Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:24:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XJO] Joulecoin | SHA256 | First SHA256 data coin | 0.10.4.3  (Read 139681 times)
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:27:25 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2014, 12:39:50 PM by IMZ

Hmmmm . . .

Just bought six k joule so I wouldn't seem like a wanker when I come to chat.

So . . .  SOME people might say this coin is circling the drain: cap down to seven k.

One of IndiaMikeZulu's Crazy Ideas is to launch our own training-coin. And I am fascinated by the relations between the tech nature of a coin and its community. Gee, you could almost use a coin as a neutral place for hanging out (if the coin didn't represent a threat to anyone.)!!

So, here's a coin heading for its first birthday, its dev is on board, just had wallet update, and it is dead easy to mine. Let me keep looking.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Western Australia

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:54:55 PM

Hmmmm. . . .

May I humbly ask for a roll call?

Ref? Have you bailed?
Balu?
Charlie?
Spazzdia and Micro -- you still using those little miners? Could I buy one and learn?
(Look for John later)

Mad Krypto Scientist Idea One: we always put our nation of origin in our signatures cause there are many developmental benefits to be had -- MAILING stuff within countries. Stuff like bullion!!

Idea Two: develop a STRONG dynamic of peer-to-peer trading. For six months, at least, if we only BUY joules on the automated exchanges, and we arrange here on this site any sales we make, the price should rise. It is a fair practice, showing concerted community effort to develop XJO.

Idea Three: at the same time, all active members ferociously trade the coin. Keep a 'core' holding, but buy and sell on every market price-change.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:00:24 PM

Hmmmm. . . .

May I humbly ask for a roll call?

Ref? Have you bailed?
Balu?
Charlie?
Spazzdia and Micro -- you still using those little miners? Could I buy one and learn?
(Look for John later)

Mad Krypto Scientist Idea One: we always put our nation of origin in our signatures cause there are many developmental benefits to be had -- MAILING stuff within countries. Stuff like bullion!!

Idea Two: develop a STRONG dynamic of peer-to-peer trading. For six months, at least, if we only BUY joules on the automated exchanges, and we arrange here on this site any sales we make, the price should rise. It is a fair practice, showing concerted community effort to develop XJO.

Idea Three: at the same time, all active members ferociously trade the coin. Keep a 'core' holding, but buy and sell on every market price-change.

I am 100% still mining this coin.. I will mine it until it dies lol, for sure you could buy one and learn!! I'd suggest eye-boot unless you want to spend some decent $.  If you do want to spend a bit of $ bitmaintech or rockminer.. or kijijj but do not pay more than $2 a Ghash/sec.  I've put some $ into prevent the coin from dying.. it will not go under $200 marketcap.. but at that point some might consider it "dead".

I'm sitting on a decent amount of joule via mining and buying lol.
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:41:05 PM

Important Note: most of us will remain committed to other coins. Good. My Krazee Ideah is that Joule be a venue for proving how poor most coin-communities are at development. Whatever successes we achieve here will then be evidence for the same tactics in other communities. And Joule will meantime be revived.

Spazzdia, what do you think of the idea of putting our countries of origin at the bottom of posts?

And would you be prepared to explain to me about minng?? I am an UTTER.klutz with computers. Can I really get a disco light miner for just a few bucks?

And good on you for sticking with your coin! We all need, I argue, to give to cryptos as much as we want to get.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia. NXT and Unobtanium
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:30:43 PM

Important Note: most of us will remain committed to other coins. Good. My Krazee Ideah is that Joule be a venue for proving how poor most coin-communities are at development. Whatever successes we achieve here will then be evidence for the same tactics in other communities. And Joule will meantime be revived.

Spazzdia, what do you think of the idea of putting our countries of origin at the bottom of posts?

And would you be prepared to explain to me about minng?? I am an UTTER.klutz with computers. Can I really get a disco light miner for just a few bucks?

And good on you for sticking with your coin! We all need, I argue, to give to cryptos as much as we want to get.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia. NXT and Unobtanium

Depends what you want to know.. I am currently starting this course on youtube.. it's not legit or gets me anything but knowledge but IMO that is way underrated and the fancy paper saying you learned it hyper over rated.. ne ways.. For what the miner is actually doing I know some basics but I need to spend more time learning about cryptology to really get it.  Learnt some basics like ceares code, Viegnere's code and the masonic code.

As for setting up a miner I highly recommend youtube.. google the S1 set up and the R-box setup.  The eye-boot guy is really good at explaining how to make the R-Box work.   It takes like 10 mintues to setup even with downloading the required files.

Canada.
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 03:14:44 AM

@ roll call: wait

@ Spazzdla and mining: even if the erupter isn't strictly profitable, I would like to learn something about mining -- if I can srart cheaply.

@ seeking knowledge? I've been an unaffiliated scholar all my life.

@ ferocious trading? It will work, but the buy-sell split on cryptsy is 10% (low volume!). So we will need to work at it.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 09:12:53 AM

Good to see some active people over here.

I'm still here, and currently in the background there is something cool in the works, something that you guys will love  Cheesy I think everything will be finished in less than two weeks.

Joulecoin is one of the few coins that is not created by the dev to get rich quick, it has a long pow stage, gets updates regularly, etc.

Instead of supporting shitty scam coins everyone should go back to basic and support legit coins, like how it was back in 2012/2013.

I'll keep you guys updated Smiley
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:39:23 AM

Hey, Referee!

Ahhhh -- but what are thoughts on my suggestion of Radical Action? Without Total Enthusiasm from you, it would be a fizzer.

Mark, Australia
1Referee
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:50:47 AM

Hey, Referee!

Ahhhh -- but what are thoughts on my suggestion of Radical Action? Without Total Enthusiasm from you, it would be a fizzer.

Mark, Australia

Could you sum up your ideas in a list, so I can thoroughly study your ideas.

We as community can get this coin back on track again Smiley
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 12:05:28 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2014, 03:17:04 AM by IMZ

One: state frankly that Circumstances have left the Joule very very near to being beyond redemption.

Two: decide therefore that it is entirely reasonable to undertake a truly radical project to revive it.

Three: the central notion -- my political analysis -- is that crypto coin-communities have marketed their coins lopsidedly: they have 'faced inwards' and expected the world to find them. This -- and I apologise for my bluntness -- is because so many Internet folk have poor general social skills. (They confuse the Internet with the real world.)

Four: we begin a spirited experiment aimed at solving a problem that any anthropologist would immediately see: there is no community mechanism to deal with anti-social elements. Guys, I began my involvement in revolutionary politics in 1982. The dynamic here is clear. You assume that everyone will take no more than they give. This is the radical aspect of the relaunch.

Five: we focus on the community rather than the coin. That is, the Joule becomes rather like the Neutral Territory Cafe, a place where talented characters from the cryptosphere can meet: quite serious, the exact opposite of the pathetic prevailing electronic high-fives tl;dr model in place elsewhere.

Six: National Chapters becomes a focus. Things like trading bullion require local knowledge.

Seven: 'consultancy culture': the Joule community (let the price of the coins tag along behind) begins introducing friends and neighbours and small merchants and family and colleagues and organisations to cryptos -- and not just the Joule. A nice set might be Bitcoin, Unobtanium, NXT, Joule. WE ASSIST THESE PEOPLE IN A HANDS-ON MANNER FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES.  We employ a wide range of novel approaches THAT ALL INVOLVE FACE-TO-FACE AND TELEPHONE COMMUNICATION.

Okay, got some visitors. Back shortly

M
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 03:15:42 AM

Eight: experiment with programs that make XJO's price genuinely independent of BTC's -- ??

Nine: develop a showcase in-house exchange. It will encompass Trusted Traders, policies to increase XJO's price by selling coin in-house (but buying on automated exchanges), physical bullion sales (managed by National Chapters), FIAT-TO-XJO trades (again NC's), interim volume-raising tactics -- ??

Ten: some experiments in 'micro-centralisation' (related to the anti-parasite techiques).

Conclusion: one of two things is about to happen: change or not-change. If the remaining Joule community members think that All Will Be Okay if they hodl, and perhaps put a fox tail on the aerial, then my ideas will be dismissed as insulting and unwelcome bullshit. Or the community might say, 'Joule is a satisfactory 1st-gen coin in the technical sense, but there are NO cases of such coins spontaneously returning to health. Joule is oddly 'neutral' (only 18 pagez on BTCtalk!). It somehow didn't take off in the first place. More to the point, we know that it will not at this moment in crypto history suddenly outcompete coins like NXT and Unobtanium. So . . . what if we accept this guy's suggestions, and see what we can learn?'

M.

1Referee
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:53:11 AM

All are not bad ideas, but you have to be realistic. Crypto is all about making money, people simply skip genuine coins to invest in scamcoins.

They need to have a reason to support a coin, which I can understand.

At the moment the most important things I consider urgent are :

- Building up a community
- Maintaining the Cryptsy listing, perhaps looking to get listed on another exchange
- Volume, if we can manage to have atleast 0.1/0.3btc volume per day on Cryptsy, then we can be happy
- Making sure buy support is nicely spreaded, no large buy orders, this to prevent large dumps

And after that we will see, focussing on the points above is already hard and can only be achieved with patience and commitment.
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 09:47:34 AM

Hi, Referee! I shan't badger you on your home turf. That would be rude. If Yes!! Isn't forthcoming, I'll get back to work.

Okay, you aren't simply wrong -- but on this very page Spazzdla writes that he will mine Joule until the sun burns out in the sky.

Next is IndiaMikeZulu. Google us. We have cred aplenty in community development. It's my hobby.

Next: this thread is being read by two other krypto hoomernz from a coin community with a proud history of long-term development.

Note also the NXT community, which has a clear commitment to The Big Picture. Gee, 5% of all NXTs were stolen in a hack this week, and the community didn't even flinch.

Please pardon me for trying to make my case convincing:

The support is already here. What is missing is a programme that will show results, and increase support.

What if, guys . . . what if . . . what if we just STARTED DOING IT?

M
1Referee
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 11:57:09 AM

Hi, Referee! I shan't badger you on your home turf. That would be rude. If Yes!! Isn't forthcoming, I'll get back to work.

Okay, you aren't simply wrong -- but on this very page Spazzdla writes that he will mine Joule until the sun burns out in the sky.

Next is IndiaMikeZulu. Google us. We have cred aplenty in community development. It's my hobby.

Next: this thread is being read by two other krypto hoomernz from a coin community with a proud history of long-term development.

Note also the NXT community, which has a clear commitment to The Big Picture. Gee, 5% of all NXTs were stolen in a hack this week, and the community didn't even flinch.

Please pardon me for trying to make my case convincing:

The support is already here. What is missing is a programme that will show results, and increase support.

What if, guys . . . what if . . . what if we just STARTED DOING IT?

M

If you're good in getting a community build then we should follow that line.

In order to get people hooked something in form of a nice feature, etc, will needs to be delivered first.

What we need is some social media addicts to start create positive fud, and share everything related to XJO via Google+, Facebook, Twitter.

If we can create a whole team around XJO then it's a whole lot easier to work. Every level of the team then can solely work on things they do the best.

How the team may look like :

- Dev(s)
- Communicator a.k.a spokesperson, that will also be responsible for getting investors on board. Making sure everything runs fine, etc.
- Social media team

At the moment it's an idea to create a betting platform around XJO, this is not easy to accomplish as it will take the dev a lot of time.

Another option is to hire a developer to create it, but that can add up in cost.
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:37:44 PM

Hey, Referee! Ummm . . . no.

With respect, exactly what I am suggesting is to break out the mould. With respect, exactly what you are suggesting is that the XJO community NOT break out of the mould. For example, I think seeking a betting site is an error. There are dozens of coins that you can already bet with, coins with higher caps and volumes. More importantly though, it trivialises the Joule. The sorts of losers who waste their lives hunched over the screen playing crypto poker are exactly the sort of people we want to avoid.

Next: getting the dev to do Something Big in order to revive the coin. Back to front!! XJO already suffers from intermittent dev involvement. He is most unlikely to invest energy at this point. Conversely, if the community began reinventing itself, and the coin rises even just a little in value, then the dev would see logic in investing more energy.

Next: social media does indeed have an important role; but reread my thesis: turn away from the screen. This 'tail-end' block of cryptos is all positive-fudded out!! Posi-FUD only leaves you oriented to the same easy-come-easy-go crowd that got you into this mess.

Here's a thought: crypto enthusiasts think of themselves as radicals. Actually, they are conservative! That is, they don't respond intelligently to their situation. The political left is exactly the same: just keeps doin' the same old stuff.

Referee, I am suggesting a highly intellectual approach to reviving this little coin,  using it as a laboratory -- THAT would be the new feature!!

M.
1Referee
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:01:29 PM

Hey, Referee! Ummm . . . no.

With respect, exactly what I am suggesting is to break out the mould. With respect, exactly what you are suggesting is that the XJO community NOT break out of the mould. For example, I think seeking a betting site is an error. There are dozens of coins that you can already bet with, coins with higher caps and volumes. More importantly though, it trivialises the Joule. The sorts of losers who waste their lives hunched over the screen playing crypto poker are exactly the sort of people we want to avoid.

Next: getting the dev to do Something Big in order to revive the coin. Back to front!! XJO already suffers from intermittent dev involvement. He is most unlikely to invest energy at this point. Conversely, if the community began reinventing itself, and the coin rises even just a little in value, then the dev would see logic in investing more energy.

Next: social media does indeed have an important role; but reread my thesis: turn away from the screen. This 'tail-end' block of cryptos is all positive-fudded out!! Posi-FUD only leaves you oriented to the same easy-come-easy-go crowd that got you into this mess.

Here's a thought: crypto enthusiasts think of themselves as radicals. Actually, they are conservative! That is, they don't respond intelligently to their situation. The political left is exactly the same: just keeps doin' the same old stuff.

Referee, I am suggesting a highly intellectual approach to reviving this little coin,  using it as a laboratory -- THAT would be the new feature!!

M.

Sorry to say, but you're view on this isn't exactly going to work. You're ideas are simply not realistic, and I'm not even sure if you're trolling or not.

Dev can't work on big projects as he is very limited in time.

A betting platform is a great idea! Gambling and crypto is huge. People love to gamble away their coins, and it gets people hooked.

What I aim for is a platform where you as user can gamble, chill out, invest in bankroll and even invest in the platform itself by buying shares.

It's good if John also shed his light onto what he think will be the right direction. After all, it's his coin Smiley

Hope John can comment and share his thoughts about what he think is the right direction.
JohnJoule (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:11:24 PM

I think there's place for everyone's energy, let's keep it positive Smiley

People use cryptocurrencies for different reasons, so we can approach promotion in various ways.

I suggest people start their own projects in the areas that interest them; action speaks louder than words!
1Referee
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:27:10 PM

I think there's place for everyone's energy, let's keep it positive Smiley

I suggest people start their own projects in the areas that interest them; action speaks louder than words!

You're right, see, it gives a fresh look when a clear minded person shares his thoughts.

I like it. Action speaks louder than words!
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 11:41:56 PM

Thanks for weighing in, John.

Goodness! IndiaMikeZulu suspected of being trolls!! (Referee, did you Google IndiaMikeZulu? Didn't notice that I
am the only crypto geek on the planet who posts his home phone number?)

Yes, actions speak louder than words; but disparate approaches guarantee poor results. I shall get out of your hair. Good luck. The Joule is a good coin.

Mark Blair (IndiaMikeZulu)
12671 Muir Highway, Unicup, Western Australia
08 9857 1000
1Referee
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:17:27 AM

Thanks for weighing in, John.

Goodness! IndiaMikeZulu suspected of being trolls!! (Referee, did you Google IndiaMikeZulu? Didn't notice that I
am the only crypto geek on the planet who posts his home phone number?)

Yes, actions speak louder than words; but disparate approaches guarantee poor results. I shall get out of your hair. Good luck. The Joule is a good coin.

Mark Blair (IndiaMikeZulu)
12671 Muir Highway, Unicup, Western Australia
08 9857 1000

Well, I probably misunderstood you, sorry for that.

You have a, let me say, different style of writing. That's why I thought you were trolling.

Let everyone focus on what he/she can do the best and then all the efforts together will result in a forward step for Joulecoin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: