Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:35:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency education in high school  (Read 2003 times)
yangdd

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:03:01 AM

I consider this a good idea, and an example for other schools from around the world. It's interesting to know how they managed to introduce all the same into the educational process, information and lessons about crypto currency. Cool
kristinasm

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:15:50 PM

It is great that at least in some schools students are taught modern technologies, current knowledge, which will certainly be useful to them in the real world. Let so will in all educational institutions.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.networ
modtakels

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:19:36 PM

This shouldnt be taught with the courses,these kids doesnt have any source of investments which is why it is too risky for them to lose their money,what if these kids stole some money from their parents? is that acceptable reason? because they wanted to invest in bitcoin? or cryptocurrencies? of course not ! we should be teaching our kids to study hard not these things.

Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:27:50 PM

This shouldnt be taught with the courses,these kids doesnt have any source of investments which is why it is too risky for them to lose their money,what if these kids stole some money from their parents? is that acceptable reason? because they wanted to invest in bitcoin? or cryptocurrencies? of course not ! we should be teaching our kids to study hard not these things.

Why are you such negative?
Cryptocurrencies is something can be used for the payments. It's not a bad idea if it is taught. If some one don't know bitcoin completely, it's more risky. Better to know bitcoin and use it with knowledge.
Ishiro5
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 10:36:02 PM

I think it is a good idea to start teaching crypto at high school level if not even earlier. The world is going digital and that includes crypto taking over from fiat and solving some other real world problems like we are beginning to see with the use of smart contracts. Getting them prepared for the future at theat level aint a bad idea. Before now, top ten companies in the world used to be dominated by oil and gas, but now its dominated by companies that are digitally inclined like amazon. Thumbs up to New Jersey.
fitzzz

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:54:43 PM

This is great to teach cryptocurrency in school so that blockchain tech will not be vanished and can be improve more. So it can be pass from generation to generation and so this will be the future.
KuyaBreezy

Activity: 504

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:59:20 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2018, 07:34:09 AM by KuyaBreezy

This is a very good move for the school. Cryptocurrency is the future and the sooner its impacted into the younger generation the better. This will help them void common mistake made by new comers as the lessons they learn from the school will cover the basics of cryptocurrency, the DO's and the Dont's and the general ways in which to approach the crypto market. This is basically taking care of the future generation. With the younger generation involved, w are also certain of the continuity of the crypto technology which is a good thing

Manc89

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:59:50 PM

This high school in New Jersey is already teaching its students about cryptocurrencies.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/07/bitcoin-education-at-high-schools-and-colleges.html
This is I think one of the most interesting and unique thing they did, because gaining a lot of knowledge in cryptocurrencies will lead us to a better and more successful future. I think if I am a highschool student on that university, I will be very grateful because it will lead me to many opportunities in life.
I know all the move earlier is better for example getting more knowledge from high school which we know is in ealry age and stage. But cryptocurrency is all about investment and its related with financial. With that condition, early age will not be ready with money investment and maybe it can bother the other lesson.
Burogh

Activity: 644

COVIR.IO

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:28:15 AM

This high school in New Jersey is already teaching its students about cryptocurrencies.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/07/bitcoin-education-at-high-schools-and-colleges.html

Thats a great news. Bitcoin or blochchain can make revolution on our industry and economy. With transparant ledger and data more safe, its should be blockchain teach on school. I am believe that blockchain or bitcoin or cryptocurrency is the future and new generation should know and learn to developing it

ram64GB

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 01:38:24 AM

This is a good idea for a goverment who acknowledged bitcoin. Those students will be a future investors to a bitcoin world. Someday they will get interested in Bitcoin they will have an idea how crypto works. Unlike our past generations.
Butchick

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:04:30 AM

Bitcoin is becoming more popular everyday and the number of oeople using its technology and investing in crypto currency is increasing everyday. Moreover, bitcoin have become a source of income for some and i believe that eventually, the use of digital currency will be global and so the idea of teqching crypto currency to high school atudents would probably result positively since aside from kids being informed about how bitcoin works, atleast they get to learn how to use it in a good way and not abuse it.

sazon84

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:07:22 AM

This is the useful knowledge for children.  In our country, schools do not teach children to handle finances and cryptocurrency.  Although I believe that this knowledge is very important for future adulthood.  Therefore, I plan to deal with my child myself and introduce him to the cryptocurrency.

ETERBASE             Europe's Premier             ETERBASE
——————  Digital Asset Exchange  ——————
  Whitepaper    Telegram Twitter Discord      Announce 
Lun4t1c

Activity: 75

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:10:51 AM

This idea is absolutely helpful. Kids should know the value and importance of bitcoin in young age. So that in the future it is easy for them to deal with bitcoin.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2268
Merit: 788

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:16:17 AM

I think this is too early for High school students but the right time for college students, but overall this is great for the crypto community. This will certainly affect the future of Crypto currency market, since they have at least a basic knowledge how blockchain works. Unlike the older people today that has a closed mind thinking that Bitcoin/altcoin is just another scam. This students will be the future investors and will surely make the crypto currency market stay for the future.

Technically, high school is where most students tend to discover their passion about their lives, which is the crucial stage for determining their future. Teaching at least a background in cryptocurrency on high school will supplement the students with the right understanding and knowledge if they want to pursue such degree in the future. Not to mention, with the digitalized age slowly embracing into the world, who knows that maybe in the future countries will adapt electronic money and dispose the paper money system.

As the saying goes "start them young" and this is very true.
I don't think that's true for crypto and youth, though.  Bitcoin hasn't quite achieved wide adoption yet, and most people still question whether it's necessary.  If you tell the average person about bitcoin, they'll ask you what it's used for.  If you tell them you can buy things with it, they'll ask you how you get it.  You then have to tell them that it has to be bought on an exchange.  Then they'll ask why you'd want to go to an exchange to buy a currency in order to spend it, when the cash dollars in their pocket is much quicker and has no transaction fees involved.  If you happen to mention that you have to pay fees to miners and that you have to wait for transaction confirmation, they'll likely tell you that they're not interested.  This exact conversation has happened with me, which is why I'm writing it.

Kids don't really need to be educated about crypto, in my opinion.  If it has any staying power, they'll either pick it up or they won't.  I think education about economics in general is more important.  Maybe the mathematics behind crypto would be more appropriate, but that's about it.

You are right but I have my reservations. Being able to exposed them at an early age about cryptocurrency would give them the idea behind how it works. Due to the hype of media, I guess that most of these students have an idea about what bitcoin is but not about its function and use. Most of them know about its skyrocketing price but the they tend to ignore the actual use of it, which is to provide convenience in transactions and not just some investment tool.
CrystalPham

Activity: 128

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:41:43 AM

first broached adding cryptography to his Business and Personal Finance class at the start of this school year. A few students had approached BTC in September and October, asking what they knew about bitcoin and other digital coins.
chel0

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:45:51 AM

For me,teaching cryptocurrency in high school is a good idea as long as it is agreeable by the Department of Education.I believe high school students are already old enough to understand what cryptocurrency is, how it works and its advantage and disadvantages. It can be a sort of diversion to the students who spend more time in computer shops playing online games.Instead of playing games,they do cryptocurrency to earn money for their educational expenses and even help their parents to support for living.
BLAST2MARS

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 03:01:20 AM

This will just result in giving these students the idea to invest and trade altcoins. They'll know about bitcoin but when they stumbled upon an article where a person became a millionaire because of crypto, they will surely do the same with no hesitations.
manismanja

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 03:03:42 AM

education cryptocurrency in college is needed because with the technology bitcoin use when crisp and when making money transfer process used bitcoin technology is very good and can be a reference for various existing students.

●   TOKPIE   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  GET ETHEREUM FOR YOUR BOUNTY STAKES  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  instantly & regularly  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
romecheo

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 03:13:01 AM

It was a good idea to educate student even in high school, actually I was thinking much in early elementary student. Because I do believe when someone make a knowledge on crypto currencies earlier it would make a big difference in the life and future.

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
Satin Chan

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 03:23:43 AM

I think is too early for high school students involve cryto world.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: