Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 01:32:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RAM-Reduction & Backup Center Testing (version 0.89.99.16)  (Read 41219 times)
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 08:17:03 PM

Did you try it without the changes?  I didn't need to make any, I think I'm using 13.04 xubuntu.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 08:20:28 PM

I am trying to 'make' the Makefile in Ubuntu 13.04, but I have found this instruction from you Etotheipi:

...open the cppForSwig/Makefile and uncomment the LIBRARY_OPTS line around line 13 that includes "config-x86_64-linux" and also remove the STATICPYTHON variable (just use "STATICPYTHON =" without anything after it)...

What exactly does this mean? My makefile looks like this:

Code:
LIBRARY_OPTS += -lpthread -Lleveldb -L/usr/lib/python2.7/config-x86_64-linux-gnu/ -lpython2.7
SWIG_OPTS    += -c++ -python -classic -threads

UNAME := $(shell uname)

ifeq ($(UNAME), Darwin)
   # This configuration assumes you have setup your 10.X.X system like
   # Red Emerald in this thread:
   #    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=73648.msg976015#msg976015
# The makefile updates he shows are already tied into this if/else branch
   PYVER += `python -c 'import sys; print str(sys.version_info[0]) + "." + str(sys.version_info[1])'`
   SWIG_INC     += -I"/usr/include/python$(PYVER)"
   STATICPYTHON +=   "/usr/lib/python$(PYVER)/config/libpython$(PYVER).a"
else
   PYVER += `python2 -c 'import sys; print str(sys.version_info[0]) + "." + str(sys.version_info[1])'`
   SWIG_INC     += -I"$(DEPSDIR)/include/python$(PYVER)"
   #STATICPYTHON +=   "$(DEPSDIR)/lib/libpython$(PYVER).a"
   STATICPYTHON =

Which I believe does not have any comments on line LIBRARYOPTS, and also already has the line STATICPYTHON blank, so do I need to change this file before running 'make'?

Sorry if this is obvious.

It's not obvious.  And I'm frustrated that the Makefile is still so terrible.  I have gone to great lengths to make sure Armory is easy to compile on all *nix systems, and it is ... once you get the Makefile worked out.  I really need a better Makefile, but my Makefile skills are crap. 

What you posted looks right.  Did you install all the dependencies first?  See here:

http://bitcoinarmory.com/download/building-armory-from-source/

sudo apt-get install git-core build-essential pyqt4-dev-tools swig libqtcore4 libqt4-dev python-qt4 python-dev python-twisted python-psutil

The "python-dev" pacakge should put libpython2.7.a into the /usr/lib/python2.7/config-x86_64-linux-gnu/ directory.  If it's not there, please post the output of: 

Code:
$ cd /usr
$ find . | grep libpython2

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
e4xit

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 08:25:32 PM

Yes, I installed dependencies:

Code:
~$ sudo apt-get install git-core build-essential pyqt4-dev-tools swig libqtcore4 libqt4-dev python-qt4 python-dev python-twisted python-psutil
[sudo] password for will:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
python-twisted is already the newest version.
libqt4-dev is already the newest version.
swig is already the newest version.
git-core is already the newest version.
libqtcore4 is already the newest version.
python-dev is already the newest version.
build-essential is already the newest version.
python-qt4 is already the newest version.
pyqt4-dev-tools is already the newest version.
python-psutil is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

This is the result of my 'make' command (I tried with no edits to the Makefile):

Code:
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/will/BitcoinArmory/cppForSwig/cryptopp'
cd leveldb; make libleveldb.a; mv libleveldb.a ..
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/will/BitcoinArmory/cppForSwig/leveldb'
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -fPIC -O2 -DNDEBUG        -c db/builder.cc -o db/builder.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -fPIC -O2 -DNDEBUG        -c db/c.cc -o db/c.o
db/c.cc: In function ‘bool SaveError(char**, const leveldb::Status&)’:
db/c.cc:141:42: error: ‘_strdup’ was not declared in this scope
db/c.cc:145:42: error: ‘_strdup’ was not declared in this scope
db/c.cc: In function ‘char* leveldb_property_value(leveldb_t*, const char*)’:
db/c.cc:250:30: error: ‘_strdup’ was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [db/c.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/will/BitcoinArmory/cppForSwig/leveldb'
mv: cannot stat ‘libleveldb.a’: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [libleveldb.a] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/will/BitcoinArmory/cppForSwig'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Python is in /usr/ correctly I think:

Code:
will@ubuntu:/usr/lib/python2.7/config-x86_64-linux-gnu$ ls
config.c  config.c.in  install-sh  libpython2.7.a  libpython2.7-pic.a  libpython2.7.so  Makefile  makesetup  python.o  Setup  Setup.config  Setup.local

and this is the result of running

$ cd /usr
$ find . | grep libpython2

Code:
./lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpython2.7.so
./lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpython2.7.a
./lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpython2.7.so.1.0
./lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpython2.7.so.1
./lib/python2.7/config-x86_64-linux-gnu/libpython2.7.so
./lib/python2.7/config-x86_64-linux-gnu/libpython2.7.a
./lib/python2.7/config-x86_64-linux-gnu/libpython2.7-pic.a
./share/doc/libpython2.7
./share/doc/libpython2.7-stdlib
./share/doc/libpython2.7-minimal
./share/doc/libpython2.7-minimal/changelog.Debian.gz
./share/doc/libpython2.7-minimal/copyright
./share/doc/libpython2.7-minimal/README.Debian
./share/doc/libpython2.7-dev
./share/lintian/overrides/libpython2.7
./share/lintian/overrides/libpython2.7-stdlib
./share/lintian/overrides/libpython2.7-minimal
./share/lintian/overrides/libpython2.7-dev

Sorry for so much code in a single post!

Not your keys, not your coins.
CoinJoin, always.
cp1

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 09:19:18 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2013, 09:33:03 PM by cp1

That's weird, I don't think it even tried to compile any directory except for cppforswig root directory.  I just did a make clean in the leveldb, cryptopp, and cppforswig directories and redid make in the root BitcoinArmory directory and it didn't do anything to leveldb or cryptopp.  I did get an a.out in cryptopp, not sure from what.

BTW I'm on Xubuntu 13.04, but this is with armory 0.89.99.3

Do you have libcrypto++-dev and qt4reactor.py?

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
e4xit

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 10:13:07 PM

That's weird, I don't think it even tried to compile any directory except for cppforswig root directory.  I just did a make clean in the leveldb, cryptopp, and cppforswig directories and redid make in the root BitcoinArmory directory and it didn't do anything to leveldb or cryptopp.  I did get an a.out in cryptopp, not sure from what.

BTW I'm on Xubuntu 13.04, but this is with armory 0.89.99.3

Do you have libcrypto++-dev and qt4reactor.py?

Huh, well i didn't have either actually, had previously only run
Code:
sudo apt-get install git-core build-essential pyqt4-dev-tools swig libqtcore4 libqt4-dev python-qt4 python-dev python-twisted python-psutil
On top of a completely fresh Ubuntu 13.04 (64bit) install to VMWare.

Now I installed libcrypto++-dev and also this package http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/python-qt4reactor and all those related packages (just to be sure)...

Ran make again and just threw the exact same error?

http://pastebin.com/rHe2g9kU
(Full log from terminal)

I am officially out of my depth and stuck :/

CoinJoin, always.
cp1

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 10:52:34 PM

Ah I tried the new version and got the same error as you.

From a diff of the two versions it looks like line 18 in leveldb/db/c.cc was added:  #define strdup _strdup.  Just delete that line and remake.

cryptomint

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 11:16:15 PM

Ah I tried the new version and got the same error as you.

From a diff of the two versions it looks like line 18 in leveldb/db/c.cc was added:  #define strdup _strdup.  Just delete that line and remake.

I was having the same problem. Commenting out this line allowed it to compile for me (Debian testing/jessie)

Thanks!
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 11:17:02 PM

#define strdup _strdup

This line is for the msvc11 build only. Sorry, it should be only defined for the Windows project:

Code:
#ifdef _MSC_VER
#define strdup _strdup
#endif

e4xit

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:26:30 AM

Great success, that sorted it.

Nicely spotted cp1! I guess 'diff' should be my next command to learn (if indeed it was a terminal command at all)...  Grin

CoinJoin, always.
e4xit

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:01:35 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2013, 10:26:38 AM by e4xit

etotheipi, and anyone else who wants to try this test branch (and is a bit of a terminal noob like myself) in my experience for Ubuntu 13.06 (64bit) you can use the following build instructions, for 0.89.99.5:

Code:
sudo apt-get install git-core build-essential pyqt4-dev-tools swig libqtcore4 libqt4-dev python-qt4 python-dev python-twisted python-psutil libcrypto++-dev

git clone git://github.com/etotheipi/BitcoinArmory.git

cd BitcoinArmory

git checkout testing

cd BitcoinArmory/cppForSwig/leveldb/db/

gedit c.cc

// Comment out or delete line 18 (" #define strdup _strdup"), save and close c.cc

cd ~/BitcoinArmory

make

python ArmoryQt.py

CoinJoin, always.
cp1

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 10:26:11 PM

I think you have to cd to the bitcoinarmory directory before switching the branch.

e4xit

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 10:39:26 AM

I think you have to cd to the bitcoinarmory directory before switching the branch.

Right you are, corrected.

In other news, I have been using this build reasonably sucessfully now for a few days, until two days ago I wanted to move some coins to an online wallet.

I was not near my dedicated offline netbook which holds the private keys for my wallet so performed something of an emergency procedure: I downloaded armory (stable version 0.88.1 windoze) on the laptop I had access to, and restored my wallet (from paper backup).

I did not even download bitcoin qt/d as i just needed the privkeys, then, I exported the privkeys and swept the balances to my other wallet, so now, theoretically, the coins are not in an address in the armory address book...Right?

Wrong!

Although I can see that the funds have been moved to a new address, when I returned to my machine with the VM and armory 0.89.99.5 loaded on, the coins are apparently still in the wallet!?

I have checked the terminal and I seem to be synced up to the latest block; all the lights seem to be green on armory, anybody know what is going on?

CoinJoin, always.
cp1

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 04:32:45 PM

If I read that right you tried to sweep a balance without having access to the blockchain.  You can't do that because it doesn't know anything about your transactions.

Edit:  It would be cool to have access to a blockchain.info type website where you could query unspent transactions, for this kind of emergency mode.

e4xit

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 04:49:31 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2013, 05:07:48 PM by e4xit

cp1 sorry, I may not have made myself clear. I used a second (online) wallet to sweep the funds.

It is just the (online) Armory wallet running in a VM which does not seem to register that the funds have left all addresses controlled by it...

Edit: Fixed. Nevermind

CoinJoin, always.
winnetou

Activity: 361

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 04:34:21 PM

Is this version already safe to use for managing (creating & broadcasting) offline transactions?
w00dy

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 08:22:00 AM

There is still a problem where the app occasionally starts up like that and is filling the log with "Marking Orphan Chain" messages, but it looks like it's doing something or getting ready to do something.  This is one of the big bugs I have to fix before I can put out a real release.

After you've done the initial sync with Bitcoin-Qt, and Armory built the database, the most it should take is 10-20 minutes to do a rescan.  And if you've loaded it before and closed it in a good state, it won't even need to do that.  And when it is rescanning, it will tell you that it is.

Moral of the story:  if it stays at 1% for more than a couple minutes, it's hosed.  But restarting seems to fix it. 

Restarting does not fix it here.

BitconQT is up-to-date but the 0.89.99.5 beta is stuck with this problem every time i start it.

x64 W7, 8GB RAM, TC'ed System
SimonBelmond

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 02:12:09 PM

same here. Worked with 0.89.99.3 version. Might it be the installer? Shall we send logs? which ones and from what location?
HowlingMad

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 01:25:26 AM

Is this version for Windows supposed to be 64 bit?  My Win7 installation saves it in the 32-bit subdir and states in TaskMan that it is 32-bit, along with bitcoind.
Thank you

Windows 10, R280x * 3
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 02:14:08 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2013, 02:25:12 PM by DobZombie

bug -

armory 89.99.3 (the standalone windows version)

It crashed and left bitcoin.exe running.  When I attempted to restart armouryqt.exe nothing happened.  I had to open the task manager and close bitcoin.exe

Hope this helps!
======================================

Also, is there a way to automatically sweep the change back into the original address?  So if I'm using a vanity address I can happily use it on many devices.

and don't lecture me on security, I only keep BTC1 in there so I can make small purchases while I'm out and about : Wink

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 10:20:10 PM

Also, is there a way to automatically sweep the change back into the original address?  So if I'm using a vanity address I can happily use it on many devices.

You can use custom change behavior in Armory by switching to "Expert" usermode.  Then when you create a transaction, you can specify that you want the change to be sent back to the first input address, or specify another address.  You can also choose to have it remember the setting so you won't have to re-select it for each transaction.

Hope that helps!

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: