Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:45:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [POW] [XHV] Haven Protocol - untraceable payments x stable value storage  (Read 71275 times)
Brixnmorta

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:14:08 PM

I've stopped receiving coins to my wallet and the deamon shows the following errors, any pointers on how to trouble shoot?

2018-05-06 22:57:05.069 [RPC0]  ERROR   cn      src/cryptonote_basic/cryptonote_format_utils.cpp:133 Failed to parse transaction from blob
2018-05-06 22:57:05.085 [RPC0]  ERROR   daemon.rpc      src/rpc/core_rpc_server.cpp:169 Failed to parse and validate tx from blob
2018-05-06 22:57:19.116 [RPC0]  ERROR   cn      src/cryptonote_basic/cryptonote_format_utils.cpp:133 Failed to parse transaction from blob
2018-05-06 22:57:19.116 [RPC0]  ERROR   daemon.rpc      src/rpc/core_rpc_server.cpp:169 Failed to parse and validate tx from blob
2018-05-06 22:57:31.068 [RPC1]  ERROR   cn      src/cryptonote_basic/cryptonote_format_utils.cpp:133 Failed to parse transaction from blob
2018-05-06 22:57:31.068 [RPC1]  ERROR   daemon.rpc      src/rpc/core_rpc_server.cpp:169 Failed to parse and validate tx from blob

There is reference here to the error and mention of the Monero fork https://monero.stackexchange.com/questions/7254/failed-to-parse-transaction-from-blob-failed-to-validate-transaction-from-daemo however these errors came from the most recent 2.1.0 version wallet from here https://github.com/havenprotocol/haven/releases
havenprotocol (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:04:54 AM

I've stopped receiving coins to my wallet and the deamon shows the following errors, any pointers on how to trouble shoot?

2018-05-06 22:57:05.069 [RPC0]  ERROR   cn      src/cryptonote_basic/cryptonote_format_utils.cpp:133 Failed to parse transaction from blob
2018-05-06 22:57:05.085 [RPC0]  ERROR   daemon.rpc      src/rpc/core_rpc_server.cpp:169 Failed to parse and validate tx from blob
2018-05-06 22:57:19.116 [RPC0]  ERROR   cn      src/cryptonote_basic/cryptonote_format_utils.cpp:133 Failed to parse transaction from blob
2018-05-06 22:57:19.116 [RPC0]  ERROR   daemon.rpc      src/rpc/core_rpc_server.cpp:169 Failed to parse and validate tx from blob
2018-05-06 22:57:31.068 [RPC1]  ERROR   cn      src/cryptonote_basic/cryptonote_format_utils.cpp:133 Failed to parse transaction from blob
2018-05-06 22:57:31.068 [RPC1]  ERROR   daemon.rpc      src/rpc/core_rpc_server.cpp:169 Failed to parse and validate tx from blob

There is reference here to the error and mention of the Monero fork https://monero.stackexchange.com/questions/7254/failed-to-parse-transaction-from-blob-failed-to-validate-transaction-from-daemo however these errors came from the most recent 2.1.0 version wallet from here https://github.com/havenprotocol/haven/releases

Start by typing flush_txpool in your daemon. Restart it and see if error continues.

If that doesn't work you may have to clear chain and resync. You could also always use one of the remote nodes:

eu-remote.havenprotocol.com
OR
us-remote.havenprotocol.com

For both use port 17750.
AlexanderDumas

Activity: 206

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:22:02 AM

Haven implements a great idea in a clever way, but I have a few questions about how it is going to work in practice, mainly around the issue of TRUST, which is very important for this coin

- When retrieving from offshore, how will the exchanges be chosen to calculate the correct number of coins to mine?  I can imagine that this coin is not exactly government-friendly, so what if it has been 6 months and all the original exchanges were shut down, and now there are some new exchanges?  

- Presumably in answer to the above question there is some sort of registration system for incorporating new exchanges into the protocol.  Who gets to decide which exchanges are bona fide exchanges to be incorporated and which not?   There seems to be some issues of third party trust here, which blockchain is supposed to avoid.  How will fraudulent or potentially fraudulent exchanges be handled?  What about exchanges set up by governments explicitly to manipulate the price?  Very likely if the coin is perceived as an actual threat - which it will be if it is successful.

- What if all the original exchanges were shut down and there are no more exchanges at all when funds are brought back?  What would the fall-back position be to decide on the number of coins to mine?  Or would all funds simply be irretrievable in that scenario?

- Cryptoasset prices can be very volatile.  What about the delay between issuing the command to retrieve funds, and the completion of all the mining?  The price could change in that time, perhaps significantly, especially if manipulated by governments (if considered an actual, real threat).  Will the amount to be mined be continually updated throughout mining?  Won't there be the danger of mining too much?  Or too little?  Does the coin holder simply take on some price risk here?  I thought the coin was supposed to avoid that?

- How will the mining pools to be used decided on?  Pools come into and go out of existence.  Would the coin holder simply be able to decide which pools?  Or will the protocol itself set up virtual pools on chain as the need arises?

For someone interested in sending a significant amount of money offshore, these are very live questions.  Although the coin implements a really nice, clever idea, I think it will be hard to build a robust offshore storage system that people can really trust with significant quantities of funds.

The idea of this project is RAD. I really want to hear explanations to these questions though. If this project succeeds I guess everybody in crypto will throw a safety amount there just for emergency scenarios. Also all the cartels Smiley
They need to fix their wallets though..
As is I would not keep more than a few hundred euros worth of.

Web wallet still not working properly. I have attempted sending money to another wallet and they came back all the times.
big_daddy

Activity: 1666
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 07:08:03 AM

dear miners,

can someone share with me what are the best afterburner settings for MSi Armor 570 8GB Micron mem
& what is the best miner to use to mine XHV

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 11:22:19 AM

dear miners,

can someone share with me what are the best afterburner settings for MSi Armor 570 8GB Micron mem
OC memory to the max stable, check for memory errors in HWinfo.
https://github.com/IndeedMiners/xmr-aeon-stak/releases

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
big_daddy

Activity: 1666
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 11:50:52 AM

dear miners,

ok, the mem, but the cpu clock?

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 12:01:12 PM

dear miners,

ok, the mem, but the cpu clock?
You mean GPU core clocks? Depends on power consumption and hashrate you want. I wrote some examples in FAQs https://mining-bios.eu/guides-and-miners/bios-mod-faqs/

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
Snowii

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:17:29 AM

guys,

is the havenwallet.com supposed to be working now? trying to login using my private login key (=pass phrase of bunch of words) and it gives me an "Error connecting to the backend. Can't login." below the enter my account button.

would be kinda nice to see that a week worth of mining is actually there...
Bathmat

Activity: 78

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:21:59 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2018, 01:49:34 AM by Bathmat

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to share our new Haven mining pool: Bathmat's Haven Pool

Some features:

Low fees (0.1%)
Low min payouts (0.5 XHV, 1 XHV exchange)
Supports regular wallet addresses, payment ID, and integrated addresses
Individual worker stats
Email if worker(s) stop
PPLNS payment system (rewards loyal miners)
Goliaph

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:49:36 PM

I don't like tell about our pool in row after others.. but it's best time to jump in lucky blocks-train!

https://xhv.dark-mine.su    1% of network.

Only 0.77% fee.
Server located in Germany.

All usefull features such as:
-worker statistics
-direct mining (integrated and payment ID support)
-market info (calculator with current estimated profit)
-miner config generator
-configurable minimal payout (default 1 xhv)
-eng/rus telegram support (our support now in Haven discord too)
-telegram worker and payment notification bot

Stable, DDoS protected and miner-friendly.

Just finished LONG blocks period. You can get EXTRA PROFIT!

BroganBloodstone

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:47:56 PM

Haven implements a great idea in a clever way, but I have a few questions about how it is going to work in practice, mainly around the issue of TRUST, which is very important for this coin

- When retrieving from offshore, how will the exchanges be chosen to calculate the correct number of coins to mine?  I can imagine that this coin is not exactly government-friendly, so what if it has been 6 months and all the original exchanges were shut down, and now there are some new exchanges?  

- Presumably in answer to the above question there is some sort of registration system for incorporating new exchanges into the protocol.  Who gets to decide which exchanges are bona fide exchanges to be incorporated and which not?   There seems to be some issues of third party trust here, which blockchain is supposed to avoid.  How will fraudulent or potentially fraudulent exchanges be handled?  What about exchanges set up by governments explicitly to manipulate the price?  Very likely if the coin is perceived as an actual threat - which it will be if it is successful.

- What if all the original exchanges were shut down and there are no more exchanges at all when funds are brought back?  What would the fall-back position be to decide on the number of coins to mine?  Or would all funds simply be irretrievable in that scenario?

- Cryptoasset prices can be very volatile.  What about the delay between issuing the command to retrieve funds, and the completion of all the mining?  The price could change in that time, perhaps significantly, especially if manipulated by governments (if considered an actual, real threat).  Will the amount to be mined be continually updated throughout mining?  Won't there be the danger of mining too much?  Or too little?  Does the coin holder simply take on some price risk here?  I thought the coin was supposed to avoid that?

- How will the mining pools to be used decided on?  Pools come into and go out of existence.  Would the coin holder simply be able to decide which pools?  Or will the protocol itself set up virtual pools on chain as the need arises?

For someone interested in sending a significant amount of money offshore, these are very live questions.  Although the coin implements a really nice, clever idea, I think it will be hard to build a robust offshore storage system that people can really trust with significant quantities of funds.

The idea of this project is RAD. I really want to hear explanations to these questions though. If this project succeeds I guess everybody in crypto will throw a safety amount there just for emergency scenarios. Also all the cartels Smiley

Yea. I like the idea. But we definitely need answers to some tough questions.
pbfarmer

Activity: 340
Merit: 29

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 01:19:29 AM

Still fighting this issue - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2989487.msg35733003#msg35733003

Using CLI it asks to find/create wallet, I use my wallet name for GUI wallet and it says it's not found. So then I create new wallet with different file name, but on password line the keyboard just doesn't work, nothing types((

So I have 4.3 coins balance and zero clue how to withdraw them. Any thoughts?

Wallet is stored at C:\Users\[your_windows_username]\Documents\Haven\wallets\[wallet_name]\[wallet_name] (assuming you have a normal users setup) - cli needs the full path to the wallet.  And yes, wallet_name is in the path twice - first is a folder, second is actual wallet file.
pbfarmer

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 01:22:17 AM

Why was the Haven online wallet removed from the website? The Windows GUI wallet doesn't work as I am not able to send coins out and syncing the wallet to the blockchain locally is such a pain. When will you re-instate the online wallet?

Use the cli wallet.  I can't send w/ the gui, but cli works fine.  Just keep in mind that it requires full path to wallet to open.
pbfarmer

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 01:23:57 AM

iam send haven to tradeogre status pending, search tx id baf5fba1b68fd3ceeb51c4e46f76dda1a0844188ff8f1e6dea8a3db97082732f not found
I use offline wallet. But i can't send my haven to tradeorge

cli wallet works for sending
seefatlow

Activity: 80
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:42:34 AM

Why was the Haven online wallet removed from the website? The Windows GUI wallet doesn't work as I am not able to send coins out and syncing the wallet to the blockchain locally is such a pain. When will you re-instate the online wallet?

What issue are you having with the windows wallet?
You can always use a remote node to avoid having to download the blockchain.

our remote nodes are

OR

For both use port 17750.

I am unable to send coins to tradeorge with the windows wallet. Is there a bug in the GUI wallet?
reeyon

Activity: 57

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 05:58:14 AM

Dear miners,

ck.cc now supported mining to Exchange Smiley
https://cryptoknight.cc/haven/

Cheers,
on behalf of CryptoKnight.cc
https://discord.gg/yXz6Yqs
pbfarmer

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:23:14 AM

What issue are you having with the windows wallet?
You can always use a remote node to avoid having to download the blockchain.

our remote nodes are

OR

For both use port 17750.

I am unable to send coins to tradeorge with the windows wallet. Is there a bug in the GUI wallet?

See my three posts directly above yours.
Slimdev

Activity: 237

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:26:32 PM

We have a large community of miners with different hashrate power. Join and you will be able to learn news or participate in the discussion, learn a lot of new things for yourself. Ask questions and we will gladly answer them.
Join our pool https://haven.fairhash.org/
havenprotocol (OP)

Activity: 88

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:55:01 AM

- When retrieving from offshore, how will the exchanges be chosen to calculate the correct number of coins to mine?  I can imagine that this coin is not exactly government-friendly, so what if it has been 6 months and all the original exchanges were shut down, and now there are some new exchanges? 

- Presumably in answer to the above question there is some sort of registration system for incorporating new exchanges into the protocol.  Who gets to decide which exchanges are bona fide exchanges to be incorporated and which not?   There seems to be some issues of third party trust here, which blockchain is supposed to avoid.  How will fraudulent or potentially fraudulent exchanges be handled?  What about exchanges set up by governments explicitly to manipulate the price?  Very likely if the coin is perceived as an actual threat - which it will be if it is successful.

- What if all the original exchanges were shut down and there are no more exchanges at all when funds are brought back?  What would the fall-back position be to decide on the number of coins to mine?  Or would all funds simply be irretrievable in that scenario?

- Cryptoasset prices can be very volatile.  What about the delay between issuing the command to retrieve funds, and the completion of all the mining?  The price could change in that time, perhaps significantly, especially if manipulated by governments (if considered an actual, real threat).  Will the amount to be mined be continually updated throughout mining?  Won't there be the danger of mining too much?  Or too little?  Does the coin holder simply take on some price risk here?  I thought the coin was supposed to avoid that?

- How will the mining pools to be used decided on?  Pools come into and go out of existence.  Would the coin holder simply be able to decide which pools?  Or will the protocol itself set up virtual pools on chain as the need arises?

For someone interested in sending a significant amount of money offshore, these are very live questions.  Although the coin implements a really nice, clever idea, I think it will be hard to build a robust offshore storage system that people can really trust with significant quantities of funds.

When retrieving from offshore, how will the exchanges be chosen to calculate the correct number of coins to mine?  I can imagine that this coin is not exactly government-friendly, so what if it has been 6 months and all the original exchanges were shut down, and now there are some new exchanges?

The Haven decentralised orcale, which will determine the current price, will be updated to include the new exchanges. The current thinking is that this wont be apart of the Haven core code, so its not like we'd need to hardfork Haven just to add more exchanges.

Presumably in answer to the above question there is some sort of registration system for incorporating new exchanges into the protocol.  Who gets to decide which exchanges are bona fide exchanges to be incorporated and which not?   There seems to be some issues of third party trust here, which blockchain is supposed to avoid.  How will fraudulent or potentially fraudulent exchanges be handled?  What about exchanges set up by governments explicitly to manipulate the price?  Very likely if the coin is perceived as an actual threat - which it will be if it is successful.

The devs will decide which exchange API to reference, same as how we update Haven Core, so we aren't going to reference those exchanges. We can also reference other pricing api's where Haven is listed. i.e. CoinMarketCap, CoinGecko, LiveCoinWatch, Blockfolio etc

What if all the original exchanges were shut down and there are no more exchanges at all when funds are brought back?  What would the fall-back position be to decide on the number of coins to mine?  Or would all funds simply be irretrievable in that scenario?

The protocol will just use the last known price (each block has the current price) although its pretty unlikley we'd lose all exchanges at once. We'd utilise decentralised exchanges which can't just be shut down.

Cryptoasset prices can be very volatile.  What about the delay between issuing the command to retrieve funds, and the completion of all the mining?  The price could change in that time, perhaps significantly, especially if manipulated by governments (if considered an actual, real threat).  Will the amount to be mined be continually updated throughout mining?  Won't there be the danger of mining too much?  Or too little?  Does the coin holder simply take on some price risk here?  I thought the coin was supposed to avoid that?

The new coins aren't mined, they are 'minted' instantly. This is treated just like a regular transaction so it will need to be in a block too and thus would take the same amount of time.

How will the mining pools to be used decided on?  Pools come into and go out of existence.  Would the coin holder simply be able to decide which pools?  Or will the protocol itself set up virtual pools on chain as the need arises?

Addressed above, the new coins aren't mined so no need for a pool

Goliaph

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:47:30 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2018, 08:02:40 AM by Goliaph

Join our Haven pool!

https://xhv.dark-mine.su
Only 0.77% fee. NO additional fees (tx fees etc)
Server located in Germany.

All usefull features such as:
-worker statistics
-direct mining (integrated and payment ID support)
-market info (calculator with current estimated profit)
-miner config generator
-configurable minimal payout (default 1 xhv)
-eng/rus telegram support (our support now in Haven discord too)
-telegram worker and payment notification bot

Stable, DDoS protected and miner-friendly.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: