Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:34:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Round 3: Assuming HashFast ships extra MPP chips, should we raise funds to build or buy a bare Rig for extra Golden Nonce chips?
Yes
No, let's sell the extra chips and split the profit

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED]R3/R4: Extended HF FLASH SALE PRICING! 2 HF Sierras, At-Cost+Host, PAID  (Read 16172 times)
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 10:27:14 PM

Actually, I think DZ already has them counted in...  He's tricky that way...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 10:28:31 PM

Well, I guess if you buy a group of machines you could classify as a group buy, for you...   Wink

How about we don't get into a contest about who has the most money...   Grin

How about we all agree that we all drank the Bitcoin Miner's Kool Aid and that we all hope to be laughing in a few years about getting in while it was still the groundfloor.  Wink
thomas_s

Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 10:30:56 PM

I guess I'm just going to have to pull a

and hope that there are enough shares for my BTC
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 10:33:28 PM

I already have -Redacted- down for 10 shares for R4.  Grin

He was hoping one of the co-op members would sell him an R2 share so he could complete his DZ Miner's Cooperative GB share Boxed Set.
-Redacted-

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 10:34:38 PM

And if so, could I get that share in blue?  I don't have that color in this set, and I think it has the most RAM...

Wait....   What are we buying here, exactly ?
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 12:02:05 AM

And if so, could I get that share in blue?  I don't have that color in this set, and I think it has the most RAM...

Wait....   What are we buying here, exactly ?
Science!
-Redacted-

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 12:03:50 AM

SHINEY!  I'll take 10.  Thanks!
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 12:17:57 AM

SHINEY!  I'll take 10.  Thanks!
I kinda did that with singles. I regret nothing.
tripppn

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 02:27:29 AM

With that said, I'll hold -Redacted- to what he said about 10 shares to move things along. To compensate, buying won't open for R4 until we hit 85 shares reserved. BTW, R3's payments are still in movement from co-op members. R3 order's secure; we just don't have all the funds quite yet (but most of 'em).

Oh - like that's fair - you're going to give it an entire extra week on the GB just to get me to cough up for another ten shares....  Smiley

Offer still stands, with THIS COMING FRIDAY as the deadline to get the other 90 shares in place....   Wink

Thanks! Hey, at least I moved it up to 85 shares reserved before sales start.  Wink  Grin

If we get to 85 shares, I'm guessing the last 15 will vanish soon after, the way these things go. ...And since I took the extra step of calling John this Monday Morning to stall on full payments for 2 Sierras, this appears to be the only place *anywhere* you can lock in Flash Sale pricing that ends tonight, all the way through this Friday.

...still digging ditches and carrying water, for y'all. I'll add more details of my 12.5 minute call with the head of HashFast marketing this morning, including stuff that's not available in any other thread or news site.

Did I miss the news you were talking about back in this post?  I'm a news/info junkie!

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
thomas_s

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 02:32:53 AM

With that said, I'll hold -Redacted- to what he said about 10 shares to move things along. To compensate, buying won't open for R4 until we hit 85 shares reserved. BTW, R3's payments are still in movement from co-op members. R3 order's secure; we just don't have all the funds quite yet (but most of 'em).

Oh - like that's fair - you're going to give it an entire extra week on the GB just to get me to cough up for another ten shares....  Smiley

Offer still stands, with THIS COMING FRIDAY as the deadline to get the other 90 shares in place....   Wink

Thanks! Hey, at least I moved it up to 85 shares reserved before sales start.  Wink  Grin

If we get to 85 shares, I'm guessing the last 15 will vanish soon after, the way these things go. ...And since I took the extra step of calling John this Monday Morning to stall on full payments for 2 Sierras, this appears to be the only place *anywhere* you can lock in Flash Sale pricing that ends tonight, all the way through this Friday.

...still digging ditches and carrying water, for y'all. I'll add more details of my 12.5 minute call with the head of HashFast marketing this morning, including stuff that's not available in any other thread or news site.

Did I miss the news you were talking about back in this post?  I'm a news/info junkie!
Yes, we have the price locked in for both units until Friday. Meaning if you'd like to purchase the shares at cost ( of the sale) + host / ups system you have until Friday or until the shares are all gone.
tripppn

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 02:37:09 AM

No... this part...

"I'll add more details of my 12.5 minute call with the head of HashFast marketing this morning, including stuff that's not available in any other thread or news site."

Especially the part in red

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
wontons

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 02:41:06 AM

BTC sent for 4 shares of R4!  Thanks gents Smiley

wontons
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 03:54:25 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2013, 07:53:07 AM by DyslexicZombei

From both of us: you're welcome! And Thank you!

44 shares available!

Getting to PMs in a bit. I do have to do honey do's too list just like all poor bast...lucky souls.

==

Re: My phone call with John S. yesterday: I didn't get a chance to update although I wanted to. I'm not upgraded to not be able to sleep. Yet.

I'll post about my phone conversation with him in a few minutes. Also, an anonymous largest shareholder in R2 had his PP gift payment cleared to my checking! That means I can go buy this person shares for 6.601 shares in R2 worth about $1K. So I'll take care of that soon.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 04:52:10 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2013, 07:52:43 AM by DyslexicZombei

Let me preface this statement about Avalon & BFL for those that are new to the co-op, I'll help anyone that asks for my help or opinion on this forum. Doesn't matter if they're a competitor here or IRL. Not to toot my horn but I'm involved in 3 education based volunteer community projects in Kauai schools & my IT job is literally to keep modern Research Labs running (oh & go design some stuff when neat projects come up), so helping others comes naturally to me.

Based on the words *and* actions of the public faces of both companies I refuse to have anything to do with Avalon and BFL Group Buys. I find the words and actions of both Sr. company officers here and on BFL's forums to be completely amateurish for Customer Service in *any* industry, derogatory, insensitive, and just plain hurtful. I'll have nothing to do with either company as long as they're the public faces and primary actors for both companies. They may make fine products. They may make the best products in the near future. Still won't have anything to do w/ 2 companies that caused so much anguish and distress among their *already paid* customers.

I'm an empath. Often, I literally *feel* the distress of others & have my whole life, as if it was my own. Yup, always been a softie but this softie has ridden 25' face waves as a teen, and still surfs, and skates (well more like bombs hills and mountains w/ a bunch of diff. land boards). BTW, we call that 25' wave: 10-12' Hawaiian (AKA as "the macho" scale) around here.

==

So back to my phone call to HashFast's VP Marketing & Sales, John S.: I called him because I was trying to secure a 2nd Sierra via 50%-ish deposits for 2 units, 1 w/ MPP (R3), and 1 without (R4) at Flash Sale pricing. Let's just say that it took a while to resolve our R1 order (they even overcharged me & kept it for almost 1.5-2 weeks) so I felt like they owed me. Plus, I can be slightly persuasive.  Cheesy

First off, he said he wasn't pissed off at me at all. Previously, I had mentioned in a PM that HashFast only got 4 votes in the Sept. ASIC miners poll I host (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=291775.0 Yup, I told him that) but I still sold a 2nd HashFast miner (well, I was approached w/ a buyout offer from an online friend here, but the result's the same). John said it really takes a lot to get him upset. He's been in marketing for a while, and he says this is the most welcoming market he's ever seen! It helps that they're launching on the heels of bad news from Avalon and BFL, with a huge market void in the price range/performance they had released at (as far as product availability).

John said HF is *not* catering to the hobbyist with Sierras; that's what Baby Jets are for. He didn't know that he was talking to someone that gets to help design custom servers (even proprietary ones) and is a server monkey, so I already knew that what w/ that 2RU rackmount profile meant. He said that while they're a professional company, they're a small start-up that runs very lean. He mentioned that they released the lowest priced unit that they possibly could at the time with the Baby Jet. I said that their customers appreciate it and welcome their product launch and prices.

I mentioned that GBCs such as myself appreciate the prices but that most people can't afford even the cheapest HF unit & that Coordinators such as myself help broaden HashFast's reach, appeal, and accessibility to the average miner, and that my co-op offers at-cost pricing to buyers & that we included UPS/Batt. requisitions into our share prices (to keep BTC flowing during 20-30 minute outages, sags, spikes); essentially, I was helping them out in market for free, at much, much lower price points - three, even two digits for this GB - then they can offer for the foreseeable future. So, that's how we ended up w/ a R4 miner with Flash Sale pricing through the end of the week.

As a small company he said that the stringent CC regulations and the risk of too many chargebacks sinking their company dissuaded them from CC sales. John said that people could do pre-orders which would be used for work and hardware acquisitions, and they could refund them right before shipment (perhaps people selling pre-orders and bailing the orders?) which would sink them at this point if that were to happen. He also mentioned that they looked at BTC escrow but couldn't find anything that could help them that was insured to the levels they need.

I asked him about the 1RU controller for the Sierra & mentioned there was no pricing or product specs for this. He said any cheap 1RU unit would work as long as there were lots of USB ports. He said a Pi (which ships w/ their Baby Jet) could even run a Sierra provided you had (Pi compatible) USB port expanders w/ their own power adapter since Pis don't put out enough oomph (that's a technical term in electronics and automobiles). I have 1 Pi ready to go I was going to ship to Bob before he gets the Sierra miners he's hosting for us. BTW, John's in *sales* so don't hold him to the Pi being able to control a Sierra as gospel.

I also gave him my full name because he'll need it for the buyout we've scheduled for Order 616. I sent HF the links related to the R2 buyout; to "prime the pump." Then, I followed up with emails confirming the things we talked about.

As for John S.: I found him to be engaging, level headed, & while I could tell he was busy I didn't feel rushed in covering questions I had related to various co-op GB Rounds. We laughed about how simple this is compared to our past experiences. I mentioned having to deal with panicking Project Managers in charge of billions of dollars of funding when I used to work at PMRF and he laughed about how friendly everyone was, and hasn't found his customers to be difficult to deal with at all.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 06:07:25 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2013, 08:07:36 AM by DyslexicZombei

Share reserved via PM by a user starting w/ the letter J. They also already paid. Thank you and welcome aboard!

43 shares left.

===

BTC Total in R3/R4 wallet: 51.6877

BTC already sent for R3/R4: 51.6877  

Total BTC in hand or paid: 106.87, 77%
Total BTC needed for full payment: 138.662

DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 06:14:22 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2013, 08:08:04 AM by DyslexicZombei

106.87516728 BTC sent: https://blockchain.info/address/16N9on4bha4ehXHh4NsTQngPcn8TSGcwWL

77% of the way there and we still have 43 shares left. Not bad!

We've secured the R3 miner and more than half of the R4 miner.
thomas_s

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 03:04:32 PM

106.87516728 BTC sent: https://blockchain.info/address/16N9on4bha4ehXHh4NsTQngPcn8TSGcwWL

77% of the way there and we still have 43 shares left. Not bad!

We've secured the R3 miner and more than half of the R4 miner.
Nice,

I'm here and awaiting any PM's to get those last few shares.
thomas_s

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 05:28:58 PM

If you're on the fence about getting the shares please do so now, if you've reserved shares please send payment to the address as soon as possible so the units can be paid in full tonight.

A little birdy told me that there won't be many if any shares left tomorrow morning.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 05:39:45 PM

A lil birdy might be right!

23 more shares reserved via PM by gents w/ names starting with: "A" (20 more shares for 23 total) and "J" (3 more shares for 4 total).

20 shares left! Then that's all she wrote!
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 05:41:24 PM

Please send R3/R4 questions and reservations, payment confirmations to Thomas.

I gotta head to work. I'll get to PMs tonight I missed from yesterday, or if possible please mention your urgent concerns to Thomas.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: