Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:07:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Cinnamon Coin 1.4.1 (CIN) No PreMine (POW )& POS TRADE ON COINS-E  (Read 29925 times)
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 01:53:45 PM

If anyone is interested in using their CIN for purchasing some silver plated or pure silver Commiserative Gox coins, please drop me a line or check out my thread Smiley I'm interested in supporting CIN as it's a coin I've traded in the past and I love how it's not just burnt out and disappeared like so many alts.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=508380.0

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:05:12 AM

Are there ANY working pools?

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
cinnamon_carter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 08:00:27 AM

no proof of work at this time , i am coding a new client that will be released in the near future , the network is running now only on proof of stake ---

it will be posted when ready --

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
cinnamon_carter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 03:22:18 PM

NOTE -- CINNAMON COIN MAY BE DEAD,

I DON'T HAVE THE TIME , MOTIVATION AND LACK SOME OF THE NECESSARY C++ SKILL TO PROPERLY FIX THE CLIENT

THERE IS NO GENUINE INTEREST FROM THE COMMUNITY OR ANYONE ELSE IN THE COIN

I SHUT THE MAIN NODES OF THE NETWORK DOWN

I NOTIFIED COINS E TO DELIST THE COIN

IF ANYONE HAS A PROPOSED FIX THAT CAN SOLVE ALL THE PROBLEMS (CURRENT BLOCK TIME STAMP NEGATIVE CANNOT BE SOLVED, DIFFICULTY NEEDS TO BE RESET FROM 292 MILLION AND A HOST OF OTHER PROBLEMS)  DO A GITPULL AND IF IT WORKS ILL MERGE IT AND RESTART THE CHAIN

BLOCK HEIGHT WHERE I STOPPED IT IS 57307,

WHILE I SOLVED EACH PROBLEM INDIVIDUALLY I CANNOT SEEM TO PUT IT ALL TOGETHER

I AM TIRED OF IT

THATS IT

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 03:47:33 PM

NOTE -- CINNAMON COIN MAY BE DEAD,

I DON'T HAVE THE TIME , MOTIVATION AND LACK SOME OF THE NECESSARY C++ SKILL TO PROPERLY FIX THE CLIENT

THERE IS NO GENUINE INTEREST FROM THE COMMUNITY OR ANYONE ELSE IN THE COIN

I SHUT THE MAIN NODES OF THE NETWORK DOWN

I NOTIFIED COINS E TO DELIST THE COIN

IF ANYONE HAS A PROPOSED FIX THAT CAN SOLVE ALL THE PROBLEMS (CURRENT BLOCK TIME STAMP NEGATIVE CANNOT BE SOLVED, DIFFICULTY NEEDS TO BE RESET FROM 292 MILLION AND A HOST OF OTHER PROBLEMS)  DO A GITPULL AND IF IT WORKS ILL MERGE IT AND RESTART THE CHAIN

BLOCK HEIGHT WHERE I STOPPED IT IS 57307,

WHILE I SOLVED EACH PROBLEM INDIVIDUALLY I CANNOT SEEM TO PUT IT ALL TOGETHER

I AM TIRED OF IT

THATS IT

Sorry to hear this.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
cinnamon_carter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 09:39:44 PM

for now i left it as it was due to requests by users of cryptocointalk,

if anyone wants to make suggestions please do a gitpull,

issues are current block has a neg. timestamp thus impossible to solve (i was able to fix this issue but the difficulty went and stayed at 272 million , i even tried including new code and bumping the protocol kicking all old clients off the network to a 'test' of new client.... cannot seem to resolve difficulty issue)

to be honest I am not a pro at c++ and the coins cinnamon coin is cloned from btc, nvc, ppc ect... are well designed to prevent anyone 'tampering' with certain things ....

if anyone has ever tinkered around you know exactly what I mean

what protects coin networks like bitcoin or any coin done properly from a rogue person coding some new rules in is preventing me the developer changing the rules. 

I am sure it can be done if I was a good enough programer and knew exactly where to make the changes but I admit my skiills are not so good.

I am good at many things but proof of stake I admit has me over my head.

I suspect very few people really understand what is going on with proof of stake and how it works and how 'arbitrary' it can be.

That is another issue too. Willl post again when I have a resolution.  Was a bit fustrated yesterday after my code that worked so well on test net did not work on the network.

Someone suggested my options are either

1)
let the coin run as it has been , no more proof of work (if i do this I know how to securly recode the client for proof of stake only and will adjust the annual percentage up a bit)  ,

2)
relaunch the coin with a premine and do an exchange for coin holders

Now I undertsand why so many 'developers' vanish and are never heard from again.

I guess it takes a woman to 'step up' and admit I have a problem I can't solve on my own (yet) instead of running away.

Check out my coin Photon

cinnamon_carter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 01:02:01 AM

Note the blockchain is actually moving quite stable now.  There are other ways to correct this client but i put it aside for a week or so after the last fix i had coded up worked so well on test net and failed on main net.   Oh well another learning experiene.  Will just take a bit more time to code and I am busy researching 2 other important topics now, since the network is stable I am letting the nodes run, many connections so the proof of stake is carrying it.   In retrospect I will admit life would be a lot easier now if a different codebase had been selected when this coin was cloned.  I have learned so much since then , not everything yet , but no time machines to go back and change what was done in the past.

Check out my coin Photon

icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:32:39 AM

Note the blockchain is actually moving quite stable now.  There are other ways to correct this client but i put it aside for a week or so after the last fix i had coded up worked so well on test net and failed on main net.   Oh well another learning experiene.  Will just take a bit more time to code and I am busy researching 2 other important topics now, since the network is stable I am letting the nodes run, many connections so the proof of stake is carrying it.   In retrospect I will admit life would be a lot easier now if a different codebase had been selected when this coin was cloned.  I have learned so much since then , not everything yet , but no time machines to go back and change what was done in the past.

If I had a time machine.. I'd be rich due to BTC.

The important thing is you've learned.
cinnamon_carter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 11:40:29 AM

yes , lol

time machine to 2009 to tell yourself to pay close attention to btc !!!

learned quite a bit about many many things ......

The Cinnamon Coin network is still running on stake only but the nodes only show 20+ connections most times vs. 100+ a few months ago.
I check them but not as many blocks being produced since most people who hold coins must have not been on the network in a long time

The most important thing I learned is proof of stake is no real protection or substitution for proof of WORK  ......

I won't bother with the mathematics or theory .... 

Proof of stake , unless centralized to a fairly strong degree is just something that requires too much maintainence from a code standpoint to keep running properly for everyday use and adoption as a network gets larger. There are at least a dozen methods to attack a proof of stake coin derived from bitcoin that I know of and I probably don't know them all.  Even if centralized (which I am not in favor of) it still has problems. 

Based on everything I have learned so far, Proof of Work is the only way to have a large , stable ,network that will hold up for years and be able to handle higher volume of transactions. Any network is only as secure as it's difficulty.  For any sha coins I still think block times <5 minutes are unwise.
A few other algorithms can be done with shorter block times and remain stable under heavy mining or attack.

There may be fewer issues with coins that are only proof of stake , not mixing proof of work and proof of stake however if it is only proof of stake you have the issue of  how the initial coins were created and who holds them. Fairness comes into play if you hope for the coin to become anything other than a passing fancy or a novelty. You create a pyramid scheme with very short proof of work or by selling the initial coins to 'investors' .     

While my research has lead me to other projects which are released now and a few that are in early or mid stages Cinnamon Coin will continue to be supported until I see no one connected to the network. I have not ruled out hardforking the coin and just kickstarting proof of work off again.

If I had a time machine.. I'd be rich due to BTC.

The important thing is you've learned.

Check out my coin Photon

bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:21:07 PM

it is coin dead?  please advice here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=812247.msg9092864#msg9092864
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 06:29:04 AM

Don't feel stuck holding the bag of "worthless coin" EMC2 is willing to swap (your coin + vol work) for EMC2

let me know if you are interested, this offer is made to the developer, as well as loyal community members 
cinnamon_carter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 11:05:21 PM

not dead but blockchain moving slow on stake only , nodes alive with connections.....

Check out my coin Photon

cinnamon_carter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 11:06:38 PM

The chain of CIN is moving so slowly it may be difficult for others to move coins safely....

Nodes continue to be under attack from proof of stake 'timing' issues....

Don't feel stuck holding the bag of "worthless coin" EMC2 is willing to swap (your coin + vol work) for EMC2

let me know if you are interested, this offer is made to the developer, as well as loyal community members 

Check out my coin Photon

Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 12:00:03 AM

The chain of CIN is moving so slowly it may be difficult for others to move coins safely....

we could use your skills over at EMC2
cinnamon_carter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 12:20:59 AM

I am involved in a few other proects right now, don't want to make commitments i cannot keep,

Send me a pm when time allows and let me know what you had in mind,

I will look over your code on github when I have a chance to get an overview of you project...

Thanks,....

we could use your skills over at EMC2

Check out my coin Photon

kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 01:05:51 AM

cinni is totally one of best coin devs out there!

cinnamon_carter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 01:38:44 AM

thanks but i would not say that, i am good at certain things, other aspects i am still learning, much to learn, 

to make a successful project i am convinced it is best to have a team of developers each with their own areas of excellence ,

then when things come up they get resolved much faster and better !!!

cinni is totally one of best coin devs out there!

Check out my coin Photon

cinnamon_carter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 03:10:33 AM

ok someone asked me about this old little project the other day,

I could now if i wanted to fix everything 100% and start up the proof of work and proof of stake going again on CIN.

My c++  and full understanding of proof of work/stake code has improved leaps and bounds in the past several months...........

Just because I can do something does not mean it should be done ....

I am not going to do it at this time, the network nodes are alive , last I checked with 9-15 connections each .....

(which was yesterday)

I am currently involved in other projects that leave me little time or desire to work on CIN at this time.........

The network is active and continue to produce a half dozen blocks or sometimes many more a day from stake only

Here it is in a nutshell

When I launched this coin I did not really grasp the issues that proof of stake fails in , i.e. byzantine generals problem not to mention this code base and any other one based on ppc or nvc ect.... have many 'vulnerabilities' , unless you have some centralized checkpointing............the codebase this particular coin was cloned from could be attacked literally by someone with a decent amount of coins / coin age and by them playine around with the clock on their computer and connecting to the network........... sounds messed up but it is true.

I never wanted a centralized anything so I will not put in a system like ppc or feathercoin uses aka Sunny King style, (not to say I disrespect his work on the contrary I think he is a brilliant developer)

Stake is 'arbitrary'   ..........  at some point in the future I may or may not decide to hard fork this to proof of work only, and possibly change the algorithm from scrypt 1024 to something else............................ 

Since I am the only person working on it, and obviously no one else has any interest in this project I don't think it really matters what I do with it.

I keep the nodes up since I have nodes running for bitcoin, and other projects I support on several servers so no waste of resources to keep these alive. 

So that is it.    I may never post to this thread again , or who knows if I have free time  in a month or two and feel like experimenting I may
look at a change............. If I did I would likely do it in such a way that allows anyone who owned coins in the past to retain them by importing your private keys into the new wallet....................     

If anyone is up for a challenge in c++ , math, crypto, and all kinds of other lovely stuff do a gitpull with your proposal for a solution and if it looks good I would test it and merge it...........   please do not reply here , stick to the comments on github and we will work there.......... 

I don't expect that to happen and I am ok with that since I have moved on to much better projects.

I still think Cinnamon Coin was really cool for a lot of reasons

1) It was the first coin named after someone (me),

2) It was a great learning experience for me

3)  I would have never even joined this forum except to announce it , I was a lurker only for years before that since the locker room type atmosphere of 'guys only' on this forum  made me feel unwelcome as a woman.  I no longer feel unwelcome in the forum and realized for as much as i learned from this forum before I was a member I learned a lot more after I joined. 

4) Other reasons I will keep to myself

Check out my coin Photon

bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 07:03:16 AM

Nice update cin, good luck with your future efforts!

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
hesdeadjim

Activity: 468
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 05:24:48 AM

are there any working nodes for this coin?

thanks.

Smiley

Awesome New Exchange  -  http://www.cryproquo.com/addcoin.html  -  Awesome New Exchange
Put  -  Referred By hesdeadjim  -  In The Box Marked Additional Notes And Receive 1/2 Off Listing Fees From 07/01/18  -  07/07/18
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: