Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:30:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When will I be able to see any profit in my altcoins?  (Read 917 times)
quickie69 (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:59:15 PM

Invested beginning January 10th which is now over a month

HODLING the following alt coins which I believe are all great projects:
-ICX
-Dragonchain
-WaBi
-Enigma
-Sub
-Enjin Coin
-POE
-bounty0x
-UTrust
-Medibloc
-Linda

And portfolio is still stuck in 50%. I thought things will get better in February but still not able to see any green.  Huh What can I do? Making me want to give up and sell. I don't know how long more to wait from here. Will I see any light?  Embarrassed Embarrassed
Geoff999

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:09:27 PM

A month isn't really a long time.

If you think the projects are great, don't just watch the price, see what developments are coming out in the coming months etc,

At the moment its BTC time to grow, then Altcoins will follow - then there will be a correction. Then the market will repeat at a slightly higher position than the last cycle.
Legion13

Activity: 323
Merit: 23

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:28:08 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2018, 03:56:41 PM by Legion13

Currently most of the money is flowing into Bitcoin since its going up. As a result you won't see a lot of gains in your Alt-coins. The USD value of the Alts is stagnant which correlates to their drop in BTC value. The last market crash has caused a lot of Alt-cons to drastically drop in its value due to a lot of FUD. But you are lucky you have invested at the right time. Its like a 50% sale from their all time high prices. Once BTC attains a stable value which I hope so, the money should pump up a lot of Alt prices. Its a cycle that repeats usually. Everything depends on Bitcoin.

My portfolio went from $10,000 to $3000 and now its at $5000. I am not worried since I will be holding the coins for a long time.

You might also consider rechecking your portfolio and look for some other coins such as NEO, VEN, NANO, PRL etc. But since you say you are okay with the above ones then it might go well for you since I believe you have gone though their whitepapers.

All my trades need to be verified on the forum. Please send me a PM here first to confirm you are talking to me. Don't deal with anyone impersonating me on telegram.

P.S: I never ask trusted members to go first.
Lastsamuraj

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

Prontapay

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:44:53 PM

Same story as in november.Bitcoin going down,alts as well,bitcoin going up fast,alts down as well,not fair but true.Hope that we are gonna see december soon

pacifista

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:45:07 PM

Wait atleast a year before you can see the profit that youve made by holding it for a long period of time. From all the coins that tou mention only dragonchain is what i like the most.
Pasnik

Activity: 649
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:40:52 PM

Patience is your best key to earned profit for all the coins you have. You may check each project updates for you to know if their is development and if its worth hodling coins. I liked on the above list coins are icx, dragonchain and utrust, I believe it will grow its value in the coming months.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 04:42:41 PM

-ICX
-Dragonchain
-WaBi
-Enigma
-Sub
-Enjin Coin
-POE
-bounty0x
-UTrust
-Medibloc
-Linda

And portfolio is still stuck in 50%. I thought things will get better in February but still not able to see any green.  Huh What can I do? Making me want to give up and sell. I don't know how long more to wait from here. Will I see any light?  Embarrassed Embarrassed

Its okay, i think majority (At least 70% of user will be in the same situation which is 30-50% down since the time they bought. Same like my friends

Anyway, been in the crypto for 2 year. I can tell you that if you are confident in the industry, just hold onto it, don't let others disrupt the decision that you made Smiley
davidcarpediem

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:56:31 PM

-ICX
-Dragonchain
-WaBi
-Enigma
-Sub
-Enjin Coin
-POE
-bounty0x
-UTrust
-Medibloc
-Linda

you invested in good coin  ICX WABI UTRUST SUB ... but the problem if you look market cap ..that the money left from 12 january ....bad timing invest but easy to say now ..so just let you time ..the best will be to dont look for a month or 2 ..and then smile
i am curious about the opinion of the legendary and other ..tell us guy Smiley
if you invest 1000 $ in a bank you win 50 or 100 $ in a year( if super lucky before taxes) ...leave the same time and check waht you think about crypto Wink
swissgang

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 05:11:41 PM

Your coins are not good investments at all, altcoins are in fact very risky investments, but people always think about profit, you may see big losses as well. But if they are legit, good projects, they will rise.

joann15

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 05:17:27 PM

-ICX
-Dragonchain
-WaBi
-Enigma
-Sub
-Enjin Coin
-POE
-bounty0x
-UTrust
-Medibloc
-Linda

You can use Blockfolio apps if you want to monitor your coins regarding your earnings you can put there what price you buy and how many and see the percentage of your trade if it's positive or negative.

davidcarpediem

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:26:18 PM

Your coins are not good investments at all, altcoins are in fact very risky investments, but people always think about profit, you may see big losses as well. But if they are legit, good projects, they will rise.
you have a lot of merit so i believe what you say
but can you explain more and give him and us some direction  then 1) what you recommend 2)" altcoin are very risky " so only thing left is BTC
davidcarpediem

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:27:44 PM

You can use Blockfolio apps if you want to monitor your coins regarding your earnings you can put there what price you buy and how many and see the percentage of your trade if it's positive or negative.
i like more Delta ..more stable ..ergonomic
dustboy

Activity: 1022
Merit: 517

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:45:17 PM

but can you explain more and give him and us some direction  then 1) what you recommend 2)" altcoin are very risky " so only thing left is BTC

Merit has nothing to do with this discussion, his merit is not even earned from his post because he got it for free when the merit system was introduced. Just like mine, I have 500merit.  Back to topic, what he say is right that altcoin investment is very risky as well as bitcoin. There is no investment without risks.

And portfolio is still stuck in 50%. I thought things will get better in February but still not able to see any green.  Huh What can I do? Making me want to give up and sell. I don't know how long more to wait from here. Will I see any light?  Embarrassed Embarrassed

You need to hold it longer, 1-2 month is still short time for altcoins holding if you ask me. If you give up too early then you will lose, dont do it unless you are in a hurry to get cash for urgent thing.
Tiennou74

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:46:27 PM

-ICX
-Dragonchain
-WaBi
-Enigma
-Sub
-Enjin Coin
-POE
-bounty0x
-UTrust
-Medibloc
-Linda

Wait till March 2018 then you might feel better OR Sold it then buy some other coin !!
Happy Trading
Thanks
Regards
davidcarpediem

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:50:05 PM

Merit has nothing to do with this discussion, his merit is not even earned from his post because he got it for free when the merit system was introduced. Just like mine, I have 500merit.  Back to topic, what he say is right that altcoin investment is very risky as well as bitcoin. There is no investment without risks.

And portfolio is still stuck in 50%. I thought things will get better in February but still not able to see any green.  Huh What can I do? Making me want to give up and sell. I don't know how long more to wait from here. Will I see any light?  Embarrassed Embarrassed

You need to hold it longer, 1-2 month is still short time for altcoins holding if you ask me. If you give up too early then you will lose, dont do it unless you are in a hurry to get cash for urgent thing.

i dont say it is not risky i start 20 november the 10 jan i was x4 . and now i am only at x1,4 ahaha . what i did not like it "say  Your coins are not good investments at all"... it is risky but then you can put money in bank and wait 2% return a year ..before tax ...
Kulllianll

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:32:42 PM

Patience, here's the main quality in crypto. I think that in a couple of months the picture will be much better. If you certainly did not buy everything at the ATH. Then you have to wait longer.
justin86

Activity: 406

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:40:06 PM

Patience is the key not only in crypto but also in everything, you bought them in a good time, just be patient and hold them, you can sell them for lots of profit in a few months.

BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:37:36 PM

-ICX
-Dragonchain
-WaBi
-Enigma
-Sub
-Enjin Coin
-POE
-bounty0x
-UTrust
-Medibloc
-Linda

And when did you bought all of those coins? If you have only been holding your coins for a month or two then you got the wrong idea of crypto, there are some people able to earn a fortune in just a few months but those are the exception, those that have accumulated a great deal of profits are those that held their coins for years even when others told them their coins were useless and the they needed to sell, the issue with your portfolio is that I do not see coins in the top of the market cap this means you took a great risk choosing those coins.
weav

Activity: 350

- "Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday"

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:50:57 PM

I am not gonna talk about the coins you are holding , but you won't see big profits this soon. You have to be patient for at least a couple of months. And even some more , because if you sell to soon you will regret it.

CryptRoller

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 09:55:38 PM

Be patient. Make a deal with yourself not to check their price too often.
Without any knowledge of the coins you are holding, chances are that more then half of them will fail.
With a little luck 1 or 2 will make you happy enough to compensate for the others.

[   eGOLD  M I N I N G   ]    Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.
                                INVEST NOW                              
❪❪ WP | How it Works ❫❫   ◾ telegram  ◾ facebook  ◾ twitter
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: