Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:45:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Currency Conference 2013 (Oct. 5th) Atlanta, GA  (Read 3034 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2013, 04:09:52 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2013, 04:21:03 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

http://www.cryptocurrencycon.com/event/crypto-currency-con-2013/

Unless I'm a idiot, I don't believe there's an official thread for this conference/meetup. I did search, and if there is, please accept my apologies. Since I'm making arrangements now to attend, I will be manning this thread.

This event brings together legal theorists, monetary economists, code-slinging visionaries, banking pundits, payment-systems analysts, and dorm-room miners, all for the purpose of making sense of Bitcoin’s rise, and to foresee the next steps.

Speakers:

• JEFFREY TUCKER
  • TATIANA MOROZ
  • TONY GALLIPPI
  • STEPHEN PAIR
  • STEPHAN KINSELLA
  • DOUG FRENCH
  • MICHAEL GOLDSTEIN
  • PETER SURDA
  • CHARLIE SHREM
  • CHARLES HOSKINSON
  • DANIEL LARIMER
  • CATHY REISENWITZ
  • ADAM B. LEVINE
  • TUUR DEMEESTER
  • DANIEL KRAWISZ
  • AUSTIN & BECCY CRAIG

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2013, 04:10:35 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2013, 07:44:46 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

List of Attendees:

Phinnaeus Gage (Bruno Kucinskas)
Goat (not yet, but I have a hunch--waiting for him to make it official)
DavidBAL (+2)
Rassah
Jason King
adub (taking for granted since he's organized the Thursday meetup)
jordan.dev
grantbdev
justusranvier
super3

Please add your name to this thread if you're planning on attending so that I can update the list above.
DavidBAL

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

Always riding the Bull...

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2013, 06:14:26 PM

I'll be there, also bringing a couple of my IB and Venture buddies based in ATL. Pretty sure there is a BitPay cocktail party the Friday night before the conference too. Look forward to seeing everyone!

I am an investor, entrepreneur, and CEO @BTC Inc http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-bailey/22/641/b53 ...
Bitrated user: davidbtcmedia.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 12:10:31 AM

I'll be there, also bringing a couple of my IB and Venture buddies based in ATL. Pretty sure there is a BitPay cocktail party the Friday night before the conference too. Look forward to seeing everyone!

Added to the list. Still waiting for confirmation from Goat.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 02:11:54 AM

I just called The Twelve in Atlanta and it looks like all their rooms are sold out, so make arrangements elsewhere if you haven't already. Myself, I'm driving in and am very familiar with Atlanta because I used to do the flea market there presenting antiques, primitives, and yes, barn wood. Microtels have a decent rate along with very comfortable rooms/beds.

What are the chances of somebody organizing a Satoshi Square either Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday? If not close to the venue, may I suggest Midtown?
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 04:50:14 PM

The Ballroom at The Twelve holds 700 people. So far I see 16 speakers and 7(?) guest.

I'm adding Rassah and Jason King.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 04:02:57 PM

I got a room at the airport hotel, and a rental car to drive to the event. I have a spare bed.
adub

Activity: 171

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 06:21:00 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2013, 09:20:22 PM by adub

I'll be there with a booth for www.atlantabitcoin.com. Please stop by and say Hi! If all goes as planned, I'll have a Lamassu ATM device there to demo.

There will be a Meetup at Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant Buckhead on Thursday.
Friday there is a mixer at the Bitpay offices.
6-8PM — Welcome reception at the offices of Bitpay in Atlanta [Suite 516, Atlanta Tech Village.  Directions.] Tatiana Moroz will be on hand to perform at around 8:00pm. Don’t miss it!

blog.atlantabitcoin.com || www.linkedin.com/in/atlantabitcoin
Ask me about how to legally operate Bitcoin ATM/Kiosks in the US!
Curious about how the various Bitcoin ATMs measure up? Check out bitcoinatmsales.com.
Bitrated: https://www.bitrated.com/aawilliams/
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 06:44:13 PM

I'll be there with a booth for www.atlantabitcoin.com. Please stop by and say Hi! If all goes as planned, I'll have a Lamassu ATM device there to demo.

There will be a Meetup at Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant Buckhead on Thursday.
6-8PM — Welcome reception at the offices of Bitpay in Atlanta [Suite 516, Atlanta Tech Village.  Directions.] Tatiana Moroz will be on hand to perform at around 8:00pm. Don’t miss it!

Not wanting to take away any thunder, would you be so kind as to list this meetup in this section as a standalone thread? I plan on attending since I'm driving in and already planned on getting to Atlanta early.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 06:48:34 PM

With CNN only three miles down the road from The Twelve, is there anyway somebody can put together an impromptu Satoshi Square prior to the conference so that maybe CNN reports, among others, would have a first hand experience prior to their covering the conference. BTW, who's making sure that CNN, and/or other news outlets, will be on hand for the conference?

Remember, the main human interest story is Austin and Beccy of Life on Bitcoins.

Surely, we don't want a missed opportunity considering...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta

Media is also an important aspect of Atlanta’s economy. The city is a major cable television programming center. Ted Turner established the headquarters of both the Cable News Network (CNN) and the Turner Broadcasting System (TBS) in Atlanta. Cox Enterprises, the country’s third-largest cable television service and the publisher of over a dozen major American newspapers,[112] is headquartered in the city.[113][114][115] NBC Universal’s The Weather Channel is also headquartered in Atlanta.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 07:10:23 PM

I fully intend to miss both, as my plane will be landing at 11:30pm Friday (I'm working Friday, so have to fly out in the evening) Let me know how it goes Cheesy
adub

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 09:22:12 PM

6-8PM — Welcome reception at the offices of Bitpay in Atlanta [Suite 516, Atlanta Tech Village.  Directions.] Tatiana Moroz will be on hand to perform at around 8:00pm. Don’t miss it!

Not wanting to take away any thunder, would you be so kind as to list this meetup in this section as a standalone thread? I plan on attending since I'm driving in and already planned on getting to Atlanta early.

Good call. Done.

I'll ask my contact if they have reached out to the press.

Curious about how the various Bitcoin ATMs measure up? Check out bitcoinatmsales.com.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 12:48:02 AM

Good call. Done.

I'll ask my contact if they have reached out to the press.

Great! It's now your job to make sure the press is present. Thanks for volunteering.  Grin

I fully intend to miss both, as my plane will be landing at 11:30pm Friday (I'm working Friday, so have to fly out in the evening) Let me know how it goes Cheesy

Damn, you won't get much sleep after checking in, for the conference starts at 8:00 AM. Saturday morning traffic in Atlanta isn't that bad driving south to north unless there's an accident. I suggest leaving out about sevenish nonetheless.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 01:27:33 AM

Damn, you won't get much sleep after checking in, for the conference starts at 8:00 AM. Saturday morning traffic in Atlanta isn't that bad driving south to north unless there's an accident. I suggest leaving out about sevenish nonetheless.

Well, it's a good thing I'll be on the 5am to 7pm day schedule then (getting up at 10am in Amsterdam every day is like getting up at 5 am in Atlanta).
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 03:20:48 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2013, 03:56:16 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

Looks like we have more speakers than attendees. Either that, or you guys are too shy to state that you're going.

Well, I guess I'll just have to pry the shyness outta of you'll. And I just happen to have a genius way to accomplish said task: With a raffle.

The prize will be $180 USD worth of BTC paid out at the conference. Tickets will be drawn from a bowl/bag by some other member besides myself. I will not be entered in the contest. The funds are provided by me.

I will dedicate another thread to the raffle. All money collected will go toward Sean's Outpost, with the results logged on the following thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=295211.0

Once I have the thread up, I will add the link here -->: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303559.0
jordan.dev

Activity: 151

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 05:55:46 PM

Anyone have any plans for after-party Saturday night?

BLOG | PGP | Bitcoin Trading Professionals | Bitfinex Affiliate Code: kwr9f922HS - 10% of trading fees for 30 days | Live Bitfinex Charts
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 08:41:48 PM

You mean after...

5:00-7:00pm, Cocktail Reception (cash bar)

7:00pm Adjourn

...like in a dinner meetup where the bitcoin dialog can continue to discuss the day's talks/experience?
adub

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 08:45:58 PM

good call.

We'll be in Atlantic stationwhich is a live, work, play community. There is a Irish Pub that is pretty close and open till 3am on Saturdays.

Thoughts?

adub

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 08:47:17 PM

You mean after...

5:00-7:00pm, Cocktail Reception (cash bar)

7:00pm Adjourn

...like in a dinner meetup where the bitcoin dialog can continue to discuss the day's talks/experience?

Yard house might be more like it for early in the evening.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 09:30:24 PM

Hey, jordan, I'm taking the liberty and adding you to the list on post #2. Also, for you and adub, I have a little raffle going of which only cost $1.25 USD per ticket for a chance to get your conference fee of $180 USD returned to you as a prize by me: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303559.0
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: