Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:30:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When will I be able to see any profit in my altcoins?  (Read 917 times)
kulakvlad

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:27:20 AM

Do not sell anything and just wait, so you definitely will not lose anything. If possible - buy the same coins on the drawdown.

LazyBitInvestor

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:37:36 AM

Hey man, just relax and don't open blockfolio/cryptocompare every hour: if you are HOLDer (But you are totally HOLDER because already have 50% Loss  Smiley) then wait minimum a half a year, but better a whole year.

beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1160

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:45:07 AM

Do not sell anything and just wait, so you definitely will not lose anything. If possible - buy the same coins on the drawdown.
But when I am looking into his portfolio, he is not having any well established coins and all the coins are newer to the market and they might need some more time to show potential if they have any. Like any new typical investors, OP is also looking is for making profit in quick time but it is a common psychology of all the investors, we cannot blame. But, to have definite profit, it is always suggested to go with only highly reputed coins like bitcoins. So that seeing profits within days will be possible like if we have bought when bitcoin prices hit $6000 some weeks back.

Altcoins may let you make profits in short-term but we cannot estimate any time-frame for that to happen. If you choose new projects then we must give them enough time to show case real time potential which will be attracting more investors which will be eventually leading to higher prices for those coins.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
onebtcforlife

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:03:32 PM

Don't plan to sell them now, because already you said 50% loss so it is always good to wait until Bitcoin market settles. This is not a money making scheme you have to risk in order to make money, be patient and hold the coin for another 6 months in order to make money.
bhobafett

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:34:39 PM

Do you think that you're the only one who's into this kind of dilemma? Everybody keeps on asking the same question as yours. This is very common when you become a trader. Prices are not always high as you expected.

Accumulate Bitcoin. The bottom is in or near it.
kom1231

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:51:24 PM

The main thing is do not despond, your portfolio has promising coins, the main thing is to wait, patience is rewarded
mikyadel

Activity: 448

Arabic Translator

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:14:15 PM

you will begin to see green once btc price stabilize , be patient . for other 50% i recommend so some trading instead of just staking coins

Blackyed

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:16:26 PM

You need to wait 3 to 10 Year depending on the project and when it started. For short time profits,  even daily, between 2% and 40%, you need to study  how to trade and dedicate a lot of time to it.
Puroc

Activity: 139

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:36:56 PM

Right now you can't your profit from the coins that you hold. Why its because of the crushed, so you have to wait at least six months to one year, and while waiting sell those tokens that you see it won't grow and buy new promising tokens to keep.
NeverSop

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

HODL

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:15:14 PM

You need to wait 3 to 10 Year depending on the project and when it started. For short time profits,  even daily, between 2% and 40%, you need to study  how to trade and dedicate a lot of time to it.
The market is in a stable stage and needs positive signals from investors to be able to grow stronger. I think the market will continue to stabilize until May and then there will be a lot of volatility and strong growth until the end of the year. If you are holding a lot of altcoin you can continue to keep some time and do not bother about it, in the next 2 months things will change a lot.

TravelMug

Activity: 2646
Merit: 838

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:25:08 PM

A month isn't really a long time.

If you think the projects are great, don't just watch the price, see what developments are coming out in the coming months etc,

At the moment its BTC time to grow, then Altcoins will follow - then there will be a correction. Then the market will repeat at a slightly higher position than the last cycle.

We really need patience specially that the market seems to be very slow and bearish. Its no longer December anymore wherein we witness altcoins suddenly took the limelight from bitcoin and most of the top ten coins soars high.

As for the OP, looks like you have a solid portfolio, but just like I said, patience is the key here. I myself has lost more than $1K from my 1 altcoin alone and everyday I'm losing more. Just continue to hodl and I'm sure we could bounce back and eventually take out profits in the future.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
LodisMcguire

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:38:23 PM

Keep your open for the news of major update on those coin and be patient.When you know date of the update,you can prepare to buy more a few days before the release.Usually after some major update,the price of that coin will skyrocket for a time,don't let those chance slip.Just keep searching the news of development for all those coin.
Bestfriendko

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:24:30 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2018, 08:26:46 PM by Bestfriendko

Invested beginning January 10th which is now over a month

HODLING the following alt coins which I believe are all great projects:
-ICX
-Dragonchain
-WaBi
-Enigma
-Sub
-Enjin Coin
-POE
-bounty0x
-UTrust
-Medibloc
-Linda

And portfolio is still stuck in 50%. I thought things will get better in February but still not able to see any green.  Huh What can I do? Making me want to give up and sell. I don't know how long more to wait from here. Will I see any light?  Embarrassed Embarrassed

Only a month, and your patience is already at the edge of the line? You will not gain anything if you continue to be like that. Forget your portfolio. Get your thoughts into something else, do some bounty campaigns. I'd say in 5 months time, you will see green butterflies swirling around your head and pocket...
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:30:00 PM

Do not loose hope mate, most of your coins are good quality ones so just hold and believe in them they will definitely provide good profits once market volume grows to previous highs.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
qwertylolxd

Activity: 322
Merit: 31

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:42:22 PM

Keep it till the end of the year and then you will definitely get a good profit, be patient and at least keep 3 months.
krevetka__detka

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:02:36 PM

-ICX
-Dragonchain
-WaBi
-Enigma
-Sub
-Enjin Coin
-POE
-bounty0x
-UTrust
-Medibloc
-Linda

And portfolio is still stuck in 50%. I thought things will get better in February but still not able to see any green.  Huh What can I do? Making me want to give up and sell. I don't know how long more to wait from here. Will I see any light?  Embarrassed Embarrassed

you should not have invested in these coins. in your place I would sell and do not wait for a worse end.
PancherBitCoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 317

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:41:42 PM

-ICX
-Dragonchain
-WaBi
-Enigma
-Sub
-Enjin Coin
-POE
-bounty0x
-UTrust
-Medibloc
-Linda

ada banyak spekulasi yang berkembang dari awal tahun hingga akhir tahun 2018.penurunan harga altcoin juga bisa dikatakan ikut berimbas dari penurunan drastis nilai bitcoin di pangsa pasar lo gan.
kondisi seperti agan juga dialami oleh beberapa bitcoiners lain, menurut saya agan harua bersabar dan menentukan sikap hold sambil menunggu harga ideal untukdi post
You probably should be more attentive and translate the language of Indonesian into English. At least many users could understand what is at stake and what do you mean about this issue.
burdeN

Activity: 364
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:47:10 PM

I think all market and alts, in particular, will be mooning at the end of the may / beginning of June. We've experienced the same market behavior last year.
Cryptodaddy05

Activity: 252
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:21:17 PM

A month isn't really a long time.

If you think the projects are great, don't just watch the price, see what developments are coming out in the coming months etc,

At the moment its BTC time to grow, then Altcoins will follow - then there will be a correction. Then the market will repeat at a slightly higher position than the last cycle.

This is good advice to the OP, with research and belief in the altcoins you hold being important to give you strong hands to hold and wait for the gains to come - and understanding that the market cycles and moves in waves with BTC being the first mover up to a new all time high in a new cycle followed by the large altcoins making their gains and then the better and new smaller altcoins making big gains, before an over 50% crash of BTC and bigger losses for altcoins before the cycle starts again a few months later.

My thought was that the OP should have at least half the portfolio in BTC to catch the next move up to 20K plus which should come by mid-May, and that then profits can be put in good altcoins for their large rises after that along with the altcoins already held - and thought profits from the altcoins should be put into BTC or a fixed price coin or fiat before the crash that will follow to a higher low.

Hello to Viper 🐍 - sorry Viser & Kavad 🍺
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1136

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:41:31 PM

I think all market and alts, in particular, will be mooning at the end of the may / beginning of June. We've experienced the same market behavior last year.
We might see the same route on previous years but we cant be sure if we would definitely go the same path again for this year. We hope we would recover up prices and see new ATH to this year and i do somehow anticipated for such thing to happen since market isnt really always going down and down.There would be always a recovery after such price decline.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: