Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:16:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 day sale on Baby Jet or Sierra!  (Read 2855 times)
gateway (OP)

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 02:33:06 AM

FYI to all, 3 day sale is on now at HashFast.. get great discounts on the popular Baby Jet and Sierra.. check the site now for the prices!

https://hashfast.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 03:19:27 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2013, 03:37:45 AM by Paladin69

Not interested in paying for adobe illustrator renders and using "no recourse" payment options.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 04:12:07 AM

Not interested in paying for adobe illustrator renders and using "no recourse" payment options.

IOW:

Not interested DYODD, or endorsements from ftcTaiChi, cypherdoc, and Uniquify for a chip that taped out to TSMC a month ago.

Not interested in anything except being lazy and negative.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 06:49:18 AM

Not interested in anything except being lazy and negative.

Trying to help people not make mistakes.  Just like you wanting 80 btc for 100gh.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:07:20 AM

These are not price competitive compared to the others who are just about to be shipping. What was their company thinking? (That people wouldn't realize that?)
lumpycustard

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:55:12 AM

They're all risky but I'd put these way ahead of competition such as cointerra (if you're ordering now).  They have a decent chance of getting out on time, and anything you can get before that 2PH launches is worth a premium.  The miner protection program is nowhere as good as it sounds, but it's certainly icing.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:07:49 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2013, 08:22:09 AM by Bitcoinorama

Read Hashfast's NEW Terms of Sale.

I'm still waiting for someone to point out the monster read flag that now exists there.

It shouldn't be that hard for you to find, they change their terms on an almost daily basis.

4 times alone just a week ago in consecutive days.

You would be nuts to agree to such terms, why aren't their buyers in uproar, oh because;

1. Absolutely none of them have read what they actually agreed to, let alone saved copies of the terms they agreed to on the exact day of sale.
2. Hashfast conveniently neglect to tell anyone what they are really doing and when they make these changes.

READ THEIR FRESHLY EDITED TERMS OF SALE...!!!!

No secured payment.
Unrealistic, now 'anticipated' delivery dates.
No warranty to speak of.
No ability to refund in a reasonable timeframe for failure.
Chip specs based on best case simulated values.
No recourse.
No third party liability.
No accountability.
No real protection.

Read their terms of sale, they change them frequently after purchase.

Let's play a game, I want to see who spots the new entry, and it's a huge negative...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 10:01:13 AM

1. Absolutely none of them have read what they actually agreed to, let alone saved copies of the terms they agreed to on the exact day of sale.

Actually I did. For reference, here is the August 9 ToS: http://pastebin.com/EfS9vmRf

2. Hashfast conveniently neglect to tell anyone what they are really doing and when they make these changes.

Agreed, I hate it when this happens. In some cases they also don't update the revision number. Not sure if that is intentional or not, but it sure is sloppy/unprofessional.

That said, I do put more trust in HashFast when compared to other ASIC producing companies (with the exception of ASICMiner). I believe they have good intentions and will deliver a top notch AISC. I also like the MPP. The keywords being 'believe' and 'trust'. If that will be enough to warrant a purchase, we will see.

I'm not sure why HF has both the BJ and Sierra product lines. They should simplify and just have one product that can be extended with additional ASIC modules. It seems to be a certainty that batch 1 will need additional modules as part of the MPP. So why not upgrade those orders to a Sierra from the start and take the BJ out of the lineup? Keep it simple.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 10:37:33 AM

I just like the fact that you have to pay $4800 extra only for the MPP. So actually they will send you chips from your own money and maybe they will make some money there too.Crazy!

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 12:27:55 PM

Actually I did. For reference, here is the August 9 ToS: http://pastebin.com/EfS9vmRf

Agreed, I hate it when this happens. In some cases they also don't update the revision number. Not sure if that is intentional or not, but it sure is sloppy/unprofessional.

Cheers, please now go and take a look at the revisions since.

aneutronic

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 03:58:56 PM

I'm not sure why HF has both the BJ and Sierra product lines. They should simplify and just have one product that can be extended with additional ASIC modules. It seems to be a certainty that batch 1 will need additional modules as part of the MPP. So why not upgrade those orders to a Sierra from the start and take the BJ out of the lineup? Keep it simple.

+1
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 05:03:03 PM

You're probably right.

I'm curious to know if the author of the terms of sale is a licensed lawyer or their employed law student.

Let's play a game, I want to see who spots the new entry, and it's a huge negative...

How about you quit wasting our time and just post it?
gateway (OP)

Activity: 552

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 05:33:35 PM

Bitcoinorama likes th stir the pot, which can be healthy at times but yea I mean if you have something to say just point out your concern and maybe people can rectify or explain why things change.
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:09:18 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2013, 07:20:40 PM by tacotime

I assume he's talking about this:

11   + 3. DELIVERY AND QUANTITIES.
12   + (a) Guaranteed Baby Jet Delivery Dates – Batch 1. All of the 550 Baby Jet units from Hashfast’s first production batch are guaranteed for delivery by December 31, 2013. If Buyer ordered one or more units of such Baby Jets, and Hashfast does not deliver such units by that date, then Buyer may cancel the undelivered portion of the order at Buyer’s request and Hashfast will refund the payment for the units that Buyer purchased but did not receive and cancelled. This cancellation and refund is Buyer’s sole and exclusive remedy for Hashfast failing to deliver by the December 31, 2013 guaranteed delivery date. To avail itself of this remedy, Buyer must cancel the order before such unit(s) are delivered by Hashfast, and in any case before March 31, 2014.
13   + (b) Guaranteed Baby Jet Delivery Dates – Batch 2. All of the 550 Baby Jet units from Hashfast’s second production batch are guaranteed for delivery by February 28, 2014. If Buyer ordered one or more units of such Baby Jets, and Hashfast does not deliver such units by that date, then Buyer may cancel the undelivered portion of the order at Buyer’s request and Hashfast will refund the payment for the units that Buyer purchased but did not receive and cancelled. This cancellation and refund is Buyer’s sole and exclusive remedy for Hashfast failing to deliver by the February 28, 2014 guaranteed delivery date. To avail itself of this remedy, Buyer must cancel the order before such unit(s) are delivered by Hashfast, and in any case before May 28, 2014.
14   + (c) Guaranteed Sierra Delivery Dates – Batch 2. All Sierra units from Hashfast’s second production batch are guaranteed for delivery by January 31, 2014. If Buyer ordered one or more units of such Baby Jets, and Hashfast does not deliver such units by that date, then Buyer may cancel the undelivered portion of the order at Buyer’s request and Hashfast will refund the payment for the units that Buyer purchased but did not receive and cancelled. This cancellation and refund is Buyer’s sole and exclusive remedy for Hashfast failing to deliver by the January 31, 2014 guaranteed delivery date. To avail itself of this remedy, Buyer must cancel the order before such unit(s) are delivered by Hashfast, and in any case before April 4, 2014.
15   + (d) Other Delivery Dates. Except for the delivery dates described in Section 3(a)-(c) above and delivery dates explicitly guaranteed using the words “guaranteed delivery” in the order confirmation sent by Hashfast: (i) delivery dates communicated or acknowledged by Hashfast are approximate only; (ii) Hashfast shall not be liable for, nor shall Hashfast be in breach of its obligations to Buyer because of any delivery made within a reasonable time before or after the stated delivery date; and (iii) Buyer will give Hashfast written notice of failure to deliver and ten (10) days within which to cure. In any case, Buyer’s sole and exclusive remedy after such cure period or guaranteed delivery date is to cancel the affected and undelivered portions of the order, and receive a refund for the undelivered portions that were cancelled.
16   + (e) Products shall be delivered EXWORKS (Incoterms 2000) Hashfast’ manufacturing facility, or other facility as designated by Hashfast.
17   + (f) In the event Buyer contests delivery, the Buyer must request a proof of delivery from Hashfast within ten (10) days of the date of Hashfast’ invoice or guaranteed delivery date (whichever occurs first), otherwise delivery shall be deemed completed. If Buyer fails to take delivery, then Hashfast may deliver the Products in consignment at Buyer’s costs and expenses. Timely delivery requires Buyer to provide all necessary order and delivery information sufficiently prior to the agreed delivery date. Delivery may also be contingent on full payment. No order or any part thereof may be rescheduled or cancelled without Hashfast’ prior written consent except for cancellations permitted under this Section 3.

I would say Batch 1 will be shipping in December and Batch 2 in January.  Since HashFast has already stated that they are getting their wafers on Nov 1st, and that we have no idea if they need to be respun, and that we haven't seen any prototype boards, I would guess we're a whiles from shipping.

If HashFast is doing anything intelligent, they'll be using off-the-shelf liquid cooling units from Asetek eg Corsair H110s.  I think a Corsair H90 would struggle to cool 250W, though.

See: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/corsair_h90_review,12.html

A 3770K at 1.3 V pulls about 160-180 W... 250 W is a lot to cool.  The whole watercooling thing is moronic if you ask me, I'm hoping they use Corsair H110s so I can pull them off and mount an aircooled unit that is less prone to failure.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:20:02 PM

Read Hashfast's NEW Terms of Sale.

I'm still waiting for someone to point out the monster read flag that now exists there.

It shouldn't be that hard for you to find, they change their terms on an almost daily basis.

4 times alone just a week ago in consecutive days.

You would be nuts to agree to such terms, why aren't their buyers in uproar, oh because;

READ THEIR FRESHLY EDITED TERMS OF SALE...!!!!

No secured payment.
Unrealistic, now 'anticipated' delivery dates.
No warranty to speak of.
No ability to refund in a reasonable timeframe for failure.
Chip specs based on best case simulated values.
No recourse.
No third party liability.
No accountability.
No real protection.

Read their terms of sale, they change them frequently after purchase.

I see what he is talking about. The problem is there is no easy way to import the differences in their terms of their agreement.

Some sections and wording were significantly changed.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:43:14 PM

DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:51:13 PM

Well, when all the lawyers and amateur lawyers are done poring over legalese, thomas_s., bobsag3, and I are trying to sell our 2nd Sierra in 2 days thanks to this Flash Sale:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=299171.0;all

Upfront, I'm not your lawyer or your financial adviser but we have at-cost shares available for those interested in either a MPP (Round3) or non-MPP (Round4) shares in an at-cost HashFast Sierra. Who knows if we all lose our shirts, but at least we'll all lose our shirts...together!  Cheesy
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:53:37 PM

Well, when all the lawyers and amateur lawyers are done poring over legalese, thomas_s., bobsag3, and I are trying to sell our 2nd Sierra in 2 days thanks to this Flash Sale:

Upfront, I'm not your lawyer or your financial adviser but we have at-cost shares available for those interested in either a MPP (Round3) or non-MPP (Round4) shares in an at-cost HashFast Sierra. Who knows if we all lose our shirts, but at least we'll all lose our shirts...together!  Cheesy
Having a sense of Humor....priceless...
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:24:38 PM

I assume he's talking about this:

11   + 3. DELIVERY AND QUANTITIES.
12   + (a) Guaranteed Baby Jet Delivery Dates – Batch 1. All of the 550 Baby Jet units from Hashfast’s first production batch are guaranteed for delivery by December 31, 2013. If Buyer ordered one or more units of such Baby Jets, and Hashfast does not deliver such units by that date, then Buyer may cancel the undelivered portion of the order at Buyer’s request and Hashfast will refund the payment for the units that Buyer purchased but did not receive and cancelled. This cancellation and refund is Buyer’s sole and exclusive remedy for Hashfast failing to deliver by the December 31, 2013 guaranteed delivery date. To avail itself of this remedy, Buyer must cancel the order before such unit(s) are delivered by Hashfast, and in any case before March 31, 2014.
13   + (b) Guaranteed Baby Jet Delivery Dates – Batch 2. All of the 550 Baby Jet units from Hashfast’s second production batch are guaranteed for delivery by February 28, 2014. If Buyer ordered one or more units of such Baby Jets, and Hashfast does not deliver such units by that date, then Buyer may cancel the undelivered portion of the order at Buyer’s request and Hashfast will refund the payment for the units that Buyer purchased but did not receive and cancelled. This cancellation and refund is Buyer’s sole and exclusive remedy for Hashfast failing to deliver by the February 28, 2014 guaranteed delivery date. To avail itself of this remedy, Buyer must cancel the order before such unit(s) are delivered by Hashfast, and in any case before May 28, 2014.
14   + (c) Guaranteed Sierra Delivery Dates – Batch 2. All Sierra units from Hashfast’s second production batch are guaranteed for delivery by January 31, 2014. If Buyer ordered one or more units of such Baby Jets, and Hashfast does not deliver such units by that date, then Buyer may cancel the undelivered portion of the order at Buyer’s request and Hashfast will refund the payment for the units that Buyer purchased but did not receive and cancelled. This cancellation and refund is Buyer’s sole and exclusive remedy for Hashfast failing to deliver by the January 31, 2014 guaranteed delivery date. To avail itself of this remedy, Buyer must cancel the order before such unit(s) are delivered by Hashfast, and in any case before April 4, 2014.
15   + (d) Other Delivery Dates. Except for the delivery dates described in Section 3(a)-(c) above and delivery dates explicitly guaranteed using the words “guaranteed delivery” in the order confirmation sent by Hashfast: (i) delivery dates communicated or acknowledged by Hashfast are approximate only; (ii) Hashfast shall not be liable for, nor shall Hashfast be in breach of its obligations to Buyer because of any delivery made within a reasonable time before or after the stated delivery date; and (iii) Buyer will give Hashfast written notice of failure to deliver and ten (10) days within which to cure. In any case, Buyer’s sole and exclusive remedy after such cure period or guaranteed delivery date is to cancel the affected and undelivered portions of the order, and receive a refund for the undelivered portions that were cancelled.
16   + (e) Products shall be delivered EXWORKS (Incoterms 2000) Hashfast’ manufacturing facility, or other facility as designated by Hashfast.
17   + (f) In the event Buyer contests delivery, the Buyer must request a proof of delivery from Hashfast within ten (10) days of the date of Hashfast’ invoice or guaranteed delivery date (whichever occurs first), otherwise delivery shall be deemed completed. If Buyer fails to take delivery, then Hashfast may deliver the Products in consignment at Buyer’s costs and expenses. Timely delivery requires Buyer to provide all necessary order and delivery information sufficiently prior to the agreed delivery date. Delivery may also be contingent on full payment. No order or any part thereof may be rescheduled or cancelled without Hashfast’ prior written consent except for cancellations permitted under this Section 3.

I would say Batch 1 will be shipping in December and Batch 2 in January.  Since HashFast has already stated that they are getting their wafers on Nov 1st, and that we have no idea if they need to be respun, and that we haven't seen any prototype boards, I would guess we're a whiles from shipping.

If HashFast is doing anything intelligent, they'll be using off-the-shelf liquid cooling units from Asetek eg Corsair H110s.  I think a Corsair H90 would struggle to cool 250W, though.

See: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/corsair_h90_review,12.html

A 3770K at 1.3 V pulls about 160-180 W... 250 W is a lot to cool.  The whole watercooling thing is moronic if you ask me, I'm hoping they use Corsair H110s so I can pull them off and mount an aircooled unit that is less prone to failure.

Nope keep looking...Wink

DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:39:32 PM

Upfront, I'm not your lawyer or your financial adviser but we have at-cost shares available for those interested in either a MPP (Round3) or non-MPP (Round4) shares in an at-cost HashFast Sierra. Who knows if we all lose our shirts, but at least we'll all lose our shirts...together!  Cheesy
Having a sense of Humor....priceless...

Well, you just gotta laugh about most of this stuff if you're still trying to mine and you think plain vanilla Buy & Hold is boring or you really do want to do your part to help secure the network (at the lowest possible costs that aren't USB thumb drive devices).

I'm not here to help those guys (although I do hold BTC via BnH & dollar cost averaging of my BTC purchases). I'm here to help those trying to get at-cost pricing as if they were rich or made out of BTC because the best values are only found at the top end of the market nowadays.

I may be a cheeky mofo but I'm a mofo that gets stuff done and isn't afraid to tell any emperor that he's buck ass naked & either retracted or all huevos. I don't care WTF your title is, we're all the same from the most pitiful, wretched human to the richest, IMHO. Now imagine yourself as the head of HashFast marketing, a new darling child of the ASIC pre-order marketplace, and you get this PM from this cheeky mofo: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=299171.msg3208696#msg3208696

==
For some reason I didn't get an email blast even though I'm registered & have a paid B1 order. Was it the mention about only 4 votes for HashFast in my latest poll in my PM? Coincidence?  Huh

I know VMC, Avalon, &  BFL are having issues & I'm no conspiracy theorist but the weekend timing is interesting.  Cheesy   Cheesy

For a more nuanced take on how I feel about mfg. hatred on the forum, I wrote up my thoughts here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=281307.msg3154478#msg3154478
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: