Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:10:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Friendship is magic  (Read 662 times)
Tyrantt (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:08:44 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2018, 04:42:48 AM by Tyrantt

So apparently, you can't give yourself merit but it's ok if you have friends to give you 50 merit for absolutely no reason...

So Leonbtc was given 50merit buy Cean (CEA after translating the page via chrome), then the reply called him out and Cean replied and implied that somehow it's ok since they're friends?

Also, am I missing something or is this post really worth 50merit.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:58:09 PM

That post surely deserves 50 merits. Take a deep look again. He said my friends told me about bitcoin and i really laughf at them
He also said my life today is really full of excitement and also said i can now paid my obligations.
If you do not give more than 50 merits to these kind of posts, then you need to see a doctor.

I am happy that you have tagged these posts. I hope the admin and other high-ranked members notice this thread.
ekinvest

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 11:41:27 PM

So apparently, you can't give yourself merit but it's ok if you have friends to give you 50 merit for absolutely no reason...

So Leonbtc was given 50merit buy Cean (CEA after translating the page via chrome), then the reply called him out and Cean replied and implied that somehow it's ok since they're friends?

Aslo, am I missing something or is this post really worth 50merit.
This is reality of Merit system. Friendships going on. What an amazing post that he got 50 Merits!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 11:49:10 PM

Link to post. Link to all accounts involved. How about you save me us some time?

Small note: The *friend* needs merit to rank up their account. Ergo, classic abuse.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Lipe490

Activity: 602
Merit: 263

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:07:17 AM

Link to post. Link to all accounts involved. How about you save me us some time?

Small note: The *friend* needs merit to rank up their account. Ergo, classic abuse.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 12:09:21 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2018, 12:26:35 AM by Lauda

-snip-
Exactly. I'm Lauda, the users mentioned are randoms, and you're an ICO bumper. 'Impressive', dishonest cutoff of the post.

Stop spamming.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Lipe490

Activity: 602
Merit: 263

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:12:16 AM

-snip-
Exactly. I'm Lauda, the users mentioned are randoms, and you're an ICO bumper. 

Stop spamming.
And you are an extortionist who uses DT in your own benefit.
Tyrantt (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:06:46 AM
Merited by nullius (1)

Yeah, mah bad.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=756570 - Cean
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1035345 - Leonbtc

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818404.msg28927677#msg28927677 - Link to post from Leonbtc
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818404.msg28928170#msg28928170 - Link to post from Cean where Leonbtc merited him

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;u=1035345 - Merit summary

I don't speak turkish so I've used google chrome to translate the page for me, might have been translated out of context but is still dodgy. Also, that reply that was merited with 50 merit was ridiculous.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Bugsbey

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:25:29 AM

That post surely deserves 50 merits. Take a deep look again. He said my friends told me about bitcoin and i really laughf at them
He also said my life today is really full of excitement and also said i can now paid my obligations.
If you do not give more than 50 merits to these kind of posts, then you need to see a doctor.

I am happy that you have tagged these posts. I hope the admin and other high-ranked members notice this thread.

I feel and did the same way as you when I first heard about bitcoin. But when I noticed and witnessed their success I realized it was really true. And now here I am. Aside from the benefits from bitcoin, I feel enjoyment in posting different topics and learning about it.
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 02:27:00 AM

Thread: Re: Merit Sistemi (page 13)

https://web.archive.org/web/20180222021356/https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818404.msg28927677#msg28927677

Merited by Cean (50), Neo-- (36), Kripto_adam (4)

Ah ama bu cok kötü oldu tam siralama atlayacaktim ve suanda 150 merit almam gerekiyor! Kim bana bukadar merit versinki? cok adaletsiz bir durum oldu activity sayimiz Kadar merit alabilseydik daha adil bir uygulama olurdu.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818404.msg28928170#msg28928170 - Link to post from Cean where Leonbtc merited him

https://web.archive.org/web/20180222021418/https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818404.msg28928170#msg28928170

Merited by Leonbtc (18)

Ah ama bu cok kötü oldu tam siralama atlayacaktim ve suanda 150 merit almam gerekiyor! Kim bana bukadar merit versinki? cok adaletsiz bir durum oldu activity sayimiz Kadar merit alabilseydik daha adil bir uygulama olurdu.

Kesinlikle katılıyorum ben de tam hero member olacaktım bu hafta ama kısmet değilmiş. Smiley Bu durumun adaletsiz olduğu size yukarıdaki mesajınız için verilen 50 meritten belli.Bana göre bu meritleri yan hesaplarınızdan verdiniz.
Yoo. Canım istedi attım.  Wink Arkadaş alt hesabım da değildir. İspat isterseniz moderatörle iletişime geçin.

P.S., good catch, Tyrantt.

Tyrantt (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:27:48 AM

I feel and did the same way as you when I first heard about bitcoin. But when I noticed and witnessed their success I realized it was really true. And now here I am. Aside from the benefits from bitcoin, I feel enjoyment in posting different topics and learning about it.

What the hell are you talking about?

nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 02:29:33 AM

Damned if they know.

etherflip
Copper Member

Activity: 103
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:38:02 AM
Merited by squatter (1)

It's easy to point out massive merit rewards but everyone should keep in mind when singling them out and accusing them outright that this is a group-think, witch-hunt mentality.

It is also quite as possible for someone with several accounts to give someone else a huge merit reward simply because they want negative action taken against that person.

I am not saying this is happening here, but everyone should keep this in mind when posting like this.

nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 03:51:59 AM

It is also quite as possible for someone with several accounts to give someone else a huge merit reward simply because they want negative action taken against that person.

Did you even read the posts?  Evidently not.  The user who gave +50 positively declared that he was a friend of the other user.  The user who got +50, got it for a post complaining about how “very unjust” it was that he needed 150 merit to rank up.  Why are you positing in this thread some hypothetical scenario which is so clearly inapplicable in this case?

I am not saying this is happening here,

No, you are doing the sleazier equivalent:  You are insinuating it while avoiding saying so outright.  Otherwise, you would have no logical reason to post in this thread.

tuanytcc

Activity: 476
Merit: 14

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:27:46 AM
Merited by ducdr (1)

Two-way merited behaviours. I guess and believe that it's not strange in the forum after the launch of merit system. At least, till now, admin has not released new rules to punish those ones. Hope that he will, if not, the forum will see more almost illegal behaviours of merit exchanging like that. I call almost illegal because base on current rules, they did not doing any thing wrong.

Tyrantt (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:36:15 AM

Two-way merited behaviours. I guess and believe that it's not strange in the forum after the launch of merit system. At least, till now, admin has not released new rules to punish those ones. Hope that he will, if not, the forum will see more almost illegal behaviours of merit exchanging like that. I call almost illegal because base on current rules, they did not doing any thing wrong.

Theymos quotes:
While we will not be directly moderating this, I encourage people to give merit to posts that are objectively high-quality, not just posts that you agree with.

and

- Forcing people to post high-quality stuff in order to rank up.

So if merit is here to improve quality of overall posts, then by doing this (what those two guys did) is defeating the very purpose of merit.

I, to be honest, don't find any of these 3 posts in my original post to be high-quality. Also, giving someone 50 merit because you're their friend is close to someone giving himself merit from his alts.

More merit exchanges? No problem they'll be caught.

albos

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:38:13 AM

I would like to have a friend who would give me 10 merits, lol  Roll Eyes

Congratulations to you op.
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:39:03 AM

Facepalm , he did not get my point..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: