Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:05:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Round 3: Assuming HashFast ships extra MPP chips, should we raise funds to build or buy a bare Rig for extra Golden Nonce chips?
Yes
No, let's sell the extra chips and split the profit

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED]R3/R4: Extended HF FLASH SALE PRICING! 2 HF Sierras, At-Cost+Host, PAID  (Read 16191 times)
DyslexicZombei (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:22:42 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2013, 10:08:44 AM by DyslexicZombei

Latest profit projections tailored to fit GB variables as closely as possible (please PM if you see an error). This projection is with MPP:

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/7264304c8e

I would want to sell it at the 5-6 month mark, with these projections, then split the resale proceeds among the co-op based on everyone's proportional share.

Hey, check it out. Blue ROI! Sweet, sweet light blue ROI projections. [Legal blather: I'm not your lawyer or financial adviser]

It's modest but to even see such a thing is a rare sight on TGB nowadays. Besides, we're selling this baby to make extra profit when we're in the black (or light blue, in this case), if voters have their say.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:26:36 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2013, 11:00:38 AM by DyslexicZombei

Thanks your explanation helped.   I'm new to group buys.  I've done one for a few Asic usb miners and one for 5 g/hash in a miner.  This would certainly be a more complicated one for me.

I'll be thinking about joining this one while this sale is on.

Good day.

You're welcome! Sorry, if my Group Buy is too long and complicated to read and understand.

These things really are complicated to think through every angle to make sure everyone's protected on both sides throughout any GB transactions here. I truly am here to try to help grease the wheels for both buyers *and* sellers. I'm naive enough to think I could've helped Yifi before Avalon was completely ruined as far as rep (IMHO): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=285966.msg3171031#msg3171031
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:12:49 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2013, 09:36:19 AM by DyslexicZombei

Update: Here's the calculations without MPP and including the 1RU Control Unit user dropt pointed out: http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/82754b484b

$6K Sierra without MPP vs. $10K with MPP.

Opening up poll for MPP vs. non-MPP. Please let your opinions be heard & also vote publicly or privately so we can resolve this quickly.

Pros: non-MPP = lower shares costs by about 40%.

$69 shares vs. $115 shares (with a promise of up to 200-400% more hashrate).

-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:23:14 AM

I'll go for 20 shares, BTC, fiat, or whatever combination you prefer, your choice.  PM me, please, so we can set up the payment arrangements.....  

Given the current rate of network hashrate increases, and the probablility of KNC delivering in the next two weeks, along with a second round of Bitfury stuff in the next 5 weeks, my vote(s) (once you sell me some shares.) would be for the MPP...
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:32:19 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2013, 09:31:03 PM by DyslexicZombei

Here's my evidence as to why thomas_s. & I may have been the straw that broke the camel's back vis-a-vis this weekend flash sale.

A major promotion...on a weekend (note, times are all wacky, I sent the orig. PM Saturday, in the late morning Hawaii time sometime).  Huh

====

Re: Institutional Discount for Third HashFast Miner?
« Sent to: HashFast on: September 21, 2013, 07:25:58 PM »
   Reply with quoteQuote ReplyReply Remove this messageDelete
Quote from: HashFast on September 21, 2013, 05:51:43 PM
I need you to buy new machines - buying machines from existing customers doesn't really help me...
What pricing are you looking for?

John

My response:

Hi John,

Well, we were looking for an Institutional discount on the MPP Sierra. Anyone running numbers at TGB - which has quickly become the standard mining calculator - can easily see that every mfg. option looks like a negative ROI at this point.

Although I didn't buy Order 616, I've raised over $12K in the last month for 2 HashFast units, and have buyers on hand for about 50-66% of a Sierra if you can work with us. I think I was patient with working with you guys & did not disparage the 3 week resolution to our Customer Service issues or "buyer purgatory" of not knowing if our place in the Q was secure, knowing that you guys were having normal start up issues getting off the ground. (To her credit: Cara did not make any excuses during her phone call apology for this slow resolution) Our previous order was 991 FWIW.

If you can guarantee me some Institutional Discount for HashFast miners, in general, to our small co-op of 24 members so far, I can continue to guarantee HashFast at-cost (with min. UPS/Battery backup built into price; we'll have co-op members vote on how much to add to share price for power filtering/voltage regulation/battery backup) on the Group Buys forum that will continue to serve as a ready outlet for smaller miners such as myself who can't afford the newer, industrial class miners that are quickly coming to dominate the industry.

I don't believe that this GB sales outlet will have an effect on your larger industrial miner sales, it will continue to serve as a means for HashFast to reach the smaller miners at much, much lower price points and at fractional risk. Every single person that contacts me to join my at-cost co-operative is joining because they don't want to buy on their own or simply can't afford these new high end miners. The only way smaller miners will join a Group Buy at all is if it's run by someone reputable and vetted by a forum vetting agency *and* if they get a great price.

I also help serve as a market source for manufacturers looking for hard data about core buyers and investors as well as buyers curious as to what their peers are up to:

Aug. ASIC Miners Poll: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=272565.0
Sept. ASIC Miners Poll: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=291775.0

It's interesting to note that only 4 people voted for HashFast so far in this Sept. vote but I still sold a miner because it was an at-cost previously ordered miner. It's likely that I'll sell this 3rd HashFast (2nd directly purchased) before the month is out as well if you can give us a price break.

I intend to keep up this monthly miner's poll on the Custom Hardware forum near the start of each month as a type of a timely industry thermometer for those willing to participate in the poll or just follow along.

Thanks for your time and for the consideration of a discount.

Regards,

DZ

===

I didn't get a response back. This may have been his public response back for all I know because I, a registered newsletter recipient who has an email on record from my R1 GB, didn't seem to get this email blast listed in the 1st post, for some reason. I'm only posting this because he never got back to me. Again.

Of course, I may have hurt his feelings about the 4 HF votes in the poll. He's only human.

But then again, it's not my job to not hurt his feelings. My job to get you the very best GB share prices on the best available GB forum deals, with the least amount of fuss.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:38:21 AM

I'll go for 20 shares, BTC, fiat, or whatever combination you prefer, your choice.  PM me, please, so we can set up the payment arrangements.....  

Given the current rate of network hashrate increases, and the probablility of KNC delivering in the next two weeks, along with a second round of Bitfury stuff in the next 5 weeks, my vote(s) (once you sell me some shares.) would be for the MPP...

Excellent! Ok I have you voted as 20 votes for the MPP option with a promise of up to 2-4X our out of box hashrate.

Only 22 shares remaining out of 100!

Thank you and welcome aboard!

I promise you that you won't be disappointed, at least about the performance of this GB Coordinator in matters related to defending your interests and rights.
-Redacted-

Merit: 501

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:51:51 AM

Excellent! Ok I have you voted as 20 votes for the MPP option with a promise of up to 2-4X our out of box hashrate.

I promise you that you won't be disappointed, at least about the performance of this GB Coordinator in matters related to defending your interests and rights.

Thanks DZ - glad to be onboard.

I'm getting the feeling that this will soon be the only way for non-corporate miners to go in the very near future.  I mean think about it - I haven't really figured out how I'm actually going to be able to manage and run 8 Jupiters and some additional Saturns in my house without running power cords all around to different circuits - and leaving the windows open all winter to keep them cool.... 

Heh...
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:56:06 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2013, 09:20:14 AM by DyslexicZombei

Thanks DZ - glad to be onboard.

I'm getting the feeling that this will soon be the only way for non-corporate miners to go in the very near future.  I mean think about it - I haven't really figured out how I'm actually going to be able to manage and run 8 Jupiters and some additional Saturns in my house without running power cords all around to different circuits - and leaving the windows open all winter to keep them cool....  

Heh...

Ha! I must be speaking to someone else that drank the BTC Kool Aid they were giving out.  Cheesy  Wink

I also agree about this being the only way to keep up w/ net. difficulty if you're not made of money or Bitcoin.

Payment details were updated in post 2 or 3. Thanks! Please only send BTC from addresses that you control. Also, try not to send BTC to anyone when you're tired or sleepy. My 2 satoshis.

==

1 more vote for MPP. 21 votes for MPP, 30 more votes required for majority win.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 09:25:08 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2013, 10:01:47 AM by DyslexicZombei

2 more shares reserved! These 2 reservations are from a DZ co-op member from Rounds 1 & 2. I really must be doing something right.  Smiley

Only 20 shares left! That's 80% filled in about 12 hours! Thank you!

And big kudos to new GBC thomas_s. who with his promised 51 shares (2 donated to others) I wouldn't have even fathomed attempting R3 so soon after R2 without him approaching me about a R3 GB. You're going to be pretty stoked when you wake up to read this thread, buddy.  Grin

It's possible that you and your 51 promised shares, our pre-planning for R3, plus my persistent sales pitch to HF that may have ticked off John S. may have possibly triggered or been the figurative "straw" that broke the camel's back to end up with this Flash Sale; the first in HashFast's history and rare in the ASIC pre-order business, on a weekend, no less.

The timing is curious, no?
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 09:39:58 AM

4 more shares reserved by a R2 DZ Co-op member via PM. Mahalo & Welcome back aboard!

Only 16 more shares left!
Zeek_W

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 10:03:00 AM

Hmm quite interested in this! Will get back to you Zombei

DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 10:05:18 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2013, 10:15:34 AM by DyslexicZombei

What the hey. It really is a good deal in a barren wasteland of good deals IMHO.

I'm down for 1 more share, so I'm up to 3 shares for this R3 GB.

15 shares available! Please PM thomas_s. if you want to reserve any of the last 15 shares. If you PM me for shares & there's any confusion, the two of us will compare notes to see who reserved first.

Also, please don't be shy about letting us know about your desire for backup shares for this R3 GB, in case a share or few become available for backup share holders.

G'night everyone! See you manana.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 10:07:04 AM

Hmm quite interested in this! Will get back to you Zombei

Hey Zeek!

Well, I'd put in a soft reservation if I were you. These things are moving quickly & you can always change your mind before or after payment (1.5% restock/refund fee after payment).

I honestly don't think a 100 share GB with shares of over $100 ea. has ever sold out or almost sold out in less than a day here.
mrm0

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 10:28:47 AM

I would like to soft-reserve 10 shares, please.

Have a good day.

1BUcKJVz5n34VwuiyiLtPud1PGn3BLkcPb  :-)
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 10:34:37 AM

I would like to soft-reserve 10 shares, please.

Have a good day.

Hey mrm0. Welcome back for another round! Please keep in mind: Sale ends Monday at 11:59PM PST.

I don't know if entire payment is due Monday, but the sale ends Monday. That could a constraint we all have to deal with. One option if we're short funds at the end: we buy the $6K miner & contact them later to ask to upgrade to the $10.8K MPP miner. Ta-da! Payment problem possibly solved or delayed for the full $10.8K.

I have you down for 10 shares. That's funny, I was just going to reserve 1 for you as a courtesy before heading to bed...and here you are!

5 shares left out of 100!
Tomdraug

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 10:39:03 AM

Hi

I reserve the remaining 5 shares

Cheers,
Tom
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 10:42:25 AM

Hi

I reserve the remaining shares

Cheers,
Tom

Hi Tom,

You got it! I can't believe it: We're all filled up in about 12 hours. I believe that's a GB forum speed record for a $10K+GB.

Thank you and welcome aboard Tom!

Zero shares remaining. Backup share slots available!

Please PM thomas_s. and myself for backup shares. There's a decent chance a few shares may spring free as I had pre-reserved a couple of shares from R2 gents I haven't heard back from yet.

I also may have backup shares available for an Aug. 9 purchased HF Baby Jet, due to ship on Day 1 (64th paid) and arrive on Nov. 1 to Missouri on my R2 thread.
Tomdraug

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 10:43:36 AM

Hi

I reserve the remaining shares

Cheers,
Tom

Hi Tom,

You got it! I can't believe it: We're all filled up in about 12 hours. Thank you and welcome aboard Tom!

Zero shares remaining. Backup share slots available!

Please PM thomas_s. and myself for backup shares. There's a decent chance a few shares may spring free as I had pre-reserved a couple of shares from R2 gents I haven't heard back from yet.

Yuhoo Smiley

DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 11:03:55 AM

Poland wins the last 15 share reservations.  

Congrats gents! Grin

Ok...I'm really heading off to bed & handing over the baton to thomas_s. who should be up in a few hours.

Woohoo! We did it Thomas! Feel free to sell some of your 51 shares if you'd like. Talk to you all when I wake up & Thomas & I will sort out share ownership and who has priority for backup shares.
thomas_s

Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 01:37:28 PM

2 more shares reserved! These 2 reservations are from a DZ co-op member from Rounds 1 & 2. I really must be doing something right.  Smiley

Only 20 shares left! That's 80% filled in about 12 hours! Thank you!

And big kudos to new GBC thomas_s. who with his promised 51 shares (2 donated to others) I wouldn't have even fathomed attempting R3 so soon after R2 without him approaching me about a R3 GB. You're going to be pretty stoked when you wake up to read this thread, buddy.  Grin

It's possible that you and your 51 promised shares, our pre-planning for R3, plus my persistent sales pitch to HF that may have ticked off John S. may have possibly triggered or been the figurative "straw" that broke the camel's back to end up with this Flash Sale; the first in HashFast's history and rare in the ASIC pre-order business, on a weekend, no less.

The timing is curious, no?
wow this thread escalated quickly.

Thanks everyone, I couldn't be more happier I log on before work to check the thread see it closed and say to myself "what happened" and read that all shares were reserved/sold.

Today will  be a good day.

If there is a big enough demand for more shares I will  be happy to let others hop on board, I'm not going to make a profit off of selling the shares and they would be at cost just like buying out of this thread.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: