Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:38:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Fury Miners V2 2.6Gh/s  (Read 73330 times)
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 02:15:36 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2013, 02:26:41 AM by Bicknellski

Are these 0.05BTC yet?  Waiting for that pricing.

I hope not because those of us who ordered at 0.8btc are still waiting for delivery  Angry
Pricing has not changed and will never go down to 0.05BTC it would be impossible.
Why would it be impossible?  When they won't make 0.05BTC in a lifetime, it will definitely be possible.  I just want one as a toy/museum piece.
Well the chip alone from bitfury is 6x the price you are expecting. Also what kind of calculations are you using that 2.6 ghs won't mine 0.05 in a lifetime? I am going to tell you now it is impossible unless bitfury bring chip pricing down to $1 and we can get a 20000 unit run to bring pcb and parts down also.

฿0.05 is wrong calculation. Single 2.6GH/s miner, starting to mine today, and with 90% monthly difficulty rise, will mine ฿0.37 during it's lifetime.

Is 90% monthly rise normal now for eternity?

http://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty

90% monthly difficulty rise would be normal at least for a few months. Current KnC delivery hasn't been accounted for yesterdays difficulty increase, expect even higher next percentage rise. HashFast is delivering by the end of this month and is promising to more than double the current network hash-rate before new year, currently we have 1.5 PHs, HashFast alone will dump 2PHs. We will also get KnC batch #2 in the mix in the same timeframe. When all this is deployed we will get astronomic CoinTerra dump, they are biggest of all these manufacturers and nobody knows exactly their influence yet. I'm not even counting smaller chip makers like Bitfury, Avalon Gen 2, AsicMiner Gen 2, etc. So, 90% monthly increase is extremely conservative expectation for next 4-6 months, feel free to use much bigger number for your calculations, but with conservative 90% a month you get ฿0.37 expected earnings for this USB Bitfury miner.

So... possibly most probably higher than 90% for the next couple months at least. Ouch.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 02:24:50 AM

So... possibly higher than 90% for the next couple months at least. Ouch.
Yes, everyone get prepared for your orifices to be stretched to the max for some time to come.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Bicknellski

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 02:27:17 AM

Yes, everyone get prepared for your orifices to be stretched to the max for some time to come.

The bubble she is a big one.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 05:19:33 AM

Sad
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 06:56:53 AM

I may be alt poor but I am at least certain of my future Cheesy

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Benny1985

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 02:36:10 PM

Do these miners have heatsinks on them? Most pictures look like they are without a heatsink. Also, how is production going?
Beastlymac (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 02:41:02 PM

Do these miners have heatsinks on them? Most pictures look like they are without a heatsink. Also, how is production going?
Yes they come with heatsinks. We should have some photos of the test run in a couple of days.

Message me if you have any problems
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 03:09:18 PM

Are these 0.05BTC yet?  Waiting for that pricing.

I hope not because those of us who ordered at 0.8btc are still waiting for delivery  Angry
Pricing has not changed and will never go down to 0.05BTC it would be impossible.
Why would it be impossible?  When they won't make 0.05BTC in a lifetime, it will definitely be possible.  I just want one as a toy/museum piece.
Well the chip alone from bitfury is 6x the price you are expecting. Also what kind of calculations are you using that 2.6 ghs won't mine 0.05 in a lifetime? I am going to tell you now it is impossible unless bitfury bring chip pricing down to $1 and we can get a 20000 unit run to bring pcb and parts down also.

฿0.05 is wrong calculation. Single 2.6GH/s miner, starting to mine today, and with 90% monthly difficulty rise, will mine ฿0.37 during it's lifetime.

Is 90% monthly rise normal now for eternity?

http://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty

90% monthly difficulty rise would be normal at least for a few months. Current KnC delivery hasn't been accounted for yesterdays difficulty increase, expect even higher next percentage rise. HashFast is delivering by the end of this month and is promising to more than double the current network hash-rate before new year, currently we have 1.5 PHs, HashFast alone will dump 2PHs. We will also get KnC batch #2 in the mix in the same timeframe. When all this is deployed we will get astronomic CoinTerra dump, they are biggest of all these manufacturers and nobody knows exactly their influence yet. I'm not even counting smaller chip makers like Bitfury, Avalon Gen 2, AsicMiner Gen 2, etc. So, 90% monthly increase is extremely conservative expectation for next 4-6 months, feel free to use much bigger number for your calculations, but with conservative 90% a month you get ฿0.37 expected earnings for this USB Bitfury miner.

You don't have to mine BTC, you could mine another SHA coin. also people will probably plug these things in and forget about them or just be adding GH to their existing hashing power Tongue
fractalbc

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 07:09:33 PM

Which, quite remarkably, is just about what the chip vendor is charging for the chip alone.  You can't blame an assembler for trying to recover his NRE on a limited life product, or enthusiasts who want to add a new toy to their collection.
Bicknellski

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 07:48:39 AM

Potential for a Batch 2?

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 08:03:56 AM

I'm accepting BTC for batch 2 orders now, in my group buy for Asia (and the rest of the world if you buy through me.)

Beastlymac (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 02:11:45 AM

A little bit of blue.

Maidak
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1058

The OGz Club

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 02:41:08 AM

A little bit of blue.

What kind of USB hubs are those?

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Beastlymac (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 02:44:19 AM

A little bit of blue.

What kind of USB hubs are those?
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Great-price-Sipolar-20-port-USB2-0-HUB-USB-HUB-Copy-Industry-level-HUB-Original-quality/215038_979153532.html

crudpuppy

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 02:54:59 AM

So you bout ready to be shipping to resellers and thus them shipping to us?

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
Bicknellski

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 04:22:10 AM

A little bit of blue.

Purdy... nice to see the BLUE furiously hashing. Great news.

Photon939

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 04:38:31 AM

I seem to have run into a problem with my BF1 sticks.

I've already tried a different powered hub and completely wiping my raspi and recompiling CGminer 3.5 from source, all with the same result:

Beastlymac (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 04:45:22 AM

I seem to have run into a problem with my BF1 sticks.

I've already tried a different powered hub and completely wiping my raspi and recompiling CGminer 3.5 from source, all with the same result:

Try hitting the reset button. The one near the USB port with the rst beside it.
Cgminer 3.5.0 has stability issues on a raspberry pi. I would try bfgminer. The information on how to install it on raspi is in the second post. Either way I would recommend using a pc as a host I found it is a lot more stable.

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 04:47:59 AM

There's a bug in 3.5.0 where if you start BF1s after your machine has been up for a while, they will refuse to hash. The fix is to reboot your machine until I get a new version of cgminer out. If your BF1s are already hashing you will not have this problem.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Bicknellski

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 06:25:36 AM

Isn't Kevinm providing his RedFury customers support? Guess it is up to BlueFury team and ckolivas?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: