02:09 PM

I got 1 more question for ya'll if you would be so kind. I keep hearing "disable windows updates" Does that mean all of them, right after the install? security updates, net framework, everything? Or is it just before the driver/bios mods and such, to avoid any reversals or interference from windows? keep in mind I am running windows 7 pro..I already know i should be on 10 but my buddy had a clean install of 7 and I got in trouble with charter a while back for torrenting so ive been trying to avoid it.
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:12:53 PM

You must prevent windows 10 to search for new graphic card drivers. Can't guide you on this, my win10 is in French.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: