Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:15:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin winter?  (Read 768 times)
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:39:35 PM

Everyone is saying altcoin winter, but I disagree.  I think it wont last all that long.  Maybe a few weeks or so.  Bitcoin is definitely going to shoot up soon though.  What do you all think?

what you are missing here is that bitcoin shooting up doesn't mean altcoins will shoot up too! in fact there is a very good chance that IF bitcoin shoots up, altcoins get dumped even more because a big bitcoin rise means all traders will invest their money in bitcoin and nothing else.

the time where altcoins really shine with their pumps is when bitcoin is stable or unpredictable and there is not much going on so it makes making profit with bitcoin hard so traders switch to altcoins to pump them and make their profit there.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
prabakharras

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 05:06:30 PM

the bear comes out in the winter.
wait the bull will come soonafter
its a cycle, just hodl on the cycle

napman

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:12:11 AM

In my opinion, it is better to make your own research and trust your guts.

The most of the privacy coins are undervalued right now.

The best opportunity is to find a privacy-related project with a low total supply (less than 100M), that way the price will be increasing much faster.

I recently found one project called Ethereum Meta, it is related to anonymity and untraceable transaction. They have a very interesting project to build the Anonymous E-Market Place.

They are on Pre-ICO stage right now, you can check their website: https://ethermeta.com/
Or even better go through their Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2659058.0
juicejoyce
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:09:18 AM

The stuation of altcoins is really hard. Almost all coins are dropping, I have to admit that it is altcoin winter though I do not hope to see this stuation. However, I think the Spring is on the way, we just need more patience.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
binhvo1505

Activity: 728
Merit: 11

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:19:19 AM

Everyone is saying altcoin winter, but I disagree.  I think it wont last all that long.  Maybe a few weeks or so.  Bitcoin is definitely going to shoot up soon though.  What do you all think?
Sorry but I do not agree with you. I think bitcoin needs a long time to shoot up.
At present, the price of technology companies has gone down a lot, Amazon and Alibaba are the two companies with the most damage. So we can not count on the rapid recovery of bitcoin. The current cryptocurrency market has lost more than $ 120 billion. A horrible number and cryptocurrency need a period of 1 year to restore all.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
binhvo1505

Activity: 728
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:21:58 AM

The stuation of altcoins is really hard. Almost all coins are dropping, I have to admit that it is altcoin winter though I do not hope to see this stuation. However, I think the Spring is on the way, we just need more patience.
right. A professional trader needs to have patience and evaluate what the market will look like in the near future. I think you are right, the market needs a long time to recover all as well as market capitalization.
Bitcoin needs to regain its reputation and have to spread bitcoin in many parts of the world in the future. This will help to shorten recovery time. What do you think of my opinion? Grin

rose9696

Activity: 770
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:47:50 AM

when the pumping season of altcoins lasted this long and when all of these altcoins got pumped big times to have huge bubbles, the "winter" where the dumps come will also last a very long time.

the longer the summer the longer the winter is going to be.

and it is mainly because of all the newbies who are slowly giving up to say goodbye to their worthless bags they have been holding.
Yes. Most of the newcomers were unable to withstand the downward pressure of the crypto market.
Although this down is not normal, but the future of bitcoin is still bright and we should believe it. Bitcoin is considered the 4.0 industry and it has attracted a lot of people when its price was $ 20k.
Those who do not believe in the future of bitcoin will lose their chance of getting rich. Unfortunately for them.

Kulllianll

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:01:35 PM

Even now, despite the current situation, every day I see altcoins that show good growth.
Larochka

Activity: 196

The Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:23:06 PM

The market gives you to understand that growth will not be soon, this correction dragged on for a very long time, so you can sell your assets, which save at least part of your funds. Unless, of course, you do not keep the most promising coins.

Rotsor

Activity: 309
Merit: 102

Presale is live!

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:41:35 PM

I don't think that the correction is going to be completed so fast. With the huge rally the crypto market went through the correction will take longer than a few months. I expect few flash crashes before we see any signs of recovery in the markets.

mobilezz

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:45:56 AM

What to tell you was wrong, you already came in spring and how the bear market remained. The new forecast is the beginning of summer, but again this is inaccurate.

Cryppy_guyL

Activity: 325
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:10:42 AM

Your expectations have not been met. The winter for Altcoin has come and still lasts. But there is good news. Winter is not eternal. I'm looking forward to spring and for the Altcoin system.

wndrbr3d

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:18:18 PM

Nobody knows how much time this "winter" lasts. The market is completely dependent on big whales (persons with great amount of BTC for example).
You can monitor the wallets of such whales to predict price movement. >10k BTC wallets is Ok for monitoring.
bhantom

Activity: 673
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:38:19 PM

I think similar like you. It is only worse time in cryptocurrency, thats things are happens it is normal so we can not exaggerate. In my opinion bad time is ending, and green days will back soon
DikkieD

Activity: 560
Merit: 22

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:40:28 PM

I think (hope) that the future will show less dependency to bitcoin. Your statement that if BTC moons again, all alts will suffer is debatable. There have been several spikes the last few weeks, with alts hardly moving. However, I cannot predict the future, I can only hope alts will become less dependent (perhaps more alt/fiat pairing would do the trick).
LGD2Business
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1512

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:58:07 PM

We need to pass this bear market. Usually in Summers we don't see rallies, maybe we have to wait until September or even more. Altcoins are heavily depend on Bitcoin so we can't split them into different sides.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
hasna17

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:10:06 PM

Everyone says winter altcoin, however,
there is actually a very good chance that if bitcoin photographed, altcoin will be discarded more because a large bitcoin increase means that all traders will invest their money in bitcoin and nothing else.
the time at which altcoin really shines with their pump is when bitcoin is stable or unpredictable and not much is happening so making a profit with bitcoin becomes difficult so traders turn to altcoin to pump them up and make their profits there.
renes

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:55:18 PM

I think it depends but I now can't say it will not last long, how can do you say it, there is even no one good news, no positive regulation etc. I think summer will be a winter as well.
rudolfaxl
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 09:14:59 PM

I don't wait for a market reversal in the near future. But I see that the price of bitcoin goes down the descending channel. This can mean that the price will gradually fall. And this is crypto winter. I want to be optimistic, but I can't.
yunusseymen16

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:35:40 PM

The market recover is very far away from today i think. Market is in depression. And it can't pass easily. May be bitcoin will rise %50 or 60 but i think it is the bearish trap again. But one thing is consider my mind. It is the ath of shorts. I don't know what it is meaning.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: