Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:06:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [POW] [XHV] Haven Protocol - untraceable payments x stable value storage  (Read 71270 times)
big_daddy

Activity: 1666
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 05:42:10 AM

Trade orge still offline
Is there a chance to list xhv on another exchange?

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
havenprotocol (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 06:35:59 AM

Trade orge still offline
Is there a chance to list xhv on another exchange?

XHV is currently listed on:

https://tradeogre.com/exchange/BTC-XHV
https://nanex.co/exchange/XHVNANO
https://altex.exchange/markets&pair=BTC_XHV
https://palitanx.com/exchange/BTC-XHV

Southxchange soon to come
havenprotocol (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 06:38:18 AM

Why was the Haven online wallet removed from the website? The Windows GUI wallet doesn't work as I am not able to send coins out and syncing the wallet to the blockchain locally is such a pain. When will you re-instate the online wallet?

What issue are you having with the windows wallet?
You can always use a remote node to avoid having to download the blockchain.

our remote nodes are

eu-remote.havenprotocol.com
OR
us-remote.havenprotocol.com

For both use port 17750.
Pavve

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:45:57 AM

Why was the Haven online wallet removed from the website? The Windows GUI wallet doesn't work as I am not able to send coins out and syncing the wallet to the blockchain locally is such a pain. When will you re-instate the online wallet?

our remote nodes are

OR

For both use port 17750.

I have a small issue with my wallet.
I've sent some coins to my windows wallet and my balance is 0 no matter what I tried.

Finally, I created a view-only wallet and only then am I able to se my coins.
But the issue is that I cannot send coins from my view only-wallet and the balance is still 0 with the other wallet.

The adresses are same and all but what colud it be?

kuzotronic

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:12:53 PM

Still fighting this issue - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2989487.msg35733003#msg35733003

Using CLI it asks to find/create wallet, I use my wallet name for GUI wallet and it says it's not found. So then I create new wallet with different file name, but on password line the keyboard just doesn't work, nothing types((

So I have 4.3 coins balance and zero clue how to withdraw them. Any thoughts?
PainKiller1986

Activity: 202
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:59:49 PM

Guys,

When i mining with criptonight V7 i got ~900 H/s (20 threads in xeon cpu)

Now i started mining XHV and i got ~400 H/s (10 threads in xeon cpu, my best settings).

The downgrade hash rate is ok? I thinking the downgrade is the at maximum 40% of my H/s, so i guess anything is wrong (40% downgrande in my hash i get ~540 H/s not 400).

Anyone mining with xeon CPU?

Anyone can help me  Huh Cry
pookhi

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:48:53 PM

our remote nodes are

OR

For both use port 17750.

I've sent some coins to my windows wallet and my balance is 0 no matter what I tried.

But the issue is that I cannot send coins from my view only-wallet and the balance is still 0 with the other wallet.

Have you started the daomon from within the wallet? That will then sync the wallet to the latest block and you will see you funds and then be able to make transactions.
Pavve

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 04:04:43 PM

our remote nodes are

OR

For both use port 17750.

Have you started the daomon from within the wallet? That will then sync the wallet to the latest block and you will see you funds and then be able to make transactions.

Yeah, I've tried that.

I've used the block explorer and my keys and they confirm the transaction to my adress but like I said, I can only see my coins from the view-only-wallet for some reason.
Same keys, same adresses but they are not showing up in the standard wallet for reasons I cannot explain!

Is there a way to transfer those coins off the view-only wallet somehow?
Pavve

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 04:41:25 PM

our remote nodes are

OR

For both use port 17750.

Yeah, I've tried that.

I've used the block explorer and my keys and they confirm the transaction to my adress but like I said, I can only see my coins from the view-only-wallet for some reason.
Same keys, same adresses but they are not showing up in the standard wallet for reasons I cannot explain!

Is there a way to transfer those coins off the view-only wallet somehow?

I solved the issue: I used another computer and recreated my wallet using my seed and voila!
The old wallet is still NOT showing the balance so I just replaced it with the new one from file.
giee3

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 06:57:42 PM

hi my sync error.. difficulty overhead !!!!!!!!!" what is solution... before wallet is fine.. but now wallet sycn error.. i have instal from other computer,but same...
ivellious

Activity: 104

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:20:46 PM

Got same error, any idea why?
AluzuxFuna

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:50:43 PM

I have updated wallet and it fixed the problem.

I got 2.1.0 now. You can get it here - https://github.com/havenprotocol/haven/releases/
christiano88

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 10:07:18 PM

Please try to list XHV on a more decent exchange, like Kucoin, tradeogre is really bad at keeping wallets online in general, and most transactions with XHV are done there surprisingly...
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:14:39 AM

So the off-shore storage thing--isn't that kind of like short selling the coin? You're betting on value dropping when you do that, right?
fellestreum

Activity: 111
Merit: 5

--nemo me impune lacessit--

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:12:45 AM

Haven implements a great idea in a clever way, but I have a few questions about how it is going to work in practice, mainly around the issue of TRUST, which is very important for this coin

- When retrieving from offshore, how will the exchanges be chosen to calculate the correct number of coins to mine?  I can imagine that this coin is not exactly government-friendly, so what if it has been 6 months and all the original exchanges were shut down, and now there are some new exchanges? 

- Presumably in answer to the above question there is some sort of registration system for incorporating new exchanges into the protocol.  Who gets to decide which exchanges are bona fide exchanges to be incorporated and which not?   There seems to be some issues of third party trust here, which blockchain is supposed to avoid.  How will fraudulent or potentially fraudulent exchanges be handled?  What about exchanges set up by governments explicitly to manipulate the price?  Very likely if the coin is perceived as an actual threat - which it will be if it is successful.

- What if all the original exchanges were shut down and there are no more exchanges at all when funds are brought back?  What would the fall-back position be to decide on the number of coins to mine?  Or would all funds simply be irretrievable in that scenario?

- Cryptoasset prices can be very volatile.  What about the delay between issuing the command to retrieve funds, and the completion of all the mining?  The price could change in that time, perhaps significantly, especially if manipulated by governments (if considered an actual, real threat).  Will the amount to be mined be continually updated throughout mining?  Won't there be the danger of mining too much?  Or too little?  Does the coin holder simply take on some price risk here?  I thought the coin was supposed to avoid that?

- How will the mining pools to be used decided on?  Pools come into and go out of existence.  Would the coin holder simply be able to decide which pools?  Or will the protocol itself set up virtual pools on chain as the need arises?

For someone interested in sending a significant amount of money offshore, these are very live questions.  Although the coin implements a really nice, clever idea, I think it will be hard to build a robust offshore storage system that people can really trust with significant quantities of funds.
sanich21

Activity: 50

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 02:23:33 PM

http://newpool.pw/haven/ - 0% fee

+ works
+ email
+ Telegtam BOT (command /stats_haven /enable_haven /disable_haven
+ calc in USD

support chat: https://discord.gg/8tbW8hE
support + TelegramBot - https://t.me/joinchat/CIRFZQ3xn0aHI1jBWQ-gIA

LOTERRY 20 coin 12.05.2018

Slimdev

Activity: 237

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:02:31 PM

Haven implements a great idea in a clever way, but I have a few questions about how it is going to work in practice, mainly around the issue of TRUST, which is very important for this coin

- When retrieving from offshore, how will the exchanges be chosen to calculate the correct number of coins to mine?  I can imagine that this coin is not exactly government-friendly, so what if it has been 6 months and all the original exchanges were shut down, and now there are some new exchanges? 

- Presumably in answer to the above question there is some sort of registration system for incorporating new exchanges into the protocol.  Who gets to decide which exchanges are bona fide exchanges to be incorporated and which not?   There seems to be some issues of third party trust here, which blockchain is supposed to avoid.  How will fraudulent or potentially fraudulent exchanges be handled?  What about exchanges set up by governments explicitly to manipulate the price?  Very likely if the coin is perceived as an actual threat - which it will be if it is successful.

- What if all the original exchanges were shut down and there are no more exchanges at all when funds are brought back?  What would the fall-back position be to decide on the number of coins to mine?  Or would all funds simply be irretrievable in that scenario?

- Cryptoasset prices can be very volatile.  What about the delay between issuing the command to retrieve funds, and the completion of all the mining?  The price could change in that time, perhaps significantly, especially if manipulated by governments (if considered an actual, real threat).  Will the amount to be mined be continually updated throughout mining?  Won't there be the danger of mining too much?  Or too little?  Does the coin holder simply take on some price risk here?  I thought the coin was supposed to avoid that?

- How will the mining pools to be used decided on?  Pools come into and go out of existence.  Would the coin holder simply be able to decide which pools?  Or will the protocol itself set up virtual pools on chain as the need arises?

For someone interested in sending a significant amount of money offshore, these are very live questions.  Although the coin implements a really nice, clever idea, I think it will be hard to build a robust offshore storage system that people can really trust with significant quantities of funds.

you touched on interesting questions, it was interesting to read the answer to them
Slimdev

Activity: 237

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:03:48 PM

We have a large community of miners with different hashrate power. Join and you will be able to learn news or participate in the discussion, learn a lot of new things for yourself. Ask questions and we will gladly answer them.

Guys join our Haven Protocol pool https://haven.fairhash.org/
pool address   pool.xhv.fairhash.org   ports   3333    5555    7777
Feel free to join!
*Pool support Workers
*0 hr e-mail notification
*SSL connection
*telegram bot with new blocks notification and 0 hr alert
*individual payout level
*24h support and more....
You can find me in our telegram chat https://t.me/joinchat/B-GpfU1DYnzi5mhQ45I3rQ or in the pool chat
Goliaph

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 07:47:46 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2018, 07:59:57 PM by Goliaph

Hmm... i don't want to promo as other pool owners do) ... But almost ~1% of network - https://xhv.dark-mine.su/  - be sure) best support/pool features availiable). 0.77% fee, telegram worker/payments bot
pararius

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:21:35 PM

- When retrieving from offshore, how will the exchanges be chosen to calculate the correct number of coins to mine?  I can imagine that this coin is not exactly government-friendly, so what if it has been 6 months and all the original exchanges were shut down, and now there are some new exchanges?  

- Presumably in answer to the above question there is some sort of registration system for incorporating new exchanges into the protocol.  Who gets to decide which exchanges are bona fide exchanges to be incorporated and which not?   There seems to be some issues of third party trust here, which blockchain is supposed to avoid.  How will fraudulent or potentially fraudulent exchanges be handled?  What about exchanges set up by governments explicitly to manipulate the price?  Very likely if the coin is perceived as an actual threat - which it will be if it is successful.

- What if all the original exchanges were shut down and there are no more exchanges at all when funds are brought back?  What would the fall-back position be to decide on the number of coins to mine?  Or would all funds simply be irretrievable in that scenario?

- Cryptoasset prices can be very volatile.  What about the delay between issuing the command to retrieve funds, and the completion of all the mining?  The price could change in that time, perhaps significantly, especially if manipulated by governments (if considered an actual, real threat).  Will the amount to be mined be continually updated throughout mining?  Won't there be the danger of mining too much?  Or too little?  Does the coin holder simply take on some price risk here?  I thought the coin was supposed to avoid that?

- How will the mining pools to be used decided on?  Pools come into and go out of existence.  Would the coin holder simply be able to decide which pools?  Or will the protocol itself set up virtual pools on chain as the need arises?

For someone interested in sending a significant amount of money offshore, these are very live questions.  Although the coin implements a really nice, clever idea, I think it will be hard to build a robust offshore storage system that people can really trust with significant quantities of funds.

The idea of this project is RAD. I really want to hear explanations to these questions though. If this project succeeds I guess everybody in crypto will throw a safety amount there just for emergency scenarios. Also all the cartels Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: