Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:31:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New bread of 5850's in the wild :) (HARDWARE)  (Read 5628 times)
m3sSh3aD (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 11:03:22 AM

Can someone else confirm about a new revision of shapphire xtreme HD 5850's in the wild and if so, what there able to get from the card.

My storey is i went out to make a rig of 2 systems with 4 cards each. Blew a 850 PSU on the way but i ended up for 6x 5850's (above mentioned). With a volt mod in trixx all of them bar 1 did 1000/300 @ 1.2v or less which i was more than happy with. Unusually with the 4 cards in, the 1st card needs slowing to 945 to get the best speed out of it. It bombs ober that. Very weird. Pic below:

http://imgur.com/xuDAN

Anyways, Off to get some more and low and behold, the new one as the power connectors on the side! not the BACK of the card like all thge others. Closer inspection, things are different! there are more like 24 VRM's to the 12 on the others, and there also set closer to the display ports (away from gpu heat). The code for it is 230SA at the end of the P/N, not the 000SA thats seen on all the others.

299-2E174-000SA

http://imgur.com/kHnpy

299-2E174-230SA

http://imgur.com/DGNCp

There are also changes at the back of the board but im guessing that's for the difference in the position of the power connectors.

So, I promptly whacked it in the system and saw that its not added to the shapphire trixx suite and thought o no Sad I endevered to see what it can do at stock and i think the picture below says it all!!!!

http://imgur.com/EqiZC

Thats 1015/300 at 1.088 volts (stock). You cant volt mod these monsters yet but the double vrms seem to have solved there problem with the OC'ing, can this card beat all available cards out there.... i dare say 1100 is possible when shapphire release the trixx software for this card Smiley

If your not tech savvy, these cards run 35% faster guarenteed. This new bread is looking likie it may reach 60% and behond. This makes it by far the best card for £££ @£120 Tongue

You see why i dont want post this in newbie section but i want know if anyone else has landed a gfem Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
m3sSh3aD (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 11:09:03 AM

Links below pics show full image
m3sSh3aD (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 01:53:56 PM

See, no interest here! Can a mod move this to hardware section at least! People talking about this stuff there at least!!!!!!
Ryu.Hayabusa

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 03:08:33 AM

Those components you have a red box around are not VRMs, they are capacitors, and the black ones might be resistors.  They could be connected to VRMs, however you will have to take off the heatsink of the card to confirm that.

If I was able to help you out, please consider donating.  Any amount is greatly appreciated! Smiley         
LTC LYxUfCXVHVkBv2S8H21NK6UnFnXmNaVqv6   XRP rHAYiZ3f7QGLa4qsVPjLsVEmwUQ9nSMq86
m3sSh3aD (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 09:32:30 AM

Those components you have a red box around are not VRMs, they are capacitors, and the black ones might be resistors.  They could be connected to VRMs, however you will have to take off the heatsink of the card to confirm that.

Hey mate. Im certain they are, there all getting good temps when tested with IR thermometer. 79 to 92-83 along the line of the 230SA varient. IM CERTAIN of it Smiley But its my mates cardx in all honesty that one.But im poicking 2 up later so will have a closer inspection then Smiley Stable for 48 hours counting at 1015/300 STOCK Smiley gotta be close to a record stock Smiley
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 09:41:25 AM

But can you actually buy them anywhere?
m3sSh3aD (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 12:04:09 PM

I know somewhere local. As loads of them. I just checked with them in fact and they got loads of them. I think shapphire have started another run of 5850's due to demand, but also revised it. If you want one ill pick up and sell you them for £160 Thats P&P and finder's Fee Smiley No hidden costs, id pick it up and post it straight to you. UK only obviously. These are precious cards so im keeping them close to my chest. I can only give you my word im a honest and genuine person obviously and im new here but im sure you can see im here for the cause, and I ACCEPT BITCOINS OF CAUSE Smiley

Although, i could just have been lucky. When i have another, i will test it more more. Thinking zalman VGA cooler Smiley
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 12:05:57 PM

bread.... breed

cause.... course

You should work on the correct word choice in my opinion.
m3sSh3aD (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 12:21:17 PM

English aint my strong point mate. Neither do i care much. More hands on, as you can see........ Smiley
m3sSh3aD (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 12:25:23 PM

and to be honest, the abuse ive had so far from trying to help is unreal. Stick to buying your £500 (EDIT: £620 sorry!!!!) 6990 hogs and beasts throwing your money away. No skin off my nose. Ill beat that with 2 cards worth alot LOT LESS! nearly £400 less haha Smiley

they really need to shiv the **** out of this forum, its awful. My $0.02
m3sSh3aD (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 03:34:16 PM

I've just ordered one of these, not sure what manufacturer it is..

I'll post here when I get it.

I wonder if it's only Sapphire cards.?

Im on about shapphire xtreme, specifically Wink even more so, revision number Smiley
gigabytecoin

Activity: 280
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 07:51:23 PM

I've just ordered one of these, not sure what manufacturer it is..

I'll post here when I get it.

I wonder if it's only Sapphire cards.?

Im on about shapphire xtreme, specifically Wink even more so, revision number Smiley

The sapphire 5830 extremes worked wonders for me too. The 2L version, latest apparently. Got them up to about 315mhash. Go sapphire!
m3sSh3aD (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 09:49:11 PM

The 5830's did look good cards to me to but the 5850 is by far the best value. Catfish got my shop Smiley They were 120 l when i brought 6, THe old revision. My friend got one before the £120 deal finished and his was this new revision. They were £135 after until about mid day yesterday when they went back down to £120 (seemingly for good) and the 5830 & 5870 have gone off there listings. I think a previous post might be right, Theres 4 VRMs, on both :/ But theres defo different power layout on them which is making a huge difference. I've had return 2 of the 6 i got origionally as they dont work with diablo or pheonix when in a 4 card system, stopping the other 2 extra cards working also. Very strange but i returned them and picking up new ones tomorrow now as they've tested for faults and found them suprisingly. The cards still work per say except for phoenix and diablo so im happy they were able to find a fault. Hopefully 2 new revision ones Smiley I'm guessing if you ordered them within last 2-3 days, there new revision Smiley

All my 6 cards do at least 1000/300 (or over) @ 1.2Volts or less, except one which as to be put to 1.183V @ 995/300. It wont do 1000 no matter what Sad All them cards are well over 400mhash mate. There 410-420 using the phatK with update. ANd modified instructions. Workload 256, Fastloops, BFI_INT, Agression 13. This new revision is 420mhash all day long at 1015/300. Just unbelieveably at stock voltage Cheesy I use PC also so have way better graphics drivers. Im using the old 10.4 drivers with the 2.1 stream software. Stream 2.2 onwards isnt as fast for mining, It gets an extra 10 or so mhash Smiley Also, going below 300 on my memory clock bombs my mhash. as does increasing it. 300 seems to be the sweet spot for me Smiley

If you look at my first pic, you see 4 instances of phoenix, 400/412/412/412 mhash, thats the origional (old ref cards). Diablo is running in the last pic with the new ref card so it shows all 4 cards in one mhash. But in phoenix it pulls 420mhash with the extra clock Smiley All at 1.088Volts is VERY impressive. Thats 40% overclock approaching!!!

Shapphire have caught my eye for a few years, as HTC have in phones (been open and all Smiley) Cant believe your using mac, Mac's are for sheeple, the brain dead and not so tech savvy Tongue There proving that with the way there taking the company these days. Dumbed down for all Smiley Suppose there cattering for a big segment of people though these day....... God for bid they think for themselves Tongue Back to shapphire, There DEFINITLY the best boards out there and id say the coming future. Making trixx was also a good sign of them supporting people like me and thee. I havent had so much fun with computers since the 90's for the simple fact that theres no need to push your hardware these days........ UNTIL NOW Smiley

BobbyJo

Activity: 358

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2011, 10:14:48 PM

What mother board are you using to get 4 cards on?  Im looking at putting a 4 card rig together but the motherboard is as pricy as a decnt card!

Ryu.Hayabusa

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 10:36:11 PM

Hey mate. Im certain they are, there all getting good temps when tested with IR thermometer. 79 to 92-83 along the line of the 230SA varient. IM CERTAIN of it Smiley But its my mates cardx in all honesty that one.But im poicking 2 up later so will have a closer inspection then Smiley Stable for 48 hours counting at 1015/300 STOCK Smiley gotta be close to a record stock Smiley

Here is a link to a surface mount (SMD) capacitor: http://www.wholesale-electrical-electronics.com/p-smd-capacitor-1812-250v-474k-976533.html

And the actual image:

If I was able to help you out, please consider donating.  Any amount is greatly appreciated! Smiley         
LTC LYxUfCXVHVkBv2S8H21NK6UnFnXmNaVqv6   XRP rHAYiZ3f7QGLa4qsVPjLsVEmwUQ9nSMq86
m3sSh3aD (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 11:35:47 PM

Erm, you defo got the wrong end of the stick haha. I wasnt insulting you personally, i was meerly putting my thoughts on the whole apple situation. Fair play, you open the mac OSx etc etc. Credit to you but APPLE AS A COMPANY and where there taking the apple brand seriously cant settle well with you either Smiley Im 28, And i got no time for crap either Smiley Sorry if you feel i offended you from a comment about my PERSONAL opinions about GENERAL apple users/hardware/software. You make it so its how the equipment IS MEANT TO BE, not with apples gayness jizz all over it. I dont like been locked down and told what i can and cant do with something I HAVE PURCHASED, i.e, I OWN! Smiley Face time a new feature? I swear video chat was on phones in the year 2000 or so haha. 2010 and apple have invented it!!! RIGHT! there claims and some of there patents they ARE ACTUALLY AQUIRED in the lovly US of A is pure stupidity and ridiculas. The cost of there hardware is ridiculas. I priced a top end mac for a laugh and compared it to an equivilant PC. It was £28,000 for the mac, £7,500 for the PC. 32GB ram from Apple, £4,000+, PC, £400. This is true through most of apples 'upgrades'. UNIX is a VERY capable piece of software and its a shame its disapearing into the abyss. Linux is a decent varient of it though and ALOT more user friendly im sure you'll agree Smiley

So please, accept my appology if you thought it was directed PERSONALLY at you Smiley OSX is OSX, not UNIX, i cant do what i can do on unix on OSX Smiley

Ill post more info on this in the hardware section, although i been logged in on here for over 2 days now
 it still only says 3 hours and 30 minutes. Ill wait till it goes 4 hours and get ouyt of this section Smiley
m3sSh3aD (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 11:38:51 PM

Here is a link to a surface mount (SMD) capacitor: http://www.wholesale-electrical-electronics.com/p-smd-capacitor-1812-250v-474k-976533.html

And the actual image:

Ah, ill remove the cover on the ones i get tomorrow as the one i have isnt actually mine to take apart Smiley I think i may have been right first time. As i said above. Ill post a new thread in hardware with pics of both the new and old with covers off. i wanted try out them zalaman vga coolers anyways Tongue
m3sSh3aD (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 11:41:45 PM

What mother board are you using to get 4 cards on?  Im looking at putting a 4 card rig together but the motherboard is as pricy as a decnt card!

Use PCI-Ex1 to PCI-Ex16 extenders/PCI to PCI-E x16 extenders, Cablesaurous (spelling) sells them or ebay Smiley Then you just use a cheap board/processor/ram. Everythings cheap cheap except PSU and video Wink
trentzb

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 12:10:53 AM

As Ryu mentioned, the components circled in red are SMD capacitors.
m3sSh3aD (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 12:36:19 AM

Right, im confusing myself here Smiley VRM's are big black things im guessing, If so, theres 4 on each. But again, the layout is slightly different. Bit of a DOH! moment there for me Tongue

Ive noticed they have 000SA and 230SA varients in there 4850 line also, so maybe it some kind of planned revision they do on all cards? Seems unusal to hold back power but it wouldnt suprise me in this day and age. I mean, release the best it can be after the next series is out is a bit....... gay Smiley

3 hours 53, Why as it ttok me 2 days of been logged in to get 4 hours, Infact, im logged in on 2 comps right now, I want double time Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: