Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:16:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which DEX will win the duel  (Voting closed: March 22, 2018, 07:43:56 PM)
EtherDelta - 8 (16%)
ForkDelta - 31 (62%)
Both - 11 (22%)
Total Voters: 50

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EtherDelta vs ForkDelta  (Read 2541 times)
Crasengover (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:43:56 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2018, 08:37:33 PM by Crasengover
Merited by andrii.povkh (1)

Just a week ago I found that EtherDelta has been forked and the new DEX is called ForkDelta. If has open sourse and uses the same contact as EtherDelta. And while ED has a lot of performance issues now, ForkDelta works perfectly. What are your thoughts about the new DEX and which one of them will win in this duel?

I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BattleZeo

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

Global loyalty & rewards

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:47:18 PM

Just a week ago I found that EtherDelta has been forked and the new DEX is called ForkDelta. If has open sourse and uses the same contact as EtherDelta. And while ED has a low of performance issues now ForkDelta works perfectly. What are your thoughts about the new DEX and which one of them will win in this duel?
I think Forkdelta will win, but I don't trust this exchange yet. Now so many exchanges that Forkdelta will be difficult to compete. I think Cobinhood nice exchange.

crimsongoth

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 07:53:36 PM

I don't think there is a big difference in between them. Forkdelta will carry the same problems as it comes from the same bases. As a result, it may be seen as faster than the lack of transaction intensity and the lower number of users in the beginning, but it is unclear what shape it will take after this.
andrii.povkh

Activity: 131
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:55:49 PM
Merited by Crasengover (1)

Forkdelta is obviously better in any way then etherdelta. You don't need to create an order several times as on etherdelta. And it is actually not blocked for some countries as etherdelta, and you don't need to use VPN.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:56:35 PM
Merited by Crasengover (1)

Just a week ago I found that EtherDelta has been forked and the new DEX is called ForkDelta. If has open sourse and uses the same contact as EtherDelta. And while ED has a low of performance issues now ForkDelta works perfectly. What are your thoughts about the new DEX and which one of them will win in this duel?
I think Forkdelta will win, but I don't trust this exchange yet. Now so many exchanges that Forkdelta will be difficult to compete. I think Cobinhood nice exchange.

how can we assure that this forkdelta will not be a trap?
this might just a fishnet that will be caught us in the middle of the ocean of trading market.
Is there any news or announcement link for this? wanna read it first before trying it. hacked of ED before was really scary.
Crasengover (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:07:55 PM

this might just a fishnet that will be caught us in the middle of the ocean of trading market.
Is there any news or announcement link for this? wanna read it first before trying it. hacked of ED before was really scary.

The only information i found is this blog:
https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherDelta/comments/7odsni/i_forked_etherdelta_forkdelta/

So until they use the same contract as EtherDelta it looks ok, but they plan to change it when they get enough users. So let's wait and see what happens next.

cryptopusa

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:08:53 PM

There =is no official statement regarding the forked website so it has higher chance that this forkdelta could be a scam,because if some fork happened to etherdelta surely the owners would have announced it already which we see didnt happened .Forkdelta is looking good but i really doubt its credibility might be the bigger issue.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
Crasengover (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:10:48 PM

Forkdelta is obviously better in any way then etherdelta. You don't need to create an order several times as on etherdelta. And it is actually not blocked for some countries as etherdelta, and you don't need to use VPN.

Yes one of the main advantages of ForkDelta is that I don't need to use VPN anymore.

wilberthh

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:11:26 PM

After reading the comments I think I have come to a conclusion that forkdelta is better than etherdelta although I never used this site yet. Is this a new site? I'll probably start using it later on.  Etherdelta is not that bad actually. But if it's true that forkdelta is better than etherdelta, then I'll use it for sure. Thank you for sharing!
N-gen

Activity: 289

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:22:17 PM

Forkdelta may be better than etherdelta, but we need to be careful, it's because a lot of exchange is scam and very dangerous, maybe for now, etherdelta is much safer
cryptopussies

Activity: 196

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fun

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:35:24 PM

Forkdelta is something new in our community,etherdelta didnt announced an forked website from them so we need to e vigillant because we might lose our coins if this forkdelta is just another scam website.Im sure that etherdelta would have announced if they created some alternative for now we should be careful with our trades,because if forkdelta got your  private keys you are all done.

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
hostrm

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:39:34 PM

Forkdelta is something new in our community,etherdelta didnt announced an forked website from them so we need to e vigillant because we might lose our coins if this forkdelta is just another scam website.Im sure that etherdelta would have announced if they created some alternative for now we should be careful with our trades,because if forkdelta got your  private keys you are all done.
If there is no information on the official website, then I would not transfer coins to their contract.
Albert211994

Activity: 148
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:42:57 PM

I stopped using Etherdelta long time ago. I will be extra careful if I will use ForkDelta as well. The same problem can occur in it.

I do not use my main eth address to connect to these dex. Just like how I use another account in Idex. I spent extra sending tokens to that address but at least my main eth address is safe.
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:54:35 PM

I didn't know about that, thanks for information. I can't notice any difference between them at the moment, but the fact that they have the same smart contract (i.e. order book) is awesome. Now we have some kind of choice if one of them has some issues.
Fatunad

Activity: 2226
Merit: 347

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:57:49 PM

I didn't know about that, thanks for information. I can't notice any difference between them at the moment, but the fact that they have the same smart contract (i.e. order book) is awesome. Now we have some kind of choice if one of them has some issues.
Same here. I didnt notice such information about on a new DEX. I would really have the same words or observations as yours yet i dont see any differences but only on small changes on the interface.I dont know if i do trust it easily because if i have to choose i will stick with delta but well using up new exchange isnt really bad at all as long it can give its service without any problems then it would be worth to try out.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
cryptomema

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:00:23 PM

Forkdelta is something really new and we dont have much information about this website so i suggest that we should be careful using this exchange,it might be a better exchange than etherdelta but our security must come first,without confirmation from etherdelta it could be a trap or a phishing website that are getting our wallet informations without our knowledge,and we might wake up one morning and our wallets are all empty,so be careful.

khendjer

Activity: 157
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:00:47 PM

Yes one of the main advantages of ForkDelta is that I don't need to use VPN anymore.

Hm, I'd say that if I were in need of choosing between using VPN to access Etherdelta or access ForkDelta without using one, I would choose VPN+Etherdelta as in my opinion that way I would be at least sure that I won't lose all my money.
It's like choosing between riding a motorcycle in or without a helmet. In most of the cases, you'll choose the first option, cause everyone wants to be safe. But if you want to get some extra adrenaline and thrills, you can ride it without any protection Cool. But what will be if something unpredictable happens? It's better not to think about it.
There is no doubt that Etherdelta is too slow and inconvenient now but on the other hand, it's way more trusted then the unknown fork, at least at the time being. From this point of view VPN don't seem like an unbearable inconvenience, right? Smiley

FaucetKING

Activity: 1246
Merit: 306

C U

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:02:28 PM

Wow, i've never seen an exchanger and especially a decentralized one being forked, but the real deal is that the new exchanger will win, it just needs more marketing, the new logo looks way better and if the dev team is quite active, we might see this new born exchanger in the first places in coinmarketcap exchangers list, it just needs some time!
legaltrk

Activity: 700
Merit: 56

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:04:46 PM

EtherDelta is already problematic. There was a problem. so I use forkdelta. necessity. I'm not sure about trust. But it works properly.
khendjer

Activity: 157
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:21:55 PM

Wow, i've never seen an exchanger and especially a decentralized one being forked, but the real deal is that the new exchanger will win, it just needs more marketing, the new logo looks way better and if the dev team is quite active, we might see this new born exchanger in the first places in coinmarketcap exchangers list, it just needs some time!
It looks like a new trend. We've seen a wallet fork recently (MyEtherwallet and Mycrypto). Now exchange fork. It's interesting what would be next.
If things will go this way, maybe we'll see a tendency soon that everyone will consider it mandatory to make his own fork of every open source coin, wallet, exchange or another service so we'll have a million of coins, wallets, exchanges. And for the lazy ones, there will be some 'fork services' with a slogan 'we can fork everything you want. Every 10th fork is for free'.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: